Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

NBA Free Agency 2018 Thread

Ok, for those hypersensitive - I applaud LeBron for going to a below average team on the rise, not to an already Superpower team with MVPs and titles already.

I don't think any of those teams could have afforded him.

I gave myself away in my first post after the announcement. Ragging on and rooting against Lebron during the Miami years was a great sports experience. But it got hard to keep that hate up back in Cleveland......

So I appreciate what Lebron did for us here..... as he clearly realized that joining the most silver spoon franchise with the most entitled fan base and most nauseating media coverage in the league's history solves all problems in terms of it being hard to rag on him. I enjoy sports villains, and this is a peak sports villain marriage. I'm happy.

Dan gilbert showed a modicum of class this time around.

Dude has proven himself...let him get his bank. He has earned it.

Cavs will be be playing the lottery for years to come. Wonder what happens to Kevin Love. Cavs are so over the salary cap...its not gping to be pretty.

Dan gilbert showed a modicum of class this time around.

Dude has proven himself...let him get his bank. He has earned it.

Cavs will be be playing the lottery for years to come. Wonder what happens to Kevin Love. Cavs are so over the salary cap...its not gping to be pretty.

Other than making his courtside ticket holders lock in for 3 years this past February yeah I guess. At least he didn't send off a f u letter this time when he left

I don't think any of those teams could have afforded him.

I think that Philly would have been close to being that kind of team. They could have fit Lebron on their roster while still having Simmons, Embiid and Fultz pretty easily.

I think that Philly would have been close to being that kind of team. They could have fit Lebron on their roster while still having Simmons, Embiid and Fultz pretty easily.

Right, but the comment I responded to was talking about him going to teams with MVP's and titles already. That is a pretty exclusive club. Personally, while not quite there I would say the Lakers are not that far off of what Philly is. They made great strides last year. So, if I'm Lebron who has a home in LA and a kid going to school there, the decision would be pretty easy.

I gave myself away in my first post after the announcement. Ragging on and rooting against Lebron during the Miami years was a great sports experience. But it got hard to keep that hate up back in Cleveland......

So I appreciate what Lebron did for us here..... as he clearly realized that joining the most silver spoon franchise with the most entitled fan base and most nauseating media coverage in the league's history solves all problems in terms of it being hard to rag on him. I enjoy sports villains, and this is a peak sports villain marriage. I'm happy.

This is why I love that he's there with the Balls.

Lakers, Balls, LeFlop. It's the perfect trifecta of hate-ability.

I get the hate for Lavar Ball but not for Lonzo. From all accounts he's a good kid, without the mouth of his father, and a great teammate. Yeah, he needs to improve his shooting. I'm sure he knows that. Guess who else couldn't shoot a lick when he got to the NBA. Magic Johnson. Lonzo plays good D, rebounds, and is a great passer. That's not a bad start.

I get the hate for Lavar Ball but not for Lonzo. From all accounts he's a good kid, without the mouth of his father, and a great teammate. Yeah, he needs to improve his shooting. I'm sure he knows that. Guess who else couldn't shoot a lick when he got to the NBA. Magic Johnson. Lonzo plays good D, rebounds, and is a great passer. That's not a bad start.

Pop should be able to get the best out of him and Ingram.

I blame Kyrie for all this nonsense. You have TWO years left on a contract you signed but all the sudden biatch and moan and say you refuse to play unless they trade you? Same for Kawhi Leonard today. I wish these teams would not trade them and let them stew. Sit out the whole season for all I care.

Just read where Lakers have signed Lance Stephenson. :overhead:

The Balls, Lance "Clownshow" Stephenson.....

WTF LeBron? Gah. :doh:

I blame Kyrie for all this nonsense. You have TWO years left on a contract you signed but all the sudden biatch and moan and say you refuse to play unless they trade you? Same for Kawhi Leonard today. I wish these teams would not trade them and let me stew. Sit out the whole season for all I care.

It sort of funny how NBA players can screw over franchises, while NFL franchises can screw over the players. The NFLPA needs Derrick Fisher or whoever heads the NBAPA to give some lessons to the NFLPA guys.

Yeah. The hate is mostly for Lavar and the thieving younger one. Lonzo's shooting motion is just atrocious. There is nothing about it that looks like a viable pro jump shot. I'm still amazed that he's gotten this far without fixing it.

JJ Redick back to Philly for 1 year 12.5mil. Good signing. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Did Philly get Lebron yet?

Did Philly get Lebron yet?

No, but they now have a easier path to losing in the finals. Too bad the NBA doesn't give participation trophies.

No, but they now have a easier path to losing in the finals. Too bad the NBA doesn't give participation trophies.

Incredibly they have a better chance of reaching the Finals than LeBron. Boston is well positioned to be the NBAs version of the Bills in the short term though.

Incredibly they have a better chance of reaching the Finals than LeBron. Boston is well positioned to be the NBAs version of the Bills in the short term though.

Not according to Vegas...

Golden State Warriors: -110
Los Angeles Lakers: 7-2
Boston Celtics: 7-2
Houston Rockets: 7-1
Philadelphia 76ers: 14-1

finals of the Eastern Conference, sure.

:thumbsup:

KD will leave after next year.

If the Lakers get Kahwi I put them 2nd in the West after GSW, maybe slightly above HOU.

Boston is no better than 4th best either way, Philly 5th.

If the Lakers get Kahwi I put them 2nd in the West after GSW, maybe slightly above HOU.

Boston has to beat 3 teams in the finals next year :o

I assume those are title odds as oppose to odds of getting to the Finals.

The assumption will be that whoever gets out of the West beats Boston. The Buffalo Bills comparison rings valid, although we've recently learned that if you get to the Finals 4 times in a row, you have a shot at lucking into 1 title in spite of being far inferior.

• Like 1

Agree a lot on Ball, but Magic averaged 18/game on over 50% shooting and lead them to the title scoring 42 at Center in the clincher. take it easy.

I'm a homer, but I put the Cs 2nd right now, 3rd if Kahwi goes to LA. Tatum and Brown grow at all and they are going to be tough to beat. Just sign Smart.

someone is not very good at gambling

So the Lakers and Celtics have the SAME chance of winning the title according to the odds

which team has to beat Golden State to get there?

This was clearly not a basketball decision. I cant even be mad really. I can go back to hating LeBron though.

I don't follow basketball closely - why do you say this?

ETA Nevermind

Agree a lot on Ball, but Magic averaged 18/game on over 50% shooting and lead them to the title scoring 42 at Center in the clincher. take it easy.

You think that was because of his outside shooting?

I still dog LaBron for the "Decision"............but I have to give him props for this one.

And at least he went to a dogshiit team, didn't make the easy punk ass biitch KD move.

Exactly

He could have gone to Philly if he wanted another easy run into the finals for a few years.

You think that was because of his outside shooting?

Youre making a thin...very thin comparison of lonzo and magic by saying neither could shoot well coming in.

These two are not and will not ever be on the same planet basketball wise.

Youre making a thin...very thin comparison of lonzo and magic by saying neither could shoot well coming in.

These two are not and will not ever be on the same planet basketball wise.

I never suggested they would be. I'm just illustrating that there's precedent for a player to come in and improve his shooting significantly, and in the case of Lonzo he has an example in the same organization. I'm sure Magic may have some pointers for the kid.

I never suggested they would be. I'm just illustrating that there's precedent for a player to come in and improve his shooting significantly, and in the case of Lonzo he has an example in the same organization. I'm sure Magic may have some pointers for the kid.

Im not sure id say magic ever became a good shooter....his percentages in fact go down a little, 3s up slightly. Its hard to improve your shooting a whole lot.

Rajon Rondo signs to play PG with Lakers. 1 year 9mil.

Lonzo - Ingram - Kuzma and next years 1st Rounder for Kawhi. (okay, I made that one up.) :lol:

Im not sure id say magic ever became a good shooter....his percentages in fact go down a little, 3s up slightly. Its hard to improve your shooting a whole lot.

Magic's overall percentage went down because he took more outside shots as an older player. Older players don't bang to the rim all the time. Jordan became more of a jump shooter as he aged and so did Magic. And his 3 point percentage went up more than slightly. 10% would be on the low end. I could be a doosh and just look at his last year when he shot 38% but I won't. But if you look at his last few years before his HIV retirement he shot 32%+. For a guy who was about 22% when he entered the NBA that's a significant improvement and, while not great in today's NBA, that wasn't horrible in his era.

Lonzo shot 30% from 3 last year, even with his horrible form. No reason he can't improve that significantly.

Rajon Rondo signs to play PG with Lakers. 1 year 9mil.

Lonzo - Ingram - Kuzma and next years 1st Rounder for Kawhi. (okay, I made that one up.) :lol:

Dont see the Lakers giving up Kuzma, but Spurs would be dumb not to take Ball/Ingram and a first.

Why would LA give up that much knowing they can play one year and sign him and give up nothing next year? And then give him a max deal.

Why would LA give up that much knowing they can play one year and sign him and give up nothing next year? And then give him a max deal.

LeBron is 33 not 23

Tick Toc Tick Toc