Sign in to follow this  
Reality

2018 NBA playoffs

Philly has opportunities to win late in games 2, 3 and 5. Their immaturity as a team really showed in crunch time. It will be interesting to see if Colangelo feels pressure to make a big move like Bron or Kahwi now seeing what we are up against. Good year overall but a bad series.

I will enjoy the ECF as an unbiased basketball fan this year.

Philly has opportunities to win late in games 2, 3 and 5. Their immaturity as a team really showed in crunch time. It will be interesting to see if Colangelo feels pressure to make a big move like Bron or Kahwi now seeing what we are up against. Good year overall but a bad series.

in 8, perhaps?

Any remaining predictions?

Any remaining predictions?

Boston gets dad d1cked by LeBron? Dunno.

why always gay ?

Like the bat signal for drobeski :lol:

Boston gets dad d1cked by LeBron? Dunno.

That's the easy conclusion, but after watching Boston play against Milwaukee and Philly, I'm not pencilling that in. I think this series will go the distance.

That's the easy conclusion, but after watching Boston play against Milwaukee and Philly, I'm not pencilling that in. I think this series will go the distance.

Theyre playing for the right to lose in the Finals anyway. I hope Boston wins - makes Bron to Philly far more likely.

No chance Philly gets to the Finals. Yes, its what all the cool kids are saying but Ive seen this movie before. You got to pay your playoff dues first.

Very rarely does a team with zero playoff experience make really deep playoff runs. They paid some dues this year, skys the limit for Philly going forward.

However all those cheap rookie contracts will be up in the next few years. That window isnt as big as you think it is. That goes for Boston too. Rozier will want to get paid. Brown and Tatum too.

Very rarely does a team with zero playoff experience make really deep playoff runs. They paid some dues this year, skys the limit for Philly going forward.

However all those cheap rookie contracts will be up in the next few years. That window isnt as big as you think it is. That goes for Boston too. Rozier will want to get paid. Brown and Tatum too.

Philly is good for at least 2 more years. Then Simmons will get paid by someone. I think they overpaid Reddick to get him, perhaps they can lock him down cheaper for another 2-3 years. Fultz is on a rookie contract for another 3 years, do you sell high on him now or keep him relatively cheap and hope he pans out? I try to bundle him. All said they get 2 more really good shots at a title.

Philly is good for at least 2 more years. Then Simmons will get paid by someone. I think they overpaid Reddick to get him, perhaps they can lock him down cheaper for another 2-3 years. Fultz is on a rookie contract for another 3 years, do you sell high on him now or keep him relatively cheap and hope he pans out? I try to bundle him. All said they get 2 more really good shots at a title.

You think selling Fultz now is selling high? Can't imagine them getting much more than a pick from a team expected to pick in the 5-15 range.

I will say, even if he is a stud, he doesn't make sense on a team with Simmons operating at the defacto point guard.

Side note, anybody kind of sick of Embiid's act yet? He runs his mouth quite a bit, which I kind of enjoy but, he disappears late and doesn't really back up the sh!t he talks.

His act will wear thin if he continues to run his mouth while not showing up when it matters.

Side note, anybody kind of sick of Embiid's act yet? He runs his mouth quite a bit, which I kind of enjoy but, he disappears late and doesn't really back up the sh!t he talks.

His act will wear thin if he continues to run his mouth while not showing up when it matters.

https://www.facebook.com/BostonCelticNation/photos/pcb.2049056995104603/2049056705104632/?type=3

27 points 12 rebounds and 4 blocks? :dunno:

Embiid has holes in his game. Part of it is due to poor conditioning and trying to play hero ball. And part is that he plays for a team that lacks any other real go to scorer.

I can see how his act would get thin but he showed up all series.

You think selling Fultz now is selling high? Can't imagine them getting much more than a pick from a team expected to pick in the 5-15 range.

I will say, even if he is a stud, he doesn't make sense on a team with Simmons operating at the defacto point guard.

It's selling high because after next season he could either be a dud or a star and the price is set. Right now he's worth a risk to somebody because his contract isn't prohibitive for the potential and you get 3 seasons. I still think he would have to be part of a package. The 76ers are already too young, they don't need picks, they need veteran players.

It's selling high because after next season he could either be a dud or a star and the price is set. Right now he's worth a risk to somebody because his contract isn't prohibitive for the potential and you get 3 seasons. I still think he would have to be part of a package. The 76ers are already too young, they don't need picks, they need veteran players.

I would consider dealing Fultz as part of a package for Kahwi. Hell they could probably deal him with Cov and the 10th pick, bring in Kahwi and sign LeBron.

I would consider dealing Fultz as part of a package for Kahwi. Hell they could probably deal him with Cov and the 10th pick, bring in Kahwi and sign LeBron.

Would rather not win than have lebron. you have 0 faith in the sixers

Would rather not win than have lebron. you have 0 faith in the sixers

How is that any different than the Celtics bringing in Kyrie / Hayward?

How is that any different than the Celtics bringing in Kyrie / Hayward?

Lebron is a d1nk

Lebron is a d1nk

How do you know? You havent watched basketball in years. Bron might be a great guy. :banana:

How do you know? You havent watched basketball in years. Bron might be a great guy. :banana:

because my new favorite talk to show to watch "Speak For Yourself" incessantly talks about him

Celtics fan here..they are definitely better positioned for the next few(3) years, which is all that really matters. No team has too much certainty after that. Sixers do have some money coming off the books, and mostly dead weight. They are going to have to pay Embiid. Redick, ?, do they try to keep him, for how much, not close to $23m I would say. They don't have very good 2 way players. Simmons is good offensively, but can't shoot. Saric can shoot but not much else. Fultz, what to think?, not sure he is a total bust, but he will have to have a big impact for them to get to the next level. Covington should not be a starter. They need a bucket..who are they going to? To me, they are all about what they can add.

We headed for yet another Warriors vs Lebron finals? Gonna be James 8th straight trip. Thats absurd.

Cavs in 6. Warriors in 7.

Conference finals are gonna be exciting.

Cavs in 6 is the popular pick. I like the Cs matchups. CS in 7, due to refs.

Celtics fan here..they are definitely better positioned for the next few(3) years, which is all that really matters. No team has too much certainty after that. Sixers do have some money coming off the books, and mostly dead weight. They are going to have to pay Embiid. Redick, ?, do they try to keep him, for how much, not close to $23m I would say. They don't have very good 2 way players. Simmons is good offensively, but can't shoot. Saric can shoot but not much else. Fultz, what to think?, not sure he is a total bust, but he will have to have a big impact for them to get to the next level. Covington should not be a starter. They need a bucket..who are they going to? To me, they are all about what they can add.

You are 100% correct. The lack of a player who can create his own shot was a problem. An upgrade at SF and a rim protecting backup center are on my wish list. A shooter who can also play some D is a high priority too. Reddick and Belinelli got abused.

Organic growth is part of it but I would love to add a stud at the 3.

You are 100% correct. The lack of a player who can create his own shot was a problem. An upgrade at SF and a rim protecting backup center are on my wish list. A shooter who can also play some D is a high priority too. Reddick and Belinelli got abused.

Organic growth is part of it but I would love to add a stud at the 3.

this is a playoff thread. You can leave now.

this is a playoff thread. You can leave now.

You get another 5-6 games.

You get another 5-6 games.

When did you stop being a Knicks fan?

This guy is like the ex girlfriend who wont stop calling and sending texts years later.

Not interested darling.

This guy is like the ex girlfriend who wont stop calling and sending texts years later.

Not interested darling.

Was her name Lane?

Very early, but at least the Celts showed better than Game 1 last year. Tuesday night will be interesting.

Game 2 gonna be the most important for them psychologically to know they can win the series.

Are the Celtics even better when Irving/Whitey, come back next year?

That means less minutes for Rozier, Brown, Tatum and Morris?

Are the Celtics even better when Irving/Whitey, come back next year?

That means less minutes for Rozier, Brown, Tatum and Morris?

They will have more depth. Smart probably won't be there.

There will be more deals as well. I can't see Danny standing pat.

They will have more depth. Smart probably won't be there.

There will be more deals as well. I can't see Danny standing pat.

They have Irving for 2 more years, will they resign him? he will only be 27 when the deal ends (assuming his knee is fine)