Alias Detective

Official President Trump Impeachment Inquiry Thread

22 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's an interesting point of view on it.  There's probably a lot of truth to it too.  I know a lot of teachers, ADs, principals and counselors and they all know a variety of different things.  My wife is a teacher and I doubt she would know much about business if she were not married to me.  There are a good amount of teachers that run their own businesses as well though, especially during the summer when they are on break.  A lot of teachers have second jobs.

I'm not sure what all of their political beliefs are but most seem to lean left.  The most vocal ones I know are democrats.  If any lean further right they don't really show it.  I don't think I know any that like Trump.

my thought on why teachers are very liberal, is because most people become teachers are more on the creative side.  I mean what can you do if you are a creative writing major or something, and don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong if you like to read, I would be almost willing to wager that the vast majority of professors nationwide were more of the literature side as opposed to the applied side (math and science) minded people.  I dont know anyone that I went to college with (chemical engineering) that went into teaching, but I know alot of people from my humanities type classes who became educators

29 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

my thought on why teachers are very liberal, is because most people become teachers are more on the creative side.  I mean what can you do if you are a creative writing major or something, and don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong if you like to read, I would be almost willing to wager that the vast majority of professors nationwide were more of the literature side as opposed to the applied side (math and science) minded people.  I dont know anyone that I went to college with (chemical engineering) that went into teaching, but I know alot of people from my humanities type classes who became educators

This was more along the lines of thinking that I had.  It's also why I asked the question, to get some honest opinions as to why.  Most of the teachers I know are liberal and they have a lot of similarities.  The whole mindset and personality of a teacher seems to lean towards the left.  They tend to be creative, kind, caring, patient, understanding, empathetic and are good at working with others.  Plenty of people who lean to the right share these same traits but I don't find them to be their most outstanding traits.

I read somewhere recently that a good amount of teaches are opting out of paying the full union dues. There was a court ruling that union members don't have to pay the portion of dues that go to political contributions , which works out to about 40 pct I believe. I know many teachers, friends and relatives. Many of them are not liberal, but they don't dare say anything at work. 

51 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This was more along the lines of thinking that I had.  It's also why I asked the question, to get some honest opinions as to why.  Most of the teachers I know are liberal and they have a lot of similarities.  The whole mindset and personality of a teacher seems to lean towards the left.  They tend to be creative, kind, caring, patient, understanding, empathetic and are good at working with others.  Plenty of people who lean to the right share these same traits but I don't find them to be their most outstanding traits.

kind, caring

this is a fallacy, just looking at charitable donations, alone, tells you Conservatives are far kinder, caring.  The major difference is to me personally is that conservatives want people to have personal responsibility while liberals like to blame others for their shortcomings

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

kind, caring

this is a fallacy, just looking at charitable donations, alone, tells you Conservatives are far kinder, caring.  The major difference is to me personally is that conservatives want people to have personal responsibility while liberals like to blame others for their shortcomings

Kind and caring is probably more a personal opinion.  It's certainly a trait for most teachers but I don't think it's all that fair to use to describe liberals versus conservatives.  There are plenty of kind and caring people in both groups.

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I read somewhere recently that a good amount of teaches are opting out of paying the full union dues. There was a court ruling that union members don't have to pay the portion of dues that go to political contributions , which works out to about 40 pct I believe. I know many teachers, friends and relatives. Many of them are not liberal, but they don't dare say anything at work. 

I don't really know that many teachers who are very vocal about politics.  They will talk about it when brought up but rarely bring it up themselves.  My sister-in-law would be the most vocal one I know.

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't really know that many teachers who are very vocal about politics.  They will talk about it when brought up but rarely bring it up themselves.  My sister-in-law would be the most vocal one I know.

It's probably conditioning. Most people's social interactions are at work, and in a place like a school political talk is the third rail. Not for inner city teachers though. They're libtards for the most part. They are the ones really driving the teachers unions. Bigger numbers. That's the way it is in NY. 

2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

looks like we got another fake conservative up in here...probably corrupted by Crowder.

What's a crowder? I hate tight spaces. That's one reason I never go to concerts.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In Wisconsin we passed Act 10 in 2010 which allowed people to opt out of paying union dues (among a bunch of other things that broke the stranglehold the unions had on our State government).  Union participation has dropped almost 66% since then.

6 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're a passive aggressive shitheel. :lol:

• Like 1

WASHINGTON — Two officials at the White House budget office resigned this year partly because of their concerns about President Trump’s decision to hold up congressionally approved security assistance to Ukraine, a third aide at the office told impeachment investigators, revealing dissent within a key agency about Mr. Trump’s refusal to release the money.

Mark Sandy, an official at the White House Office of Management and Budget, told the House Intelligence Committee in a private interview this month that one of the officials “expressed some frustrations about not understanding the reason for the hold” before resigning in September. 

A second co-worker, an official in the legal division of the office, also resigned after offering a “dissenting opinion” about whether it was legal to hold up the aid, Mr. Sandy testified, according to a transcript of his testimony released by the committee on Tuesday. 

He did not identify either official, and it was unclear how senior they were or how directly their resignations were tied to their concerns over the withholding of the aid. But Mr. Sandy’s account of their departures — after weeks of unanswered questions inside the budget office about why Mr. Trump had directed the funding frozen — underscores the depth of the pushback inside a key White House agency about a decision many officials believed was legally questionable and potentially dangerous.

Mr. Sandy testified that he was informed that the aid freeze came directly from Mr. Trump, who he was told began inquiring about the assistance package on June 19, after seeing a news media report. Mr. Sandy learned of Mr. Trump’s decision to put a hold on the aid through a July 12 email from Robert Blair, a top aide to Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff.

That email, which Mr. Sandy received nearly a week before other administration officials have said they learned that the aid had been frozen, indicated that “the president is directing a hold on military support funding for Ukraine,” he told impeachment investigators.

In an indication of the level of frustration about the situation inside the budget office, Mr. Sandy said he and others repeatedly asked his superiors why the security assistance had been frozen, but were never given a rationale.

“It was an open question over the course of late July and pretty much all of August, as I recall,” Mr. Sandy said.

WASHINGTON — President Trump had already been briefed on a whistle-blower’s complaint about his dealings with Ukraine when he unfroze military aid for the country in September, according to two people familiar with the matter. 

Lawyers from the White House counsel’s office told Mr. Trump in late August about the complaint, explaining that they were trying to determine whether they were legally required to give it to Congress, the people said.

The revelation could shed light on Mr. Trump’s thinking at two critical points under scrutiny by impeachment investigators: his decision in early September to release $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine and his denial to a key ambassador around the same time that there was a “quid pro quo” with Kyiv. Mr. Trump used the phrase before it had entered the public lexicon in the Ukraine affair.

Mr. Trump faced bipartisan pressure from Congress when he released the aid. But the new timing detail shows that he was also aware at the time that the whistle-blower had accused him of wrongdoing in withholding the aid and in his broader campaign to pressure Ukraine’s new president, Volodymyr Zelensky, to conduct investigations that could benefit Mr. Trump’s re-election chances.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/26/us/politics/trump-whistle-blower-complaint-ukraine.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

No one cares if Trump held up military aid to a country that most people who haven't played Risk are aware of. This is the least interesting "scandal" of all time. Monica and Iran Contra were so much more entertaining. Boggles the mind that they fall over themselves to take out Trump yet Bush the dumber rode off into the sunset unscathed. Then again, the money people who now control the Democratic Party liked him. He was good for business. Loads of cheap labor flowed into our country and loads of jobs left for friendlier shores. 

28 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

WASHINGTON — President Trump had already been briefed on a whistle-blower’s complaint about his dealings with Ukraine when he unfroze military aid for the country in September, according to two people familiar with the matter. 

Lawyers from the White House counsel’s office told Mr. Trump in late August about the complaint, explaining that they were trying to determine whether they were legally required to give it to Congress, the people said.

The revelation could shed light on Mr. Trump’s thinking at two critical points under scrutiny by impeachment investigators: his decision in early September to release $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine and his denial to a key ambassador around the same time that there was a “quid pro quo” with Kyiv. Mr. Trump used the phrase before it had entered the public lexicon in the Ukraine affair.

Mr. Trump faced bipartisan pressure from Congress when he released the aid. But the new timing detail shows that he was also aware at the time that the whistle-blower had accused him of wrongdoing in withholding the aid and in his broader campaign to pressure Ukraine’s new president, Volodymyr Zelensky, to conduct investigations that could benefit Mr. Trump’s re-election chances.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/26/us/politics/trump-whistle-blower-complaint-ukraine.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

"could shed light"  :lol:

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No one cares if Trump held up military aid to a country that most people who haven't played Risk are aware of. This is the least interesting "scandal" of all time. Monica and Iran Contra were so much more entertaining. Boggles the mind that they fall over themselves to take out Trump yet Bush the dumber rode off into the sunset unscathed. Then again, the money people who now control the Democratic Party liked him. He was good for business. Loads of cheap labor flowed into our country and loads of jobs left for friendlier shores. 

Dumb. I suppose no one cared about Watergate either? This was worse.

18 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Good God you’re retarded.

And I don’t use that word lightly

Did I strike a nerve? Is it that I'm attacking the narrative or that he's one of your fellow pedos? 

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

WASHINGTON — Two officials at the White House budget office resigned this year partly because of their concerns about President Trump’s decision to hold up congressionally approved security assistance to Ukraine, a third aide at the office told impeachment investigators, revealing dissent within a key agency about Mr. Trump’s refusal to release the money.

Mark Sandy, an official at the White House Office of Management and Budget, told the House Intelligence Committee in a private interview this month that one of the officials “expressed some frustrations about not understanding the reason for the hold” before resigning in September. 

A second co-worker, an official in the legal division of the office, also resigned after offering a “dissenting opinion” about whether it was legal to hold up the aid, Mr. Sandy testified, according to a transcript of his testimony released by the committee on Tuesday. 

He did not identify either official, and it was unclear how senior they were or how directly their resignations were tied to their concerns over the withholding of the aid. But Mr. Sandy’s account of their departures — after weeks of unanswered questions inside the budget office about why Mr. Trump had directed the funding frozen — underscores the depth of the pushback inside a key White House agency about a decision many officials believed was legally questionable and potentially dangerous.

Mr. Sandy testified that he was informed that the aid freeze came directly from Mr. Trump, who he was told began inquiring about the assistance package on June 19, after seeing a news media report. Mr. Sandy learned of Mr. Trump’s decision to put a hold on the aid through a July 12 email from Robert Blair, a top aide to Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff.

That email, which Mr. Sandy received nearly a week before other administration officials have said they learned that the aid had been frozen, indicated that “the president is directing a hold on military support funding for Ukraine,” he told impeachment investigators.

In an indication of the level of frustration about the situation inside the budget office, Mr. Sandy said he and others repeatedly asked his superiors why the security assistance had been frozen, but were never given a rationale.

“It was an open question over the course of late July and pretty much all of August, as I recall,” Mr. Sandy said.

Another Hail Mary pass falls woefully short.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/26/omb-official-ukraine-aid-held-up-because-other-countries-werent-giving/amp/

Mark Sandy, an official at the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB), testified earlier this month that he was told U.S. security assistance to Ukraine had been held up because of President Donald Trump’s concerns that other countries were not giving enough.

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Someone should inform legal eagle that the right has not offered a defense, just as the left has offered no charges. I am sure It's a great video though.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Someone should inform legal eagle that the right has not offered a defense, just as the left has offered no charges. I am sure It's a great video though.

You are correct, they haven't offered a defense, just absurd excuses, good clarification.   :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You are correct, they haven't offered a defense, just absurd excuses, good clarification.   :thumbsup:

Absurd describes this entire dog and pony show.  Normal people have moved on.

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Just for further clarification what are the charges?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

And even the Democratic polling has showed that.  They're in panic mode now.  They know they screwed the pooch again.

2 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

This is who the Dems DREAM of taking over once they remove Trump and Pence from office. Third in line of succession and this is what their voice is.

Just say no to Oxycontin and gin Nance. :nono: 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Just for further clarification what are the charges?

Well - it's an impeachment hearing/inquiry(gathering of evidence), so the charges will come when the articles of impeachment are presented to the house to vote.     

For anymore further clarification try Impeachment in the United States - TIA

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Dumb. I suppose no one cared about Watergate either? This was worse.

Worse than Watergate? Do yourself a favor and read up on watergate , all of it. You sound foolish making that statement. Try a little harder. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Well - it's an impeachment hearing/inquiry(gathering of evidence), so the charges will come when the articles of impeachment are presented to the house to vote.     

So no defense required. You may want to inform the youtube lawyers.  

Charges will come from the judiciary committee, if it gets that far.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Almost 50% of people support impeachment according to polls. Lot of abnormals out there. 

18 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You often find people defending themselves against no charges?  :wacko:

Or is this so you can keep moving the goal posts? Maddow hasn't given you the talking points yet?