Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Mike Boone anyone?

Recommended Posts

Just bid  on and picked up Boone this week. Mostly to block my opponent from getting him. I am considering playing him over Singletary who plays this afternoon, but that is high risk since Minnesota doesn't play until Monday. 

Also, not sure that even if both Cook and Mattison are out that Abdullah doesn't get all the passing downs.

Anyone taking a shot on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm deciding on Boone or Lindsay in my flex.  Also have Gallup in consideration....I wish my choice was more clear !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest Rotoblurb suggesting Mattison has a real shot at playing:

Alexander Mattison (ankle) was cleared for individual drills at Saturday's practice.

He'll likely be listed as limited. It's a step in the right direction for Mattison, who's shaping up as a game-time decision. With Dalvin Cook not expected to play, the Vikings may try to push Mattison at less than 100 percent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JOHN 316 said:

I'm deciding on Boone or Lindsay in my flex.  Also have Gallup in consideration....I wish my choice was more clear !!!!

Boone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stratmel said:

I got Boone or Thielen for a wr/rb flex spot. Pretty sure I'm sticking w/ Boone.

Boone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, birdiepop22 said:

Boone for Chubb?? Am I crazy? I’m thinking the game could get out of hand quickly for the Browns and Mayfield will be forced to throw a ton?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained & all that, but you would have to have a pretty big set of  !@#$% to sit a guy who's leading the NFL in rushing yds, & start an un-drafted free agent with 30 career carries & a handful of receptions. Good luck on whatever choice you make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained & all that, but you would have to have a pretty big set of  !@#$% to sit a guy who's leading the NFL in rushing yds, & start an un-drafted free agent with 30 career carries & a handful of receptions. Good luck on whatever choice you make.

Just not sure... the Ravens are a different team since they lost to Cleveland. My other options are Mack and Mostert (2 RB, flex WR/RB)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, birdiepop22 said:

Just not sure... the Ravens are a different team since they lost to Cleveland. My other options are Mack and Mostert (2 RB, flex WR/RB)

Mack has what should be considered a dream matchup at home against the worst run defense in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Mack has what should be considered a dream matchup at home against the worst run defense in the NFL.

Definitely starting Mack. Maybe should bench Mostert for Boone... ugh 😫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sitting here with Boone, Lindsay, and Drake....no idea what to do.

If Mattison could come back then its between those 2. Who would you guys start? If Mattison doesn't come back though then I'm going with Boone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, birdiepop22 said:

Boone for Chubb?? Am I crazy? I’m thinking the game could get out of hand quickly for the Browns and Mayfield will be forced to throw a ton?

Chubb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, birdiepop22 said:

Definitely starting Mack. Maybe should bench Mostert for Boone... ugh 😫

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phinfan0301 said:

I'm sitting here with Boone, Lindsay, and Drake....no idea what to do.

If Mattison could come back then its between those 2. Who would you guys start? If Mattison doesn't come back though then I'm going with Boone.

Drake and Boone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Boone and Mattison... if Mattison plays its gonna screw up everything with a RBBC. Mattison would be the play, but what if he goes out early or they take it easy on him... I pray he is out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, snatchit said:

I have Boone and Mattison... if Mattison plays its gonna screw up everything with a RBBC. Mattison would be the play, but what if he goes out early or they take it easy on him... I pray he is out

Tough call to make now that Mattison practiced today... might have to start Chubb now and hope for the best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snatchit said:

I have Boone and Mattison... if Mattison plays its gonna screw up everything with a RBBC. Mattison would be the play, but what if he goes out early or they take it easy on him... I pray he is out

Yup.  know. Same here.

In my league I have Cook, Mattison, and Boone. This situation is officially "Donkey balls".  Now I'm deciding whether to start Ekeler or M. Sanders in Boone's place....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would start Chubb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanders if you want to replace Boone. 

But I think Boone we’ll be the Vikings rb1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RabidSeaCows said:

Yup.  know. Same here.

In my league I have Cook, Mattison, and Boone. This situation is officially "Donkey balls".  Now I'm deciding whether to start Ekeler or M. Sanders in Boone's place....

Ekeler would be my choice anyway, regardless of the Minn RB situation  !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Alexander Mattison (questionable, ankle) is not expected to play Week 16 against the Packers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, d'eaux boy said:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Alexander Mattison (questionable, ankle) is not expected to play Week 16 against the Packers.

This ^

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/50161/alexander-mattison

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Alexander Mattison (questionable, ankle) is not expected to play Week 16 against the Packers.

Now assured of a playoff spot (San Francisco eliminated the Rams with Saturday's victory), there's no reason for Mattison to push it at less than 100 percent. Schefter confirms it will be the Mike Boone Show when the Vikings renew their long-standing rivalry with Green Bay Monday in Minneapolis. Slated for workhorse usage against a Packers defense that has allowed the ninth-most rushing yards per game, Boone checks all the RB2 boxes for Week 16.

RELATED: 

Mike Boone

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 22, 2019, 9:12 AM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing Boone tonight......benched Gallup......hoping for a Festivus Miracle !!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2.5 hours to game time and I still can't get an official ruling on whether Mattison is out of not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, nobody said:

2.5 hours to game time and I still can't get an official ruling on whether Mattison is out of not.

He hasn't practiced in two weeks but all of a sudden they start him like he's fine. I don't think so. It's Boone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up Boone last week to keep him off my opponent's roster, but I never came close to starting him. There were too many questions as to whether Mattison would be available leading up to MNF, or how much of a role would be allotted to Abdullah. Boone's game last week against the Chargers was encouraging, but the sample size was too limited, and his production came against a bad, turnover-prone team that was already out of the playoff picture.

I also remembered the FF excitement over the Atlanta Falcons' Brian Hill who briefly took over for Devonta Freeman a few weeks ago, and then promptly laid an egg when Hill's moment to shine came and went. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opponent in the final (Cook owner) needed 18 from Boone.  Have to admit, I thought it was a 50/50 chance.  Was feeling pretty confident by halftime that Boone had nothing.  He crushed a lot of dreams tonight 😆

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played Boone tonight too...but had a large enough cushion to still beat my opponent by 44 !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too waited for Boone instead of rolling with Sony Michel or John Brown. That didn’t work out. But hell, the Vikes laid an epic egg even with the Pack fumbling all over the place. They led for a decent while and still were deadset on being cutesy instead of elbowing Green Bay in the face similar to how a couple teams have done with success this year.
 

Boo for Boone. Sorry for everyone who needed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×