JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

How many times are you going to bump your own thread? There it’s not going to be a Civil War. The left are a bunch of cowards and the right has too much to lose.

nice evidence to support your view.

1 minute ago, riversco said:

nice evidence to support your view.

Should we put money on it? What would the time limit be? 1 year, 5 years, 100 years?

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Should we put money on it? What would the time limit be? 1 year, 5 years, 100 years?

i like how when people have no evidence to support their view, they resort to betting.  you are basically admitting I'm right by posting that.

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

i like how when people have no evidence to support their view, they resort to betting.  you are basically admitting I'm right by posting that.

You have no evidence, just a bunch of opinions. If you are  right the bet should be a lock, name it!

2 hours ago, riversco said:

How can you think that someone that is willing to back up his views with his money is admitting he is wrong?  That makes no sense at all. 

Funny liberals going nuts in this thread:

1.  Liberals will call you nuts.

2.  They will ask for evidence, even in the very thread that supplies evidence.

3. When told the evidence is in the thread, they say they are too busy to bother reading it.

4. When I supply more evidence, now they switch their complaint up and ask why I am bumping my own thread.

5. They will again ask for evidence.

6. They will just assert I'm wrong without evidence of their own.

7. When asked for evidence for their views, they try to make a wager instead.

8. Then they tell me I'm not making any sense.

Get help.

4 hours ago, Bill E. said:

How can you think that someone that is willing to back up his views with his money is admitting he is wrong?  That makes no sense at all. 

You are admitting you have no evidence to back up your claims by trying to wager instead of producing it.

2 hours ago, riversco said:

3. When told the evidence is in the thread, they say they are too busy to bother reading it.

4. When I supply more evidence, now they switch their complaint up and ask why I am bumping my own thread.

Get help.

So baker boy is a liberal to you...

Christ man... 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, riversco said:

Get help.

What's really funny is when everyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is considered a liberal.  That's hilarious.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

@RLLD eating their own here Ray?

I don't follow

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I don't follow

see the post above mine.  riversco is calling baker boy a liberal.  almost as funny as 90sbaby calling Eternal a Conservacuck in his real conservatives thread.  I can see you "not following", these dont fit your "its the leftists" narrative.

• Like 1

Regardless of political affiliation, the vast majority of people in this country have it far too good to ever consider civil war.

It’s just not gonna happen in our lifetimes.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What's really funny is when everyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is considered a liberal.  That's hilarious.

Not as funny as those who claim they aren't but can't help but support every liberal agenda. :lol:

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Not as funny as those who claim they aren't but can't help but support every liberal agenda. :lol:

Why don't you list all of the liberal agendas I support?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why don't you list all of the liberal agendas I support?

Who said I was talking about you? :dunno:

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Regardless of political affiliation, the vast majority of people in this country have it far too good to ever consider civil war.

This is the mindset that I have as well.  Why would people want to risk giving up what they have and how many people actually believe in a civil war enough to give it up?  I don't think I know of a single person that would be willing to support a civil war unless it's something they keep to themselves.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Who said I was talking about you? :dunno:

That's true, but you did quote me which made it look like you were directing it towards me.  I think you don't have an answer to what I asked so this was how you deflected from it though.  :dunno:

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

That's true, but you did quote me which made it look like you were directing it towards me.  I think you don't have an answer to what I asked so this was how you deflected from it though.  :dunno:

Well, now that I think about it, you do claim to not be liberal. so perhaps you can name a few non liberal agendas to which you subscribe.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think I know of a single person that would be willing to support a civil war unless it's something they keep to themselves.

I have a few FB acquaintances that recently posted their oaths of enlistment :unsure:

1 minute ago, nzoner said:

I have a few FB acquaintances that recently posted their oaths of enlistment :unsure:

Seems like such a strange thing to do.  I don't really get it.

1 minute ago, nzoner said:

He lives in Iowa, probably the suburbs I’m assuming. They have no idea what it’s like when immigrants quite literally take over your community. All the stuff he repeats is easy to say from afar. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Seems like such a strange thing to do.  I don't really get it.

One of them is not a close friend but I know him well enough to know he's fed up and is very vocal about it.

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

He lives in Iowa, probably the suburbs I’m assuming. They have no idea what it’s like when immigrants quite literally take over your community. All the stuff he repeats is easy to say from afar. 

On the contrary.  Who do you think works at all of the meet processing plants in the middle of no where?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Well, now that I think about it, you do claim to not be liberal. so perhaps you can name a few non liberal agendas to which you subscribe.  :thumbsup:

I support the 2nd Amendment.  I value personal liberty.  I am pro-business.  I value traditions.  I do not support forcing beliefs on others.  I believe we have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  I do not like the government being overly involved in our lives.

Just now, Drizzay said:

On the contrary.  Who do you think works at all of the meet processing plants in the middle of no where?

This is our city to a tee,12 years ago it was a quiet city of around 70,000 a serious crime now and then but very little.Then in came a pork processing plant and we now lead the state of Missouri in car thefts,the police scanner reports shots fired basically every night and home burglary is out of control.

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Suburbs?  Suburbs of what?  I live outside a town of 4,000 people.  It's the largest town within 20 miles.  We have a small black population and the majority live in one apartment complex that most of the locals do not like.  There is a pretty big Mexican population throughout Iowa.  There are quite a few Mexican kids that go to the Catholic school I send my kids to.  Most of the Mexicans here work on farms and in factories.

8 minutes ago, nzoner said:

One of them is not a close friend but I know him well enough to know he's fed up and is very vocal about it.

Has he been personally affected that he's so fed up about it?  I'm trying to understand how someone gets to the point where they are ready to join a militia and start a civil war.  I can't help but think there's a lot of hate inside people like that.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Suburbs?  Suburbs of what?  I live outside a town of 4,000 people.  It's the largest town within 20 miles.  We have a small black population and the majority live in one apartment complex that most of the locals do not like.  There is a pretty big Mexican population throughout Iowa.  There are quite a few Mexican kids that go to the Catholic school I send my kids to.  Most of the Mexicans here work on farms and in factories.

Trust me, you don’t get it Iowa boy. All this stuff you preach is easy to say from afar. Go spend a few years in the SE and It’ll all make sense

8 hours ago, riversco said:

You are admitting you have no evidence to back up your claims by trying to wager instead of producing it.

I haven’t seen your evidence so FO

This is the dumbest thread we have had in a long time. Civil War in the USA give me a break!

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Trust me, you don’t get it Iowa boy. All this stuff you preach is easy to say from afar. Go spend a few years in the SE and It’ll all my sense

I won't pretend to know what it's like where you live.  I also don't know what you think I'm preaching right now.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Has he been personally affected that he's so fed up about it?  I'm trying to understand how someone gets to the point where they are ready to join a militia and start a civil war.  I can't help but think there's a lot of hate inside people like that.

Read my comment above about what our city has become since a pork processing plant moved in about 10 years ago.

16 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Immigrants that’ll take lower wages than any real American would, ultimately screwing us all in the long run. 

Lots of criminals in Mexico and Central America.  A lot of them come here. Fact.  

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Immigrants that’ll take lower wages than any real American would, ultimately screwing us all in the long run. 

That’s true but the real culprit is the US company that’s hiring them. 

35 minutes ago, MDC said:

That’s true but the real culprit is the US company that’s hiring them. 

A businesses main goal is to make more profit than the competition. If the factory down the street is hiring immigrants your hand is kind of forced. Make it so these companies don’t even have the option to hire these people. 

18 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

A businesses main goal is to make more profit than the competition. If the factory down the street is hiring immigrants your hand is kind of forced. Make it so these companies don’t even have the option to hire these people. 

Nobody wants to hold businesses feet to the fire on this issue. For all the talks about walls etc. I haven’t heard anything about an eVerify mandate or stiffer penalties for businesses that hire illegals. Hell it’s legal for businesses to bring in visa workers under almost any pretext and to offshore their operations and hide their income in overseas shelters. You don’t hear much about that either.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MDC said:

Nobody wants to hold businesses feet to the fire on this issue. For all the talks about walls etc. I haven’t heard anything about an eVerify mandate or stiffer penalties for businesses that hire illegals. Hell it’s legal for businesses to bring in visa workers under almost any pretext and to offshore their operations and hide their income in overseas shelters. You don’t hear much about that either.

We would do both if it were up to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

We would do both if it were up to me. 

:thumbsup: 

7 hours ago, vuduchile said:

I'm not so sure anymore. We've gotten soft, for sure, but people are getting fed up. Public discourse is starting to resemble GC discourse. That doesn't bode well for civility going forward.

We may see a state like Texas try to secede at some point to stave off the influx of liberals rooning the state. Then what happens?

I'm not saying it will happen. I'm just saying it doesn't seem as far fetched as it used to seem.