Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Breaking News. Josh McDaniels withdraws as Colts HC

I would imagine that they will be parting ways. The Indy GM has the same agent. Either Josh fires him for going public with the advice he gave or the agent fires Josh for ruining his hireability with the other 31 teams. :lol:

Yep. He should hope his deal with the Pats sets him up for life, cuz nobody else is going to give this guy another shot at a HC gig.

Yep. He should hope his deal with the Pats sets him up for life, cuz nobody else is going to give this guy another shot at a HC gig.

Well, no one with half a brain would hire him, but we are talking about NFL owners. Maybe the Browns or the Jets might. :dunno:

Also, who is going to hire that agent? He was supposedly brokering the deal as he was representing the GM and the coach. Talk about someone who can't deliver. :lol:

• Like 1

I just think that after the debacle in Denver people said 'no way McDaniels could screw up worse than that' and McDaniels replied "Challenge accepted".

Lol

meh... lots of drama queens in this thread.

BB was hired TWICE as HC of the NY Jets and still has never coached one game for them.... "I Resign as the HC of the NYJ" was the most bizarre, career killing moment in sports history... now BB is the greatest coach that ever lived.

Irsay is a drug addict.

Luck maybe can't play now.

This whole thing is a mess from the get-go.

"Never get a job again"? If IND is a disaster for McDaniels, he'll never get a job again anyway. At least staying with Kraft gives him reliable ownership... something you knuckleheads easily over look but it's probably the MOST important part of the equation.

Some Pats fans in the thread defending someone showing no class just because he's a Patriot. If this was a Steelers or Ravens or Jets coach, I'm guessing they'd be singing a different tune.

Some Pats fans in the thread defending someone showing no class just because he's a Patriot. If this was a Steelers or Ravens or Jets coach, I'm guessing they'd be singing a different tune.

:thumbsup:

Laughable. It's ok to call a piece of sh!t a piece of sh!t.. BB will never find out, you are safe fellas.

Laughable. It's ok to call a piece of sh!t a piece of sh!t.. BB will never find out, you are safe fellas.

It's funny that people like Patsfat, that proudly own season tix, are happy as pie that BB constantly spits in the fans faces and tells us nothing. It's unacceptable.

I guess it's like the wife that stays with the abusive rich guy. As long as he keeps buying you stuff, you'll be okay with the abuse

:lol:

still crying over everything Patriots

Not sure why staying with NE is some automatic great thing. Brady will be gone soon....Or worse yet, try to hang on longer than he should. Why would Josh want that crap around his neck?

He will still have the spy satellite.

It's funny that people like Patsfat, that proudly own season tix, are happy as pie that BB constantly spits in the fans faces and tells us nothing. It's unacceptable.

I guess it's like the wife that stays with the abusive rich guy. As long as he keeps buying you stuff, you'll be okay with the abuse

I don't need him to tell me anything. You live on things that sports radio feeds you. I can watch the game and that is just fine with me. All of this other stuff is just drama that girls like you enjoy.

Theres a Boston Globe hot take if I ever heard one :rolleyes:

I don't need him to tell me anything. You live on things that sports radio feeds you. I can watch the game and that is just fine with me. All of this other stuff is just drama that girls like you enjoy.

That's why you're here defending him :doh:

it's drama for all of them... sports radio is un-listenable yet somehow the ratings are great... stupid people everywhere.

The "drama" of Malcom Butler

The "drama" of Josh McDaniels.

everyone clicking and tuning in... pretending they know and can pass judgement... you're not football fans, you're General Hospital fans.

It's only because it's Pats related that anyone is pretending to give a fock.

the Eagles won the SuperBowl and the entire NFL still revolves around the New England Patriots.

it's drama for all of them... sports radio is un-listenable yet somehow the ratings are great... stupid people everywhere.

The "drama" of Malcom Butler

The "drama" of Josh McDaniels.

everyone clicking and tuning in... pretending they know and can pass judgement... you're not football fans, you're General Hospital fans.

I also think that Edjr just lumps everyone together and doesn't know what he is talking about half the time. For this particular issue, he seems to think that I am defending someone. I just don't know who that is - McDaniels? Belichick? Kraft?

Wait... You don't think it's a big deal that a coach took a job and then turned it down the night before he was supposed to start work?

Wait... You don't think it's a big deal that a coach took a job and then turned it down the night before he was supposed to start work?

Without informing his assistants.

I dont agree with what mcdaniels did but Kraft and belichick were smart to make a big push to keep him. The offense will stay the same and it allows belichick to spend more time mentoring a defensive coordinator if they go their preferred route and hire within their organization. Maybe his son has a shot at moving up into the dc position.

I dont agree with what mcdaniels did but Kraft and belichick were smart to make a big push to keep him. The offense will stay the same and it allows belichick to spend more time mentoring a defensive coordinator if they go their preferred route and hire within their organization. Maybe his son has a shot at moving up into the dc position.

I agree. Good move by Pats.

Flores will be DC. No way Steve Belichick becomes DC anytime soon. He might be over his head now as safeties coach. :dunno:

I dont like what mcdaniel did but its just because hes a Patriot that its such a big deal in the first place. Parcels did the same thing to Tampa bay. Does anybody remember that? I dont and I was in my late 20s and an avid football fan when it happened.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-12-30/sports/1991364046_1_bill-parcells-culverhouse-tampa-bay

I dont like what mcdaniel did but its just because hes a Patriot that its such a big deal in the first place. Parcels did the same thing to Tampa bay. Does anybody remember that? I dont and I was in my late 20s and an avid football fan when it happened.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-12-30/sports/1991364046_1_bill-parcells-culverhouse-tampa-bay

Dave McGinness did it to the Bears in '99. I don't think that it is necessarily a Patriots thing, but it is the OC for the SB loser after it had been talked about for weeks. It is definitely a big deal.

McDaniels will have to live with the fallout from his choice.

Flores will be DC. No way Steve Belichick becomes DC anytime soon. He might be over his head now as safeties coach. :dunno:

I would say Flores is the front runner but Belichick is very unpredictable. I would not be surprised if he there was no defensive coordinator next year but he slowly brings someone like Flores along before eventually naming him as official dc.

He clearly could have handled it better, but a lot of the side taking and recriminations are because it's a Patriots guy. If it were pretty much any other coordinator and the HC and owner of the successful organization with which he had a long-term relationship came to him and persuaded him to stay at the 11th hour I think the general reaction would be "Yeah, I can see that." :dunno:

I would say Flores is the front runner but Belichick is very unpredictable. I would not be surprised if he there was no defensive coordinator next year but he slowly brings someone like Flores along before eventually naming him as official dc.

Flores is pretty well regarded around there. I would be shocked if he is not elevated. The only other possibility was Schiano coming in, but he is staying at Ohio State.

He clearly could have handled it better, but a lot of the side taking and recriminations are because it's a Patriots guy. If it were pretty much any other coordinator and the HC and owner of the successful organization with which he had a long-term relationship came to him and persuaded him to stay at the 11th hour I think the general reaction would be "Yeah, I can see that." :dunno:

I'm sure I probably look at this a little more critically than others but it's because McDaniels was the worst Broncos coach of my lifetime and set the team waaaaay back during his time here. Not because of the team involved.

If the Parcells incident had happened today with all the instant access we have now it would have been a much bigger story. If we were all members of a lightly trafficked message board back then I'm sure we would have seen a ton of people up in arms over it. I 100% believe that some of the folks here defending him would be ready to crucify him if the teams were reversed.

id trip him

I'm sure I probably look at this a little more critically than others but it's because McDaniels was the worst Broncos coach of my lifetime and set the team waaaaay back during his time here. Not because of the team involved.

If the Parcells incident had happened today with all the instant access we have now it would have been a much bigger story. If we were all members of a lightly trafficked message board back then I'm sure we would have seen a ton of people up in arms over it. I 100% believe that some of the folks here defending him would be ready to crucify him if the teams were reversed.

I can see where a Broncos fan has a pretty dim view of McDaniels and the whole thing though, so I'll spot you that point.

You guys are idiots. If you worked for the best company in the world, in of the best cities in the world, you wouldn't leave for schittier everything if your company last minute offered you the deal of a lifetime. Stop with the phony belly aching for christs sake.

Boston is a town. As someone once said, it's a college town with a pier. Lol

I wouldnt think anything of it if McD backed out. He had no written agreement and this sort of thing happens all the time. Whats sh1tty is recruiting other coaches to his staff. Now theyve left jobs and are under contract with the Colts, except they will get canned once Indy hires their next coach. Reports say McD didnt even call these guys himself.

B1tch move.

Dave McGinness did it to the Bears in '99. I don't think that it is necessarily a Patriots thing, but it is the OC for the SB loser after it had been talked about for weeks. It is definitely a big deal.

McDaniels will have to live with the fallout from his choice.

McGinness was a different story. I was in Chicago at that time and it was a Bears front office fock up. They prematurely called a press conference and McGinnis was furious. No one blamed McGinnis, the press was all over the bumbling Bears front office.

B1tch move by the Pats. If that was their plan and everyone "knew" he was going to Colts why wait until he is announced as HC before you offer him a better deal??

Why ? To screw the Colts. B1tch move by a no class no history organization-

Patriot fans will defend anything that low class, zero integrity outfit does.

meh... lots of drama queens in this thread.

BB was hired TWICE as HC of the NY Jets and still has never coached one game for them.... "I Resign as the HC of the NYJ" was the most bizarre, career killing moment in sports history... now BB is the greatest coach that ever lived.

Irsay is a drug addict.

Luck maybe can't play now.

This whole thing is a mess from the get-go.

"Never get a job again"? If IND is a disaster for McDaniels, he'll never get a job again anyway. At least staying with Kraft gives him reliable ownership... something you knuckleheads easily over look but it's probably the MOST important part of the equation.

1. Didnt say never get a job. I said never a HC job.

2. Did B.B. recruit his assistants all the way to sign contracts with the Jets, then back out? I dont know the answer to this. Do you recall?

3. Lets revisit this if and when the time comes again for McDaniels.