Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Florida Shooting

FBI coming clean on dropping the ball. Hopefully it's a transparency trend that will continue.

yes a good to see first, it's what happens when the agency isn't politicized

It I done feel this way, but ban all guns, set up rental stations with a 1 month background check for hunting, allow ranges and such to rent guns to use on property. Re-write the constitution, and make it a lifetime sentence for possession of firearm after Jan 1st 2019

Look at other civilized countries with drastically lower gun crime and copy their laws. Now granted, because we have the most black people, we will always have the most gun crime overall, that is simple fact, don’t shoot the messenger. But it would cut down a lot maybe.

###### It I done feel this way, but ban all guns, set up rental stations with a 1 month background check for hunting, allow ranges and such to rent guns to use on property. Re-write the constitution, and make it a lifetime sentence for possession of firearm after Jan 1st 2019

Redbox for weapons.

Look at other civilized countries with drastically lower gun crime and copy their laws. Now granted, because we have the most black people, we will always have the most gun crime overall, that is simple fact, don’t shoot the messenger. But it would cut down a lot maybe.

we have the most integrated country in the world, and its not even close

Now dumbfocks are posting fake threats on social media about planning a shooting and are getting arrested. Watch for further incidents where people hack others and post similar threats to get them in trouble as a prank. Could be the start of something big with this latest mess.

Now dumbfocks are posting fake threats on social media about planning a shooting and are getting arrested. Watch for further incidents where people hack others and post similar threats to get them in trouble as a prank. Could be the start of something big with this latest mess.

Kid at my sons middle school was questioned and removed from school today for posting something to another student along the lines of dont go to school on ...Im going to shoot up the school. Girl screenshotted it and showed it to admin.

Kid at my sons middle school was questioned and removed from school today for posting something to another student along the lines of dont go to school on ...Im going to shoot up the school. Girl screenshotted it and showed it to admin.

Good job out of that kid. My daughter is only in pre-k but I'm not letting the news on in the house. I don't need her scared to go to school. Sad but true.

Oh brother. Now we will get the “school shooting challenge” tasking a kid to make a threat.

Oh brother. Now we will get the school shooting challenge tasking a kid to make a threat.

Read about several situations like this going around here too in the state.

Some are Idiots thinking its cool or funny...story me may be serious. But then all takes resources to properly investigate.

Glad this kid was dumb enough to text it or how ever he sent it. Great job by the girl capturing the screen shot.

If they did that he would have just killed 17 people with a knife amirite?

The Bath School disaster, sometimes known as the Bath School massacre, was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, which killed 38 elementary schoolchildren and six adults and injured at least 58 other people.[Note 1] Kehoe killed his wife and firebombed his farm, then detonated an explosion in the Bath Consolidated School before committing suicide by detonating a final device in his truck.

Such a dumb, played out argument :thumbsdown:

Wouldn't suprise me a bit, unfortunately :(

The Bath School disaster, sometimes known as the Bath School massacre, was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, which killed 38 elementary schoolchildren and six adults and injured at least 58 other people.[Note 1] Kehoe killed his wife and firebombed his farm, then detonated an explosion in the Bath Consolidated School before committing suicide by detonating a final device in his truck.

Link to me saying no one ever committed a mass murder without a gun??? :o

Link to me saying no one ever committed a mass murder without a gun??? :o

Not what I was getting at. :cheers:

To your second point remove that from the equation and we move to #3 on the least amount of gun deaths per capita.

But because we can't have an honest discussion about race we will never have one about guns.

To your second point remove that from the equation and we move to #3 on the least amount of gun deaths per capita.

But because we can't have an honest discussion about race we will never have one about guns.

While absolutely true, there are tons of socio-economic factors that cant be ignored. We also need to have an honest discussion about protecting kids st school, and these school shooters are basically all white. Even as a gun owner and advocate for our rights, it would be irresponsible to completely disregard something that is uniquely American (mass school shootings). I dont know what the answer is, and definitely dont think armed guards at school are it, but as a father Im open to any discussion that will help prevent my daughter being another casualty. Like most things, I believe the solution is somewhere in the middle, and lawmakers on both sides need to have that discussion.

• Like 1

While absolutely true, there are tons of socio-economic factors that cant be ignored. We also need to have an honest discussion about protecting kids st school, and these school shooters are basically all white. Even as a gun owner and advocate for our rights, it would be irresponsible to completely disregard something that is uniquely American (mass school shootings). I dont know what the answer is, and definitely dont think armed guards at school are it, but as a father Im open to any discussion that will help prevent my daughter being another casualty. Like most things, I believe the solution is somewhere in the middle, and lawmakers on both sides need to have that discussion.

CAN SIZE? :mad:

Also, good post. :thumbsup:

No they are not. The belief that school shooters are "basically all white" is not even close to being true. Here's a list of non-white school shooters from the last 20ish years.

Gang Lu
Seung Hui Cho
Wayne Lo
Phu Cuong Ta
Kimveer Gill
Jiverly Wong
Biswanath Halder
Seung Hui Cho
Jiverly Wong
One Goh
Alvaro Castillo
Jason Hoffman
Robert Flores
Tyrone Mitchell
Peter Odighizuwa
Latina Williams
Jeffrey Weise
Seth Trickey
Evan Ramsey

No they are not. The belief that school shooters are "basically all white" is not even close to being true. Here's a list of non-white school shooters from the last 20ish years.

Gang Lu

Seung Hui Cho

Wayne Lo

Phu Cuong Ta

Kimveer Gill

Jiverly Wong

Biswanath Halder

Seung Hui Cho

Jiverly Wong

One Goh

Alvaro Castillo

Jason Hoffman

Robert Flores

Tyrone Mitchell

Peter Odighizuwa

Latina Williams

Jeffrey Weise

Seth Trickey

Evan Ramsey

Youre no more ready to have an honest discussion than the people you are chastising. Youre using 30+ years of selective data, and weve had 18 school shootings this YEAR. More than your entire list. Let that settle in for a minute, before you reply with the usual NRA mantra. But, I digress, race isnt my point. The point is protecting children.

Youre no more ready to have an honest discussion than the people you are chastising. Youre using 30+ years of selective data, and weve had 18 school shootings this YEAR. More than your entire list. Let that settle in for a minute, before you reply with the usual NRA mantra. But, I digress, race isnt my point. The point is protecting children.

18*

Well... not really. That's lying with statistics. Disappointing after I just liked your previous post. :(

https://www.snopes.com/2018/02/16/how-many-school-shootings-in-2018/

18 this year? Wow that's a lot. Name them please. I'll wait.

So in the last 20 years there have been about 200 incidents and you list 19 people? That's great logic lol

Those are the 19ish I could find with a google search. I started looking at the the 200 incidents you stated many of which I could not find the race of the "shooter". How is it you can tell?

Well... not really. That's lying with statistics. Disappointing after I just liked your previous post. :(

https://www.snopes.com/2018/02/16/how-many-school-shootings-in-2018/

So, suicide and accidental discharge dont count? Numbers arent the point, to begin with. The point is kids are being mowed down at American schools, and we need to have an honest discussion about what we can do about it.

So, suicide and accidental discharge dont count? Numbers arent the point, to begin with. The point is kids are being mowed down at school, and we need to have an honest discussion about what we can do about it.

What about the over 600+ homicides last year and the 800+ in 2016 in Chicago? A lot more deaths here than in the schools...

What about the over 600+ homicides last year and the 800+ in 2016 in Chicago? A lot more deaths here than in the schools...

Youre arguing with a guy on your own team. Im not interested in arguing semantics. I am a NRA member. Comparing crime in the Chicago ghetto to mass school shootings is dumb.

• Like 1

So basically the liars on this board count an adult committing suicide in his car as a school shooting or someone shooting a pellet gun at a bus.

Talk about disingenuous. But that's what you get when you read the MSM.

Those are the 19ish I could find with a google search. I started looking at the the 200 incidents you stated many of which I could not find the race of the "shooter". How is it you can tell?

You can use the numbers from mass shootings in general of you like

https://news.sky.com/story/why-are-white-men-more-likely-to-carry-out-mass-shootings-11252808

So, suicide and accidental discharge dont count? Numbers arent the point, to begin with. The point is kids are being mowed down at American schools, and we need to have an honest discussion about what we can do about it.

No they don't. Not in the context of a shooting like this. You use those to bump up your numbers to make school shootings look worse than they actually are. It's very disingenuous and does not help your argument when you lie like that.

make school shootings look worse than they actually are.

And that my friends is the attitude that will keep these happening for the foreseeable future

You can use the numbers from mass shootings in general of you like

https://news.sky.com/story/why-are-white-men-more-likely-to-carry-out-mass-shootings-11252808

Okay according to that article, "54 of the gunmen were white" That's out of 95. Tell me again how has Mobb said, "and these school shooters are basically all white". Since when is half = basically all?

And that my friends is the attitude that will keep these happening for the foreseeable future

Yes I think a loser adult killing himself in a school parking lot not even close to 18 children dying. And using suicide to make a problem seem worse is disingenuous. Talk about it truthfully.

Sorry, not sorry. Try not lying and people will take your argument more seriously.

Neither side of the gun control issue is going to budge. We've seen it time and time again. Right or wrong.

That being said we need to find a way to limit these types of occurrences as it is impossible to prevent all of them.

Logic would say we have to start with mental health.

No, actually. Seeing as how determining mental health issues is extremely difficult, and limiting those persons from having guns in a society where they are for sale everywhere would be impossible, the logical place to start would be our absurdly easy access to high efficiency killing machines.

You know. Like damn near every other country on the planet has done.