Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Fellow Gurley drafters....let's face it. He's done.

Took him at 2.01 in 12 team draft and just hoped I was right. Talk about buyers remorse. I passed up on Dalvin Cook and Joe Mixon. I picked up Darrell Henderson late in the draft and hope he turns into something. Can't start Gurley anymore. 

Anyone else want to confess that they were wrong for drafting him early? 

I'm pretty stubborn. I obviously think his days of domination weekly have passed, but his yardage was decent today and had he found the end-zone today we'd be satisfied. 

Dominant if they just let him carry it. Instead Brown for no reason. Looked perfectly good when he got the ball except for fumbles.

12 carries, 85yds, that’s 7ypc. Donno what to tell ya. 

3 minutes ago, boilerddd said:

I'm pretty stubborn. I obviously think his days of domination weekly have passed, but his yardage was decent today and had he found the end-zone today we'd be satisfied. 

They had a few goal line possessions and he wasn't in the game. Losing carries to Malcolm Brown. He didn't even get a chance to satisfy us with a cheap TD. 

He ended up with a decent game but I don't know that he will be the same RB he was

On the bright side he looked good today. He was in the game for the carries to close the game out and delivered. True to their word, they are going to limit his work. They will continue to do so especially if they are winning games. I agree the most concerning thing was him losing the goal-line carry on the drive that he carried the load into scoring position.

Again...97yds, 7ypc. Looked great, same as always. Team “easing him in” to be cute. Hopeful going forward. 

Didn't draft Gurley, but watched game...  he looked solid with more carries than expected.  Rams offense is same as last year.... damn good. Gurley will get his.  Draft starts today, I'd take Gurley with an early 2nd.

He had a good yard total. 

But as expected he’s on a pitch count. 

36 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

They are managing his touches.

The days of 20+ touches are gone.

This. He looked good on his limited amount of touches but its obvious the rams are a rbbc 

Have to see week 2.  If he's still not getting the goal line carries, he's at best a RB2 forward.

Think about it.   It's been 8 months since the Super bowl.  If it ain't fully recovered by now without surgery it will probably will never fully recover.

I sold him this off season. I was not really worried about the injury as much as just wanting to move him while he still had value. I think his top 5 days are most likely behind him but he's still top 12.

i think this is mostly overreaction.. a lot of players underperformed wk1.. he might never be a top Rb1 again, but he still got lots of touches and looked good doing it. If he had just one TD, he would have had a very good day. he will get his

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crackills said:

i think this is mostly overreaction.. a lot of players underperformed wk1.. he might never be a top Rb1 again, but he still got lots of touches and looked good doing it. If he had just one TD, he would have had a very good day. he will get his

I think the point is he still commanded an early pick.  

The returns on that have a dark cloud hanging over them. Red flags already. 

I'll post this again....  I had told people in several posts not to draft him that high as I have the same arthritic condition in my knee.  His pain has to be much worse than mine as he's an athlete.  I'm the arm chair variety at this point and there are days it hurts to walk.  Gurley will have some awesome Sunday's in the future.  It will depend on how seriously he takes his future though.  If he is wanting to continue walking past the age of 45(ish), he should retire, or at least stay on IR until his guaranteed money is paid.  The pain isn't consistent.  If he's sitting down, he's probably fine.  After pushing off, or cutting, his knee likely hurts him for days.  I was getting cortisone shots bi-weekly for the pain and again, I'm no athlete.  He can play with a shot, but he will do so much damage to the knee he will be walking with a cane at a young age. 

Now, on the flip side, there are days when it doesn't hurt at all.  Sometimes months go by without pain.  This is going to be a Sunday by Sunday thing.  If it hurts, he's going to be limited.  If not, he may be a top 5 RB for the week.  After enough games of being on the bench, he will likely go off when he's not in the starting lineup for you.  I don't think there is anything he can't do anymore, it's just how much pain he wants to be in.  This isn't like pulling a muscle.  Whether he plays another down of football or not, he will periodically have major pain.  The more he abuses it though, the higher the cost will be when he's my age.  I was lucky.  They found my condition when I was a late teenager.  That guy has been playing balls out for a long time.  I would imagine when he says there is pain, it's more than we can imagine. 

If you’re the Rams you’re stupid to not at least have him on a snap count. His days as a bell cow are likely over and yes he was wildly over-drafted. All of this was obvious at the end of last year 

Drafted him mid 2nd hoping for mid RB1 numbers but ill settle with high end RB2.  If he gets 15+ touches plus more goaline work like id expect then his return will be fine.  And with them managing the workload we might have him for fantasy playoffs this time.  Think i read he still played 70% of the snaps?  Looked quick out there.  No need for panic IMO.

3 hours ago, Kent said:

I think the point is he still commanded an early pick.  

The returns on that have a dark cloud hanging over them. Red flags already. 

I got him in the 3rd so i am not sure that qualifies him as an early pick.. but he had value in the 3rd.. and still might. Look if he ends up being a dud, oh well, my team will survive. I would not have drafted him in the first at all.