Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Strange email

I received an email message this morning from a Russian chick.  

The subject was my exact password for this site.  

No message in the body of the email.  Only an attachment 

Have you used the same password for other sites?  Often times, hackers will buy a list of user name and password on the Dark Net.  They will then send an email to person saying that they know your password and will hack into all of your accounts if you don't pay up.  Adds an air of authenticity to have your password.  However, if you have changed the password on all sites since then, there is no risk.  

Don't use the same password on multiple sites for this reason.  

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Have you used the same password for other sites?  Often times, hackers will buy a list of user name and password on the Dark Net.  They will then send an email to person saying that they know your password and will hack into all of your accounts if you don't pay up.  Adds an air of authenticity to have your password.  However, if you have changed the password on all sites since then, there is no risk.  

No.  The password used for this site is unique.  It was the one issued to me when I first signed up here years ago.  I didn't create it.  

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

No.  The password used for this site is unique.  It was the one issued to me when I first signed up here years ago.  I didn't create it.  

Interesting.  I also just stuck w the generated one so I'll watch out for the nefarious Russian wh0res. 

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I do this as well. Different passwords for everything that I care about. Between those and all my work passwords and such, I often find myself forgetting some of them and it takes me an extra 30 seconds to click 'lost password' and get the confirmation text and then change to a new PW to be able log in to the site. No big deal really.

Just now, DonS said:

Mike must be colluding w Russia. 

Well, there has been a whole lot of Russia and Ukraine talk on this site.  Somebody's watching.  But how the hell do they get my actual password?  

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Well, there has been a whole lot of Russia and Ukraine talk on this site.  Somebody's watching.  But how the hell do they get my actual password?  

It's a glitch in the simulation.  :ninja:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I do this as well. Different passwords for everything that I care about. Between those and all my work passwords and such, I often find myself forgetting some of them and it takes me an extra 30 seconds to click 'lost password' and get the confirmation text and then change to a new PW to be able log in to the site. No big deal really.

Get a password manager like LastPass.  The free version is plenty good.

I get these emails almost weekly. What this dunecoon doesn't realize is that I already voluntarily upload all my jack off videos online. 

Hello!

I'm a programmer who cracked your email account and device about half year ago.

You entered a password on one of the insecure site you visited, and I catched it.

Of course you can will change your password, or already made it.

But it doesn't matter, my rat software update it every time.

Please don't try to contact me or find me, it is impossible, since I sent you an email from your email account.

Through your e-mail, I uploaded malicious code to your Operation System.

I saved all of your contacts with friends, colleagues, relatives and a complete history of visits to the Internet resources.

Also I installed a rat software on your device and long tome spying for you.

You are not my only victim, I usually lock devices and ask for a ransom.

But I was struck by the sites of intimate content that you very often visit.

I am in shock of your reach fantasies! Wow! I've never seen anything like this!

I did not even know that SUCH content could be so exciting!

So, when you had fun on intime sites (you know what I mean!) I made screenshot with using my program from your camera of yours device.

After that, I jointed them to the content of the currently viewed site.

Will be funny when I send these photos to your contacts! And if your relatives see it?

BUT I'm sure you don't want it. I definitely would not want to ...

I will not do this if you pay me a little amount.

I think $945 is a nice price for it!

I accept only Bitcoins.

My BTC wallet: 12hBxZ7mzn3LgT3SjCsS6yS4tVefPBWCPt

If you have difficulty with this - Ask Google "how to make a payment on a bitcoin wallet". It's easy.

After receiving the above amount, all your data will be immediately removed automatically.

My virus will also will be destroy itself from your operating system.

My Trojan have auto alert, after this email is looked, I will be know it!

You have 2 days (48 hours) for make a payment.

If this does not happen - all your contacts will get crazy shots with your dirty life!

And so that you do not obstruct me, your device will be locked (also after 48 hours)

Do not take this frivolously! This is the last warning!

Various security services or antiviruses won't help you for sure (I have already collected all your data).

Here are the recommendations of a professional:

Antiviruses do not help against modern malicious code. Just do not enter your passwords on unsafe sites!

I hope you will be prudent.

Bye.

Just change the password. My moms school got hacked apparently. The whole district. Another school district was hit before my moms. Guy got all the data from the school servers and did something to the servers. Last school district he demanded $500K which they payed him. My moms school district isn’t so they are having to build everything back up from scratch 

10 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

So, when you had fun on intime sites (you know what I mean!) I made screenshot with using my program from your camera of yours device.

Hopefully he doesn't hack anyone else on this site or else he'll see a bunch of folks jacking to the latest Democrat/Republican bombshells. That will scar him for life! 

10 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Just change the password. My moms school got hacked apparently. The whole district. Another school district was hit before my moms. Guy got all the data from the school servers and did something to the servers. Last school district he demanded $500K which they payed him. My moms school district isn’t so they are having to build everything back up from scratch 

Are they also looking to replace their old IT security team?

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

The IT team is usually not the problem.  It is a users who clicks on a phishing email and puts the organization at risk.  IT can only lock down so much.  If they lock everything down, then no one can do anything.  :lol:

46 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The IT team is usually not the problem.  It is a users who clicks on a phishing email and puts the organization at risk.  IT can only lock down so much.  If they lock everything down, then no one can do anything.  :lol:

The security teams from both my company and the clients I am assigned to work for, send out their own phishing emails all the time to the employees and contractors on each of the separate email accounts. If you click on a bad link, you get put on a list that goes up the ladder to project managers and to your specific lead and your career counselor, and HR, as well as reports that go to the managing directors on the account ,both company and client, you are staffed on. Then you have do training on it immediately or get hounded for being an idiot and to do the training. 

I know this cause once a couple years back I pulled and all nighter on some work and having been up for over 24 hours straight I blindly clicked a link in one of phishing mails they sent and BAM, a screen with "You have just been phished. You now need to do the following...."

And they make some of those emails tricky. Spell a word wrong in the subject line or in the body of the email or they have a bad email address even though the sender's name that is easy to focus on is something correct, etc... And they almost always make them urgent actions required to retain access, or something about your expenses being incorrect, or something about safety and such. They focus on targeting an emotional reaction from you by saying something to the affect that if you don't do something (click the link) , you are basically going to be screwed.  And just the opposite is true. 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

After that, I jointed them to the content of the currently viewed site.

Will be funny when I send these photos to your contacts! And if your relatives see it?

BUT I'm sure you don't want it. I definitely would not want to ...

I get this one every couple of weeks...  Kind of tough to take a picture of me when my laptop doesn't have a camera...

7 minutes ago, posty said:

I get this one every couple of weeks...  Kind of tough to take a picture of me when my laptop doesn't have a camera...

Yeah, and for anyone who has a camera, I don't know why they wouldn't keep it covered up unless they are ready to use it. 

I seriously don't want to be on a skype work call and not realize the camera somehow got switched on and have them see me at home drinking a cold beer while giving my input on some complex issue. Tape that camera up.  :banana:

3 hours ago, fandandy said:

Is your password openattachmenttoseemypussy?

😄

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

after this email is looked, I will be know it!

I may make this my email sig. 

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah, and for anyone who has a camera, I don't know why they wouldn't keep it covered up unless they are ready to use it. 

I seriously don't want to be on a skype work call and not realize the camera somehow got switched on and have them see me at home drinking a cold beer while giving my input on some complex issue. Tape that camera up.  :banana:

Jerking off is not a complex issue at all. :dunno:

35 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Jerking off is not a complex issue at all. :dunno:

Finding the right chick to help sometimes takes a few minutes at the local grocery store.

This website has been insecure for years.  It can very easily be hacked but the traffic is low so it’s off the radar.  Change your PW but more importantly get a burner email (just Google burner email there are plenty of free services). When websites get hacked hackers are hoping your PW for the website login matches your email PW.  Never giving them access to your email address is always the best bet. 

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

No idea. All I know is what I told you. Haven’t really checked up on it 

4 hours ago, vuduchile said:

No.  The password used for this site is unique.  

Now we all have it!  :banana:

10 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

This website has been insecure for years.  It can very easily be hacked but the traffic is low so it’s off the radar.  Change your PW but more importantly get a burner email (just Google burner email there are plenty of free services). When websites get hacked hackers are hoping your PW for the website login matches your email PW.  Never giving them access to your email address is always the best bet. 

That is too much work...  I trust Mike's hamsters...

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

LastPass

Can't recommend this enough

10 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

The security teams from both my company and the clients I am assigned to work for, send out their own phishing emails all the time to the employees and contractors on each of the separate email accounts. If you click on a bad link, you get put on a list that goes up the ladder to project managers and to your specific lead and your career counselor, and HR, as well as reports that go to the managing directors on the account ,both company and client, you are staffed on. Then you have do training on it immediately or get hounded for being an idiot and to do the training. 

I know this cause once a couple years back I pulled and all nighter on some work and having been up for over 24 hours straight I blindly clicked a link in one of phishing mails they sent and BAM, a screen with "You have just been phished. You now need to do the following...."

And they make some of those emails tricky. Spell a word wrong in the subject line or in the body of the email or they have a bad email address even though the sender's name that is easy to focus on is something correct, etc... And they almost always make them urgent actions required to retain access, or something about your expenses being incorrect, or something about safety and such. They focus on targeting an emotional reaction from you by saying something to the affect that if you don't do something (click the link) , you are basically going to be screwed.  And just the opposite is true. 

I am keenly aware. We do the same thing as do many organizations. Tools like Knowbe4 make it pretty easy for us to test and train our staff. 

You still have a hard time getting click rates less than 3%, which means it doesn’t take much to find a schmuck and have an event. 

12 hours ago, fandandy said:

It's a glitch in the simulation.  :ninja:

Love this one. Some IT person somewhere is like oh sh1t I accidentally sent a bunch of them stuff! Management: fock it, they don’t know up from down anymore :first:

So fftoday got hacked? I've been getting the same email but using an older PW

On 11/21/2019 at 9:36 AM, DonS said:

Interesting.  I also just stuck w the generated one so I'll watch out for the nefarious Russian wh0res. 

Nefarious Russian wh0res give non nefarious Russian wh0res a bad name