Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

4 hours ago, lod001 said:

🤣 Hey buddy how's that jab working for ya? oh, you're dead. I guess we were right. What a fockin idiot.

I have no idea who this guy is, but first of all, 63 is not young at all.

I guess the gotcha seems be in his comments and the fact that he’s a bodybuilder.  If you can’t accept a 63 year old dying, seems plausible there are other potential causes, such as steroids.

I do find this particular GC Covid contradiction quite funny though:

the GC: “they’re counting anyone that tested positive within 28 days as a Covid death, the #’s are way overinflated!!” (Which wasn’t really true anyway)

Also the GC: if anyone died at any time after the vax (coming up on almost 2 years here), it must have been the vax that killed them!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I have no idea who this guy is, but first of all, 63 is not young at all.

I guess the gotcha seems be in his comments and the fact that he’s a bodybuilder.  If you can’t accept a 63 year old dying, seems plausible there are other potential causes, such as steroids.

I do find this particular GC Covid contradiction quite funny though:

the GC: “they’re counting anyone that tested positive within 28 days as a Covid death, the #’s are way overinflated!!” (Which wasn’t really true anyway)

Also the GC: if anyone died at any time after the vax (coming up on almost 2 years here), it must have been the vax that killed them!

Don't recall you complaining about all of the 75 year old diabetics being call covid deaths. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Don't recall you complaining about all of the 75 year old diabetics being call covid deaths. :lol:

I’ve never disputed that the majority of Covid deaths were old (but not all of them, and a small increase in absolute deaths in younger people can still result in a large % increase).  But people are trying to claim “the vax is killing the young and healthy,” when often times they’re not even young and healthy to begin with, and often other times there is another confirmed cause of death

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

đź’Ą

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Nailed it.

23 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

But people are trying to claim “the vax is killing the young and healthy,” when often times they’re not even young and healthy to begin with, and often other times there is another confirmed cause of death

:lol:  Conveniently forgotten all the "30 year old in perfect health dies of Covid".

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:  Conveniently forgotten all the "30 year old in perfect health dies of Covid".

Yes that would be worthy of being a story, but that’s not mutually exclusive from also acknowledging that most Covid deaths were/are among older people.

And when the vax is confirmed to be linked to the death of someone (even moreso of a younger person), that is worthy of being a story too. 

But it’s tiring to hear lod literally saying anytime someone has a heart attack or “dies suddenly” and they got the vax (or sometimes we don’t even know if they got the vax!) at any point in the past 2 years, that they died because of the vax.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

how many shots and boosters do I need to get current, I am still scared of covid

I know you’re being sarcastic, but 2 shots (all I have) is still considered “fully vaccinated.”  

But I think you need 1 booster to be considered “up to date”

13 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

how many shots and boosters do I need to get current, I am still scared of covid

As many as it takes.  

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I know you’re being sarcastic, but 2 shots (all I have) is still considered “fully vaccinated.”  

so I will be safer if I go get 3 jabs than if I have zero

like I can't get covid, and I can't spread it to my loved ones.  I still care about gramma

I hear when nuclear fallout comes the jab will be crucial 

I should have got it before hurricane Ian, so it wouldn't have hit florida, sorry all

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

How many shots do I need to prevent me from catching Covid?

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Do they still recommend the original shots for those who don't have it?  Since we've moved on to the Omicrons I can't imagine they do much for you, other than give you heart problems.

I would think they'd just move on to the highly-tested "bivalent" booster and call it a day.  Maybe that's not enough profit for Pfizer and Moderna though.  :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

How many shots do I need to prevent me from catching Covid?

You mean a "breakthrough" case?  Can't be avoided.  Giving covid?  Can't be avoided either.  Amazing similarities to being unvaxxed.  Without the "breakthrough". 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Do they still recommend the original shots for those who don't have it?  Since we've moved on to the Omicrons I can't imagine they do much for you, other than give you heart problems.

I would think they'd just move on to the highly-tested "bivalent" booster and call it a day.  Maybe that's not enough profit for Pfizer and Moderna though.  :dunno: 

Lol, you’re like Dr John Campbell.  Started out normal, now full anticovidvax.

First 2 shots are still protective against hospitalization and death.  The only real argument against them (particularly for older adults) now is that most people likely also have natural immunity by now too.

I believe you need the first 2 in order to be eligible for the new booster.  But, remember if you are scared of the mRNA the Novavax is available now too.  And pretty sure the government isn’t going to be needing many more doses from Pfizer/Moderna than they had already ordered, so I don’t think they’re making any more money with the new booster being available.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Lol, you’re like Dr John Campbell.  Started out normal, now full anticovidvax.

First 2 shots are still protective against hospitalization and death.  The only real argument against them now is that most people likely also have natural immunity by now too.

I believe you need the first 2 in order to be eligible for the new booster.  But, remember if you are scared of the mRNA the Novavax is available now too.  And pretty sure the government isn’t going to be needing many more doses from Pfizer/Moderna than they had already ordered, so I don’t think they’re making any more money with the new booster being available.

It was an honest question.  I already told you that the Covid researcher said the wuhan/original vax in the bivalent booster is worthless and only serves to ease the testing/approval requirements.  Why is the original shot different?

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

It was an honest question.  I already told you that the Covid researcher said the wuhan/original vax in the bivalent booster is worthless and only serves to ease the testing/approval requirements.  Why is the original shot different?

cause Tm said so

I know you guys are all anti-vax, but I'll share anyway.

I was vax skeptical when it first came out, ended up getting 2 pfizer shots anyway after enough people got them and people weren't turning magnetic, since then I've gotten covid twice and was fine both times.  I also had covid before the shots and was pretty damn sick.  So at this point I don't see the need to get any more shots.  I'm sure I'll get covid again, and it will be mild again, regardless.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Listen to the interview I posted 

6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I was vax skeptical when it first came out, ended up getting 2 pfizer shots anyway after enough people got them and people weren't turning magnetic, since then I've gotten covid twice and was fine both times.  I also had covid before the shots and was pretty damn sick.  So at this point I don't see the need to get any more shots.  I'm sure I'll get covid again, and it will be mild again, regardless.

I had covid before the "vax" and so did a bunch of my friends.  All my friends who got the "vax" have had covid multiple times.  I have been around them all extended periods of time and got sick, but never again have I tested positive for covid.

they all tested positive 2-3 times

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Non-vaxxer, not anti-vaxxer.  Do what you want and be happy about it.  A hard concept for some to wrap their head around.  And FYI I have had covid at least 2x and one time I was sick for a couple of weeks.  Weirdest sickness I ever had.  Anyway, I got chock full of antibodies and have no regerts.  

1 hour ago, lickin_starfish said:

Since injected people can still catch and spread the coofs, why are people getting fired for rejecting the injections?

Cuz science, dummy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Yes that would be worthy of being a story, but that’s not mutually exclusive from also acknowledging that most Covid deaths were/are among older people.

And when the vax is confirmed to be linked to the death of someone (even moreso of a younger person), that is worthy of being a story too. 

But it’s tiring to hear lod literally saying anytime someone has a heart attack or “dies suddenly” and they got the vax (or sometimes we don’t even know if they got the vax!) at any point in the past 2 years, that they died because of the vax.

You're overzealous about defending the vax.  Young healthy people shouldn't take it.  Older people and those with pre-existing conditions should.

The dominant message right now is everyone 5 and up should take it (or whatever the age ranges people are advocating for these days), and if you listen to some people, you're a jerk if you don't get it.  That's the prevailing sentiment.  That needs to be fixed, so you coming in here and nitpicking arguments about why people shouldn't take the vax aren't helping anything.  Who cares if the reasoning isn't 100% sound?  It wasn't 100% sound when they were pushing it down our throats either.  We need the pendulum to swing back the other way, so we land somewhere near common sense.

9 minutes ago, nobody said:

You're overzealous about defending the vax.  Young healthy people shouldn't take it.  Older people and those with pre-existing conditions should.

The dominant message right now is everyone 5 and up should take it (or whatever the age ranges people are advocating for these days), and if you listen to some people, you're a jerk if you don't get it.  That's the prevailing sentiment

I disagree.  It was at one point, but I believe most people have backed away from this stance.  Seems as though the reasonable people are on board with "Get the vax if you want, or don't, or whatever is not inconvenient.  Same with masks".

There are still some people out there that get offended by non vaxers/non maskers, but there are also people that still claim the vaccine is not a vaccine.  You can't fix crazy.

11 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I disagree.  It was at one point, but I believe most people have backed away from this stance.  Seems as though the reasonable people are on board with "Get the vax if you want, or don't, or whatever is not inconvenient.  Same with masks".

There are still some people out there that get offended by non vaxers/non maskers, but there are also people that still claim the vaccine is not a vaccine.  You can't fix crazy.

Vaccine = something that prevents me from getting a disease and from spreading it to others

Vaccine does not = something that may make me not get as sick if I get a cold but we dont know if its cause we have previous antibodies created just from being around it for the last 3 years

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Vaccine = something that prevents me from getting a disease and from spreading it to others

Vaccine does not = something that may make me not get as sick if I get a cold but we dont know if its cause we have previous antibodies created just from being around it for the last 3 years

See what I mean...

• Confused 1

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

See what I mean...

Well he was correct until they changed the definition of vaccine.

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I was hoping you weren't so crazy retarded anymore, I was wrong.

Are you denying that the CDC's definition of a vaccine went from

Injection of a killed or weakened infectious organism in order to prevent disease.

to

The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.

to

The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce protection from a specific disease.

If not, then why would you be surprised people would define a vaccine differently when the definition keeps changing?

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

Are you denying that the CDC's definition of a vaccine went from

Injection of a killed or weakened infectious organism in order to prevent disease.

to

The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.

to

The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce protection from a specific disease.

If not, then why would you be surprised people would define a vaccine differently when the definition keeps changing?

No, not denying it at all.  I don't care what definition you want to use, it's still a vaccine.

I've said this over and over, no vaccine is 100% effective.  We've had the influenza vaccine, the pneumococcal vaccine, chickenpox vaccine, none of which are near 100% effective at preventing disease, and they are all vaccines.  It's been a stupid hill for all you to die on, but here you are.

Yes it's a vaccine, it was, it is, it was originally effective, now it doesn't really do much, but it's still a vaccine.  Arguing against that just makes you look retarded.

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

No, not denying it at all.  I don't care what definition you want to use, it's still a vaccine.

I've said this over and over, no vaccine is 100% effective.  We've had the influenza vaccine, the pneumococcal vaccine, chickenpox vaccine, none of which are near 100% effective at preventing disease, and they are all vaccines.  It's been a stupid hill for all you to die on, but here you are.

Yes it's a vaccine, it was, it is, it was originally effective, now it doesn't really do much, but it's still a vaccine.  Arguing against that just makes you look retarded.

That's a semantic argument.  In the context of discussion, people are saying it isn't a vaccine because they understand they will still get COVID.  Who cares if it prevented some strain that no longer exists?  At least with the flu vaccine they predict which strains could be out there.  With COVID, they are trying to innoculate people against a strain that isn't even a threat.  That's pretty obviously the point.

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It's really noble of you to stand up for Trump's miracle juice.

Just now, nobody said:

That's a semantic argument.  In the context of discussion, people are saying it isn't a vaccine because they understand they will still get COVID.  Who cares if it prevented some strain that no longer exists?  At least with the flu vaccine they predict which strains could be out there.  With COVID, they are trying to innoculate people against a strain that isn't even a threat.  That's pretty obviously the point.

Well the old vaccine still helps with severity, and the new vaccine targets the new strains.  It's turning into a flu vaccine, but you still don't consider it a vaccine.  That's retarded.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

🤪

6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Well the old vaccine still helps with severity, and the new vaccine targets the new strains.  It's turning into a flu vaccine, but you still don't consider it a vaccine.  That's retarded.

The flu shot was never considered a vaccine until they change the definition of Vaccine. Everyone called it the flu shot before that.

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The flu shot was never considered a vaccine until they change the definition of Vaccine. Everyone called it the flu shot before that.

Here is a journal from 2018 that discusses the influenza vaccine efficacy.  It was always considered a vaccine.  You sound like a complete retard.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5815489/

And yes, we all call it a flu shot, because it's a shot, or an injection (well not all flu vaccines are injections but I don't want to confuse you).

Stop making yourself look like a fool, man.