Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Florida Shooting

But being an extremely creepy kid doesnt remove a right

He was more than a creepy kid. He was a creepy kid who said he wanted to be an infamous school shooter, and who posted pics/vids of him hurting/killing animals on multiple occasions. And who got expelled from school.

The issue is the left doesnt know enough about guns to have a discussion, the right is too hell bent on keeping their rights granted to them by the Constitution

FTFY

The FBI also said Friday that it had received a tip last month from “a person close to Nikolas Cruz” reporting concerns about him, specifically that he could potentially carry out a school shooting. While this should have been investigated “as a potential threat to life … these protocols were not followed,” the bureau said in a statement.

“We are still investigating the facts,” Christopher Wray, the FBI director, said in the statement. “I am committed to getting to the bottom of what happened in this particular matter, as well as reviewing our processes for responding to information that we receive from the public.”

This revelation made the Parkland shooting the third time in as many years that a mass shooter who terrorized Floridians had previously come to the bureau’s attention. In 2016, the FBI said it had previously investigated the man who gunned down 49 people at Pulse nightclub in Orlando. Last year, authorities said a man charged with killing five people at the Fort Lauderdale airport had walked into an FBI office weeks earlier and made bizarre statements.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/02/16/as-florida-town-mourns-authorities-revisit-possible-warning-signs-before-school-massacre/?utm_term=.8a2a4df1736c

Lazy/incompetent LE. What a shock. But hey, ban guns!!!!

But being an extremely creepy kid doesnt remove a right

Quotes from this creepy kid.

"I whana shoot people with my AR-15"

"I wanna die Fighting killing s**t ton of people"

"I am going to kill law enforcement one day they go after the good people."

In September, a YouTube user going by Nikolas Cruz posted a comment to a vlogger's YouTube page, saying, "Im going to be a professional school shooter."

On the evening of 14 July 2016, a 19 tonne cargo truck was deliberately driven into crowds of people celebrating Bastille Day on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France, resulting in the deaths of 86 people[2] and the injury of 458 others.

But guns though

Quotes from this creepy kid.

"I whana shoot people with my AR-15"

"I wanna die Fighting killing s**t ton of people"

"I am going to kill law enforcement one day they go after the good people."

In September, a YouTube user going by Nikolas Cruz posted a comment to a vlogger's YouTube page, saying, "Im going to be a professional school shooter."

But the FBI couldn't find a guy using his real name.

Police Visited Home Of Florida School Shooter Over 35 Times

https://wrko.iheart.com/content/2018-02-16-police-visited-home-of-florida-school-shooter-over-35-times/

The calls were mostly related to violent and self-harming behavior, but police never arrested him. Some cases involved out of control fights between the alleged shooter and his brother, while other times police were called after he threatened his mother.

In one instance, his mother said he was cutting himself as a way to get attention, something she said he learned from an ex-girlfriend. In one report police mentioned he said he wanted to buy a gun.

Despite the numerous visits from law enforcement and workers from the Department of Children and Families, no action was taken against the teenager. One therapist said that he was "no threat to anyone or himself," and police concluded he had “no signs of mental illness or criminal activity.”

The FBI revealed that it received a tip last month that the former student had a gun and was planning to kill people. Fox News reports the tip warned there was the “potential of him conducting a school shooting.” The FBI never followed up on the tip and "the information was not provided to the Miami field office."

I was reading this article and noticed some very common reasoning from this thread in here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/world/americas/mass-shootings-us-international.html

The only variable that can explain the high rate of mass shootings in America is its astronomical number of guns.

Adjusted for population, only Yemen has a higher rate of mass shootings among countries with more than 10 million people — a distinction Mr. Lankford urged to avoid outliers. Yemen has the world’s second-highest rate of gun ownership after the United States.

If mental health made the difference, then data would show that Americans have more mental health problems than do people in other countries with fewer mass shootings. But the mental health care spending rate in the United States, the number of mental health professionals per capita and the rate of severe mental disorders are all in line with those of other wealthy countries.

A 2015 study estimated that only 4 percent of American gun deaths could be attributed to mental health issues. And Mr. Lankford, in an email, said countries with high suicide rates tended to have low rates of mass shootings — the opposite of what you would expect if mental health problems correlated with mass shootings.

Whether a population plays more or fewer video games also appears to have no impact. Americans are no more likely to play video games than people in any other developed country.

Rather, they found, in data that has since been repeatedly confirmed, that American crime is simply more lethal. A New Yorker is just as likely to be robbed as a Londoner, for instance, but the New Yorker is 54 times more likely to be killed in the process.

They concluded that the discrepancy, like so many other anomalies of American violence, came down to guns.

In China, about a dozen seemingly random attacks on schoolchildren killed 25 people between 2010 and 2012. Most used knives; none used a gun.

By contrast, in this same window, the United States experienced five of its deadliest mass shootings, which killed 78 people. Scaled by population, the American attacks were 12 times as deadly.

Authorities were also alerted to a disturbing YouTube comment, in which a user posted a comment that said: "I'm going to be a professional school shooter." The FBI said they were unable to verify the identity of the commenter, despite the fact he used his real name, and could not confirm any connection to the post and south Florida.

wow. Way to go FBI.

jesus

:doh:

I still don't see the point about this whole FBI thing.

Under the current system nothing he did would have stopped him from being able to purchase guns. The police listed his home 35 times. Ok he still could passed a background check.

Isn't this whole thing proving the system is messed up and needs to be changed?

Under the current system nothing he did would have stopped him from being able to purchase guns. The police listed his home 35 times. Ok he still could passed a background check.

Nope, the system is fine, we don't need to change anything, see you again in a few weeks.
  • Like 1

No. They could have gotten a restraining order prohibiting him From owning guns. They didn't even try.

No. They could have gotten a restraining order prohibiting him From owning guns. They didn't even try.

They could have given him a blanket party.

Can you send a link to that process? I am not really familiar with how that would work. How could they get a restraining order placed when there wasnt even a specific threat made? I dont think a blank online statement like he made would hold up? There are probably 1000's of dumb statements such as that made daily

If they did that he would have just killed 17 people with a knife amirite?

:D

I think they still sell rambo knives on EBAY.

sh1t is a beast

Chris Rock has a bit about this in his new special. Says if 40 people get stabbed by one guy, 37 people are dumb enough to deserve it.

What kind of mental meds was this kid prescribed if any. Are they the same as past mental case shooters?

Did doctors treat his mental condition ? If so who are they ?

Pill pushing doctors could be playing a big part in all of this.

With the amount of money the pharmaceutical industry throws at our politicians don't expect them to address this, coupled with the fact they are the biggest advertiser on television, don't expect our horrible, morally corrupt media to say anything either.

Definitely part of it. Many fock ups with this one.

Aren't restraining orders generally civil orders requiring some private individual to make a complaint?

A quick google indicates that some states do have a special type of order through which law enforcement can restrict someone from buying a gun but those are liberal sh!tholes California and Connecticut, not Florida. And the NRA has, naturally, opposed these provisions.

wow. Way to go FBI.

jesus

:doh:

As much as I want to crack on the FBI, their claim is that type of investigation they would have had to do would have been so intrusive as to not be admissible in court and therefore they couldn't do it, by law.

coupled with the fact they are the biggest advertiser on television

well they are not but point taken lol

well they are not but point taken lol

Sure seems they are. Close enough I guess

As much as I want to crack on the FBI, their claim is that type of investigation they would have had to do would have been so intrusive as to not be admissible in court and therefore they couldn't do it, by law.

If this kid went missing, who would have cared :ninja:

• Like 1

Wow, this is bad. https://www.vox.com/2018/2/16/17020764/nikolas-cruz-fbi-report-authorities

Another tip to the FBI by someone close to Cruz.

He has rights, gotta protect those murican rights.

Ill bet the gun store that sold him the AR is completely sold out today after the news and stories reported its name and location. Prob cant even get in there right now its so packed.

The FBI is proving to be quite incompetent these days. But yeah, the constitutional rights of this loser would have been waved, in front of all of us with common sense, by the people in this country with their heads up their asses.

He has rights, gotta protect those murican rights.

Ill bet the gun store that sold him the AR is completely sold out today after the news and stories reported its name and location. Prob cant even get in there right now its so packed.

With the January tip there would have been enough cause for surveillance, but it didn't even get passed on to the local field office.

Seems like, especially due to the internet, the FBI needs an information analysis system so if you have a tip in Mississippi with 'Nikolas Cruz' as part of it (his YouTube handle) and someone somewhere else has tipped and included those words, the system brings that out. His name...that's pretty explicit, but there ought to even be enough other less explicit common denominators that get picked up on. The tech is definitely there. There's a lot of crap to sift through, but maybe a smarter, more sensitive reporting system is in order.

That said, the human failure is the main glaring issue here.

* US has a population of 325M (approx.)

* US has 357M guns (approx.)

When you have this many people, with this kind of accessibility, coupled with a protected 2nd Amendment Right - tragedy, death and violence are unavoidable...... All the Gun Laws, Checks & Balances, Education - they're not much of a deterrent for those hell bent on carrying out evil... Oh the FBI dropped the ball on this Cruz kid, oh we let Omar Mateen slip thru our fingers, oh we failed to connect the dots on Nidal Hisan, oh we missed the warning signs on Columbine, oh we should of stopped Micah Johnson beforehand and on and on and on and on - it never ends... There's always going to be a next mass shooting bcoz it's just too damn easy to get a gun, it's too damn hard to supervise all the crazies and it's a pipedream to expect all 325M people to act responsibly and respect the laws.........The perils of Freedom - it comes with it.

After the next mass shooting, and there will be one, you'll hear and see the same things you saw at this one. "Thoughts & prayers, we stand with you, we grieve with you, this is unacceptable, stricter laws, save the children, etc..." - it's like a script out of playbook, used over and over....... In the end, not much will be done....... Why? Bcoz of the almighty 2nd Amendment and it's intrinsic value over human life.. Bcoz after all in the grand scheme of things, a few dead people here and few dead kids there, compared to a population of 325M, it's an acceptable number..........Which is cool, I get it - I just wish people would stop pretending and admit it.

He posted online 4 months ago that he wanted to shoot up a school. FBI was too lazy or incompetent or complicit to pursue.

On Jan 5th someone called the FBI and said he had guns, was mentally unstable, and talked about shooting up a school.

Again, is the FBI lazy, incompetent, or complicit?

This is the most important question that can be asked right now.

Amazing that the FBI can catch 13 Russian twitter trolls but can't catch 1 guy threatening to commit a terror attack on American soil.

17 people are dead, 15 children, because of the FBI.

Umm, you know there are semi-automatic shotguns? :doh:

Then ban them.

I personally don't see a need for such a weapon but realize a person hell bent on killing will find a way.

There's no solution to it.....horrible but true.

So make it harder on them to do it.