Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Baltimore mayor taking "leave of absence"

So, Baltimore mayor self publishes a children's book, then several health care companies buy hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of her book in exchange for deals with the state.  Oh, and did I mention she was on the board of one of these organizations?   Ray, isn't this in your neck of the woods?  Getting much coverage?

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/04/01/baltimore-mayor-pugh-to-take-leave-of-absence-amid-healthy-holly-book-controversy/

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/04/01/hogan-wants-pugh-umms-investigation/

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

So, Baltimore mayor self publishes a children's book, then several health care companies buy hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of her book in exchange for deals with the state.  Oh, and did I mention she was on the board of one of these organizations?   Ray, isn't this in your neck of the woods?  Getting much coverage?

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/04/01/baltimore-mayor-pugh-to-take-leave-of-absence-amid-healthy-holly-book-controversy/

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/04/01/hogan-wants-pugh-umms-investigation/

Ton's of coverage.  Local media is making some sly assertions about her dirty dealing in the background, but its mostly with kid gloves as media is prone to do with Democrats, AA's, women....

This is being done under the guise of "health concerns" but we all know what is happening here. 

To a certain extent it is shame, she seemed moderately competent, and up to recently not involved in the corruption that pervades the city.  I guess it is hard to live in among the filth without getting dirty.

The Democratic corruption in the city goes back decades, and has really damaged the city in ways that would take decades to repair.

Giving Chicago a run for their money.

1 hour ago, Drizzay said:

Wheres Clay Davis when you need him?

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I came here to post this.

Link

It is telling, as the Sun reported last week, that another public-health concern, Johns Hopkins Health System, said Ms. Pugh, at the time a state senator, had asked one of its senior employees to purchase “Healthy Holly” books on the system’s behalf. The employee refused — apparently one of the few instances in which a representative of a respected Maryland institution chose to do the right thing.

Gov. Larry Hogan (R) has called for a criminal investigation. The Maryland state prosecutor has initiated an inquiry, according to Ms. Pugh’s lawyer. The Baltimore City Ethics Board is also looking into the scandal, and the City Council has called for her resignation. That would seem the least she could do for Baltimore, having deepened the woes of a city that already was struggling with crime and dysfunction

This is just sad.  She came into office with a ton of promise.  To hear that she just behaved like the typical politician just sucks.  Can any city, anywhere, ever get a decent leader???

18 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Link

This is just sad.  She came into office with a ton of promise.  To hear that she just behaved like the typical politician just sucks.  Can any city, anywhere, ever get a decent leader???

Detroit has had good leadership and is hugely improved with a term and a half of Mike Duggan but the challenges of rising from rock bottom are ongoing. At least we have the right guy steering the ship..

Democrats don't have promise they don't have leadership. Every last one of them run their city into the ground and take what they can on the way down.

54 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Detroit has had good leadership and is hugely improved with a term and a half of Mike Duggan but the challenges of rising from rock bottom are ongoing. At least we have the right guy steering the ship..

Here is one dude that has faith in Detroit:

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2018/08/20/this-map-shows-all-of-the-detroit-buildings-owned-by-dan-gilbert

On 4/2/2019 at 1:18 PM, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Ton's of coverage.  Local media is making some sly assertions about her dirty dealing in the background, but its mostly with kid gloves as media is prone to do with Democrats, AA's, women....

This is being done under the guise of "health concerns" but we all know what is happening here. 

To a certain extent it is shame, she seemed moderately competent, and up to recently not involved in the corruption that pervades the city.  I guess it is hard to live in among the filth without getting dirty.

The Democratic corruption in the city goes back decades, and has really damaged the city in ways that would take decades to repair.

I read that the last time a Republican held office in the city of Baltimore was back in the 1940's I believe.  So, yeah, clearly the Democrats are the only corrupt politicians in the city.

2 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Link

No, because it's a big city and big city's only have Democrats.

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No, because it's a big city and big city's only have Democrats.

Big city Dems come in various degrees of competence and integrity.

13 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

How come he's taking a leave of absence instead of getting arrested?

It's not at all clear what is going on, likely alot, but perhaps to honor that idiot who let Smollett off we have to let her off too.

This morning they are reporting three aids have been dismissed, may face prosecution....there could be much more to come...it will be an awful lot of people to let go free on this one, but they are Dem's.....so they likely walk away without issue....

So is the system being misogynistic or racist in this instance?   We all know that accountability is both of these things......

Democrats running the cities.....yeah, corrupt is just part of the job....

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Democrats Politician running the cities.....yeah, corrupt is just part of the job....

FTFY

Also, lock her up for the rest of her life!  These are the type of people that should get longer sentences due to abusing a position of trust.

19 hours ago, Kanil said:

Also, lock her up for the rest of her life!  These are the type of people that should get longer sentences due to abusing a position of trust.

Racist.....

1 hour ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Please list the Republican ran cities that are sh!tholes like Baltimore, New Orleans, Detroit, Chicago, etc.......

If you don't think there are examples of corrupt republicans out there, I don't think we can have a conversation about political corruption.

1 hour ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Please list the Republican ran cities that are sh!tholes like Baltimore, New Orleans, Detroit, Chicago, etc.......

Not easy to do since Republicans only run like 8 of the Top 50 cities.

The only truly big city with a GOP mayor is San Diego, which has one of the highest homeless populations in the US. Jacksonville, El Paso, Fort Worth and Mesa all have high crime rates and poverty. 

Clearly voters have seen how the GOP has mismanaged burgs like Tulsa SNF they’re in no hurry to give a Republican a try with a big boy city.

5 minutes ago, Kanil said:

If you don't think there are examples of corrupt republicans out there, I don't think we can have a conversation about political corruption.

If you can't bring evidence of your claims I don't think we can have a conversation about anything.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not easy to do since Republicans only run like 8 of the Top 50 cities.

The only truly big city with a GOP mayor is San Diego, which has one of the highest homeless populations in the US. Jacksonville, El Paso, Fort Worth and Mesa all have high crime rates and poverty. 

Clearly voters have seen how the GOP has mismanaged burgs like Tulsa SNF they’re in no hurry to give a Republican a try with a big boy city.

Thanks for replying with evidence.

I'd ask though, is San Deigo's homeless population an issue with the Mayor or the Governor? It's a sanctuary state with a lot of liberal policies statewide and the liberal laws of the state override that of a city. 

6 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

I'd ask though, is San Deigo's homeless population an issue with the Mayor or the Governor? 

Maryland has a Republican Governor. Maybe Baltimore is his fault? 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Maryland has a Republican Governor. Maybe Baltimore is his fault? 

Good retort.

So overall, urban sh!tholes are usually run by Dems. 

2 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Good retort.

So overall, urban sh!tholes are usually run by Dems. 

The big ones. Republicans only seem to be trusted with little sh1tholes.

Have you ever been to El Paso? I have. I definitely wasn’t thinking “Whoever is running this ship should get a crack at cleaning up Baltimore!!”

Just now, MDC said:

The big ones. Republicans only seem to be trusted with little sh1tholes.

Have you ever been to El Paso? I have. I definitely wasn’t thinking “Whoever is running this ship should get a crack at cleaning up Baltimore!!”

I wonder how many cities in Alabama are GOP ran. Birmingham and Mobilie are focking sh!tholes too.

4 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

I wonder how many cities in Alabama are GOP ran. Birmingham and Mobilie are focking sh!tholes too.

Birmingham is run by a Dem, Mobile by a Rep. The Governor is a Rep though. The nice thing is you can blame whatever party you want there. :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

If you can't bring evidence of your claims I don't think we can have a conversation about anything.

So answer this straight.  Don't give a non-answer it with a question.

Do you think political corruption is ONLY a democrat issue?

6 minutes ago, Kanil said:

So answer this straight.  Don't give a non-answer it with a question.

Do you think political corruption is ONLY a democrat issue?

Not by a long shot. There are Republicans that are corrupt as fock. Mitt Romney comes to mind. John McCain was corrupt as sh!t.

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

Not by a long shot. There are Republicans that are corrupt as fock. Mitt Romney comes to mind. John McCain was corrupt as sh!t.

Well then we're in agreement.  Why are we arguing?