IGotWorms

Is it time to get out of the market?

33 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

You dont think poor earnings are already built into prices? I would be running to shelter in the big names

Microsoft, wal-mart- Amazon- Apple yadda yadda

Sorry.. it's next week...got my week off.

I think for the majority you would think so... the knee jerk is real though.

15 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

I think we are in huge trouble as a country if oil keeps going this way

Trump will step in and save us once again.  Sliding tariff such that imported oil must cost $30 a barrel.  If you're selling for $10, we charge a $20 tariff.  If you're selling for $29, we're charging a $1 tariff.  We charge no tariff over $30.

Money machine go brrrrrr

I want to sell everything and jump back out. Give me one good reason not to?

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I want to sell everything and jump back out. Give me one good reason not to?

I sold everything 1 day before the peak. Almost timed it perfectly. Waiting to see that happens when we hit S&P 2630.

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I sold everything 1 day before the peak. Almost timed it perfectly. Waiting to see that happens when we hit S&P 2630.

I think the next set of earnings will tell us a lot. I think we have another 5-10% drop possible. Still some queasy feelings.

Was checking my Zoom stock (ZM) this morning and it was still up ($150), but this afternoon it was totally down($143)! I may have to sell first thing tomorrow morning. It could go back up, but I knew it was going to sink eventually. I just thought I'd have another week. 

15 minutes ago, peenie said:

Was checking my Zoom stock (ZM) this morning and it was still up ($150), but this afternoon it was totally down($143)! I may have to sell first thing tomorrow morning. It could go back up, but I knew it was going to sink eventually. I just thought I'd have another week. 

Tech stocks took a hit today. Don’t panic. It will probably bump up again tomorrow. The key with them is whether they have any security vulnerabilities that are found in their platform.

Of course, if you are happy with the profit you have now, feel free to bail.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Sell it and buy index funds 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

I have been waiting for QQQ to drop more, but it just won’t do it enough for me. I may have to just buy some for a little more than I would like to pay.

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I have been waiting for QQQ to drop more, but it just won’t do it enough for me. I may have to just buy some for a little more than I would like to pay.

How long do you plan to keep QQQ?

7 minutes ago, peenie said:

I keep my stuff long term in most cases. I keep buying over time. By long-term, I have some funds that I have had for 20 years. I would be buying QQQ for at least a 5 year horizon. 

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I keep my stuff long term in most cases. I keep buying over time. By long-term, I have some funds that I have had for 20 years. I would be buying QQQ for at least a 5 year horizon. 

Okay, thanks! 

Feel free to share any other must have funds. Cdub was kind enough to share his already.

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

Okay, thanks! 

Feel free to share any other must have funds. Cdub was kind enough to share his already.

QQQ and SPY are two decent ones if you want an index fund (NASDAQ and S&P 500). Might want to start with that sort of thing.

11 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

QQQ and SPY are two decent ones if you want an index fund (NASDAQ and S&P 500). Might want to start with that sort of thing.

I can only afford to buy 3 SPY...can I buy just 3?

I'm so poor!!! Why do you guys have so much money??? :cry:

12 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I’d look to a mangled fund verses an index

44 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

For whom?  I have all sorts of managed funds.  I was talking about my play money that I use for separate investments, including stocks.  For those, I like low expense pure index funds and some stocks for companies I like.  Most of my money is in managed funds that are diversified across various global areas and industries.  

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

For whom?  I have all sorts of managed funds.  I was talking about my play money that I use for separate investments, including stocks.  For those, I like low expense pure index funds and some stocks for companies I like.  Most of my money is in managed funds that are diversified across various global areas and industries.  

Just an opinion when individual stock selection is as important as ever. 

you do you tho. 

4 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

I Googled "what is a mangled fund"

I thought it was some slang term or a new type of fund I never heard of...

I didn't sell btw. This market kills me.

Where do you guys see Disney heading in the next few months.  52 week high of $153 low of $85.  Currently at  $101.50.  I will be a buyer at some point, just wondering if it will go much lower.  

This market is a biotch to predict.   :wall:

18 hours ago, peenie said:

Peenie,

Are we your only source of investment advice?  I have recommended this before, but I'm going to do so again.  Please read a book on investing.  I recommend this one:

https://www.amazon.com/All-About-Asset-Allocation-Second/dp/0071700781

It's not that long but will make you feel so much more knowledgeable.  It's not about what funds you buy, but about the combination of funds that you buy. 

18 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Where do you guys see Disney heading in the next few months.  52 week high of $153 low of $85.  Currently at  $101.50.  I will be a buyer at some point, just wondering if it will go much lower.  

I don't think it will touch the low of $85 again

Do you know how much of their revenue stream strictly comes from the parks?

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I Googled "what is a mangled fund"

I thought it was some slang term or a new type of fund I never heard of...

He obviously managed the spelling. :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

LOVE Disney, They own the entertainment industry. When you look at the company as a whole they are pretty well diversified too. 

I bought a large tranch at $95

If it goes under $100 again I will buy until my fingers hurt

4 minutes ago, frank said:

He obviously managed the spelling. :rolleyes:

Good one.

27 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

LOVE Disney, They own the entertainment industry. When you look at the company as a whole they are pretty well diversified too. 

I bought a large tranch at $95

If it goes under $100 again I will buy until my fingers hurt

I feel it's a 50% lock on returns.  Would love to buy in the 90's just not sure where it's headed short term.  

8 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

I feel it's a 50% lock on returns.  Would love to buy in the 90's just not sure where it's headed short term.  

I think the parks will open in May or June and Disney will be rocking and rolling again. Next year is Disney Worlds 50th Anniversary and I think it's going to be massive.

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

I have a $90 limit order in my Roth. I'm not sure it gets there soon, but I'm also not in a hurry to see it fill. I think they have a few more months of pain. Once this virus is over, it will bounce back .

You can get a lot of great knowledge from the twitter accounts of these people:

Adam Mancini- best chart guy ever and its free.
Helen  Meisler - still charts stocks on graph paper - that how long she's been doing this
Tony Dwyer 
RevShark. - he bought TRIL today. I followed him right in and took a quick 7%.
sentimentrader
Liz Ann Sonders

Got APA and MRO yesterday.  This is in my gambling account. Up over 27% since mar 12th. This is the easiest time since the dot com bubble to make $ and trading is free.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I think the parks will open in May or June and Disney will be rocking and rolling again. Next year is Disney Worlds 50th Anniversary and I think it's going to be massive.

Damn "experts" are all over the place- one analyst has them closed until January, another sees them open in June.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/when-will-disney-world-and-disneyland-reopen-one-analyst-predicts-it-may-not-be-until-2021/ar-BB130zc5?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=spartanntp

Just now, Old School said:

Damn "experts" are all over the place- one analyst has them closed until January, another sees them open in June.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/when-will-disney-world-and-disneyland-reopen-one-analyst-predicts-it-may-not-be-until-2021/ar-BB130zc5?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=spartanntp

That expert probably has a huge short position in DIS. Either way I would look at Shanghai Disney. When did they close and reopen? That will tell a better story IMO than guessing.

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

That expert probably has a huge short position in DIS. Either way I would look at Shanghai Disney. When did they close and reopen? That will tell a better story IMO than guessing.

One of the first Disney parks to close, Shanghai Disneyland Resortpartially reopened on March 9 as the virus began to abate in China, the country where the pandemic began late last year. However, Hong Kong Disneyland, which shut its gates the same week as the Shanghai resort, remains closed.

Walt Disney World and Disneyland have been closed since mid-March.  Before the end of the month, the company extended the shutdown of both parks "until further notice." 

In early April, both parks stopped billing annual passholders. Park employees were furloughed beginning April 19.

Disneyland Paris, which also closed in mid-March, remains closed until further notice as well.

Tokyo Disneyland has been closed since late February, when the Japanese government closed schools in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus there. Since then, two reopening dates have come and gone. An April 14 statement on the park's website said officials will reassess the situation there in mid-May.

6 minutes ago, Old School said:

One of the first Disney parks to close, Shanghai Disneyland Resortpartially reopened on March 9 as the virus began to abate in China, the country where the pandemic began late last year. However, Hong Kong Disneyland, which shut its gates the same week as the Shanghai resort, remains closed.

Walt Disney World and Disneyland have been closed since mid-March.  Before the end of the month, the company extended the shutdown of both parks "until further notice." 

In early April, both parks stopped billing annual passholders. Park employees were furloughed beginning April 19.

Disneyland Paris, which also closed in mid-March, remains closed until further notice as well.

Tokyo Disneyland has been closed since late February, when the Japanese government closed schools in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus there. Since then, two reopening dates have come and gone. An April 14 statement on the park's website said officials will reassess the situation there in mid-May.

Sounds about right. 

On 4/21/2020 at 9:25 PM, Cdub100 said:

On 4/21/2020 at 8:03 PM, peenie said:

I hope that peenie didn't sell yesterday.  It is up over 11% today.  Now, if you wanted to bail on your gains now, I could see doing it at this time, but I could also see it continue to go up some more.  Depends on your appetite for risk.

• Thanks 1

Since I spent $2500 on 4 stocks a little under a week ago, they are up $330

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 8:21 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Don’t panic. It will probably bump up again tomorrow.

Thank you!