The Observer

What concerts do you have coming up?

On 4/13/2023 at 2:04 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Zac Brown in August. My first country show. 

So I saw this band over the weekend in Bethel Woods, the place where Woodstock was held. Great show, great venue. Really kicked in halfway through the show. Very talented band and he lets them all have a turn. Some really good covers. U2, Garth Brooks, Pink Floyd, Whitney Houston/ Dolly Parton and more. Lots of hotties rocking the country girl look, boots and a cowboy hat. Some didn’t pull it off though. Lots of patriots on hand, and it was good to stomp on the holy ground of all those dirty hippies from the 60’s.  Great time! 

On 4/13/2023 at 11:04 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Zac Brown in August. My first country show. 

I really don’t t love country, but I like these guys

🍻

The last couple of days, I thought I might be going to see Mercyful Fate in November. Then I realized the concert was last year. :mad:

• Haha 1

I just saw Def Leppard and Motley Crue Sunday night. Def Leppard was really sharp/good. Motley Crue doesn't sound solid, but still entertained.

I’m going to see modest mouse later this year. Not really a fan of their newer stuff though, I have fairly expectations, really.

Saw em like 20 years ago and they weren’t that good because the lead singer was sh1thoused

Seminal punk band NOFX has announced their 40th anniversary tour will be their last. Some friends and I are coordinating a trip to Denver in July for a 2 night stand. Not many things are better than getting a mile high to see a HOF worthy punk band.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Seminal punk band NOFX has announced their 40th anniversary tour will be their last. Some friends and I are coordinating a trip to Denver in July for a 2 night stand. Not many things are better than getting a mile high to see a HOF worthy punk band.

:thumbsup:

It's great traveling as needed to see limited tours that skip the PNW.  I've met up w my son in SLC and DEN for a couple different shows.  Nice short flights from Seattle and Portland. 

The Stones are playing in April at The New Orleans Jazz Fest & Heritage at the New Orleans fairgrounds. I’ve seen them twice at the Superdome. I’m contemplating it, but I’m to old deal with those large crowds for big name acts. I’m a Jazz Fest veteran. Have been going since I was seven and never missed a year until Covid, my fractured leg, and bands I’ve already seen a few times. I might.

This is what the crowds look like for the big names…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DonS said:

:thumbsup:

It's great traveling as needed to see limited tours that skip the PNW.  I've met up w my son in SLC and DEN for a couple different shows.  Nice short flights from Seattle and Portland. 

It's fun as hell traveling for shows. I usually prefer to drive if it's reasonable, but I like long road trips more than most. I sure hope it's a great weekend of shows. I'm probably choosing this over a Hagar/ Anthony/ Satriani Van Halen tribute tour stop at Red Rocks in October. Don't think I can do both.

4 minutes ago, Fnord said:

It's fun as hell traveling for shows. I usually prefer to drive if it's reasonable, but I like long road trips more than most. I sure hope it's a great weekend of shows. I'm probably choosing this over a Hagar/ Anthony/ Satriani Van Halen tribute tour stop at Red Rocks in October. Don't think I can do both.

I'll be seeing the original G3 lineup of Satriani/Steve Vai/Eric Johnson in January 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

I'll be seeing the original G3 lineup of Satriani/Steve Vai/Eric Johnson in January 

Day-um! Nice. :headbanger:

Ooops. I got distracted making pudding. This is Jazz Fest. A bucket list must 

About to go see Meshuggah tonight with my son / his fiance and my daughter / her boyfriend. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DonS said:

About to go see Meshuggah tonight with my son / his fiance and my daughter / her boyfriend. 

Fun show.  Best part of the night was seeing a dude with a shirt that said "Smell The Glove". 😂

Bought a ticket for Between The Buried And Me when they peform their Colors II album in entirely.

Havent listened to a bunch of BTBAM but my daughter's BF suggested I check out their “Anatomy Of" album.  Turns out it's a covers album where they do decent covers of bands like Queen, Pink Floyd, Soundgarden,  and most surprisingly Motley Crue. :shocking:

Now I need to plan something special for my wife's bday since I'm going to this show on her actual birthday.  It's a Tuesday but she made it clear I'd better step up. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

Now I need to plan something special for my wife's bday since I'm going to this show on her actual birthday.  It's a Tuesday but she made it clear I'd better step up. :rolleyes:

MUA

On 11/22/2023 at 12:07 PM, Fnord said:

Tranny rock. Lol. 

I'm not into going to concerts but I did buy tickets for def leppard at Comerica park.

• Like 1

I really want to go see phish at the sphere

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

MUA

Maybe if it was my  birthday....

Jackson Dean next week

Warren Zeiders Feb 2

Brothers Osborne and Larry Fleet in march

Morgan wallen/ Bryan Martin and Def Leppard/Journey, Steve Miller band in July

Going to try and squeeze in Blackberry Smoke if i can. Im sure ill catch something else. 

I mentioned in passing here that my wife and I saw Marc Cohn this past Tuesday.  30+ years ago we danced to True Companion as our first song.  Still love the lyrics.

But on a more rocking note, I'm going with my son and his GF to see Tool on 2/10.  My son's GF is kinda shy and it's been a little bit of a challenge getting to know her.  When Tool announced this extra date, I asked my son if he wanted to go with me.  His response was something like, "yeah sure, I like Tool, but GF really likes them."  Bought 3 tickets then as Christmas gifts.  :cheers: 

An added twist is that 2/10 is Saturday, the day before the SB.  Or as it is known in Phoenix, the day 100K+ people get blotto at the WM Phoenix Open.  So it might be a particularly fun crowd.  :D 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 5:28 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tranny rock. Lol. 

Meh. You're too old and close minded to be able to appreciate it. One needs to have stamina, a sense of humor, and tolerance for other humans that don't think and look exactly like yourself to enjoy events like this. 

Stay angry, Twatadour. It's the one thing you're good at.

Saw Tool Friday night. 

Going to BOC in March and Judas Priest in May. 

• Like 1

Wife just went to a STYX / REO Speedwagon concert in Orlando after getting free tickets (obviously).

Apparently STYX now plays without the original lead singer. She said they sucked, and much preferred REO.

On my way to see Satriani/Vai/Johnson.

Haven't listened to much Vai at all.  He's amazingly skilled but the few songs of his I've heard sound a bit masturbatory vs musical.  Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Satriani on the other hand is able to showcase his remarkable skill without forsaking melody. 

Looking forward to Eric Johnson. Listened to Ah Via Musicom a sh1t ton in college.

Vai just finished. Masturbatory yes but I could watch so it was awesome.  :banana:

Satriani was awesome, but if I had to pick one to see again it would definitely be Eric Johnson. :pointstosky:

• Like 1

Just found out the Pixies are swinging through this summer. Gonna need to see that one.

• Like 1

Just bought two tickets to see Portugal. the Man at a small venue (1200) in KC in May :headbanger:

song that just came out 2 days ago:

I have Evil Friends, Woodstock and In the Mountain in the Cloud all on vinyl, so I really like them and have yet to see them live :)

Rumors circulating about AC/DC announcing a world tour next week. Haven't seen them since 2000 or 2001. Gonna have to catch them this time, never know if it'll be the last chance.

We just got Tix this morning to see Stevie Nicks in Denver in a couple of months.  $177/ticket for nose bleed seats.  Thanks TicketNazis.

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

We just got Tix this morning to see Stevie Nicks in Denver in a couple of months.  $177/ticket for nose bleed seats.  Thanks TicketNazis.

You won't regret it.

Flying down to see HAKEN in LA this weekend. :pointstosky:

Earlier this week I bought a ticket to see a band called Wheel.  Finnish band which has some TOOL-like vibes. 

Show is at a tiny venue in May so should be fun.  Tickets were only $15.  Fun to see at checkout that the "service fee" for purchasing online was almost 50% of the ticket price ($7.48)!  Fockers.

@jerryskids - I believe they are playing in PHX area so you might want to check them out. 

3 hours ago, DonS said:

Flying down to see HAKEN in LA this weekend. :pointstosky:

Earlier this week I bought a ticket to see a band called Wheel.  Finnish band which has some TOOL-like vibes. 

Show is at a tiny venue in May so should be fun.  Tickets were only $15.  Fun to see at checkout that the "service fee" for purchasing online was almost 50% of the ticket price ($7.48)!  Fockers.

@jerryskids - I believe they are playing in PHX area so you might want to check them out. 

Thanks. Speaking of Tool, I'm going to see them Saturday with my son and his girlfriend. :headbanger:

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks. Speaking of Tool, I'm going to see them Saturday with my son and his girlfriend. :headbanger:

That's why I suggested them to you. :thumbsup: