Alias Detective

What’s for dinner?

Made crab cakes... will cook later.  Mango coulis 

Just now, Bier Meister said:

Made crab cakes... will cook later.  Mango coulis 

Was just watching DDD on Food Network. They were making some crab cakes with a Singapore flavor. Yum.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Was just watching DDD on Food Network. They were making some crab cakes with a Singapore flavor. Yum.

I play with the flavors.  

81 at 5:30... feeling a little tropical

The past few Fridays we made home made Detroit style pizza but the kids wanted regular deep dish tonight

https://ibb.co/HX30p8V

15 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

The past few Fridays we made home made Detroit style pizza but the kids wanted regular deep dish tonight

Damn that's good. We have a Jets pizza by us that does Detroit style deep dish. I absolutely love it

20 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We got take out from a local place. It was my wife’s choice on locale, so she went with a place with sangria to go. It was more expensive than the places we have been going lately, but it was pretty darn good. I had steak pizzaiola. Wife had chicken piccata. Kids had pizza and pasta. Also got some garlic rolls that were really good. 

Doing takeout tonight.  Wife's choice of course since it is Mother's Day weekend; I've suggested sushi but we'll see.  

20 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

That looks good; never heard of "Detroit style," it looks kinda like what we called "Sicilian" back in NE PA.  Also, thanks for adding the pics of your meals, it is a nice touch.  :cheers:

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Doing takeout tonight.  Wife's choice of course since it is Mother's Day weekend; I've suggested sushi but we'll see.  

That looks good; never heard of "Detroit style," it looks kinda like what we called "Sicilian" back in NE PA.  Also, thanks for adding the pics of your meals, it is a nice touch.  :cheers:

The picture isn't Detroit style pizza just normal deep dish.

Detroit style is deep-dish pizza baked in steel square pans. You cook the sauce separately and place it on top after the pizza is done cooking.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/images/2017/02/20170216-detroit-style-pizza-43-1500x1125.jpg

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

yeah... looks like a derivative of sicilian

Making gravy. Just added the ribs, chicken and meatballs.  

Making a boiled shrimp and mushroom appetizer and crab cakes with a spinach salad with hot bacon dressing for dinner tomorrow for my mother.  

21 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Take out for early birthday dinner....

Risibisi

Dang, gnocchi with wild boar...  :wub:

Whose birthday?

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

yeah... looks like a derivative of sicilian

I can see what we made yesterday looks like Sicilian. I don't have a picture of the detroit style pizza we made last week unfortunately. 

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Dang, gnocchi with wild boar...  :wub:

Whose birthday?

That is what I order 75% of the time

51 for me on Tuesday

Roasted chicken with rosemary  potatoes, carrots and onions. 

Asparagus sautéed in bacon grease 

Mixed Green Salad with fresh bacon bits and home made lemon vinaigrette.  

We had some leftover chili I had in the freezer along with some Mac and cheese. Comfort food on a crappy day (we had snow squalls). 

47 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We had some leftover chili I had in the freezer along with some Mac and cheese. Comfort food on a crappy day (we had snow squalls). 

I heard it was snowing back there.  Crazy!  :o

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Homemade bar style food.  Wings, fries and cheesesteaks.

kids are 15 and 17. Keeps them happy.

break out the deep fryer? 

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

break out the deep fryer? 

Sure did.  Went all out, now the house stinks!  Lol.

• Like 1

Movie night, I’m pushing for ET, the girly animation stuff is worn out, so it was pizza night. On a side note, I haven’t had a soda since this lockdown started, but I had a Coke. Holy shite is it sweet! Haven’t missed it. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Movie night, I’m pushing for ET, the girly animation stuff is worn out, so it was pizza night. On a side note, I haven’t had a soda since this lockdown started, but I had a Coke. Holy shite is it sweet! Haven’t missed it. 

On a similar note I bought a 6 pack of barq's a few weeks ago. I had half of one and dumped the rest. I used to love soda but it is awful now.

16 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

On a similar note I bought a 6 pack of barq's a few weeks ago. I had half of one and dumped the rest. I used to love soda but it is awful now.

Weird how it happens. I wasn’t a huge soda drinker before, 1-2 a week,  but when this started I knew there would be less exercise and made some adjustments.  I don’t care if I ever have another one again 

13 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Interesting.  I used to drink 3-4 cans of diet pepsi per day, moved to matcha green tea months ago and haven't had any pepsi since.  Well, maybe once or twice back when we had restaurants and stuff.  

Ended up doing Pei Wei (Asian) for takeout.  Surprised that the wife picked it since we had so much Asian food during the week, but I would eat it until I explode.  Had Mongolian shrimp, extra shrimp, with fried rice.  The extra shrimp provided leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  :cheers:

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 10:00 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

New York strips on the grill. Potato salad and seafood salad on the side

Grilled steaks, baked potato, and broccoli. Sorry forgot to take a photo

Pork tenderloins marinated and char grilled.  Baked potato with chive sour cream and grilled asparagus with fresh cracked black pepper and course ground salt.  Dessert was angel food cake topped with fresh Blueberries and sliced strawberries topped with whipped cream.

Edited by Alias Detective
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 4:01 PM, Bier Meister said:

That is what I order 75% of the time

51 for me on Tuesday

We share that date. 🎂

10 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

We share that date. 🎂

🍻

55 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Steak fajitas - using the left over steak I grilled last night.

https://ibb.co/zSZzpFJ

Looks delicious.  :cheers:

We had filets, baked potato with butter and sour cream, sauteed mushrooms, and asparagus yesterday for Mom's day.  And some leftover cake -- I may have mentioned that our gym's trainer started selling homemade cakes during the pandemic, I think in part to ensure that we were fattening up and needed to return to the gym.  It worked, as we each gained close to 2 pounds.  I said to my wife this morning that I literally could have eaten 1/2 of the volume that we did and have felt satisfied.  Instead my stomach has felt like crap all day.

Anyway... wife is making drumsticks and thighs with a maple dijon garlic sauce, looked yummy in prep.  Also leftover veggies I presume.

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We had filets, baked potato with butter and sour cream, sauteed mushrooms, and asparagus yesterday for Mom's day.  And some leftover cake -- I may have mentioned that our gym's trainer started selling homemade cakes during the pandemic, I think in part to ensure that we were fattening up and needed to return to the gym.  It worked, as we each gained close to 2 pounds.  I said to my wife this morning that I literally could have eaten 1/2 of the volume that we did and have felt satisfied.  Instead my stomach has felt like crap all day.

Anyway... wife is making drumsticks and thighs with a maple dijon garlic sauce, looked yummy in prep.  Also leftover veggies I presume.

Noice! My friends said all the open restaurants doing curbside were packed. My one buddy spent an hour to get KFC drive trough. 

I've lost a bunch of weight being home. We haven't eaten out since February and I'm running a lot. I've also started intermitted fasting which reminds me I need to start a thread about.

• Thanks 1

made ribs in the oven last night.  cumin, cayenne, garlic powder, sugar, brown sugar dry rub.  2 hrs at 250 wrapped in foil.  then open up, Rays SweetnSpicy bbq sauce, back in at 350, resauced a few times.  Came out great.

• Like 1

Doing chicken fried steak with cream gravy and fried eggs.  Breakfast, it's what's for dinner.  Tonight at least.  

14 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Chicken came out really tasty.  Only veggie was a caesar side salad.  Skipped the cake and ice cream.  Remarkably, I lost 2.4 pounds this morning.  🤪