Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

NBA Free Agency 2018 Thread

LeBron and the Ball family, together at last.

What a sh!t show this will be.

Christ...

What on Earth does LBJ have to do with the Ball family?

Good for LeBron and good for the NBA. He doesn't owe Cleveland anything else. The NBA is far better with the Lakers being good.

What on Earth does LBJ have to do with the Ball family?

Good for LeBron and good for the NBA. He doesn't owe Cleveland anything else. The NBA is far better with the Lakers being good.

The nba should just contract down into an eight team league or whatever.

It is virtually impossible for a small market team to succeed in the NBA. If you are extremely lucky, like OKC, you can land a superstar or two in the draft, have a short window of opportunity, and then fade away as the stars run to bigger markets.

A lot of my family are grizzlies fans. An exercise in futility. They can never truly compete.

ESPN had a good tweet - Lebron will now be coached by Luke Walton who was picked 31 spots after he was in 2003.

Its still strange to me that Walton is the coach.

Terrible. Very Dissapointed.

He now gets a chance to revive a beloved franchise in a city where he already owns a home and is being paid a fortune to do it. All that nonsense about lakers being Kobes team or whatever so they arent allowed to have a great player again is silly. Lebron is the most savvy financial player ever. Guy has cashed in an absurd amount of times.

He now gets a chance to revive a beloved franchise in a city where he already owns a home and is being paid a fortune to do it. All that nonsense about lakers being Kobes team or whatever so they arent allowed to have a great player again is silly. Lebron is the most savvy financial player ever. Guy has cashed in an absurd amount of times.

Nobody said the Lakers cant have another great player. Dont be stupid. Im talking LeBron James. Just seeing him in the Laker uniform feels weird.

Yuck. Makes me wanna puke.

Most savvy in the same way that Bella Thorne shows enough snatch to make $65k per instagram post. Slutt player joins a slutt franchise.

Meanwhile, Im expecting a relaxing evening of Formula One Racing, and instead the slutt sports network has preempted my Australian Grand Prix to explain to me why The Lakers are sure to be getting Kawhi and Boogie next. Complete slutt bullshiit.

I wasnt too happy about the Lakers getting LeBron, but watching cbfalcon melt down is warming me up to the idea. Cant wait to start beating down the Spurs again. Just like the good old days.

Nobody said the Lakers cant have another great player. Dont be stupid. Im talking LeBron James. Just seeing him in the Laker uniform feels weird.

Why have another great player when you are one of a few teams the BEST player would play for? Its great seeing him in LA and I cant wait to be an even harder fake Lakers fan than I already am. Might watch my first non playoff game in years, eh I doubt it.

This was clearly not a basketball decision. I cant even be mad really. I can go back to hating LeBron though.

Why have another great player when you are one of a few teams the BEST player would play for? Its great seeing him in LA and I cant wait to be an even harder fake Lakers fan than I already am. Might watch my first non playoff game in years, eh I doubt it.

Go away. Youre a fake NBA fan. Stop wasting my time. Go kick rocks.

This was clearly not a basketball decision. I cant even be mad really. I can go back to hating LeBron though.

Have to agree. This was more about his kids, lifestyle, etc.

Good luck to him. But Im out.

From Twitter:

Active players who've made All-NBA 1st team, by current conf.:

West

LeBron James

Kevin Durant

James Harden

Stephen Curry

Anthony Davis

Kawhi Leonard

Chris Paul

Russell Westbrook

DeAndre Jordan

Marc Gasol

Dirk Nowitzki

Derrick Rose

East

Joakim Noah

TBD

Dwight Howard

Dwyane Wade

https://twitter.com/danfeldmannba/status/1013582015080386564?s=21

Lavar predicted one day Lebron would come to LA to play with Lonzo. Behold the prophet.

Have to agree. This was more about his kids, lifestyle, etc.

Good luck to him. But Im out.

Mostly I will hate him just for being a Laker. But I dont think LA is getting past GSW even if they trade for Kahwi. And I hope the Spurs utterly bend them over now.

Stephen A Smith is claiming multiple league executives have told him Kawhi would consider sitting out the entire upcoming season if not traded to the Lakers.

Normally Id roll my eyes at that Stephen A type bs... but everything about the Lakers is entitled, including guys that want to play there, so it seems quite possible.

Stephen A Smith is claiming multiple league executives have told him Kawhi would consider sitting out the entire upcoming season if not traded to the Lakers.

Normally Id roll my eyes at that Stephen A type bs... but everything about the Lakers is entitled, including guys that want to play there, so it seems quite possible.

I can see this. Lebron signing will cause a chain reaction of interest to join LA for a possible run at the West.

You can expect the league to force the Spurs to take less than theyd otherwise get for Kawhi now. Book it.

I guess all that leverage they supposedly had is gone now. :(

It isnt that the lakers cant have a great player. Its the opposite. A great, all time player should have A TEAM.

Magic was a laker. Kobe was a laker. MJ was a bull. Bird was a Celtic.

I know guys like shaq wandered around. It happens. But I do feel that Lebron going to a third team does ding the legacy a bit. But hey, whatever.

I don't get why people get upset over players choosing their situation. Everyone else can. Titans moved to freaking China because he didn't like what he had here. If I liked what Burger King had to offer me, you best believe I would be cooking fries for them instead of McDonald's and almost everyone would do the same.

I don't get why people get upset over players choosing their situation. Everyone else can. Titans moved to freaking China because he didn't like what he had here. If I liked what Burger King had to offer me, you best believe I would be cooking fries for them instead of McDonald's and almost everyone would do the same.

I generally dont have a problem with it.

But I do prefer to see players stay with one team, or two at a minimum. Particularly the big stars. It makes a league kind of lame if the players are all changing jerseys every year or so.

Like if next year, brady and Rogers and brees and etc all changed teams. Just makes the league less... rootable?

I generally dont have a problem with it.

But I do prefer to see players stay with one team, or two at a minimum. Particularly the big stars. It makes a league kind of lame if the players are all changing jerseys every year or so.

Like if next year, brady and Rogers and brees and etc all changed teams. Just makes the league less... rootable?

its kind of do I root for the players or the team

As a life long SAN DIEGO Charger fan, I rooted for the team and the players

now I just root for guys like Rivers, Allen, Bosa, if they went to another team I would follow more than likely

its kind of do I root for the players or the team

As a life long SAN DIEGO Charger fan, I rooted for the team and the players

now I just root for guys like Rivers, Allen, Bosa, if they went to another team I would follow more than likely

The titans havent had any players worth a fock that went elsewhere in so long, I dont even know how Id feel. Eddie was done when he left. I guess McNair and mason went to Baltimore, a hated rival. They were pretty much dead to me at that point.

LeBron makes them relevent, but not much more than that. Ball is an excellent player, who can't shoot a lick, LeBron will make him even better. Leonard will wind up in LA, all NBA stars get what they want, and then the Lakers will be more than relevant.

It isnt that the lakers cant have a great player. Its the opposite. A great, all time player should have A TEAM.

I know guys like shaq wandered around. It happens. But I do feel that Lebron going to a third team does ding the legacy a bit. But hey, whatever.

Karl Malone was a Jazz. So what if he played in LA at the end of his career.

Karl Malone was a Jazz. So what if he played in LA at the end of his career.

You mean that ONE year when he was way past his prime at age 40?

I still dog LaBron for the "Decision"............but I have to give him props for this one.

And at least he went to a dogshiit team, didn't make the easy punk ass biitch KD move.

You mean that ONE year when he was way past his prime at age 40?

that's supremely glossing over the fact they try to build a super team and failed.

Jordan will always be a wizard.

I guess I'm not sure why Lebron would get dogged for this at all. There are plenty of great players that moved teams and move teams at the ends of their careers. I don't know why we hold LeBron to having to stay in Cleveland for his entire career. He doesn't owe them one stinking thing. in fact I would go as far as to say with Dan Gilbert Cleveland is lucky he came back at all.

But he did and he got that shiithole of a town a championship.

I still dog LaBron for the "Decision"............but I have to give him props for this one.

And at least he went to a dogshiit team, didn't make the easy punk ass biitch KD move.

If you think the Lakers are a dogsh*t team you don't know basketball.

If you think the Lakers are a dogsh*t team you don't know basketball.

Ok, for those hypersensitive - I applaud LeBron for going to a below average team on the rise, not to an already Superpower team with MVPs and titles already.