JustinCharge

will the 2019 patriots go undefeated?

7 minutes ago, Masshole said:

That's such a bogus point.   Not only is it not factually accurate, but if it were true then wouldn't that cause the Pats to fail miserably when they face elite teams in the regular season and once they get to the playoffs?   Yah, ummm, I don't think that's happened, the exact opposite has happened.     Come up with something that's less tired.  

They got byes and homefield from 6 free wins. That and constant advantage from cheating. That propelled them. Why does the truth bug you? 

11 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

No. They didn't. They just sucked when it mattered.

Then they should appeal or something, because the NFL should not get away with punishing them if they did nothing wrong.

10 hours ago, Masshole said:

That's such a bogus point.   Not only is it not factually accurate, but if it were true then wouldn't that cause the Pats to fail miserably when they face elite teams in the regular season and once they get to the playoffs?   Yah, ummm, I don't think that's happened, the exact opposite has happened.     Come up with something that's less tired.  

People hate the Pats so much that any time they lose it's a victory to them. Everyone is saying how bad Brady and the team is crap this year yet they still made the playoffs. And this is a down year for them. Any other team has a down year, they are in the bottom half of the league. It's amazing how a team can be on such a great run in a league that is built for parody (unlike the MLB and NBA),  and all they get is crap for losing a game in the playoffs after going to 3 straight superbowls and winning 2 of them.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sderk said:

. It's amazing how a team can be on such a great run in a league that is built for parody   

Agreed. That is why tiny advantages add up to so much. I said earlier that no division will be so lousy for so long again to allow 1 team to dominate. The Pats legacy is safe. 

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

They got byes and homefield from 6 free wins. That and constant advantage from cheating. That propelled them. Why does the truth bug you? 

I have no problem with the "truth".   I do have problems with opinions and hater-speak masquerading as truth.  

I said come up with something less tired and you got "cheating".   The one thing that's actually more tired than "their division is weak"?     You do realize that they've won 3 SBs and been to the AFC championship or better a bunch of times since the 2007 "spygate" fiasco?    As a life-long Pats fan I'll own that the original spygate thing was pretty poor decision making on Belichicks part (if he was even aware of it).    But ask yourself, if it was just the Pats doing it then why does every offensive and defensive coach cover their mouths during games?   Videotaping is not prohibited by the NFL, every single team in the NFL does it.  The Pats got fined/punished because of where they placed their cameras in the stadium.   That's it, nothing else.   That's the best you got?   The deflated footballs BS was a total joke and has been thoroughly debunked.   And the most recent video thing?   Really?  

Both the spygate and the deflated football things are exactly like the George Brett pine tar BS.    Everyone did it and it had no effect on the outcome of games or at bats.   Fredo Mangini/the Jets and the Colts/Mike Kensil ratted out the Pats just like Billy Martin did because it was opportune for them to pull that out of their ass at that moment in time.   In Martins case it was because Brett hit a 2 run homer and the Yankees were going to lose the game.  In the Pats case it was because the Jets & Colts were sick of getting their sh1t pushed in by the Pats for so many years and that was all they could do to stop it.    

Now you should have a better understanding of what "truth" is. 

It was a good run, probably the greatest ever. We're all ready for somebody else to step up.

Just now, Reality said:

It was a good run, probably the greatest ever. We're all ready for somebody else to step up.

I get that.  I got sick of the 90s Cowboys for the same reason.    But I never once questioned that the Aikman/Irving/Smith Cowboys were a great team, possibly one of the best I had seen in my lifetime.    I respected what they did but was very ready for someone else to be in the superbowl/deep into the playoffs.     I didn't "hate" them for that.   That's the part I don't understand about all of the Pats hate.  

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

Hopefully, one that resists cheating, behaving like dooshbags, or having fans that act like dooshbags 😛

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Masshole said:

I get that.  I got sick of the 90s Cowboys for the same reason.    But I never once questioned that the Aikman/Irving/Smith Cowboys were a great team, possibly one of the best I had seen in my lifetime.    I respected what they did but was very ready for someone else to be in the superbowl/deep into the playoffs.     I didn't "hate" them for that.   That's the part I don't understand about all of the Pats hate.  

People don't hate they pats.  They hate the fans.  It manifests itself as hate for the team.

2 hours ago, drobeski said:

14-2, Super bowl champs next season. 

Haters cry, fans enjoy and laugh. 

If not oh well. Greatest dynasty in all of sports history is cemented.  

Thanks Patriots for letting all football fans witness greatness that will never ever be duplicated again. 

Amazing run. Truly amazing....by far and away greatest franchise/dynasty ever. 

Delusional. That’s ok. Have this time to say silly things if it helps 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Let’s not forget opposing coaches pulling all time boners, like Quinn and Carroll. Gifted two Super Bowls. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Hopefully, one that resists cheating, behaving like dooshbags, or having fans that act like dooshbags 😛

Top 10 all douche bag fans list:

1. Philadelphia Eagles

2. New York Yankees

3. New York Giants

4. LA Lakers

5. Alabama Crimson Tide

6. Boston Bruins

7. Dallas Cowboys

8. New England Patriots

9. Boston Red Sox

10. Toronto Maple Leafs

Outside beating the brakes off of the Rams last year, when you get the Pats out of Foxboro, what does their performance do? Laugh it off but given how often they've been caught cheating, there's some funny business going on IN Foxboro.

That they got beat a few times at home this year tells you how bad their chemistry was.

40 minutes ago, sderk said:

Top 10 all douche bag fans list:

1. Philadelphia Eagles

2. New York Yankees

3. New York Giants

4. LA Lakers

5. Alabama Crimson Tide

6. Boston Bruins

7. Dallas Cowboys

8. New England Patriots

9. Boston Red Sox

10. Toronto Maple Leafs

You forgot Notre Dame. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You forgot Notre Dame. 

Good call. 

Just now, sderk said:

Good call. 

All my teams made it! 

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Then they should appeal or something, because the NFL should not get away with punishing them if they did nothing wrong.

The marketing/public relations branch of the Patriots organization filmed the sideline of another team on gameday, in violation of NFL rules. That's why they'll be punished. The football operations branch had nothing to do with it, so there was no "cheating" involved. The punishment should be a fine, rather than a fine and draft picks.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

The marketing/public relations branch of the Patriots organization filmed the sideline of another team on gameday, in violation of NFL rules. That's why they'll be punished. The football operations branch had nothing to do with it, so there was no "cheating" involved. The punishment should be a fine, rather than a fine and draft picks.

The Patriots CLAIM the football operation branch had nothing to do with it.  They're repeat offenders.  Anything they say should be met with skepticism and they should not be given the benefit of the doubt.  They should be punished severely enough to ensure this doesn't happen again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Hopefully you giggled a little when you typed this... Otherwise... :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

The Patriots CLAIM the football operation branch had nothing to do with it.  They're repeat offenders.  Anything they say should be met with skepticism and they should not be given the benefit of the doubt.  They should be punished severely enough to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Exactly. Enough with them and their BS 

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

In NCAA, they'd be banned from post season and titles vacated.

Pats fans want them to be judged on an individual basis, and want everyone to set aside their pattern of behavior, for which they have already been punished for numerous times. They deserve no benefit of the doubt.  

Lol at “greatest pro sports team of all time”. They’re not even the greatest team from New England.  

The Celtics have 17 championships 

The Yankees have 27

The Lakers have 16

The Packers won 9 championships pre merger and 4 more post merger

Enough  

Just now, vuduchile said:

Lol at “greatest sports franchise of all time”. They’re not even the greatest franchise from New England.  

The Celtics have 17 championships 

The Yankees have 27

The Lakers have 16

The Packers won 9 championships pre merger and 4 more post merger

Enough  

The Steelers also have 6 Superbowls. Massholes earning their name. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Steelers also have 6 Superbowls. Massholes earning their name. 

It’s like they don’t have the internet up there.  Or TV, radio, or half a brain. 

9 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

It’s like they don’t have the internet up there.  Or TV, radio, or half a brain. 

They know its over. Maybe They are just trying to see where they stand. I guess they get points for longevity, but of the three other dynasties I have seen, Steelers, 49'rs, Cowboys,  the Patriots rank last. Those teams were way too physical for the Pats. Tommy isn't playing past  35 in those days. And that's pushing it. Best of their time? Sure. All time? No. But they don't think football existed prior to 2002

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They know its over. Maybe They are just trying to see where they stand. I guess they get points for longevity, but of the three other dynasties I have seen, Steelers, 49'rs, Cowboys,  the Patriots rank last. Those teams were way too physical for the Pats. Tommy isn't playing past  35 in those days. And that's pushing it. Best of their time? Sure. All time? No. But they don't think football existed prior to 2002

The Patriots never had the best talent.  They were the smartest and most versatile so that they can adapt to other teams better than anyone else.

6 minutes ago, riversco said:

The Patriots never had the best talent.  They were the smartest and most versatile so that they can adapt to other teams better than anyone else.

First round byes and home playoff games thanks to a JV schedule helped in that endeavor 

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

First round byes and home playoff games thanks to a JV schedule helped in that endeavor 

Quality head coaches have ducked Bill Belichick in New England. They never go to his division.   Every time an established, winning head coach is available, they do something else.

1.  Tony Dungy is fired by the Bucs and goes to the Colts instead of the AFC East.  Dungy runs and hides in a division with an expansion Texans team and a hall of fame QB in his prime at his disposal.

2. Nick Saban actually goes to the Dolphins in 2005...oops he quits immediately and runs away.

3. Marty Schottenheimer does to the Chargers instead of the AFC East. 

4. Bill Cowher retires from coaching at age 49!  forty focking nine!  And hides in a booth.  He's so scared of Belichick he just gave up his career, let alone take a job in the AFC east.

5. Mike Shanahan goes the Redskins instead of challenging Belichick in the AFC east, and Shanny even had success vs him. He'd rather hang out with Dan Snyder than take Belichick on.

6.  Bill Parcells goes to the Dallas Cowboys instead of taking on his boy little Bill in the AFC East.  

7.  Jim Harbaugh goes to college after he leaves the 49ers instead of the AFC east.

8. Jimmy Johnson retires from coaching at age 56.  Many teams wanted him back in the NFL to coach.  He could have gone to the AFC east to challenge Belichick.  Did not.

9. Pete Carroll returns to the NFL in 2010.  Does he go to the AFC east to challenge Belichick?  No.  He goes to the other conference and other coast, as far away from Belichick as he can get.  Belichick still found him and beat him nonetheless.

10. Bruce Arians decides he is ready to coach again this year.  Does he go to the AFC east?  Nope, he goes to Tampa.

Right there are TEN (10) excellent head coaches.  ALL TEN ducked Belichick.  Belichick had a JV schedule because the league lived in total fear of the man.

I could even mention Jeff Fisher, and John Fox as another couple of established winners that ducked him.  Mike McCarthy looks like another one that will duck him, too.

1 minute ago, riversco said:

Quality head coaches have ducked Bill Belichick in New England. They never go to his division.   Every time an established, winning head coach is available, they do something else.

1.  Tony Dungy is fired by the Bucs and goes to the Colts instead of the AFC East.  Dungy runs and hides in a division with an expansion Texans team and a hall of fame QB in his prime at his disposal.

2. Nick Saban actually goes to the Dolphins in 2005...oops he quits immediately and runs away.

3. Marty Schottenheimer does to the Chargers instead of the AFC East. 

4. Bill Cowher retires from coaching at age 49!  forty focking nine!  And hides in a booth.  He's so scared of Belichick he just gave up his career, let alone take a job in the AFC east.

5. Mike Shanahan goes the Redskins instead of challenging Belichick in the AFC east, and Shanny even had success vs him. He'd rather hang out with Dan Snyder than take Belichick on.

6.  Bill Parcells goes to the Dallas Cowboys instead of taking on his boy little Bill in the AFC East.  

7.  Jim Harbaugh goes to college after he leaves the 49ers instead of the AFC east.

8. Jimmy Johnson retires from coaching at age 56.  Many teams wanted him back in the NFL to coach.  He could have gone to the AFC east to challenge Belichick.  Did not.

9. Pete Carroll returns to the NFL in 2010.  Does he go to the AFC east to challenge Belichick?  No.  He goes to the other conference and other coast, as far away from Belichick as he can get.  Belichick still found him and beat him nonetheless.

10. Bruce Arians decides he is ready to coach again this year.  Does he go to the AFC east?  Nope, he goes to Tampa.

Right there are TEN (10) excellent head coaches.  ALL TEN ducked Belichick.  Belichick had a JV schedule because the league lived in total fear of the man.

I could even mention Jeff Fisher, and John Fox as another couple of established winners that ducked him.  Mike McCarthy looks like another one that will duck him, too.

You tried this once before. It still doesn't work. You can't get past your Dungy claim, the first one. He went to go coach Peyton  Manning. Everyone knows this. If PM had played for the Dolphins any coach would have went there. Besides, the Patriots had won , what, one SB when he went to Indy? The rest of your list is bunk as well. 

If the dynasty is over, definitely one of the best in the annuals of the NFL...

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You tried this once before. It still doesn't work. You can't get past your Dungy claim, the first one. He went to go coach Peyton  Manning. Everyone knows this. If PM had played for the Dolphins any coach would have went there. Besides, the Patriots had won , what, one SB when he went to Indy? The rest of your list is bunk as well. 

Calling it bunk isn't a valid response. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Excellent point about the physicality of the game changing.  Especially for QB’s. 

Favre might have been the last tough as nails QB the league has seen.  

16 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Excellent point about the physicality of the game changing.  Especially for QB’s. 

Favre might have been the last tough as nails QB the league has seen.  

Eli

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Stop it 

Why? He didn't take a beating?