Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Anything about the guy in Dallas shot dead in his own apartment by a cop?

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

There are, or from what I gathered they're on the wall adjacent to the door or something.    She walked past 16 of them, all noting the wrong floor in their number, and didn't notice that.

So she has the balls (pun intended) to walk into a marked unit that's not hers, not notice the unit number, nor different décor and shoots this guy, killing him.  That's so focking stupid she is likely not to be believed by the jury and ends up convicted of murder. (It is also possible to form the requisite intent within a short time span).  Did she or anyone say she was intoxicated at the time?

1 minute ago, Casual Observer said:

So she has the balls (pun intended) to walk into a marked unit that's not hers, not notice the unit number, nor different décor and shoots this guy, killing him.  That's so focking stupid she is likely not to be believed by the jury and ends up convicted of murder. (It is also possible to form the requisite intent within a short time span).  Did she or anyone say she was intoxicated at the time?

She was not intoxicated.  She came straight from work and had plans to hook up with a coworker for sex, which blows away her defense that she had worked for 12+ hours and was just so tired that she made a mistake walking in to the wrong apartment.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Even if she didn't notice the floor, the different décor on the floor, or the mat that she doesn't have, she claimed the door was ajar.  At that point her police training should have kicked in. This includes calling for backup and announcing yourself before going in.  Instead she snuck up on him and shot him.  Or confronted him and shot him.  

The State called other officers to the stand and had them point that, if it were them - that's what they would have done.

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

This true or false scenario is a flaw in righty thinking

Why, because it's a true statement that the left can't argue against?

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

The State called other officers to the stand and had them point that, if it were them - that's what they would have done.

So what’s the inference here? Are we supposed to infer her whole story is bullspit and something else was going on? Are we supposed to infer that she’s got an itchy trigger finger or looks for situations where she can play hero and fire her gun? Or are we just supposed to infer she’s a sh1tty cop?

Serious questions here because if it’s the first, well no other actual motive has been put forth so far as I know. If it’s the third then I’m not sure how it’s really all that relevant—she wasn’t in uniform and acting as a police officer at the time. Now the second one is interesting. Basically she should’ve backed off and called for assistance and assessed the situation, at which point her error would’ve become apparent. Instead she was itching for a battle and said “oh hell no, no way some degenerate breaks into MY apartment and lives to talk about it!”

Makes some sense. But then how’d she know it was just one guy and he wasn’t armed? What if it had been a true home invasion by a gang of armed criminals? She would’ve lost that gun fight.

So many questions...

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So what’s the inference here?

That is a good question - especially since the State has made no attempt to show a previous connection between the two.... I'm guessing it's more punch to illustrate her lack of regard for police training and protocol.

It's almost like the State brought murder chargers out of public pressure - but are really angling for manslaughter.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So what’s the inference here? Are we supposed to infer her whole story is bullspit and something else was going on? Are we supposed to infer that she’s got an itchy trigger finger or looks for situations where she can play hero and fire her gun? Or are we just supposed to infer she’s a sh1tty cop?

Serious questions here because if it’s the first, well no other actual motive has been put forth so far as I know. If it’s the third then I’m not sure how it’s really all that relevant—she wasn’t in uniform and acting as a police officer at the time. Now the second one is interesting. Basically she should’ve backed off and called for assistance and assessed the situation, at which point her error would’ve become apparent. Instead she was itching for a battle and said “oh hell no, no way some degenerate breaks into MY apartment and lives to talk about it!”

Makes some sense. But then how’d she know it was just one guy and he wasn’t armed? What if it had been a true home invasion by a gang of armed criminals? She would’ve lost that gun fight.

So many questions...

I would guess the inference is that she was negligent.  It does not appear that they are trying to prove murder 1 or 2.  They are looking at negligent homicide or manslaughter.  Based on her actions, that seems reasonable and consistent with what has been presented thus far.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Why, because it's a true statement that the left can't argue against?

I guess you are right..we cant argue with your made up scenario

33 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I guess you are right..we cant argue with your made up scenario

Fair enough, if you want to keep your head in the sand.

Is it legal to shoot someone dead for trespassing? What if a 4 year old wandered into her apartment? What if the person was 12? 16? Would a 90 year old also get shot?

Why is it okay to kill someone who isn't a threat??

A woman was in a car accident and knocked on someone's door for help and they shot her dead.

Knocking is considered a threat, sitting in your living room eating ice cream is a threat, walking home with Skittles is a threat, reaching for you wallet is a threat, holding a toy gun in Walmart while looking at paper towels is a threat....the list goes on.

• Like 1

She got scared. Because she has no experience with fighting. Her mind jumped right to "I'm going to get killed" instead of "I might get my ass kicked". You shouldn't be a cop unless you can defend yourself first, never mind someone else. But the standards have been lowered and this is what you get. 

I feel sorry for maintenance people if they're in the apartment when a scared resident comes home.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Is it legal to shoot someone dead for trespassing? What if a 4 year old wandered into her apartment? What if the person was 12? 16? Would a 90 year old also get shot?

Hellz yeah. It’s best to kill all those mofos 

• Haha 1

State rested today.  Defense starts up tomorrow.  From everything I've read and watched, I don't think they've proven anything above manslaughter.  This was a terrible accident caused by extreme negligence IMO.  We'll see how it goes for the Defense.

8 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Amber Guyger has taken the stand.

Man does she have a nice rack. :wub:

Eh.  She should have pulled an Ivanka.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Eh.  She should have pulled an Ivanka.

The ol' nipple defense

I'm sorry but rack or no rack she doesn't look nearly as good as her mugshot in real life. 

14 hours ago, Strike said:

I'm sorry but rack or no rack she doesn't look nearly as good as her mugshot in real life. 

Her attorneys have gone to great lengths to make her look as humble, homely and down to earth as possible.

Given the circumstances, I think she looks pretty hot.

Watched some of her testimony today and I get the impression that she’s sorry alright... sorry for herself. 

I get saying it, especially if you really mean how it will haunt you the rest of your life, but saying "I'm gonna have to live this the rest of my life", just sounds terrible.  

2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

I get saying it, especially if you really mean how it will haunt you the rest of your life, but saying "I'm gonna have to live this the rest of my life", just sounds terrible.  

Oh the horror. Im sure Botham Jean would gladly swap places with her.  

Cop murdered in the Bronx in the line of duty over the weekend. Missed it on the national news.  

On 9/26/2019 at 4:36 AM, peenie said:

Why is it okay to kill someone who isn't a threat??

A woman was in a car accident and knocked on someone's door for help and they shot her dead.

Knocking is considered a threat, sitting in your living room eating ice cream is a threat, walking home with Skittles is a threat, reaching for you wallet is a threat, holding a toy gun in Walmart while looking at paper towels is a threat....the list goes on.

It depends. Some states, Tennessee for one, have "safe castle laws" where if someone is in your home uninvited, there is a legal presumption that you are reasonably in fear of your life. 

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cop murdered in the Bronx in the line of duty over the weekend. Missed it on the national news.  

The 2 local news stations (that I caught) both ran with it... Awful story.

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

The 2 local news stations (that I caught) both ran with it... Awful story.

Really does. He was from the same town AOC pretends she's not from, Yorktown. Fordham grad, sounds like he was a great cop. Those projects where he was killed are massive and have been a shithole forever. Spent a lot of time in them.  

A cop in Houston took one to the back of the head by a career criminal.  I am so tired of these bleeding heart focks that think these animals can be rehabilitated.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

A cop in Houston took one to the back of the head by a career criminal.  I am so tired of these bleeding heart focks that think these animals can be rehabilitated.  

Bingo. 

On 9/25/2019 at 4:36 PM, peenie said:

what color is said 4 year old?

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

The case has gone to the jury now - they're in deliberations.

Prediction? I ask because you seem to have followed this pretty closely 

I predict that no matter what there will be no riots. If it were Baltimore my Prediction would be the opposite, regardless of the verdict. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Pain! :Mr-T:

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Guilty of manslaughter or hung.

The State failed to establish a prior connection between Jean/Guyger, the State failed to show premeditative intent, the State failed to prove murder.

Just now, Cruzer said:

Guilty of manslaughter or hung.

The State failed to establish a prior connection between Jean/Guyger, the State failed to show premeditative intent, the State failed to prove murder.

This would have been my prediction as well, but from what I read the judge made a big deal to the jury that they can apply the Castle doctrine in this case.  I hope they don't see it as an out to let her off.

The jury has sent 2 questions to the court:

* Clarification on the definition of manslaughter

* More info on the Castle Doctrine

Jury has returned a verdict:

GUILTY of Murder................... Wow, I'm shocked. Taking the stand may have bit her in the ass.

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Jury has rendered a verdict:

GUILTY of Murder................... Wow, I'm shocked. Taking the stand may have bit her in the ass.

Link?