Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

How big of nerd do you consider yourself to be?

Nerdiness scale  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How big of nerd are you on a scale of 1-10

1 would be Tom Brady and 10 would be that couple that did their wedding vows in Klingon. It is the geek club so i removed 1-4.

I am probably a 9.

Brady doesn't jump to mind when I think of the prototypical non-nerd, but I see where you're going with it. Jim Brown is more of a 1. Brady is at least a 3.

I'm only a 3 because I visit this joint when I'm not busy picking bar fights with the Jim Browns and Otis Sistrunks of the world.

I guess an 8. I play video games, enjoy all genres of movies, read comic books online, frequent the internet and Reddit, am well versed in all common slang (99% of slang nowadays comes from nerd culture). I would say 9 and 10 are reserved for the ones who LARP and get really into stuff, are allergic to the sun and live in MMO worlds.

Ski bum you aren’t a 9. Aren’t you an oil worker or something who goes fishing, loves the outdoors and all that kind of stuff? That’s anti nerd. You are into some stuff I know but you barely push 6-7 at very most, sorry.

Brady is far nerdier than you're giving him credit.

Chuck Norris is the least nerdiest person I can think of.

Drobeski is the ultimate mans man and non nerd. He’s so manly he can barely turn on his computer since it’s so new fangled, let the dweebs handle that. ONLY eats red meat because other is sissy stuff. Hasn’t seen a movie in decades that didn’t star Clint or John Wayne since it’s all kids stuff. Plus he’s busy traveling the world when sultans request him to unclog their toilets cuz that’s what happens when you’re brilliant.

Runner up prob HT. Star Wars and superhero movies? Pfft, only kids are into that stuff, even though they make a billion each and majority of fans are well inot their 30s, but statistics are also for nerds so that’s invalid.

I voted a 7. NerdCenter (MicroCenter) is one of my favorite stores. Star Wars is one of my favorite movies. I played Magic in college and I liked it. I have an Information Systems degree and I love computers. I like going to our local Renaissance festival.

But i never liked comic books, i hate Japanese Anime, i hate computer programming, i like sports, i like women, i know how to swing a hammer, and i don't live in my parent's basement.

So that is why i chose 7. :dunno:

6-7 at most.

I am into horror movies, weird literature and obscure techno / indie rock. I also sort of like science fiction and play chess.

On the other hand Im physically fit, a sports die hard and I get laid. So not that nerdy.

6-7 at most.

I am into horror movies, weird literature and obscure techno / indie rock. I also sort of like science fiction and play chess.

On the other hand Im physically fit, a sports die hard and I get laid. So not that nerdy.

The lines are so blurred lately that most people are around there. Nerd culture appropriation has hit an all time high and especially compared to the late 90s. You are uncool now if you ARENT into some nerdy stuff! So essentially, the squares and uptight fuddy duddys are now the weirdos.

If basing on Star Wars/LOTR ,D&D etc. I'm a 1

If basing on FF I'm a 10

So I guess that'd be a 5. :dunno:

I'd venture to guess I'm one of the nerdiester here.

Thought I still am a sports nut and play sports as often as I can.,

I think sports it what brings us all here, so that really isn't any big deal

This girl I used to Pal around with who was really hot. She drove a Porsche, had a solid b + C - rocking. And killer legs.

Anywho, she mastered the Ewok language. Which I didn't know was an actual language that you could master and whatnot.

Oh, and back in the day? She also ranked fourth in the world in high school physics.

I guess an 8. I play video games, enjoy all genres of movies, read comic books online, frequent the internet and Reddit, am well versed in all common slang (99% of slang nowadays comes from nerd culture). I would say 9 and 10 are reserved for the ones who LARP and get really into stuff, are allergic to the sun and live in MMO worlds.

Ski bum you aren’t a 9. Aren’t you an oil worker or something who goes fishing, loves the outdoors and all that kind of stuff? That’s anti nerd. You are into some stuff I know but you barely push 6-7 at very most, sorry.

I said an 8, but I like to do redneck sh1t too.

I'd venture to guess I'm one of the nerdiester here.

Thought I still am a sports nut and play sports as often as I can.,

I think sports it what brings us all here, so that really isn't any big deal

Having never seen you DJ I can't comment except to say I've never considered that nor the love of music nerdy,but then again.....

I can't do video games, at least not one made after 1992, can't do graphic novels, cuz they're comic books.

And I'm sorry, Game of Thrones has more characters than a Chinese typewriter. Even though I'm not so desperate for boobies as to try to juggle that with midgets and dragons and whatnot.

And the Big Bang Theory is still as unfunny as all f***.

Between my OCD, total out of touch hip vibe, and the fact I think Neil deGrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku are rock stars - I'm at least an 8, prolly a 9.

Im an 8 at least but I dont speak Klingon. I love sci fi books movies and tv shows. Love science and video games.

On the manly side I like fishing, golfing..watching sports and bangin the wife.

On the gay side.. i like to cook

I keed i keed about the cooking

Having never seen you DJ I can't comment except to say I've never considered that nor the love of music nerdy,but then again.....

Was one of the 1st DJs I know of (in my area) to use a laptop to play music. Was nerdy enough to figure it out and now how to buy the right wire and hook it into the sound system and the right software to play it (winamp at the time)

I have incorporated karaoke into the gig, which I found the software and songs (100%) on torrents.

Speaking of which, the guy who writes The Walking Dead comic book created a new one for his young son that wasn't quite so scary. It's all about super dinosaurs or some s***. Just in case you're curious. He was on Seth Meyers last night and was actually pretty funny.

He's talking about what it'd be like if he did a storyline from the zombie's point of view. He looked at his watch and was like Oh God , time to go walking this direction now! God, the story is slower than The Walking Dead!

Gave myself a 6. I'm a bit of an enigma -- MIT engineer so I should be an 11, also I'm somewhere on both the ADD and OCD spectra, also I know the word "spectra," and I spend most of my days talking to customers about deep dark techie shiot which enables you all to play your video games and surf on your phones. Also also I spend a lot of free time solving puzzles (crosswords, kakuru, sudoku, etc.).

But... like MDC, I play sports, work out, haven't played video games in forever, get laid, and otherwise don't do nerd stuff. Other than FF I suppose.

Was one of the 1st DJs I know of (in my area) to use a laptop to play music. Was nerdy enough to figure it out and now how to buy the right wire and hook it into the sound system and the right software to play it (winamp at the time)

Are you the guy that learned how to mix in older songs from the eighties and nineties into newer songs? I think I saw you! You were great as Anna Kendrick!

I play video games, like Star Wars, have a degree in math, watch and play sports, army stuff, I'd say I'm a 5.

I gave myself a 7. I like Sci-Fi stuff, LOrd it the Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, etc.

I also read like a mofo. Most days, I'm rather read a book than go out drinking with friends.

The only reason I'm not higher than 7 is that I love sports, get laid very frequently, and love dark booze (Guinness for beer, Whiskey and Scotch for spirits).

Don't like tech, sci-fi, or fantasy, but hate parties, abstain from alcohol and play board games. Plus I do a lot of non-nerdy outdoor activities and have no trouble with women. 5 or 6.

Not a nerd at all. Dont play video games, hate comic books, wouldnt be caught dead LARPing or any of that sh1t, only fantasy movie/show I like is GoT and I dont like it as much now that its more fantasy...

Basically only thing that makes me nerdy at all is I like reading. But that ceases to be nerdy once youre like 25.

:dunno:

i think i am low on the nerd chart. like sports, booze, mostly social (though more introverted these days), i only play 1 video game (fifa), moderate computer knowledge (functional for work).

i do like chess and hang around low rent message boards

edit: played D&D as a kid, about 10 years ago i was in about 15 FF leagues (now at 3)

I've been in IT since 1997. I love Scifi/fantasy. Love dumb kung fu movies but wont watch if they're dubbed. I've owned every video game system that isn't a handheld since the atari 2700. I'm down to 5 FF leagues but at my highest was in 16. Played Ultima Online, Everquest, AND World of Warcraft. Made a living playing omaha for a year or so while I was in school. And still only put myself at a 7 on the scale.

If you'd have asked me 5 years ago, I'd have said a 9. But then I moved companies and am in charge of about 20 other IT folks. These guys out nerd me by at least a factor of 10. If I hear another D&D, Mechwarrior, Starwars Galaxy of Heroes, or League of Legends conversation I might snap. There's a whole level of ubernerd out there that I think most of us can't even fathom. It's absolutely amazing.

Edit: Oh man... I forgot LARPing until I read Worms post. There are mutliple guys here that belong to a "Medieval Combat Simulation League" (MCSL for short) where they go and fight each other with dull swords while wearing chainmail. One even said he could use his sword to kill a trained professional with a Glock if they started within 20 feet of each other. One of them was super excited because the head of his MCSL guild recently became King and now he's the Hand of the King. He was super proud that it only took him 3 years to go from squire to Hand of the King. Another has an old D&D book that he personally leatherbound and uses it as a prop for officiating nerd weddings that he also wears chainmail under a robe and a wig with long hair to his ass for. He brought in pictures to show people because he was super excited.

If you'd have asked me 5 years ago, I'd have said a 9. But then I moved companies and am in charge of about 20 other IT folks. These guys out nerd me by at least a factor of 10. If I hear another D&D, Mechwarrior, Starwars Galaxy of Heroes, or League of Legends conversation I might snap. There's a whole level of ubernerd out there that I think most of us can't even fathom. It's absolutely amazing.

Yea, I intentionally avoid board game stores for this reason. Hard to find non-dorky people who play though.

I've been in IT since 1997. I love Scifi/fantasy. Love dumb kung fu movies but wont watch if they're dubbed. I've owned every video game system that isn't a handheld since the atari 2700. I'm down to 5 FF leagues but at my highest was in 16. Played Ultima Online, Everquest, AND World of Warcraft. Made a living playing omaha for a year or so while I was in school. And still only put myself at a 7 on the scale.

Edit: Oh man... I forgot LARPing until I read Worms post. There are mutliple guys here that belong to a "Medieval Combat Simulation League" (MCSL for short) where they go and fight each other with dull swords while wearing chainmail. One even said he could use his sword to kill a trained professional with a Glock if they started within 20 feet of each other. One of them was super excited because the head of his MCSL guild recently became King and now he's the Hand of the King. He was super proud that it only took him 3 years to go from squire to Hand of the King. Another has an old D&D book that he personally leatherbound and uses it as a prop for officiating nerd weddings that he also wears chainmail under a robe and a wig with long hair to his ass for. He brought in pictures to show people because he was super excited.

A few points lowers than I thought after reading this...

Holy fock.

chuck norris took karate lessons

nerd level 11

i think i am low on the nerd chart. like sports, booze, mostly social (though more introverted these days), i only play 1 video game (fifa), moderate computer knowledge (functional for work).

i do like chess and hang around low rent message boards

edit: played D&D as a kid, about 10 years ago i was in about 15 FF leagues (now at 3)

This sum up my nerd factor. And I like the new Star Trek movies.

I do like Star Wars but that doesnt make you a nerd, especially these days. Very mainstream.

Star Trek is a touch closer to nerd territory, but really only if you like the older movies (I do).

7 cause I love DND style MMO's and video games

but I can't be a complete nerd, havent watched a single Star Trek thing ever, and only watched about half of the very first Star Wars and was bored

me and my friends describe ourselves as Hybrid geek/jocks. We watch nothing but sports, and can still ball on occasion, but love the games too

my nerdyness though helped me acquire the name Professor Stats in fantasy football, I am that DVOA studying weirdo

Never played Dungeons and Unicorns or League of Losers type games.

I have played video games in my life but I never owned a system. I tried COD on

my pc but got bored with it. I don't play video games now but my sons are into them.

Saw the 1st 2 Star Wars movie whenbit first came and lost interest after that. I saw the 2nd on cable years later and the remake with the kids last year. I have always hated Star Trek

Can't stand Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, Harry Potter or Game or Thrones Tried them all but couldn't stick with it. Only the first Harry Potter book was mildly entertaining.

Never collected anything except beer cans and a few football and baseball cards when I was a kid

I do like to play card games (mostly the gambling kind).

I wear reading glasses.

I guess I'm more gay than nerdy.

Never played Dungeons and Unicorns or League of Losers type games.

I have played video games in my life but I never owned a system. I tried COD on

my pc but got bored with it. I don't play video games now but my sons are into them.

Saw the 1st 2 Star Wars movie whenbit first came and lost interest after that. I saw the 2nd on cable years later and the remake with the kids last year. I have always hated Star Trek

Can't stand Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, Harry Potter or Game or Thrones Tried them all but couldn't stick with it. Only the first Harry Potter book was mildly entertaining.

Never collected anything except beer cans and a few football and baseball cards when I was a kid

I do like to play card games (mostly the gambling kind).

I wear reading glasses.

I guess I'm more gay than nerdy.

This guy stuffs nerds in lockers :bandana:

• Like 1

Probably a 4-5? Like sci-fi, but only read occasionally. Topped out at 6 ff leagues, but have not played for around 5 years, still fish and hunt when I can, have 2 large gardens, spend as much time in the summer as I can in my RV. Been married for 27 years but we don't f as often as we use to. Guess I got sick of chasing it. Worked in IT my whole career, but got out of technical side around 10 years ago. Way too laid back to get too into nerd stuff anymore. Star Wars bores me, Star Trek even more. Do like GOT, books more so than the hbo version. Used to post here and other places quite often, but now most of it bores me. Especially tools like Mensa. Find a different hobby dude.

Probably a 4-5? Like sci-fi, but only read occasionally. Topped out at 6 ff leagues, but have not played for around 5 years, still fish and hunt when I can, have 2 large gardens, spend as much time in the summer as I can in my RV. Been married for 27 years but we don't f as often as we use to. Guess I got sick of chasing it. Worked in IT my whole career, but got out of technical side around 10 years ago. Way too laid back to get too into nerd stuff anymore. Star Wars bores me, Star Trek even more. Do like GOT, books more so than the hbo version. Used to post here and other places quite often, but now most of it bores me. Especially tools like Mensa. Find a different hobby dude.

Long time, hope all is well. :cheers:

I'm gonna say 7. I play games, watch sci-fi movies, and have watched animes. But I have never watched the Star Trek tv show. I am watching Orville so I guess that's similar. But overall I'm a mixture of everything. Hipster, jock, nerd, etc. It's what makes me able to make friends with everyone