Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

How big of nerd do you consider yourself to be?

Nerdiness scale  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How big of nerd are you on a scale of 1-10

I'll claim the 10 Title for you guys.

I recently had a Star Wars Gender Reveal Party for my soon-to-be-born daughter. I have over $2k Invested in the X-Wing Star Wars Miniatures game. I have read and own every current Star Wars Canon Novel and have watched every episode of the Star Wars: Clones wars and Star Wars: Rebels animated series'. I own over 500 PC Games on Steam in addition to owning a PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. I recently sold my Magic: The Gathering Collection and netted nearly $1000. I used to participate in Magic: The Gathering tournaments. I used to make YouTube videos of me playing Pokemon, among other games, of which I made collaboration videos with Streamers and YouTubers that now have hundreds of thousands of followers. I own every Pokemon Game, have a complete Pokedex, own a physical copy of every Pokemon Gym Badge and at one point played competitively. I once invested 2,000+ hours in a single character on a Text-Based Multi-Used Dungeon Game. I own every Fire Emblem and every Final Fantasy game. I have a Funimation Subscription. I only watch Subbed Animes. I can name over 50 different Korean Pop Music groups. I own almost every book penned by Stephen Hawking and Richard Dawkins. I played World of Warcraft for 12 Hours a day over the course of two straight years while unemployed. I earned the right to call myself the highest Damage per Second Paladin in the Wrath of the Lich King Expansion on the Kiljadeen Server. I was the Shadowmourne recipient for my Raid Guild. I was also a competitive Auctioneer. Across all 10 of my characters, I had every profession maximized and profited around 10K Gold a day. I had to maintain a "Bank" Character just to hold all of my other characters stuff. He had his own Guild as the only member just so I could have a personal Guild Bank. I played Dungeons and Dragons version 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0. I was a Member of Collectible Card Card in High School. I play the French Horn, Trumpet, and Baritone. I have at least a thousand dollars invested in Hearthstone, Pokemon Duel, and Mass Effect: Andromeda micro-transactions. I own Pokemon Plush Stuffed Animals and wear Pokemon apparel in Public. I have read and own all of the Dragonlance Novels.

Should I go on?

You are freaking epic man, this post was amazing. Just jumped up to the coolest guy on this board to me, no joke. None of the other guys here claiming to be 9 or even 8 are even close. They are 6-7 at very most from what I have read.

5 i guess. Dont do star wars or anything like it. Dont do video games and havent since I was a kid.

I wish I was more nerdy with computers. I can manage but not real great with it when it gets under the surface knowledge.

Hey Saint I was the first pally tank to clear all the TBCs as a main tank in my time with Nihilium. Unfortunately I eventually couldn't maintain the 8 hr a day requirement and had to step back during Lich King. We had I think 6 official world firsts and tons of other no official like the 10 pally Karazhan which was one of the most fun runs I ever did. Exorcism and consecration ftw

Damn. That's awesome man. It's one hell of a time investment for sure. Good memories. :cheers:

Wow. You win.

I was a bug dragonlance fan as a kid. Read them many times. We had two outdoor cats that lived in our neighborhood as a kid. A skinny black one and a fat one. We called them Raistin and Caramon.

My cousin had a kid that he named Raistlin...really bad idea. He underwent several blood transfusions after birth, but didn't make it. Fitting to the character, but a sad as fock story.

Fun fact - Dragonlance is actually where "Elistan" comes from. He was a cleric of Paladine. :thumbsup:

I’m going to the midnight release for Super Mario Odyssey at Best Buy tonite. Nuff said.

I'm absolutely stoked for this game! Hoping the kids like to watch...

I played World of Warcraft for 12 Hours a day over the course of two straight years while unemployed.

I think I know why you had so much trouble finding a job. :o

I think I know why you had so much trouble finding a job. :o

WoW is like crack. I used to play for hours a day myself.

One day I realized I had spend hours harvesting digital plants and rocks to make digital potions to sell for digital gold to buy a digital elf a digital sword or something.

Realized that was basically like having a job.

Feel free, Djgb and MTSB, to drop any recommended Anime's. I recently enjoyed Log Horizon as an alternative to Sword Art Online. Claymore was pretty interesting. Erased was a touching series.

I fell like all of you non-nerds would really like Attack on Titan if you wanted a starting point - it's on Hulu.

I managed to watch all of Bleach...does that help my case?

I do not really watch TV shows. I do have a funimation account but it is only for DB Super. The only reason I watch that is because I read all the Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z Manga in addition to watching the TV shows. I am 500 episodes in I am not going to stop now.

I know it is on Adult Swim, but that is a year behind, I do not want to accidentally read a spoiler so I watch the dubbed version.

I have read ~15 of the Dragon Lance novels as well, i would not have guessed that is where your character name is from. It was too long ago. You probably would like the Discworld series, sort of the Parody to Dragon Lance. I am right there with you WoW, and DnD and I have you beat in MTG, but you have me beat everywhere else.

After re-reading your post you are clearly nerdier than me.

5 i guess. Dont do star wars or anything like it. Dont do video games and havent since I was a kid.

I wish I was more nerdy with computers. I can manage but not real great with it when it gets under the surface knowledge.

The computer stuff is useful. I was a bit of a computer nerd way back in the day. Then I wasnt into it anymore and all that stuff passed me by and now I know nothing :(

WoW is like crack. I used to play for hours a day myself.

One day I realized I had spend hours harvesting digital plants and rocks to make digital potions to sell for digital gold to buy a digital elf a digital sword or something.

Realized that was basically like having a job.

I have a friend who started a company which is now a Fortune 500 company so... yeah, he's rich. And retired. Back shortly after WoW was released he showed it to me and had this vision of it laying the groundwork for a real life global contract-based economy. Interesting concept.

Hey real talk. Did y'all manage to watch the big fight between Jiren and Goku when it came out that Saturday? It BROKE the internet. So many people were trying to watch it that all the sites that stream it went down. They even had a dam prefight show (which I watched) two hours before the episode. Wasn't able to watch it til like 1:30 am that night

Hey real talk. Did y'all manage to watch the big fight between Jiren and Goku when it came out that Saturday? It BROKE the internet. So many people were trying to watch it that all the sites that stream it went down. They even had a dam prefight show (which I watched) two hours before the episode. Wasn't able to watch it til like 1:30 am that night

I avoid spoilers, i do not read the title of the current episode or watch the end of the previous episode. I did not know this last episode was supposed to be a big episode, overall anti-climatic. Probably will have another 5-10 filler episodes before they fight again.

I recently had a Star Wars Gender Reveal Party for my soon-to-be-born daughter. I have over $2k Invested in the X-Wing Star Wars Miniatures game. I have read and own every current Star Wars Canon Novel and have watched every episode of the Star Wars: Clones wars and Star Wars: Rebels animated series'. I own over 500 PC Games on Steam in addition to owning a PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. I recently sold my Magic: The Gathering Collection and netted nearly $1000. I used to participate in Magic: The Gathering tournaments. I used to make YouTube videos of me playing Pokemon, among other games, of which I made collaboration videos with Streamers and YouTubers that now have hundreds of thousands of followers. I own every Pokemon Game, have a complete Pokedex, own a physical copy of every Pokemon Gym Badge and at one point played competitively. I once invested 2,000+ hours in a single character on a Text-Based Multi-Used Dungeon Game. I own every Fire Emblem and every Final Fantasy game. I have a Funimation Subscription. I only watch Subbed Animes. I can name over 50 different Korean Pop Music groups. I own almost every book penned by Stephen Hawking and Richard Dawkins. I played World of Warcraft for 12 Hours a day over the course of two straight years while unemployed. I earned the right to call myself the highest Damage per Second Paladin in the Wrath of the Lich King Expansion on the Kiljadeen Server. I was the Shadowmourne recipient for my Raid Guild. I was also a competitive Auctioneer. Across all 10 of my characters, I had every profession maximized and profited around 10K Gold a day. I had to maintain a "Bank" Character just to hold all of my other characters stuff. He had his own Guild as the only member just so I could have a personal Guild Bank. I played Dungeons and Dragons version 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0. I was a Member of Collectible Card Card in High School. I play the French Horn, Trumpet, and Baritone. I have at least a thousand dollars invested in Hearthstone, Pokemon Duel, and Mass Effect: Andromeda micro-transactions. I own Pokemon Plush Stuffed Animals and wear Pokemon apparel in Public. I have read and own all of the Dragonlance Novels.

Should I go on?

I read the bolded and was 100% ready to call BS. Then I read the rest.

I'll just leave this here for you: :first:

Last tim I weighed myself I was 397.5 lbs so Id say pretty big. 9/10 :cry:

How do you weigh yourself, feet on separate scales? Or one of those animal weighing slings? :dunno:

Should I go on?

There's more? Not necessary, I'm sure. Ho. Lee. Fock. You win. :first: :lol:

After reading through this thread, I can't be more than about a 4. Even though I am a self-taught pianist; artist, handyman, mechanic, architect, sales expert and businessman.

There's more?

After reading through this thread, I can't be more than about a 4. Even though I am a self-taught pianist; artist, handyman, mechanic, architect, sales expert and businessman.

Jesus, get a social life you focking loser

I understood 90% of what St Elistan was saying. Never big into anime or pokemon tho. La Blue Girl is the only anime I know. Or Star Blazers from mornings on wpgh out of pittsburgh when i was in school.

Ever play everquest? Omg nothing worse than wiping out in a raid and not getting to bed till 4 am.

I understood 90% of what St Elistan was saying. Never big into anime or pokemon tho. La Blue Girl is the only anime I know. Or Star Blazers from mornings on wpgh out of pittsburgh when i was in school.

Ever play everquest? Omg nothing worse than wiping out in a raid and not getting to bed till 4 am.

Oh there is much worse

Spawn camping for 10 hrs and someone else comes along and gets first tag

Are you autistic?

Serious question. Sorry if you are :(

Do you project your insecurities here every day you post? Serious question.

Oh there is much worse

Lol. I never had the patience for camping... except maybe the mino axe

Oh there is much worse

Time-Lost Proto Drake...

Speaking more on WoW - I know most here don't understand how amazing being part of a world first is - I was never part of one. That's so cool man. My first experience with raiding was with 40-Man Raids in Vanilla. We captured Server first on most of the bosses in Blackwing Lair, but another guild beat us to Nefarion. Ragnaros 40-Man was one hell of an experience the first time I tried it. I was a Resto-Shaman (AKA Mana Tide Totem Slave) back then.

There's more? Not necessary, I'm sure. Ho. Lee. Fock. You win. :first: :lol:

I would kill to learn Piano. I've never been coordinated enough for instruments that require two hands. :(

• Like 1

Time-Lost Proto Drake...

Speaking more on WoW - I know most here don't understand how amazing being part of a world first is - I was never part of one. That's so cool man. My first experience with raiding was with 40-Man Raids in Vanilla. We captured Server first on most of the bosses in Blackwing Lair, but another guild beat us to Nefarion. Ragnaros 40-Man was one hell of an experience the first time I tried it. I was a Resto-Shaman (AKA Mana Tide Totem Slave) back then.

I was on a low population server and I was part of the guild that opened the AQ gates. We did not do any server firsts, although our guild cleared most the raids except half the bosses in naxx and a few bosses in AQ 40.

They really made it easy mode after vanilla.

I would kill to learn Piano. I've never been coordinated enough for instruments that require two hands. :(

I started at 5. I just kept plunking until it started to make sense to me. To this day, I can't read sheet music fluidly - I have to kinda trudge through it until I hear what it sounds like - and then I can play it full speed.

Mostly, I compose and play by ear. The toughest thing I taught myself to play is the Maple Leaf Rag. That, and Linus and Lucy - the entire thing.

Time-Lost Proto Drake...

Ugh. I camped out for the proto drake for countless hours. Saw it once from afar, but someone else got there first.

I never liked raiding much. I liked the pvp stuff better. I remember the time we all tried to complet for the horde where you kill all the alliance leaders. We went to the storm wind throne room, and killed the king. But then all the alliance players got there and killed most of us.

Then they camped over our bodies so we couldnt get out. I eventually gave up and just went to bed.

I was on a low population server and I was part of the guild that opened the AQ gates. We did not do any server firsts, although our guild cleared most the raids except half the bosses in naxx and a few bosses in AQ 40.

They really made it easy mode after vanilla.

I only ever got to do up to AQ25 in Vanilla. Such a crazy game it was back then...lots of min/maxing. Guilds had to really get creative and actually make time to farm materials...and use good ole DKP.

You do just fine with your organ, though, right?