Alias Detective

What’s for dinner?

Hot pockets. I have however been mixing it up with Walmart nuggets and frozen fried shrimp for nutritional reasons. Tues night though will be "fancy night". Thinking about buying deli ground meat and making hamburgers and fries. Grill on the "clean" coal with wood chips from whatever loser third world country chopped down their shLt for the flavor.  

16 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Hot pockets. I have however been mixing it up with Walmart nuggets and frozen fried shrimp for nutritional reasons. Tues night though will be "fancy night". Thinking about buying deli ground meat and making hamburgers and fries. Grill on the "clean" coal with wood chips from whatever loser third world country chopped down their shLt for the flavor.  

Does your wife not cook?  :dunno:

On 10/5/2020 at 1:37 PM, Bier Meister said:

this is for chicken... I converted to pork loin

8 servings

4-6 lbs of chicken, quartered

1 medium white or yellow onion diced

3 bunches of green onion, chopped

2 scotch bonnet, chopped

2 cloves of garlic chopped

1 tbs five spice

1 tsp allspice

1 tbs gr pepper

1 tsp thyme

1 tsp gr clove

1 tsp gr nutmeg

1 tsp salt

1/2 c soy

1 tbs oil

In a food processor, combine the onion, scallions, chiles, garlic, five-spice powder, allspice, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and salt; process to a coarse paste. With the machine on, add the the soy sauce and oil in a steady stream. Pour the marinade into a large, shallow dish, add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring the chicken to room temperature.

Grill the chicken over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, until well browned and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. (Cover the grill for a smokier flavor.) Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve.

You do not need to marinate over night, but 4 plus hours gives it more flavor... I also add a little more clove.  The chopping does not need to be precise, as you will be putting it in a blender/food processor.

I cooked this twice and I give it a 7/10. I marinated it for 24+ hours both times. It tastes pretty good, but it makes your whole house reek of ground onion. 

The Asian grilled tenderloin recipe you posted previously is quicker, tastes better, and does not cause the house to smell.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I cooked this twice and I give it a 7/10. I marinated it for 24+ hours both times. It tastes pretty good, but it makes your whole house reek of ground onion. 

The Asian grilled tenderloin recipe you posted previously is quicker, tastes better, and does not cause the house to smell.

:lol:  fair enough

I do prefer it for wings and other bone in chicken vs the pork loin.  It has been good for bone in pork chops (2")

52 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Does your wife not cook?  :dunno:

She's only good for sex like all women. Are you saying you get more use out of them. Please tell. 

11 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

She's only good for sex like all women. Are you saying you get more use out of them. Please tell. 

She is great at cooking and sex, but not so much on cleaning and general housework.  She is also a business analyst and as such great at spreadsheets, so she manages our bills and finances.

Back to your previous post, I love Hot Pockets,  They were my go to meal back in my single days.  The best was the ham and cheese — something about that piping hot fake cheese taste is one of my fonder taste memories.  :cheers:

I made bacon wrapped stuffed chicken (thighs). Sounded good, but was just meh. Bacon doesn’t really crisp up enough if you wrap in 2 slices (which is what the recipe called for). :dunno:

Shouldn't the Trumpers be eating a big bucket of KFC on Tuesday night?

And washing it down with a cup of failure.?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

washing it down with a cup of failure.?

I'm guessing it's what you have been sipping all through your life on earth, but drink what you want. Jeez, grow up. :dunno:

😁

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I'm guessing it's what have been sipping all through your life on earth, but drink what you want. Jeez, grow up. :dunno:

😂

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I made bacon wrapped stuffed chicken (thighs). Sounded good, but was just meh. Bacon doesn’t really crisp up enough if you wrap in 2 slices (which is what the recipe called for). :dunno:

You can wrap, sear to crisp the bacon, then finish in the oven.

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

You can wrap, sear to crisp the bacon, then finish in the oven.

Or, just not wrap the fatty bacon around fatty chicken parts (although delicious part of chicken). Wrap them around the breastestes. It works for sure.

10 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Or, just not wrap the fatty bacon around fatty chicken parts (although delicious part of chicken). Wrap them around the breastestes. It works for sure.

I wrapped boneless, skinless chicken thighs. 

Will definitely sear first next time. 

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I wrapped boneless, skinless chicken thighs. 

Will definitely sear first next time. 

That makes sense. I would think searing very hot and quick as I think the thighs cook fairly quickly without the skin and bones.

My girlfriend and I love the chicken thighs best. We usually eat it skin on but only have it once a month maybe cause they are addictive as leftovers. 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

That makes sense. I would think searing very hot and quick as I think the thighs cook fairly quickly without the skin and bones.

My girlfriend and I love the chicken thighs best. We usually eat it skin on but only have it once a month maybe cause they are addictive as leftovers. 

Always brine chicken these days in saltwater. Among all the other benefits, it makes chicken difficult to overcook. Boneless Thighs should be baked 20 minutes at least. Longer for bone in.

Smoked duck with blackberry/port gastrique with truffled farro 

Salad with pear, toasted chèvre, Spanish sherry vinaigrette, candied pecans

Lavender creme brûlée 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/1/2020 at 8:27 AM, TimmySmith said:

Always brine chicken these days in saltwater. Among all the other benefits, it makes chicken difficult to overcook. Boneless Thighs should be baked 20 minutes at least. Longer for bone in.

Baked bone in thighs (with Harissa seasoning - yummy) 350 40 mins and it hit 170 degrees - was perfectly cooked. 

• Like 1

a Beef roast, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms in a crock pot 😜

I ALWAYS make a pot pie with the leftovers......up there with great pizza for me

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HTH said:

Sushi

:doublethumbsup:

I prefer mine deep fried

I have some raw ground bacon.  Going to mix it in with ground chuck and do burgers tonight

• Thanks 1

I finally broke down this spring and got a new grill.  My old grill was left by the previous owner of the house and he never took care of it.  The new one has so much more room.

Weber EX 335

Did burgers Friday night, wings last night, steaks tonight, thick cut chops tomorrow.

I might also smoke some burnt ends tomorrow during the day.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HTH said:

Sushi

:doublethumbsup:

You roll the sushi yourself or go out and eat it? Been wanting to try rolling my own sushi rolls. My sister, who owns the restaurant chain, took sushi rolling classes and said it’s fun to do :dunno: 

7 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

I finally broke down this spring and got a new grill.  My old grill was left by the previous owner of the house and he never took care of it.  The new one has so much more room.

Weber EX 335

Did burgers Friday night, wings last night, steaks tonight, thick cut chops tomorrow.

Damn bro you went high dollar on it didn’t you? Mine was only half that. I’ve got a propane grill but I’m wanting to get a wood burning one with a smoke stack attached. 

44 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

You roll the sushi yourself or go out and eat it? Been wanting to try rolling my own sushi rolls. My sister, who owns the restaurant chain, took sushi rolling classes and said it’s fun to do :dunno: 

We order out.  My bro got a sushi maker for Christmas though.  May have to try that sometime.

20 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Tell me more about this please

I work with a company that produces pig/hog products. Curred and uncurred bacon etc.  he gave me several pounds of uncurred ground bacon.  

great in Italian foods: meatballs, bolognese, white sauces, 

17 minutes ago, HTH said:

We order out.  My bro got a sushi maker for Christmas though.  May have to try that sometime.

I’ve seen those and that’d be what I’d get if I were to do sushi at home. I’m a big fan of nigiri though which is easier to make so I might start off doing that lol 

59 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I work with a company that produces pig/hog products. Curred and uncurred bacon etc.  he gave me several pounds of uncurred ground bacon.  

great in Italian foods: meatballs, bolognese, white sauces, 

Will you marry me ? Please. 

50 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I’ve seen those and that’d be what I’d get if I were to do sushi at home. I’m a big fan of nigiri though which is easier to make so I might start off doing that lol 

You’ll buy a sushi maker because you don’t currently own a sushi maker. Some things never change. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mike Isles said:

You’ll buy a sushi maker because you don’t currently own a sushi maker. Some things never change. 

What is wrong with you? Seriously? You’ve constantly tried talking Sh1t but been ignored. Are you just unhappy with your life? Does someone who’s younger than you and more successful really upset you that much? You’ve got issues bro. Get a handle on them 

27 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

What is wrong with you? Seriously? You’ve constantly tried talking Sh1t but been ignored. Are you just unhappy with your life? Does someone who’s younger than you and more successful really upset you that much? You’ve got issues bro. Get a handle on them 

Ha. More successful is a joke Gomer. I laugh at you. Keep ignoring me. You are so good at it. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Ha. More successful is a joke Gomer. I laugh at you. Keep ignoring me. You are so good at it. 

Bro you’re literally in your 50s and act so immature it’s astounding. Yes more successful than you when you were my age and about to be more successful than you as soon as school is over. You claim you “laugh” at me but that’s BS. You grit your teeth when I’m doing something that’s either fun or successful. You hate it. It shows. Are you unhappy with your life baldy? Cause you keep following me around like a stalker. I’m living rent free in your head. 

Best thing I can tell you to do is stop embarrassing yourself. Normally, I’m a nice guy and don’t talk to people like this but you are literally one of the worst people I’ve ever seen. At your age, you’re acting like a 10 year old and showing how big a piece of Sh1t you are

3 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Weber EX 335

So you're saying you're not a vegetarian?  :dunno:

24 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Bro you’re literally in your 50s and act so immature it’s astounding. Yes more successful than you when you were my age and about to be more successful than you as soon as school is over. You claim you “laugh” at me but that’s BS. You grit your teeth when I’m doing something that’s either fun or successful. You hate it. It shows. Are you unhappy with your life baldy? Cause you keep following me around like a stalker. I’m living rent free in your head. 

Best thing I can tell you to do is stop embarrassing yourself. Normally, I’m a nice guy and don’t talk to people like this but you are literally one of the worst people I’ve ever seen. At your age, you’re acting like a 10 year old and showing how big a piece of Sh1t you are

:lol: Gomer from the Sticks. :lol:  

3 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

:lol: Gomer from the Sticks. :lol:  

Further proving my point