RLLD

Trump threatens to close 'Southern Border entirely

A wall has been shown to be very effective in the right spot. Dismissing a wall is ignorant

Obviously you and many others don't know what he meant by that statement. :doh:

He didn't mean that they'd take out their pen and write America a check, but that Mexico would lose that economic balance on many levels.

Actually, he absolutely did, it was a campaign promise and his website still has the policy detail of it.

Pay for the Wall from DonaldJTrump.Com

The provision of the Patriot Act, Section 326 -the "know your

customer" provision, compelling financial institutions to demand identity

documents before opening accounts or conducting financial transactions is a

fundamental element of the outline below. That section authorized the

executive branch to issue detailed regulations on the subject, found at 31 CFR

130.120-121. It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-

10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year

after year. There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall

including the following:

Mexico paying for it is now Mexico paying for it with tariffs, which will immediately be passed along to US consumers. What a joke.

It was always this, anyone who took him literally is pretty stupid.

Trade tariffs don't cost Mexico anything, they are paid by US importers, who pass that cost to US Citizens. Saying that is Mexico paying for the wall through tarifffs is literally stupid.

So basically the President has shut down the government so he can break a campaign promise.

I have not noticed any pain in my wallet due to the Tarrifs. Anyone who can clue me in to how much they are costing the consumer? I have noticed my gas and oil prices being very low though.

Actually, he absolutely did, it was a campaign promise and his website still has the policy detail of it.

Trade tariffs don't cost Mexico anything, they are paid by US importers, who pass that cost to US Citizens. Saying that is Mexico paying for the wall through tarifffs is literally stupid.

So basically the President has shut down the government so he can break a campaign promise.

Trump also asked for $1.6b, got it, then rejected it and said he needed $5b, which by all estimates wouldnt pay for the continuous 35-foot wall he wants anyway. Its a joke.

Kudos to House Dems for holding the line this far. Once you give in to these types of stupid demands youre bound to get more of them.

Mother should I build the wall? Yes

Mother should I run for president? Yes

Mother should I trust the government? No

Mother will they put me in the firing line? No

• Like 1

In fact, illegal immigration costs taxpayers a staggering $134.9 billion a year while contributing only $19 billion in state, federal, and local taxes. At the federal level, medical costs make up the lions share of government expenditures on illegal immigrants, while education is the largest single expense that illegal immigration imposes on state and local governments.

Sadly, an overloaded welfare state is not the only negative side-effect of our broken immigration system. Communities across America are also being devastated by the violent crime and drug trafficking that result from our failure to control the border an issue Donald Trump has addressed repeatedly and emphatically ever since he first announced his candidacy for president.

So here are just a few statistics on the human toll of illegal immigration, the president said in June. According to a 2011 government report, the arrests attached to the criminal alien population included an estimated 25,000 people for homicide, 42,000 for robbery, nearly 70,000 for sex offenses, and nearly 15,000 for kidnapping,

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/americans-want-border-security-and-the-numbers-show-it

FACTS: from the US Dept. of Homeland Security on our Southern Border

38% increase in methamphetamines

22% increase in heroin

73% increase in fentanyl

1/7 million lbs. of narcotic seized in 2018

"17,000 adults at the southern border with existing criminal records arrested by CBP and border agents (FY18)

"3,755 known or suspected terrorists prevented from traveling to or entering the U.S. by DHS (FY17)"

"6,000 gang members, including MS-13, apprehended at the southern border and removed by ICE"

"Each year criminal organizations gain $2.5 billion in profit from migrant smuggling"

"Over the last five years, we have seen a 2,000% increase in asylum claims, yet 72% of migrants report making the journey for economic reasons and therefore would not typically qualify for asylum."

A wall has been shown to be very effective in the right spot. Dismissing a wall is ignorant

it worked for china, prolly pennies on the dollar.

I have not noticed any pain in my wallet due to the Tarrifs. Anyone who can clue me in to how much they are costing the consumer? I have noticed my gas and oil prices being very low though.

You dont seem to be the type to be affected by much, so I wouldnt worry about any of this if I were you.

Of course there will be some pain but here is the difference between the Left and Right.

Conservatives are willing to suffer some pain for a better outcome whereas Liberals would rather continue taking it up the butt rather than suffer any kind of disruption in their lives.

You dont seem to be the type to be affected by much, so I wouldnt worry about any of this if I were you.

So none or you don't know. Just say that or say nothing. Thanks

The Dems are paying this one smart. They dont care about the money, in fact they dont actually care about anything other than doing something that translates to votes. Its not about the money, its mostly about doing something to Trump, and to a lesser extend something to republicans. Its also about playing to a wider voter base and using this scenario as a tool for manipulation of voters.

The Dems should be able to use this situation to their considerable benefit, hard to see any way for Trump to win this. Trump cant get out of his own way, is alienating people around him who could help.....what a mess

The Dems are paying this one smart. They dont care about the money, in fact they dont actually care about anything other than doing something that translates to votes. Its not about the money, its mostly about doing something to Trump, and to a lesser extend something to republicans. Its also about playing to a wider voter base and using this scenario as a tool for manipulation of voters.

The Dems should be able to use this situation to their considerable benefit, hard to see any way for Trump to win this. Trump cant get out of his own way, is alienating people around him who could help.....what a mess

Disagree. Trump is playing the long game. As long as this goes on, immigration, which has shown to be a losing subject for the democrats, stays out front. The longer it goes, the more crimes will be committed by illegals, and Trump will be the one saying I'll protect you and stop this, they want to let them in.

Trump wanted $1.6b for the wall he said Mexico would pay for, got it and now demands $5b and says he will keep the govt shut down for years if he doesnt get it.

4D chess or tempter tantrum? :unsure:

Disagree. Trump is playing the long game. As long as this goes on, immigration, which has shown to be a losing subject for the democrats, stays out front. The longer it goes, the more crimes will be committed by illegals, and Trump will be the one saying I'll protect you and stop this, they want to let them in.

He might be, but I have my doubts, he typically behaves pretty reactively, long-term game is just not what I think of from him. All things being equal, I think the shut down tilts more moderates away from him and toward the Dems. JMHO, but I think this one is a loser for him.

Most people care about illegal immigration because if you are sane you understand that its too expensive to allow it to continue unabated. If you are lower middle class or lower, you should be all in opposing illegal immigration, because they are a direct threat to your employment as well as to any moderation of taxes.

I think the rest of people will look at how the leftist media will cry about how so many people are being harmed by the shutdown etc, as if they give even the slightest of focks about those people. At this point its a propoganda war, and the media is predominantly liberal, and tilting hard toward leftist at this point,

Nah, this is a big loser for Trump. Best case....he finds a way to avoid being impeached by backing down

Hell, if you're an illegal immigrant here now you should be against anymore coming in. They will be the first ones affected by an influx.

The shutdown may help Trump with his base but it will hurt him with everyone else.

Said Mexico would pay for it

Said he would love a shutdown

Asked for $1.6b, got it and rejected it

Said most furloughed workers are Dems

Said he would keep it going for months or years

$5b wouldnt buy the wall anyway

Huge fail with everyone but loyal Trumpers.

They love being lied to.

Trump should have said that he didn't want a wall, then the Democrats would have built it.

I thought Mexico was going to build it? :lol:

I thought Mexico was going to build it? :lol:

You need a new line. " If you like your Dr , you can keep your Dr " should do. :wave:

You need a new line. " If you like your Dr , you can keep your Dr " should do. :wave:

The Mexico plan didnt work out?

Its really not about the wall or even immigration, at this point its just about Trump. The Dem's and their propaganda wing(CNN/MSNBC) are all in to harm Trump. They have nothing else at this point, are completely devoid any actual ideas, now exist solely to oppose Trump, regardless of the situation, its pretty fascinating.

Trump should have said that he didn't want a wall, then the Democrats would have built it.

he could just tell his base they already built the wall ..... they'll believe him.

its just about Trump.

No sh!t. The clips of every last one of these focking clowns saying exactly what Trump is wanting to do are all over the place. It's hilarious

he could just tell his base they already built the wall ..... they'll believe him.

His base isn't what got him elected. It was former Democrats.

Snap!!!

Fact checking for anyone who cares.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/05/politics/dhs-border-control-presentation/index.html

I swear, the last two press availabilities that Trump has done? The dude is gone Flatout bunkers. I think that alone time over the holiday where he just spent watching TV 24/7 made him even nuttier than usual.

But 99% of you haven't bothered to watch his press conferences. Honest to God, I think the pressure is getting to him. Did this whole Riff on the Soviet Union and Afghanistan and I don't even think his biggest allies could tell you what the fucck he was babbling about. His stats on the border? Are so obviously and provably false that you wonder if he even believes what he's saying.

I didn't know we stopped that many terrorists. That's a lot.

I didn't know we stopped that many terrorists. That's a lot.

Yeah, we didn't. That's a perfect example. Can you imagine if we actually were stopping over 10 terrorists per day at our Southern border? Don't you think that would have made the news?

Turns out, if you take every airport and every government in the world that has somebody on a no-fly list for example the tries to get a ticket into the United States? For whatever reason, they are added to that list. They make up the 4000.

So, to spell it out? And some Farquaad from Syria who isn't actually part of a recognized terrorist group, but is banned because we're not allowing syrians into America, if that person tries to get a ticket to America flying out of Berlin? Somehow that Syrian guy in Germany is apparently considered stopped at our Southern border. LOL

Boggles the frigging mind.

I don't care where we stopped them. That's a lot of terrorists. They're obviously trying to get here. Best we shore up everything

What do those who deal with the border and illegal immigrants think ? They know more than any one of us or any Congress member.

How do they feel about the wall ?

They are the only opinion that has any validity and that matters.

Anyone know their professional, educated, in the thick of the mess opinion on the matter?

There's another one. The number of criminals that we stopped at the border? Well, Trump and his crew consider anyone trying to cross the border, including six year olds who legally apply for Asylum and get rejected for whatever reason. Literally anyone who crosses the Border as an immigrant or Refugee is a criminal.

Ipso facto, Cheese! Look at the massive number of criminals we stopped at the border!

Really, when you start reading into it, there isn't one statistic that wasn't convoluted in one fashion or another.

If the need was so justifiably urgent, you really wouldn't have to lie about the numbers.

And I'm not even necessarily against the wall. Just cut the shiit already.

What do those who deal with the border and illegal immigrants think ? They know more than any one of us or any Congress member.

How do they feel about the wall ?

They are the only opinion that has any validity and that matters.

Anyone know their professional, educated, in the thick of the mess opinion on the matter?

You know the problem with that? It's like going to a Ford employee and asking, hey! How would you feel yes the American government wanted to pass a 25 billion dollar Ford stimulus bill that pays people to buy Ford vehicles? How do you feel about that?

What do you think they're going to say?

If I'm a BPA and somebody's offering to add 25 billion dollars to our budget? Oh hells yeah. Whether ot includes a wall or not. Hell, it could include flying monkeys for all I care. Just as long as my department gets a 25 billion dollar budget increase.

Wow. Just saw the normally Trump friendly Wall Street journal said about Trump's bizarre ramblings about the Soviets going into Afghanistan the other day. Here I'm quoting,

We cannot recall a more absurd misstatement of history by an American president.

We cannot recall a more absurd misstatement of history by an American president.

"If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it."

- Barack Obama, 2013 Lie of the Year

Game. Set. Match.

• Like 1

"If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it."

- Barack Obama, 2013 Lie of the Year

Game. Set. Match.

well I'm not sure what game set or match you're playing, but it appears to be about 6 years old. LOL

You going to crank out some Whoppers from Millard Fillmore next?

well I'm not sure what game set or match you're playing, but it appears to be about 6 years old. LOL

You going to crank out some Whoppers from Millard Fillmore next?

I don't know what you're talkin about, because your post stated that Trump's was the most absurd statement in history.

Read that last word: history.

That includes all of presidential history, including six years ago. You opened the door and now are crying about it because you just got trumped with a more absurd statement.

I accept your apology.