Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

He probably wasn't running very fast with those binoculars on his face.

• Haha 1

330000 doses tossed due to sever allergic reactions in San Diego.

Everyone else first so I won't need this toxin pumped into my system.

On 1/17/2021 at 7:25 AM, TimHauck said:

I had dinner with a friend over the weekend who I had not seen for a couple years.  He works on the COVID floor of his hospital.  His job is to get prepare patients for discharge from the hospital.  He told me that things have been much better recently but November was terrible.  They were full and people were dying every day.  It's been incredibly stressful for him as he would see couples come in together with COVID and many of them would get discharge by themselves because one had passed away.  This was the first time him and his wife had been out to eat since last March.

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

330000 doses tossed due to sever allergic reactions in San Diego.

Everyone else first so I won't need this toxin pumped into my system.

I don’t see that they were “tossed,” just “paused”

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/states-top-doctor-recommends-covid-19-vaccine-providers-pause-certain-batch-after-allergic-reactions-at-tailgate-park/2498536/

Just got my haircut.  Didn't wear a mask.  :o

48 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Just got my haircut.  Didn't wear a mask.  :o

Can I have your user name when you die?

• Haha 1

Looks like Alex Berenson was right about it all. No wonder the failing NYT got rid of him.  

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Looks like Alex Berenson was right about it all. 

Why?  Did he take the over on 400k deaths?

Miami Fl is thriving. Most other places are dying. Sad

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why?  Did he take the over on 400k deaths?

No.  He was right that many of those deaths were easily preventable by not locking down. Lock down a made it worse. The guy should get a Pulitzer. 

46 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No.  He was right that many of those deaths were easily preventable by not locking down. Lock down a made it worse. The guy should get a Pulitzer. 

Link?

47 minutes ago, Strike said:

Worth pointing out once again that many of those job losses would have happened anyway regardless of what restrictions were put in place.  The author even notes this, and in fact lockdowns are not even referenced in that Abstract (although they are later). 

9 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

Have they decided when they will mandate lowering the Ct rate back to the scientific norm of 25 ? 

This way we can pretend measure taken have made the difference.  

Come on,  35 to 40 gets you a positive result almost every time.   :nono:

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Worth pointing out once again that many of those deaths would have happened anyway regardless of what restrictions were put in place.  The author even notes this, and in fact lockdowns are not even referenced in that Abstract (although they are later). 

8 hours ago, Drizzay said:

I’ve maintained that there shouldn’t have been very strict lockdowns after the first month or so (and in a lot of places there weren’t).  But I have zero doubt that simple restrictions like having no large crowds at clubs, concerts or indoor sporting events likely prevented many deaths.

But this is at least a better argument than “lockdowns” made covid deaths worse which is crazy talk.  

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’ve maintained that there shouldn’t have been very strict lockdowns after the first month or so (and in a lot of places there weren’t).  But I have zero doubt that simple restrictions like having no large crowds at clubs, concerts or indoor sporting events likely prevented many deaths.

But this is at least a better argument than “lockdowns” made covid deaths worse which is crazy talk.  

Meh, there is no proof of any of it. Weren't we all told that lockdowns would distribute cases over time, not eliminate them?  

Drizzay, are you acknowledging that covid resulted in many excess deaths?  Sorry, hard to keep up with who believes what conspiracy theories around here.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Meh, there is no proof of any of it. Weren't we all told that lockdowns would distribute cases over time, not eliminate them?  

If you’re talking “cases,” that’s probably mostly true, however slowing down the initial spike gave the country more time to learn about the virus and of course not overwhelm the health care system (in many areas, of course in some that happened anyway), which would have resulted in more both covid and non covid deaths.

We also have a vaccine now, and I believe current estimates on the high end are only maybe 20% of the country has had covid so far.  So the vaccine will save lives by vaccinating people that haven’t caught it yet (even if it means maybe they still catch it but don’t get seriously ill).

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Drizzay, are you acknowledging that covid resulted in many excess deaths?  Sorry, hard to keep up with who believes what conspiracy theories around here.

So true. I hear people are still buying into the "wet market " lie.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

If you’re talking “cases,” that’s probably mostly true, however slowing down the initial spike gave the country more time to learn about the virus and of course not overwhelm the health care system (in many areas, of course in some that happened anyway), which would have resulted in more both covid and non covid deaths.

We also have a vaccine now, and I believe current estimates on the high end are only maybe 20% of the country has had covid so far.  So the vaccine will save lives by vaccinating people that haven’t caught it yet (even if it means maybe they still catch it but don’t get seriously ill).

The fact that there isn't massive antibody testing is a crime. Isn't it of supreme importance to have that data? The conspiracy theories to which I subscribe are all based on what I feel is an intentional ignorance of that data.

• Like 1

The goal was to get Trump out of office.  Now that that's done, I have to imagine life gets back to normal in the next few months.  We all know that this virus is not a threat to over 99% of us.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

So true. I hear people are still buying into the "wet market " lie.

I'd believe it was man-made.  I don't believe they intentionally released it though.

44 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The fact that there isn't massive antibody testing is a crime. Isn't it of supreme importance to have that data? 

Fair argument.  Although it does seem like it's pretty available for those who want it, but many have just chosen not to get it.    And we know how "strongly encouraging" people to do things has gone over during this pandemic...

38 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

The goal was to get Trump out of office.  Now that that's done, I have to imagine life gets back to normal in the next few months.  We all know that this virus is not a threat to over 99% of us.

Whose goal?  China?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Fair argument.  Although it does seem like it's pretty available for those who want it, but many have just chosen not to get it.    And we know how "strongly encouraging" people to do things has gone over during this pandemic...

It's available for private consumption. It should be heavily promoted and supported more.  These are numbers that are the most important to establishing exactly where we are from a scientific standpoint.  Why would the party of science not be screaming for this data?  Obviously because of what it might contain.  

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Whose goal?  China?

No, the Democrats, that's why you saw more lockdowns in D States v R States.

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

The goal is total power.  Once we accept any level of control, they will never give it up.  They can now make a case the extend the lockdowns forever by claiming there is a mutation of covid or right wing riots.  The next step is to roll out a BIG or some kind of monthly stipend.  This is a police state.  Reeducation camps are being threatened now.  If you have a job, they already force you into a reeducation program about politics. 

Look at FBG.  Once the liberals there realized they could ban people and get away it, they started targeting all of the right wingers.  Just make up any reason they want.  "It is what it is".  It didn't stop because they got rid of the big targets.  Pretty soon it was anyone showing right wing tendencies. 

Do you think you will EVER be hired for a big job again and not get a battery of tests to determine if you are a republican, and not require hours of political reeducation to make sure you goose step?  Its not going to stop.

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

jwatching the headlines shift in the coming days will be pure entertainment

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

No, the Democrats, that's why you saw more lockdowns in D States v R States.

China as well. Trump was in their way. Biden will get on his knees for them and suck.

31 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Look at FBG.  Once the liberals there realized they could ban people and get away it, they started targeting all of the right wingers.  Just make up any reason they want.  "It is what it is".  It didn't stop because they got rid of the big targets.  Pretty soon it was anyone showing right wing tendencies. 

Do you think you will EVER be hired for a big job again and not get a battery of tests to determine if you are a republican, and not require hours of political reeducation to make sure you goose step?  Its not going to stop.

The cesspool is a microcosm of America. Quite the experiment.  

9 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

jwatching the headlines shift in the coming days will be pure entertainment

They already have.

It was "EVERYONE WILL BE DEAD! DONT LEAVE THE HOUSE!" from pre thanksgiving up until Jan 6.

Then it became "TRUMP COUP!"

I'm guessing once he's gone it will be "BIDEN FIXES EVERYTHING!"

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

It's available for private consumption. It should be heavily promoted and supported more.  These are numbers that are the most important to establishing exactly where we are from a scientific standpoint.  Why would the party of science not be screaming for this data?  Obviously because of what it might contain.  

If people knew theyre positive for antibodies, mask wearing would plummet.  Can't have that. 

Just now, Fireballer said:

If people knew theyre positive for antibodies, mask wearing would plummet.  Can't have that. 

And they would open restaurants, bars, (God forbid)Schools.  Not good for business.

35 minutes ago, lod001 said:

The cesspool is a microcosm of America. Quite the experiment.  

This is also a cesspool.  The unhinged has flipped from the left to the right now.  It's almost comical that so many can't even see it.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This is also a cesspool.  The unhinged has flipped from the left to the right now.  It's almost comical that so many can't even see it.

Example, besides civil war guy, of the unhinged around here?