Sign in to follow this  
crackills

Williams or Cohen with the #1 waiver claim this week?

Williams might in RBBC and only for a few weeks. plus just not that good behind the AZ line.

Cohen is definitely in a RBBC but seemed dynamic when he played.

who is the better option at #1?

I'd say Cohen. The bears showed a real commitment to him being part of the offense. Not to say he'll be this involved every week, but you don't have to worry about him staying relevant.

I'm not sure how good any other RB on Arizona is. That offense has questions and I'm not sure what an RB like Williams can do if Palmer can't effectively throw the ball. Not to mention that they may get another RB if he goes on IR. Too many questions around Williams for me to take him over Cohen or to bid for him as you would Cohen.

I'll say Williams.

Cohen is Darren Sproles 2.0. In Darren Sproles best season, can you ride him to a championship? Nope. Jordan Howard is the starter.

If Williams somehow end up with 65-70% of the touches in that offense, you are looking at potentially a RB1. I think Johnson is done for the season.

• Like 1

Cohen would be my pick. Especially in PPR.

Arizona will be a RBBC more than likely and Chicago has no WR's since they lost yet another guy (Kevin White).

I'll say Williams.

Cohen is Darren Sproles 2.0. In Darren Sproles best season, can you ride him to a championship? Nope. Jordan Howard is the starter.

If Williams somehow end up with 65-70% of the touches in that offense, you are looking at potentially a RB1. I think Johnson is done for the season.

DJ makes that offense, not the other way around. AZ will be putrid on offense without their dynamic running back. Bad O-line, Palmer looked awful, the wide receiving core is full of 3's and 4's & lacks a decent complement to Fitz. It'll be RBBC and a bad one.

Williams is worth a flyer, but I think Cohen will be a much the better pick up.

I like Cohen. Looks like he'll have a pretty good role regardless and could become even more valuable if he takes more snaps or Howard gets hurt.

Williams doesn't look like anything special and will split time with Ellington even assuming DJ is out for a long time.

Ppr Cohen.

Sale high if you own Howard in ppr.

DJ makes that offense, not the other way around. AZ will be putrid on offense without their dynamic running back. Bad O-line, Palmer looked awful, the wide receiving core is full of 3's and 4's & lacks a decent complement to Fitz. It'll be RBBC and a bad one.

Williams is worth a flyer, but I think Cohen will be a much the better pick up.

That's where i am leaning as well.. I think DJ is THE talent.. without him the whole AZ run game will struggle. I own Howard as well but will grab Cohen and might play both based on the matchup since Chicago will be playing from behind a lot this year.

• Like 1

I have the #1 pick also in a standard 12 team keeper league. Which back has the best long term value? I'm in rebuild mode and have my choice of Carson, Kamara, and Cohen. I have them ranked in that order long term. Carson looks explosive, and has the size I'm just concerned with all the bodies there (Rawls, lacy, procise). I think he could take over long term at some point b/c of Rawls injury history and Lacys ineffectiveness. I've heard the Kamara could also be keeper and long term starter. Don't know much about him. Cohen is the "human joystick" and had a great week 1 but has Howard getting the majority of work and goal line carries. Am I crazy passing on Cohen for either Carson or Kamara in a non PPR keeper league? How would you rank them?

I have the #1 pick also in a standard 12 team keeper league. Which back has the best long term value? I'm in rebuild mode and have my choice of Carson, Kamara, and Cohen. I have them ranked in that order long term. Carson looks explosive, and has the size I'm just concerned with all the bodies there (Rawls, lacy, procise). I think he could take over long term at some point b/c of Rawls injury history and Lacys ineffectiveness. I've heard the Kamara could also be keeper and long term starter. Don't know much about him. Cohen is the "human joystick" and had a great week 1 but has Howard getting the majority of work and goal line carries. Am I crazy passing on Cohen for either Carson or Kamara in a non PPR keeper league? How would you rank them?

Keeper league, you need to look at stability of the team/scheme -- sometimes when an HC or even OC changes, the prospects for the player change as well. Carroll's on a 2yr contract; Sean Payton is signed through 2020; and John Fox is day to day. Wilson is locked down for 2yrs also; Brees is year to year; and Trubisky will be slinging it for the Bears in due time, so that should also temper your outlook. Talent-wise, Cohen is the more 'special' player, but both Carson & Kamara will be starting at some point this season and are better situated for lead-back duties over the next few years.

If I had to go based on literally their first week in the NFL, in a keeper league, I'd probably go Carson, Cohen, Kamara, and I'd be happy with high-end RB2 production (or better, obviously) from any of them.

Ppr Cohen.

Sale high if you own Howard in ppr.[/quote

There's no high on Howard now is he? Folks who own him are terrified. Folks who faded him during draft season are falling out of trees to claim brilliance. Cohen was all in the game eating the easy targets. He might turn Howard into 2017 Jonathan Stewart.

Or are you projecting a Jeremy Langford-like disappearance for Howard?

Cohen might take a load. Kerwyn can go 25-ish. But you need to know your leaguemates and their teams. Do you have anyone in bad shape rb-wise? Do you have someone who would just bid high to make sure no one got these guys on the cheap?

Also, are you screwed if you don't get one of these guys in your mind?

Not screwed. I've got Kareem Hunt, Abdullah and Doug Martin but I'm thin. Also lost Allen Robinson. I was thinking around $50-$75 for each of them. Maybe too high tho

In ranking the running backs to add this week, go with Cohen, Allen, Williams, Carson, Mack and Ellington, in that order.

Ppr Cohen.

Sale high if you own Howard in ppr.[/quote

There's no high on Howard now is he? Folks who own him are terrified. Folks who faded him during draft season are falling out of trees to claim brilliance. Cohen was all in the game eating the easy targets. He might turn Howard into 2017 Jonathan Stewart.

Or are you projecting a Jeremy Langford-like disappearance for Howard?

No, but I don't see him posting the ff totals he did last season either.

Even before the season I posted that.

Now with Cohen a true threat to take away even more work from him and even more so in the passing game= ppr I would look to shop him and see if you can indeed get a high return for him.

I agree 100%... With white going down this offense will be a dink n dunk. Cohen is gonna reap the rewards. I own Howard and I'm very nervous.

Allen might be even more worthy if Woodhead is out for some time.

So looks like I'm dropping Forte, obvious drop right? Can't waste 2 bench spots on Powell and Forte in hopes one ends up being lead back.

In standard, I want to go Williams. Might go Cohen. Also have Parker, DJax, and J. Matt has my #3 WR. Tempted to get Golladay or Lee/Hurns.

Should probably just go RB....WR's seem a dime a dozen.

I have the number one waiver pick but it is a continual rolling league, which means if I use it, I will definitely get who I want, but then I drop back down to number 10.

So, do I think anyone on the waivers is worth a number one pick? (My team is in my signature)

Answer....NOPE!

Now that Zeke is back for good, I have three good RBs and can ONLY play two. Thus, COHEN won't even play unless an injury or bye.

As for WRs, The Lions rookie WR is intriguing but is he worth me giving up my number one slot? Nope. So I guess I will just add someone when all the waiver picks have been made. Not a big deal......yet.

I have the number one waiver pick but it is a continual rolling league, which means if I use it, I will definitely get who I want, but then I drop back down to number 10.

So, do I think anyone on the waivers is worth a number one pick? (My team is in my signature)

Answer....NOPE!

Now that Zeke is back for good, I have three good RBs and can ONLY play two. Thus, COHEN won't even play unless an injury or bye.

As for WRs, The Lions rookie WR is intriguing but is he worth me giving up my number one slot? Nope. So I guess I will just add someone when all the waiver picks have been made. Not a big deal......yet.

Sometimes it's as much about keeping these players off other players rosters and having trade bait as it is picking up a player you can start.

FYI its official CJ0K is back with the Cards. I think that should quell some of the Williams enthusiasm.

FYI its official CJ0K is back with the Cards. I think that should quell some of the Williams enthusiasm.

Possibly.

The question, though, is: if CJ0K were that much of a threat to Williams, why wasn't Williams cut instead of CJ0K?

I think he's just depth. I do not see CJ doing much.

Possibly.

The question, though, is: if CJ0K were that much of a threat to Williams, why wasn't Williams cut instead of CJ0K?

I think he's just depth. I do not see CJ doing much.

it's not always about keeping the 3 best backs, but about finding the 3 that fit best together. Especially when your #1 is an alpha like DJ that is going to touch the ball 350 times potentially; it's more important to have the other 2 have skill sets that compliment the #1 more even if they're a lesser talent, and play special teams.

not saying I'm right or you're wrong since we'll see how it plays out, but just providing the contrasting argument to your statement.

• Like 1

Answer....NOPE!

You have a very weak WR core. That being said I would still take one of the top RBs for two reasons:

- it is much easier to trade a good RB for a proven WR.

- even if you can't start him if one of those guys blows up it is a win to keep them off your opponents roster.

I would much rather have a RB with upside then a 3rd TE playing on the Giants.