Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Breaking News. Josh McDaniels withdraws as Colts HC

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.milehighreport.com/platform/amp/2016/1/20/10793696/josh-mcdaniels-head-coach-patriots-broncos#ampshare=https://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1/20/10793696/josh-mcdaniels-head-coach-patriots-broncos

Hopefully, everybody in Indiana reads the attached article. It's a summary of just how bad McDaniels was in Denver. Honestly it's painful to read. And I had forgotten that it was quite that bad. Highlights include among other things, firing the entire offense of Staff making his little brother the quarterbacks coach and then going through a slew of quarterbacks. Cutler for Orton Orton for Brady Quinn and then Tim Tebow. And all of that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Oh, and no matter how you feel about Cutler, most people in Denver had a pretty good indication what kind of a sleazebag this guy was when McDaniels told Cutler that he was there guy while at the same time trying to trade for Matt Cassel. A trade that he ended up ###### up. And then, McDaniels tried to lie and say that no no no it was the Patriots they contacted us! That's when everybody knew he was an inveterate liar.

He is the lowest type of human being. And I hope Boston enjoys the hell out of him.

Christ, I didn't know he was that bad. There's always the chance he's been humbled and has learned from his mistakes but...it doesn't look like that's the case with the Colts ordeal.

According to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Josh McDaniels' assistants, including DC Matt Eberflus, signed contracts with the Colts and are expected to remain with Indianapolis.

Talk about awkward. So, basically what's happening here, is McDaniels recruited these coaches to Indianapolis to be a part of his Colts staff, and then McDaniels backed out of the job, leaving Eberflus and others in limbo. According to Garafolo, Eberflus and others have already been in the building in Indy, breaking down film and whatever else, while they waited for McDaniels to officially be introduced. Now, the new Colts coach will be stuck with assistants he didn't hire. This whole situation is a complete mess with no real end game in sight.

Good indication of how he will treat his staff in the future.

What a d!ck

McDaniels was told by the Colts that Luck would be healthy and ready to go next season... just hours after McDaniels accepted the HC the job a report is published stating that Luck may have to have another surgery and could miss all of next year.

shady Colts...

McDaniels was told by the Colts that Luck would be healthy and ready to go next season... just hours after McDaniels accepted the HC the job a report is published stating that Luck may have to have another surgery and could miss all of next year.

I don't know if it is shady, but the Colts job is not nearly as enticing without Luck.

I still don't know how you announce a signing without an actual signed contract. What if there was language in the contract about guaranteed money that he did not agree with or some other clause that he did not want? You don't announce it until you have the ink on paper.

shady Colts...

Well that's just bad Luck.

I don't know if it is shady, but the Colts job is not nearly as enticing without Luck.

I still don't know how you announce a signing without an actual signed contract. What if there was language in the contract about guaranteed money that he did not agree with or some other clause that he did not want? You don't announce it until you have the ink on paper.

Brissett could be the real deal. Certainly wouldn't stop anyone from taking the job. As an outsider, it seems pretty clear that McDaniels stayed because of his future with the Pats. Why would he stay otherwise?

This guy got caught filming another teams walk through? Patriots are dirty scum. It's going to be great when all the dirt comes out in a few years. And it will. The NFL is going to have a big problem then. Goodell getting extensions makes sense when you think about it. He knows so much, and he's the one that destroyed the spygate tapes. Why would he do that? Probably because there was more there. Lots more.

Brissett could be the real deal. Certainly wouldn't stop anyone from taking the job. As an outsider, it seems pretty clear that McDaniels stayed because of his future with the Pats. Why would he stay otherwise?

My guess is that Kraft sweetened the pot once Josh had any apprehension

I like the kid, but no.

In short, I don't believe Luck had any bearing on McDaniels change of heart.

I believe it did. All of the talk when he was interviewing is that he wanted to go to a team that had a good QB situation. That was what drew him to the Colts.

Brissett is not a franchise QB. Serviceable backup, but not a #1.

Not sure why staying with NE is some automatic great thing. Brady will be gone soon....Or worse yet, try to hang on longer than he should. Why would Josh want that crap around his neck?

Good indication of how he will treat his staff in the future.

What a d!ck

Yeah...that will be funny in his future when possibke assistants tell him to fock off .

Wait, I thought digby said mcdaniels was retiring?

Wait, I thought digby said mcdaniels was retiring?

He read it on the dailysnark so it must be true.

I just think that after the debacle in Denver people said 'no way McDaniels could screw up worse than that' and McDaniels replied "Challenge accepted".

I just think that after the debacle in Denver people said 'no way McDaniels could screw up worse than that' and McDaniels replied "Challenge accepted".

It's like me with women,

Once I finally get in, I can't wait to get the fock out

According to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Josh McDaniels' assistants, including DC Matt Eberflus, signed contracts with the Colts and are expected to remain with Indianapolis.

Talk about awkward. So, basically what's happening here, is McDaniels recruited these coaches to Indianapolis to be a part of his Colts staff, and then McDaniels backed out of the job, leaving Eberflus and others in limbo. According to Garafolo, Eberflus and others have already been in the building in Indy, breaking down film and whatever else, while they waited for McDaniels to officially be introduced. Now, the new Colts coach will be stuck with assistants he didn't hire. This whole situation is a complete mess with no real end game in sight.

If true - total focking chicken shiit, weasel move. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

Don't talk about my OC that way :mad:

True but there is no way the Colts next coach just accepts McDaniels assistants. Theyll all be dismissed too. Hopefully Indy keeps them on until the day before opening kickoff.

"Hold my beer."

Patriots should be docked a 1st and fined $10,000,000. for this move. :bandana:

Patriots should be docked a 1st and fined $10,000,000. for this move. :bandana:

2nd time offenders.

their entire draft and 1 beelyin dollars

I believe it did. All of the talk when he was interviewing is that he wanted to go to a team that had a good QB situation. That was what drew him to the Colts.

Brissett is not a franchise QB. Serviceable backup, but not a #1.

He is burning a bridge that may affect any future job (outside of NE). Seems clear to me that he is the HC in waiting.

Granted, I may be slightly biased but this guy is a genuine turd.

True but there is no way the Colts next coach just accepts McDaniels assistants. Theyll all be dismissed too. Hopefully Indy keeps them on until the day before opening kickoff.

Agreed - which makes it more of a diick move.

He is burning a bridge that may affect any future job (outside of NE). Seems clear to me that he is the HC in waiting.

Yeah, after the Denver debacle and now this, he's probably all-in with the Pats now. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Is it possible that McDummy is just afraid to take the HC position because he failed so miserably the first time? I mean, if he has another showing like he did in Denver does he go down as the worst coach in the history of the game? That would be hard for a guy to take considering how much time he's had to learn from the GOAT coach.

Is he worried about all the messicans team owners driving drunk high up there?

:dunno:

Not sure why staying with NE is some automatic great thing. Brady will be gone soon....Or worse yet, try to hang on longer than he should. Why would Josh want that crap around his neck?

Agreed. Following BB as HC and rebuilding without Brady seems like a no win situation.

Did his agent just dump him?

I would imagine that they will be parting ways. The Indy GM has the same agent. Either Josh fires him for going public with the advice he gave or the agent fires Josh for ruining his hireability with the other 31 teams. :lol: