Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Florida Shooting

Majority yes.. basicly all no

Okay great we can agree Mobb was wrong.

Now that we got that out of the way. Since we are talking about school shootings why don't we look at the whole world. Do you still believe school shootings are done by a majority of white people?

And that my friends is the attitude that will keep these happening for the foreseeable future

Not really. He is right, the numbers mobb quoted are disingenuous.

1 shooting at a school is too many.. nobody needs to fabricate statistics

And that my friends is why we can't have an intelligent discussion to help reduce these killings. :(

No do not believe a majority of white people commit school shootings lol

Do you still believe school shootings are done by a majority of white people?

Not really. He is right, the numbers mobb quoted are disingenuous.

And that my friends is why we can't have an intelligent discussion to help reduce these killings. :(

Because people are too busy poking holes in statistics ?

People are busy laying out facts for the uneducated. Reading this thread it's clear many of the people calling for MORE gun control don't realize pretty much every control they want is already put in place. People in this thread don't even know WHO is committing these atrocities. Further more people in thread can't tell the difference between an adult committing suicide and children dying there by lying to try and prove a point.

• Like 1

The problem is that these people are wanting to be famous and this is one of the easier ways to do it... You take anger issues and here it is...

The problem is that these people are wanting to be famous and this is one of the easier ways to do it... You take anger issues and here it is...

I can agree with that. I would love it if the media didn't name the person.

Why was a law that added people collecting social security for mental illness and deemed not fit to handle their own finances to the national registry repealed?

Why was a law that added people collecting social security for mental illness and deemed not fit to handle their own finances to the national registry repealed?

Based on history, if we just banned registered Democrats and Muslims from owning guns then these mass shootings would end overnight.

Based on history, if we just banned registered Democrats and Muslims from owning guns then these mass shootings would end overnight.

So the Florida shooter was wearing a make America great again hat as a novelty right

Go away troll

1 shooting at a school is too many.. nobody needs to fabricate statistics

On the heels of showing how the "18" shootings was crap, this post is trolling. Sorry. :dunno:

Have pressure cooker bombs caused a disproportionate number of mass bombing deaths? Or is it Professor Plum with the pipe?

Pretty sure most bombs are illegal, or at least not readily available.

Yes I think a loser adult killing himself in a school parking lot not even close to 18 children dying. And using suicide to make a problem seem worse is disingenuous. Talk about it truthfully.

Sorry, not sorry. Try not lying and people will take your argument more seriously.

Lying is the number one tool of the far left and it is very effective because Americans are not very smart.

A tweet by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) including the claim had been liked more than 45,000 times by Thursday evening, and one from political analyst Jeff Greenfield had cracked 126,000. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio tweeted it, too, as did performers Cher and Alexander William and actors Misha Collins and Albert Brooks. News organizations including MSNBC, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, Time, MSN, the BBC, the New York Daily News and HuffPost also used the number in their coverage. By Wednesday night, the top suggested search after typing 18 into Google was 18 school shootings in 2018.

Lying is the number one tool of the far left and it is very effective because Americans are not very smart.

Are you American?

Are we still having this discussion?

Sigh............

I didnt realize that I needed to be a ballistics expert in order to have the opinion that the types of high capacity / rapid fire weapons used in these shootings probably should not be widely available.

Typical libtard

Guys we need sensible gun control

National firearms act

Federal firearm act

Gun control act

AT&F created

Law enforcement act

Crime control act

Brady bill

Violent crime control act

Obama act

Yeah no slippery slope there. There is no more room to debate we will not allow liberals to keep moving the goal post towards the repeal of the 2A. Period.

Remind me how many guns have been confiscated from law abiding citizens due to those laws? And what consequence have those laws had on private gun ownership? There’s a looong way on the slope before anyone attacks the second amendment.

That is your goal liar. We already have gun control. Above and beyond what is needed. The only place to go from here is to disarm and repeal the 2A.

Bad people do bad things. That will never change. Disarming good people is not the solution.

Why are there so many more “bad people” in the US than the rest of the developed world?

What kind of mental meds was this kid prescribed if any. Are they the same as past mental case shooters?

Did doctors treat his mental condition ? If so who are they ?

Pill pushing doctors could be playing a big part in all of this.

Pills don’t commit murder, people do. And it’s interesting you’re willing to look for commonalites amongst mass shooters, except for the weapons they use. Wonder why?

Pills dont commit murder, people do. And its interesting youre willing to look for commonalites amongst mass shooters, except for the weapons they use. Wonder why?

I'd say it all plays a role. And I think psych meds play a bigger role than is spoken about. It's all guns, which is part of it of course, but it seems it's the only aspect the left wants to discuss.

Why are there so many more bad people in the US than the rest of the developed world?

Lol you serious Clark? Mass murders happen all over the developed and under developed world.

I can tell you the majority of murders here in the us is done by a segment of our society that makes up 3-6 percent of our population.

So no I reject you claim that we have more bad people here.

Pills dont commit murder, people do. And its interesting youre willing to look for commonalites amongst mass shooters, except for the weapons they use. Wonder why?

When a drunk driver kills someone with their car would it make sense to look at the commonalities in the vehicles they drive?

No you wouldn't because that would be stupid.

A murderer weapon of choice has nothing to do with WHY they did it.

Nobody gives a fock what criminals care and don't care about. The question is how do we make it more difficult for them to do what they want to do and one obvious approach is to restrict the availability of the tools they use. Is that an easy, or total solution? No, probably not. But some of us want to see the problem worked, not just throw our hands up and say there's nothing the greatest country in the history of the world can do to keep deranged people from easily getting their hands on military-grade weapons and killing innocents by the dozens. I guess we're just better Americans than you. :dunno:

This guy gets it.

When a drunk driver kills someone with their car would it make sense to look at the commonalities in the vehicles they drive?

It isn’t just the WHY; the HOW is relevant when the weapon kills people (plural) far more efficiently than alternatives.

The issue is the left doesnt know enough about guns to have a discussion, the right is too hell bent on keeping theirs to have a discussion. I do think that something needs to happen, but until both sides educate themselves and actually have a discussion, we have what we have.

What education do liberals need? Does it really matter what AR stands for?

It isn’t just the WHY; the HOW is relevant when the weapon kills people (plural) far more efficiently than alternatives.

A truck killed 86 people and injured 400+ in France. Seems pretty effective to me.

And it is just the WHY. The how is means nothing when there are so many other ways to commit mass murder.

This is such red herring bullsh!t.

WHY a psycho goes on a killing spree is a lot less relevant when hes forced to use a knife or a car because he cant get his hands on an optical scope riffle capable of raining dozens of rounds a minute into a crowd of people from hundreds of yards away.

Yeah. There are psychos all around the world. People murder for a variety of reasons, all around the world.

But American killers have a better body count. Why? BECAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER TOOLS.

What education do liberals need? Does it really matter what AR stands for?

Yes understanding what a word or acronym means is very important. Especially when talking about taking someones rights away.

But you're just trolling here and badly I might add, so I'm done with you.

Okay you're just trolling here so I'm done with you.

A truck killed 86 people and injured 400+ in France. Seems pretty effective to me.

And it is just the WHY. The how is means nothing when there are so many other ways to commit mass murder.

Bullsh!t. Utter horsesh!t.

The only way to support that conclusion is to posit the premise that Americans are simply more homicidal than the rest of the world.

Look at the body counts. Tools matter.

Sure. If there were no guns, there would still be occasional atrocities. A truck ramming here. A knifing spree there.

But far fewer. Because doing it that way is harder. The statistics of the entire world show that plainly to be the case. Pretty much everywhere, more guns = more death.

This is such red herring bullsh!t.

WHY a psycho goes on a killing spree is a lot less relevant when hes forced to use a knife or a car because he cant get his hands on an optical scope riffle capable of raining dozens of rounds a minute into a crowd of people from hundreds of yards away.

Yeah. There are psychos all around the world. People murder for a variety of reasons, all around the world.

But American killers have a better body count. Why? BECAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER TOOLS.

No, no they don't. I've already listed a few examples.

I was reading this article and noticed some very common reasoning from this thread in here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/world/americas/mass-shootings-us-international.html

Ive posted stats like those before, but gun proponents point to outliers like Switzerland (whose regulation of gun ownership is nothing like the US) to suggest the availability/sheer numbers of firearms aren’t a part of the problem. It’s beyond absurd.

Bullsh!t. Utter horsesh!t.

The only way to support that conclusion is to posit the premise that Americans are simply more homicidal than the rest of the world.

Look at the body counts. Tools matter.

Sure. If there were no guns, there would still be occasional atrocities. A truck ramming here. A knifing spree there.

But far fewer. Because doing it that way is harder. The statistics of the entire world show that plainly to be the case. Pretty much everywhere, more guns = more death.

Tools matter huh?

86 people dead and 400+ injured. from a truck.

What'cha got?

Ive posted stats like those before, but gun proponents point to outliers like Switzerland (whose regulation of gun ownership is nothing like the US) to suggest the availability/sheer numbers of firearms arent a part of the problem. Its beyond absurd.

Red hearing. The Swiss dont have bullets. Those are kept at an armory.

I still don't see the point about this whole FBI thing.

Under the current system nothing he did would have stopped him from being able to purchase guns. The police listed his home 35 times. Ok he still could passed a background check.

Isn't this whole thing proving the system is messed up and needs to be changed?

Yep. And I still haven’t seen a timeline when the weapon was purchased relative to his threats/social media posts/police visits.