Bills04

Chubb?

Reference point — 3 redraft leagues… got Puka in all 3 with 30-40% of FAB.  Ford with his MNF exposure I’d expect over 50% of budget.  Desperate Chubb owners push even higher.  

On 9/3/2023 at 6:22 PM, GobbleDog said:

1) Chubby 2) Wilson 3) Pierce 4) Burrow 5) Kirk 6) Hockenson 7) Davis 8.) Addison

9) Bigsby 10) Roschon 11) Chandler 12) Hull 13) Ford 14) Shaheed 15) Jags D 16) Graham

Oh yeah baby. Year of the Gobble!!!  C'mon let's all banana dance!!! :banana:

Still the year of the Gobble?  :(

I would think that the Browns will pick up some to replace the Chubb, maybe Hunt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I would think that the Browns will pick up some to replace the Chubb, maybe Hunt. 

Maybe Akers......

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Hunt met with the Browns today.  Weepaws nailed it.

I don’t know if the Browns would want to trade fir Akers, might be better just to pick up a f/a like Hunt who knows the system.  

4 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Still the year of the Gobble?  :(

Not even year of the dog.... I lost my chubby.  :cry:

I'm not changing my team name The HOT Chubb Time Machine will play on.  Also lost the Jerome Ford Sweepstakes... This league is not FAB which is so lame.  Ford will be a solid player this season. Hunt will be a JAG or worse. 

1 hour ago, whatjusthappened said:

With Chubb lost for the season, who's the RB to own for the Browns?  Hunt or Ford?  (Or someone else?)

I think it’s Ford even if the Browns sign Hunt. The Browns already let Hunt walk this off-season and he’s 28 and years removed from his best seasons. Did any other team even offer him a deal? CLE isn’t the only team that could use a back.

10 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

It's interesting given what they are paying him. I don't know the details of the contract, but if they are going to pay up, they intend to use him. 

I have Hunt in a dynasty and I'll keep an eye on this one.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:34 AM, whatjusthappened said:

With Chubb lost for the season, who's the RB to own for the Browns?  Hunt or Ford?  (Or someone else?)

Well, with one guy you get a dude with youth, enthusiasm, hunger to prove himself and 4.46 speed who had over 1,300 yards rushing his final year of college.   

With the other guy you get the dude that couldn't land on an NFL team over the summer, who kicked a 19 year old in an elevator, and attempted to strangle his pregnant girlfriend in his final year in college.  

12 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Torn MCL. That's all. Not sure how he pulled that off.

Pretty good news considering :bench:

1 hour ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Torn MCL. That's all. Not sure how he pulled that off.

That's good to hear that's all it is. Thanks for the update.

On 9/21/2023 at 10:52 AM, Mufaletta said:

Well, with one guy you get a dude with youth, enthusiasm, hunger to prove himself and 4.46 speed who had over 1,300 yards rushing his final year of college.   

With the other guy you get the dude that couldn't land on an NFL team over the summer, who kicked a 19 year old in an elevator, and attempted to strangle his pregnant girlfriend in his final year in college.  

Yea because the NFL is no place for guys that beat women, kill dogs, beat their kids with tree branches, trap women in bathrooms, or curb stomp another dude along with 5 of his friends.

Not so fast:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nick-chubb-had-mcl-meniscus-surgery-friday-will-have-surgery-on-his-acl

Browns running back Nick Chubb had surgery on his knee Friday and he’ll need another one before he starts any rehab process.

The Browns announced that Chubb had surgery to repair the injuries to his MCL and meniscus that he suffered in Week Two against the Steelers. The team also said that he will have a second surgery to repair his ACL in the coming months.

The Browns prefaced the announcement of the ACL surgery by saying it is “as expected,” but a recent report indicated Chubb only suffered an injury to his MCL. That report also projected a 6-8 month recovery timeline, but the Browns say that Chubb is expected to return “at some point in the 2024 season.”

Given that the injury happened in mid-September, that suggests Chubb will be out for more than a year before returning to action for Cleveland.