Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

California Surfing Has a Serious Diversity Problem

:lol:

When Mira Manickam-Shirley got a job as a naturalist in the Marin headlands, she found herself living by the beach for the first time in her life, and she wanted to learn how to surf.

She remembers a running bit she had with one of her first surf buddies there. “He was always like, ‘Yeah, just look for me, the blonde dude in the water.’ The joke was like, everyone’s a blonde dude.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfweekly.com/culture/california-surfing-has-a-serious-diversity-problem/amp/

So now we have to force people to participate in the activity?   Jesus.....:wall:

NFL cornerbacks have a diversity issue as well. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, but that problem is OK.....nothing to see there....

What a crock of shlt. I imagine a white dude standing at the edge of the water telling all the black people they can't go in. 

55 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

I'm surprised she didn't biotch about white people culturally appropriating surfing from the Hawaiians.

Nah, she wouldn't do that.  She likes surfing and wants to do it.  If she calls it out as cultural appropriation, the white liberals may want it cancelled and then she's out of a hobby.  I'm surprised this even came up honestly.  She's virtue signalling because I'm guessing she wants notoriety, but she could be causing unwanted attention.  We all know that the mass majority of the Native American community loved the "Redskins" name and that only white liberals were offended on their behalf, and now got it taken away from them.  I wouldn't be surprised if her bringing this up, something comes from it, from the government.  You know the writer of the article wants something to be done because she specifically threw this in the article when it didn't even need to be mentioned.

"The stereotype is somewhat ironic, considering the non-white roots of the sport. In its current form, surfing was pioneered by indigenous Pacific Islanders and may have also been independently practiced by indigenous South Americans. The pre-Incan Mochica people in Peru likely used their reed boats for surfing as well as fishing. In Hawaii, he’e nalu, or wave sliding, dates back to at least the 15th Century. Three Hawaiian princes introduced surfing to California — and North America — when they first paddled out in Santa Cruz in 1885."

Liberals love to go out of their way to find reasons why others can't have fun even though there's no victim.

could you image if a shark bit into dark meat?

BLM would riot the ocean. Which would be great, as most would drown

I hate when they take something like this and pretend there is a race issue where there isn’t one. Ever thought maybe black folks don’t want to surf? If they did, they are free to, just like they are free to do anything else they want in the great country of America. They should have a free service that helps poor black surfing enthusiasts explore the passion they are somehow being deprived of because...white people? Or something? Let me know how many show up to that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

i bet you had a sehorn jersey

As a white guy who hates surfing, I feel totally under represented out in the water with a surf board. I demand we have more whites that hate surfing out there.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

i bet you had a sehorn jersey

Bet I didn’t. Couldn’t stand him. Got burned by Brandon Stokely in the super bowl in 2000.  I was at the pre-season game where he tore his ACL returning a kick. Saw him wuss out on a tackle in Dallas in 2001 letting the guy score just before the half. All he had to do was get in his way and he wouldn’t have scored. 

Being out in the sun all day surfing will bleach the hair of many people, making it look blonde.

36 minutes ago, riversco said:

Being out in the sun all day surfing will bleach the hair of many people, making it look blonde.

I love it when all the children would come up to me and stroke the hairs on my legs. And I love it when they bounce in my lap.

I'm Joe Biden, and I endorse this message.

I did find it interesting when she mentioned someone keyed her car and it must have been a local or systematic racism.  Yep, a scratch on your car can only be those two things

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Considering the only sharks that really attack people of the California coast are Great Whites I'm pretty sure every BLM'r with a boat would be out protesting.

Then, if we could just remove their drain plugs before they launch then chum the water....

First golf. Now surf.

White man bad, Orange cheeto man worse!

15 hours ago, edjr said:

I’m sure Grammy would buy them life vests. 

This video switches between 3 different girls sitting at the front table.  We start with Girl #1.  Girl #2 enters at 8:50 and Girl #3 enters at 11:15.  Rate them.