Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Why are people still hoarding toilet paper?

On 3/26/2020 at 7:41 AM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You guys are missing the most obvious answer.  With people being sheltered in place, there is a ton of masturbation going on.  

CLEAN UP!!!!!  AISLE 4 !!!!!!

22 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Exact opposite here.  Flour, yeast and other baking items fully stocked.  Still no TP.   

That's how it was at the store yesterday. Everything but tp, paper towel, and dawn dish soap. 

There were actually about a dozen individually sold cheap rolls of TP. Also 3 dual packs of off brand paper towel. That's a hell of a lot more than the past 3 weeks. 

On 3/27/2020 at 10:14 AM, Cloaca du jour said:

My local grocery had pallets of it in the aisle..no one seemed too anxious although flour and rice were still non existent.  I want to make some dutch oven sourdough bread I saw online.

Sam's had 2 full pallets of rice, 20 lbs. bags just begging to be bought this morning. 

So a week ago we were able to get a 30 pack of double rolls from Costco.  Adding that to the 20 rolls we had made us feel prepared for the long haul.  Last night I look in the pantry and notice another 30 pack of double rolls sitting on a high shelf.  Ugh.  I think we're officially hoarders.

Anyone still having trouble finding TP?

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Still hit or miss in this area. Picked up a 4 pack the last time I visited the grocery- limit 1 per customer. That's actually the first time I've seen it on the shelves in a month.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

So a week ago we were able to get a 30 pack of double rolls from Costco.  Adding that to the 20 rolls we had made us feel prepared for the long haul.  Last night I look in the pantry and notice another 30 pack of double rolls sitting on a high shelf.  Ugh.  I think we're officially hoarders.

Stores near me never seem to have any.  Once I saw a couple 4 packs of some weird brand left in one of the stores and it was a 1 per customer setup. I'm guessing the second any comes in, it's gone within the hour. :dunno:

41 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Stores near me never seem to have any.  Once I saw a couple 4 packs of some weird brand left in one of the stores and it was a 1 per customer setup. I'm guessing the second any comes in, it's gone within the hour. :dunno:

Try convenience stores. That's where I found mine.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I saw a few individual roles of some off brand once. I have not seen a single pack of toilet paper at any of the 4 stores I go to. On top of that every hand sanitizer online is reserved for hospitals.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:20 AM, NorthernVike said:

Exact opposite here.  Flour, yeast and other baking items fully stocked.  Still no TP.   

TP is back here, at Costco anyway.  We've already got a full Costco palate though so we should be good.

Yeast has been an enigma; suddenly there is a rash on baking?  My wife traditionally makes a challa/egg bread for Easter and she can't find yeast.  She did make two last holiday and froze one, but we aren't sure how that will defrost.  Guess we'll see...

Speaking of Easter, another tradition we have is cooking fresh Polish kielbasa.  There is an awesome pork shop 30 miles from here; I called this morning and they are open for business and have kielbasa in stock; I'm heading there after lunch.  Gawd bless our governor deeming dead pig meat an "essential service."  🤪

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

TP is back here, at Costco anyway.  We've already got a full Costco palate though so we should be good.

Yeast has been an enigma; suddenly there is a rash on baking?  My wife traditionally makes a challa/egg bread for Easter and she can't find yeast.  She did make two last holiday and froze one, but we aren't sure how that will defrost.  Guess we'll see...

Speaking of Easter, another tradition we have is cooking fresh Polish kielbasa.  There is an awesome pork shop 30 miles from here; I called this morning and they are open for business and have kielbasa in stock; I'm heading there after lunch.  Gawd bless our governor deeming dead pig meat an "essential service."  🤪

I can give her a yeast infection with my kielbasa.  :banana:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Well played!  :lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

I picked up some kielbasa today, thanks anyway, frozen tundra boy.  🙄

🤪

Also, AZ has had a hoarding run on... wait for it... medical marijuana.  

Valley medical marijuana dispensaries see surge in demand during COVID-19 pandemic

By Angela Gonzales / Demand has risen sharply at local dispensaries as the coronavirus has prompted a run on medical marijuana, meaning consumers are apparently hoarding more than just toilet paper. Company executives and industry experts spoke to the Business Journal about the challenges the rise in demand for cannabis creates.

I'm shocked!  :lol:

I talked to the manager of a local grocery store he said he is only able to receive 15% of his regular TP order. Talked to another at a wholesale distributor that supplies convenience stores. He said they usually get a trailer truck load of TP a week. The week they could only get one pallet.

On 3/26/2020 at 7:36 AM, taco breath said:

more retards, you can't drink frozen milk.  

Our local store got about 5000 rolls a week ago.  If anyone is desperate I could go by and see if they have any more and ship it.  They had palates of it sitting outside.  Shipping would be more than the tp.

There is an article out there, it is because the demand for commercial toilet paper has plummeted and the demand for residential toilet paper has increased two fold. This is because half the toilet paper usage is at work and those rolls tend to be different types/sizes than what we use at home.

Expect the shortage to continue for the short term.

9 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

Our local store got about 5000 rolls a week ago.  If anyone is desperate I could go by and see if they have any more and ship it.  They had palates of it sitting outside.  Shipping would be more than the tp.

Your next contest should be for toilet taper instead of a toof.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

There is an article out there, it is because the demand for commercial toilet paper has plummeted and the demand for residential toilet paper has increased two fold. This is because half the toilet paper usage is at work and those rolls tend to be different types/sizes than what we use at home.

Expect the shortage to continue for the short term.

That's part of it. Still the initial run on TP and the TP panic is what has made it last so long. 

Still zero packs of toilet paper that I have seen.

19 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Also, AZ has had a hoarding run on... wait for it... medical marijuana.  

I'm shocked!  :lol:

One could be arrested for possession pre Jan 1st before it became legal in IL. A few months recreational Mj is labeled as an essential service. Sounds logical

I picked up some extra rolls today if anyone needs some shipped. 

I was at Mexican grocery store yesterday, they had a full stocked row of 12-pack TP, limit 2.

And nobody but me picked up a pack in the 30 minutes I was there. 

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

why were you there for 30 mins?

I found it interesting that in addition to all paper products people really went after the Cappucino k-cups, jalapenos, and yeast..... really interesting....

7 hours ago, taco breath said:

why were you there for 30 mins?

Bcoz in addition to actually shopping for 10 minutes, they tend to arrest you if you don't pay.

Corona restrictions/guidelines have it taking forever to check out. With limited cashiers open, 6' spacing - took 20 minutes to just get thru the line and pay. 

10 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I was a Mexican grocery store yesterday, they had a full stocked row of 12-pack TP, limit 2.

Where in Mexico was this store?

Local grocery store had TP and Lysol wipes in stock.  

Please note:

Tornado Season is starting.  Better go stock up on light bulbs in case the power goes out.  :mellow:

My wife went to the store today with my youngest because they want to get out of the house.  They are both focking idiots.  

First off, she goes to the worst supermarket ever.  It has shitty selections, is overpriced, but there is plenty of parking, so she likes it.  :rolleyes:  There is parking because it sucks.

They had no 1% milk, so they bought no milk.  Steak was too expensive (Her: "it was $35".  Me: "Ok, how much per pound was it?".  Her:  "I don't know".  Me: :rolleyes: ).  They had TP, but it wasn't the kind we like.  :rolleyes:  

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My wife went to the store today with my youngest because they want to get out of the house.  They are both focking idiots.  

First off, she goes to the worst supermarket ever.  It has shitty selections, is overpriced, but there is plenty of parking, so she likes it.  :rolleyes:  There is parking because it sucks.

They had no 1% milk, so they bought no milk.  Steak was too expensive (Her: "it was $35".  Me: "Ok, how much per pound was it?".  Her:  "I don't know".  Me: :rolleyes: ).  They had TP, but it wasn't the kind we like.  :rolleyes:  

There are some very odd things going on with milk in the US right now.  Farmers are having to dump milk because of lack of demand.  Somehow grocery stores are low on supply, are limiting what people can buy and have high prices.  It doesn't make any sense.

I have yet to see any store running out of milk, people locally are not buying much of it for some reason....

24 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I have yet to see any store running out of milk, people locally are not buying much of it for some reason....

There is probably some tweet that says your balls fall off if you drink milk while on Corona. 

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

There is probably some tweet that says your balls fall off if you drink milk while on Corona. 

I've never tried it but I suspect mixing Corona's and milk would be disgusting.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

I've never tried it but I suspect mixing Corona's and milk would be disgusting.

That sounds horrible

I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old, we go through 4 gallons a week and have not had issues finding it.

8 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old, we go through 4 gallons a week and have not had issues finding it.

Mix it with Corona so it goes farther. 

i love milk.