Fireballer

Man dies after encounter with Minneapolis Police

1 minute ago, MDC said:

This isn’t about who to blame. It’s about blaming Democrats.

Got it. :thumbsup: 

Are you saying Republicans and Trump are out there sanitizing the news to hide the riots?  You are a joke.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

This is a key point in the strategy, to blend in, outside of a well-employed counterintelligence operation to identify the key terrorists we are left with those committing violence as the best option for identification.

Since we now know that BLM and the protestors are only peaceful people who want to have their voices heard, then we also then know that anyone who loots, steals, burns, attacks must be antifa, right?

No, we don't know that.  BLM is violent, too.  Aside from these riots they've instigated violence against police officers in recent years, as well.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I think that the protests are legitimate. The rioting isn't. The Republicans are just as responsible for the reasons for racial inequity as the Democrats.

Exactly.  No one has a problem with protests.  But we have riots now.  And the media is sanitizing it. 

1 minute ago, riversco said:

Exactly.  No one has a problem with protests.  But we have riots now.  And the media is sanitizing it. 

The problem is that it is really hard to know what "the media" is now. We have fringe players on both sides editing content to stir up their base, so no one knows what the truth really is. Twitter should not be "the media", but yet many live off of it for their "news". 

36 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You completely glossed over the social media.  They are literally claiming it in some instances, and I got to know alot of local and state players when I was doing the LEO side my job. I did extensive reseach on them post Cville. Local, state, and feds have had a close eye on many groups since these protests took off. They know who the players are. The intelligence is no different than how they busted the white supremacists who were headed to make trouble at the big 2A rally in Virginia. I will say this though, at least here, there is a heavy local antifa presence, not everyone is bussed in.

And you have at been right in the fact that antifa isnt an organizarion, per se. People that identify as having antifa values do organize, but its not an organization.  Theres no antifa president or rank structure. Its just more so an organic gathering of like minded people.

It's an organization with a flag, which harkens back to the militant wing of the communist party in pre WWII Germany, sells merchandise, has a manifesto.  It's funded and there are leaders in various areas.  It's organized more like terrorist cells by design.  It's not organic.  Just because it doesn't have officers and a board of directors doesn't mean it's not organized.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I think that the protests are legitimate. The rioting isn't. The Republicans are just as responsible for the reasons for racial inequity as the Democrats.

Well, the Democrats are supposed to be the ones fighting against racial inequality. It’s their thing. They have obviously failed. They’ve been at it for a long time at this point. No results to speak of. 

7 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

No, we don't know that.  BLM is violent, too.  Aside from these riots they've instigated violence against police officers in recent years, as well.

Can we agree on this? I wonder....

And lets say we can agree with it, does violence from BLM hold a higher moral value than violence from the Alt-Right, or ISIS, or some other group?  Who has the right to morally use violence and destruction?

More of a rhetorical question.

And if the police are a problem, and some are, then raise the bar on who is hired.  But we went another way. I’ve said it before: If you lower the bar in order to hire the people you want, you lower the bar for everyone. Nobody wins. 

7 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

It's an organization with a flag, which harkens back to the militant wing of the communist party in pre WWII Germany, sells merchandise, has a manifesto.  It's funded and there are leaders in various areas.  It's organized more like terrorist cells by design.  It's not organic.  Just because it doesn't have officers and a board of directors doesn't mean it's not organized.

Tell me your thoughts on white supremacists and neo-nazis

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

It's not organic.  

I meant more so the impromptu hippie like gatherings where anyone that wants to shows up. Thats a solid assessment though.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, the Democrats are supposed to be the ones fighting against racial inequality. It’s their thing. They have obviously failed. They’ve been at it for a long time at this point. No results to speak of. 

That's because of racism in our police forces.  Dems can only do so much.  Until asswhole cops stop killing black guys for being falsely accused of passing a counterfeit 20, all the work the Dems put in is for nothing.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I agree with the bolded.   This has been mishandled by the police/prosecutors.  Still is.  Horribly mismanaged by Trump, who continues promoting violence and raising the temperature. And widely mismanaged by the protesters themselves.  Very hard to come of as sympathetic creatures when you're committing crimes and hurting Innocent people. 

I will agree that Trump has handled this badly.

But you have to agree that the media is fanning the flames as much or more than Trump is. It's ridiculous. They're sanitizing riots into protests. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is it possible, if they are the ones fighting for racial equality, that others are inhibiting that?

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

That's because of racism in our police forces.  Dems can only do so much.  Until asswhole cops stop killing black guys for being falsely accused of passing a counterfeit 20, all the work the Dems put in is for nothing.

Just so that you are aware, police forces are made up of the population. They are not any more racist that the rest of the population. There are asswholes who are cops, but this is a very broad brush that does no good in addressing the issues.

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Baltimore has a majority black police department. All leadership is black. NYC has a majority minority police department.  But don’t let those facts get in the way.  Substandard cops ain’t a white thing. It’s a hiring thing. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I will agree that Trump has handled this badly.

But you have to agree that the media is fanning the flames as much or more than Trump is. It's ridiculous. They're sanitizing riots into protests. 

I don't know what you're watching and I didn't get to see any news on Saturday, but in the couple hours of CNN I watched yesterday, they were not sanitizing the criminal behavior.  It was constantly being criticized.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Baltimore has a majority black police department. All leadership is black. NYC has a majority minority police department.  It don’t let those facts get in the way.  Substandard cops ain’t a white thing. It’s a hiring thing. 

It's a tolerance thing.  The murderer of George Floyd had 18 previous complaints. Why was he still a cop?

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Baltimore has a majority black police department. All leadership is black. NYC has a majority minority police department.  But don’t let those facts get in the way.  Substandard cops ain’t a white thing. It’s a hiring thing. 

:thumbsup: 

Just now, The Observer said:

I don't know what you're watching and I didn't get to see any news on Saturday, but in the couple hours of CNN I watched yesterday, they were not sanitizing the criminal behavior.  It was constantly being criticized.

You forgot the “but but white supremacist “ part. Deflection and you went for it. 

41 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Forensic?  Are we looking for gun powder?  What new info do they think they're going to find? There are multiple videos from multiple angles.  If I got caught killing someone on video, I'd be tickled pink to still be a free man a week later. 

Poor Newbie thinks forensics is just about gun powder residue.  How cute.

Anyway, if youre open minded as you think, read this article and tell me what you think about Linda Badens comments.  Dont worry, shes a lefty who has represented families of people killed by police.  You wont get racist cooties from reading it. I copied part of it if you dont wanna click.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/prosecutors-investigating-george-floyds-death-are-probably-examining-these-options-right-now/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The prosecutor needs to determine precisely how Floyd died, Baden said, because while Chauvin, the officer identified has having his knee to Floyd’s neck, may not have been the primary cause of Floyd’s death. While Chauvin’s conduct “looks more egregious to the cause of death,” it may not have been “the effective cause of death,” Baden noted. Prosecutors must narrow down who was responsible for what, specifically, before they move forward — assuming prosecutors are going to file charges.

“The compression from the middle cop preventing [Floyd’s] chest from being able to inhale and exhale probably is the effective cause” of death, Baden posited.  The “neck compression” played a role but perhaps was not the primary cause of death.  Baden believes Floyd likely died at the scene but wasn’t officially pronounced dead until he arrived at the hospital.

Baden believes third-degree murder is the most likely charge. Baden called Floyd’s cries to his mother “heartbreaking” and said she was strongly moved by Floyd’s decision to call the officers “sir” until he lost consciousness and possibly died on the street.

You forgot the “but but white supremacist “ part. Deflection and you went for it. 

Only one deflecting is you. CNN was constantly criticizing the crimes being committed. There goes your entire narrative.  Oooof

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

It's a tolerance thing.  The murderer of George Floyd had 18 previous complaints. Why was he still a cop?

Depends on the complaints. 18 over 19 years and 15  of them are BS isn’t going to get anyone fired. And it shouldn’t.  But he should have been put in a non-enforcement spot at some point at least for a little while. That’s how it’s done in NYC. 

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Every single link I have seen across the internet is calling them protests. They aren't. They are riots.

AOC... A freaking elected member of the US congress... Who swore to uphold the constitution... Is posting links helping rioters evade capture. You see anyone calling her out?

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Every single link I have seen across the internet is calling them protests. They aren't. They are riots.

AOC... A freaking elected member of the US congress... Who swore to uphold the constitution... Is posting links helping rioters evade capture. You see anyone calling her out?

Every single Republican senator except Romney was also supposed to uphold the constitution during impeachment. Anyone calling them out? 

19 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The problem is that it is really hard to know what "the media" is now. We have fringe players on both sides editing content to stir up their base, so no one knows what the truth really is. Twitter should not be "the media", but yet many live off of it for their "news". 

You have MSNBC and CNN reporters literally standing in front of burning cities and reporting that there are only minor protests going on.  Sure there are fringe media outlets pushing a narrative, but the MS liberal outlets are as well.

What is actually happening across this country is that the police are rioting in response to attempts to hold them accountable. 

2nd Amendment

What is actually happening across this country is that the police are rioting in response to attempts to hold them accountable. 

:lol: hey Pookie did Joy Reid just say that?

if you guys let him, newbie will make one quiet admission that riots are bad, and then he will spend 2 months criticizing trump and calling everyone nazis.  up to you if you want to engage with that garbage.  

1 minute ago, Strike said:

You have MSNBC and CNN reporters literally standing in front of burning cities and reporting that there are only minor protests going on.  Sure there are fringe media outlets pushing a narrative, but the MS liberal outlets are as well.

I don't watch MSNBC much and I don't watch the news a ton (I can only take so much), but the CNN that I saw yesterday had all sorts of burning city pictures/video. Still could be slanted, but maybe not as much as you are indicating. :dunno:

What is actually happening across the this country is that the police are rioting in response to attempts to hold them accountable. 

Interesting take, which buildings did they burn? What destruction have they started....if people can protest the death of this black man then I guess we can and should allow the police to protest also for the death of their officer.....I think they should burn all the liquor stores they can find.....remove all alcohol too, steal it all, leave none...

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Every single Republican senator except Romney was also supposed to uphold the constitution during impeachment. Anyone calling them out? 

Dude, you're impossible to have a conversation with. I tried. Like a dumbass, I tried. 

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Killed for passing bad money?  His death was egregious, but your assertion is flawed.  

You know that game where people whisper a message into other peoples ears and the message is completely skewed at the end?  You posts are exactly that, skewed and devoid of what the real facts are.

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I don't watch MSNBC much and I don't watch the news a ton (I can only take so much), but the CNN that I saw yesterday had all sorts of burning city pictures/video. Still could be slanted, but maybe not as much as you are indicating. :dunno:

I also saw looting during Katrina. But I was TOLD it was because they were hungry. What are they telling us now? 

1 minute ago, riversco said:

if you guys let him, newbie will make one quiet admission that riots are bad, and then he will spend 2 months criticizing trump and calling everyone nazis.  up to you if you want to engage with that garbage.  

Quiet admission.  ROFL    I've said it at least a dozen times.  Riots can be bad and we can also have a president ill-equipped to handle a crisis, as ours has proven constantly since February.  They are not mutually exclusive 

Liberals know this is bad for November. Forget Trump. This is bad for all the other elections. A disaster. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Dude, you're impossible to have a conversation with. I tried. Like a dumbass, I tried. 

You're a hypocrite.  I prove it time and time again. If you want to have a conversation where you call out Democrats but I'm not allowed to call out Republicans, then I'll pass. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I also saw looting during Katrina. But I was TOLD it was because they were hungry. What are they telling us now? 

The only excuses for the looting that I have heard have pretty much sucked, so I haven't really paid much attention. I have heard people use the excuse that they have not been heard when they peacefully protest with a knee. The whole Kaepernick connection seems to be a really shitty excuse/connection to me.

In my mind, looting and destroying your community is never acceptable.

Liberals know this is bad for November. Forget Trump. This is bad for all the other elections. A disaster. 

I think the clock is ticking.  Trump better rise to occasion soon or either Biden or Obama will.  I know in his racist mind, the solution to this is 'vicious dogs' and shooting looters, but he has to be able to let someone write him a speech where he calls for peace and also comes across sympathetic to the plight of the black man.  Maybe they can borrow the Trump statue from the Disney Hall of Presidents and do it that way.  But for ten minutes, Trump has to fake it and be a leader.  He's going to end up gift-wrapping this opportunity to Biden.