Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Bloomberg's comments on farmer vs. technology jobs

I guess farmers, and maybe plumbers, and electricians, and builders, and being a worker in a factory and the like don't need as much "gray matter" per Bloomberg. I guess that's not our future? And I didn't realize being a farmer was that simple and mindless. :dunno:

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s campaign slammed Sen. Bernie Sanders I-Vt. for circulating a 2016 video of Bloomberg’s comments on farming in which he said, “You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn.”.

“Now comes the information economy and the information economy is fundamentally different because it’s built around replacing people with technology and the skill sets that you have to learn are how to think and analyze, and that is a whole degree level different. You have to have a different skill set, you have to have a lot more gray matter.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bloombergs-2016-comments-degrading-farmers-are-totally-off-base-john-lott

He meant gay matter

I don’t think he realizes just how much goes into farming. I feel like he’s never stepped foot on a farm at all before. He’d be in for a rude awakening If he ever did. 

11 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I don’t think he realizes just how much goes into farming. I feel like he’s never stepped foot on a farm at all before. He’d be in for a rude awakening If he ever did. 

This is very cool. Paul Harvey.

7 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

He is an idiot for what he said and has no grasp of what it is like to be a farmer.

Dumb thing to say. A farmer's head would explode if he was asked to do some hi-tech computers things that people do and those techies' heads would explode if they ever had to grow a crop in the fields.  We need scientists, artists, garbage men, farmers, doctors, and teachers. Not all have (or require) the same skillset.  Trying to value one high than the other is stupid. Add to the list of dumb things Bloomberg has said.

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

Dumb thing to say. A farmer's head would explode if he was asked to do some hi-tech computers things that people do and those techies' heads would explode if they ever had to grow a crop in the fields.  We need scientists, artists, garbage men, farmers, doctors, and teachers. Not all have (or require) the same skillset.  Trying to value one high than the other is stupid. Add to the list of dumb things Bloomberg has said.

You'd be amazed at how much high tech farmers do so they can be make the best of the crops they yield. They aren't stupid.

• Like 2

Everything stupid  Mike Bloomberg has said or done over his lifetime is going to come out over the next few weeks.  Here's your latest installment.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

You'd be amazed at how much high tech farmers do so they can be make the best of the crops they yield. They aren't stupid.

I'm sure large corporation farms have extremely smart people working on the staff.  And even Old McDonald and his farm have probably outsourced technology geniuses to keep them up to speed on the latest equipment to maximize crop size and efficiency.  There's more to it than planting a hole and dropping seeds in. 

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Everything stupid  Mike Bloomberg has said or done over his lifetime is going to come out over the next few weeks.  Here's your latest installment.

Best to get them out during the primaries

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Saying dumb things matters now?

Obviously not. This site still allows you personally to post anything you want.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Observer said:

I'm sure large corporation farms have extremely smart people working on the staff.  And even Old McDonald and his farm have probably outsourced technology geniuses to keep them up to speed on the latest equipment to maximize crop size and efficiency.  There's more to it than planting a hole and dropping seeds in. 

Wrong again. I have a lot of family that are farmers and they don't outsource anything. It's amazing the technology they use to maximize output. My grandfather was a farmer and one of the greatest quotes he ever said to me was..."farmers are the biggest gamblers in the world".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Let me know when he says "Grab them by the poosay".  :lol:

Lol  It's so true.  When I hear about stop and frisk or something else that Bloomberg said, there's never even a remote chance that Trump hasn't said or done something ten times worse.  It's like when the Trumpsters were pushing the narrative that Biden was a pervert because he would touch a girl's shoulders or hold a hug a second too long. Trump has 19 sexual assault cases against him. Biden has zero!  lol  Is the pervert-angle one you rally want to play?  Same with racism and Bloomberg.  🤣

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Obviously not. This site still allows you personally to post anything you want.

Sick burn...

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Lol  It's so true.  When I hear about stop and frisk or something else that Bloomberg said, there's never even a remote chance that Trump hasn't said or done something ten times worse.  It's like when the Trumpsters were pushing the narrative that Biden was a pervert because he would touch a girl's shoulders or hold a hug a second too long. Trump has 19 sexual assault cases against him. Biden has zero!  lol  Is the pervert-angle one you rally want to play?  Same with racism and Bloomberg.  🤣

1 hour ago, Mr. Hand said:

Some serious chemistry and genetics in farming...not for simple minded.

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

19? Where? Has a grand jury been seated to hear the evidence? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Hand said:

Wrong again. I have a lot of family that are farmers and they don't outsource anything. It's amazing the technology they use to maximize output. My grandfather was a farmer and one of the greatest quotes he ever said to me was..."farmers are the biggest gamblers in the world".

Did he ever bet the farm?  😏

2 hours ago, edjr said:

He meant gay matter

Well to be fair, it must take an immense amount of brain power for a lib male voter to wake up each morning, realize you STILL have a c0ck, and then convince yourself you're actually a girl or one of the countless other make believe "genders".  Only imbeciles believe in only 2 genders, dontcha know. 

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

Well to be fair, it must take an immense amount of brain power for a lib male voter to wake up each morning, realize you STILL have a c0ck, and then convince yourself you're actually a girl or one of the countless other make believe "genders".  Only imbeciles believe in only 2 genders, dontcha know. 

Nailed it

40 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Some serious chemistry and genetics in farming...not for simple minded.

Okay, okay.  Let's not pretend your average farmer is some chemical and genetic genius because they implement the latest advancements in agriculture.  

4 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

It’s your primary.  Use the info or don’t, I don’t care.

I wasn’t voting for Bloomberg anyway.

2 hours ago, Mr. Hand said:

Yep. Guy we buy corn and strawberries from graduated NC State and he uses tablets, mapping, statistics, etc on his farm. Nowadays, they have both  skill sets

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Why?  Who are you voting for?

PA has a closed primary and I’m not a registered Democrat so right now, nobody. If I register it will probably be to vote for Bernie Sanders.

I wonder how long Mini can go without food? 

The left needs someone to beat Bernie and the best they got is this guy? 

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

PA has a closed primary and I’m not a registered Democrat so right now, nobody. If I register it will probably be to vote for Bernie Sanders.

Yikes.  Bernie?  Big swing for an independent.  

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Not really. Bernie is no democrat. 

Honestly, pretty soon it’s gonna be that the left won’t buy stuff from anyone affiliated with the right and won’t sell their stuff to them. And vice versa. It’s already happening on a small scale. 

24 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Bernie is an independent. If he doesn’t get the nomination I’m probably voting 3rd party again.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Bernie is an independent. If he doesn’t get the nomination I’m probably voting 3rd party again.

You mean voting for Tump

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Watching those idiots cry is gold, Jerry. Anyone that wrapped up in the presidential election has serious mental issues. 

• Like 1