Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MIdway/The Irishman/Motherless Brooklyn

Finally some movies that aren't superhero nonsense or sing song crap. I will go see MIdway in the theatre next week while my kids see Frozen 2,  wait on the Irishman on Netflix at the end of the month  (it's 3:30, not sitting in a theatre that long) and wait on Motherless Brooklyn. Ed Norton is too woke for me to pay. Want to support MIdway as much as I can.  Maybe we can get more adult movies if it does decent . Can't just complain about the childish nonsense Hollywood offers and not support a decent movie when they finally make one.  

Watched The King on Netflix last night, very solid. It's about Henry V. A little slow but, very well shot and acted. 

Saw Motherless Brooklyn last night.  It was good to very good, not great.  Norton and Baldwin do both kill it.  

I didn’t realize they made a movie off Motherless Brooklyn. Just finished reading the novel and it was excellent.

Waiting on The Irishman to come on Netflix. Excited about it 

On 11/3/2019 at 6:33 AM, Reality said:

Watched The King on Netflix last night, very solid. It's about Henry V. A little slow but, very well shot and acted. 

I thought it was a little overrated. It was decent but felt like it was missing something. Mainly character development. We’re just supposed to take them as we find them but it left the movie feeling hollow imo. However I agree it was well shot and generally well acted — not the actors’ fault their character.’s back stories weren’t fleshed out in the script

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I would hope Midway isn't like Pearl Harbour was. 

The first Midway was one of my favorite war movies

On 11/3/2019 at 8:17 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Finally some movies that aren't superhero nonsense or sing song crap. I will go see MIdway in the theatre next week while my kids see Frozen 2,  wait on the Irishman on Netflix at the end of the month  (it's 3:30, not sitting in a theatre that long) and wait on Motherless Brooklyn. Ed Norton is too woke for me to pay. Want to support MIdway as much as I can.  Maybe we can get more adult movies if it does decent . Can't just complain about the childish nonsense Hollywood offers and not support a decent movie when they finally make one.  

Agreed and  I would add Ford vs Ferrari to the list. 

Can't wait to see Midway - gonna take a day off during the week and go.

29 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Can't wait to see Midway - gonna take a day off during the week and go.

I looks really good. I’m excited about it. 

Just saw midway. It was good. Not great, but good.

Got the history pretty pretty tight. Action was great. Minimal annoying love stories. No Aerosmith theme song.

Hell of a lot better than pearl Harbor or Dunkirk. 

Took me a while to recognize Mandy Moore. She looks. A lot different. Still hot though. 

5 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Just saw midway. It was good. Not great, but good.

Got the history pretty pretty tight. Action was great. Minimal annoying love stories. No Aerosmith theme song.

Hell of a lot better than pearl Harbor or Dunkirk. 

Took me a while to recognize Mandy Moore. She looks. A lot different. Still hot though. 

I thought Dunkirk was pretty good