Mike Isles

Skip Bayless is a not talent POS hack.

On the one hand, yes, skip bayless is an ass hole.

On the other hand, I'm sick of the celebration of weakness as heroism. I don't care about it either. Everyone has their issues and struggles. There's something to be said for the old days of "men just stfu and carry on" attitude.

• Like 2

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

On the other hand, I'm sick of the celebration of weakness as heroism. I don't care about it either. Everyone has their issues and struggles. There's something to be said for the old days of "men just stfu and carry on" attitude.

Agreed

Gotta disagree with you here man. Depression is a real thing that a lot of people struggle with. I give Dak credit for talking about his experience with it. In my life, the best leaders were people that you could relate to. Stfu and carry is the worst approach to depression. People dealing with depression need to seek help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Gotta disagree with you here man. Depression is a real thing that a lot of people struggle with. I give Dak credit for talking about his experience with it. In my life, the best leaders were people that you could relate to. Stfu and carry is the worst approach to depression. People dealing with depression need to seek help.

I think they prefer the days when people use to keep their depression to themselves and you didn’t know they had any problems until they killed themselves. Those were the good old days. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yep

I don’t know why Bayless would say that. It proves nothing, and helps no one. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think they prefer the days when people use to keep their depression to themselves and you didn’t know they had any problems until they killed themselves. Those were the good old days. 

Make America Commit Suicide Again

12 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I'm aware. I've had my issues with depression myself.

I guess my point is, it seems like everybody you meet now wants to tell you all about what ever problems make them a special little snowflake. Anxiety, depression, gender disphoria, gluten allergy, lactose intolerance, veganism...

Its become like youre just not cool unless you have some problem you can whine about.

Im not criticizing dak for saying whatever he likes. I'm just sick of sports becoming a womanish whine fest. Like the draft coverage where we get to hear all about the deadbeat dads and such.

I don't care. I'm here for the focking football is my point I guess.

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I guess my point is, it seems like everybody you meet now wants to tell you all about what ever problems make them a special little snowflake. Anxiety, depression, gender disphoria, gluten allergy, lactose intolerance, veganism...

Its become like youre just not cool unless you have some problem you can whine about.

Im not criticizing dak for saying whatever he likes. I'm just sick of sports becoming a womanish whine fest. Like the draft coverage where we get to hear all about the deadbeat dads and such.

That’s how I interpreted your post. Everyone has issues. Deal with them personally. You don’t need to share/celebrate it with everyone on social media.

Just now, Gladiators said:

That’s how I interpreted your post. Everyone has issues. Deal with them personally. You don’t need to share/celebrate it with everyone on social media.

That is an excellent summation of my point. Thank you.

I agree that there is a trend with people broadcasting their problems in a search for pity. I think thats more social media than real life, though. Im talking more about people, specifically men, that truly suffer from depression. Suicide is higher among men, in part, because we are taught to not show weakness. The stfu and carry on approach leads to suicide.

Just now, Gladiators said:

Everyone has issues. Deal with them personally. You don’t need to share/celebrate it with everyone on social media.

But then they don't get all the special attention and sympathy they desire. Focking disgusting. 

17 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

99.99% of everything that ever lived on the planet died. Eventually it will be 100% and the planet will burn up and that is that. No seeking help for those facts for anyone. One either accepts it or they do not and cry about how horrible it is to be anything. 

7 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

But then they don't get all the special attention and sympathy they desire. Focking disgusting. 

Sure is. I despise it.

7 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

99.99% of everything that ever lived on the planet died. Eventually it will be 100% and the planet will burn up and that is that. No seeking help for those facts for anyone. One either accepts it or they do not and cry about how horrible it is to be anything. 

Dak speaking about being depressed after his brothers death is not the same as crying about how horrible it is to be anything. He suffered a great loss and spoke about how it affected him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know why Bayless would say that. It proves nothing, and helps no one. 

Because he contrarian POS hack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dak speaking about being depressed after his brothers death is not the same as crying about how horrible it is to be anything. He suffered a great loss and spoke about how it affected him. 

Everyone deals with that level of loss at some point because everyone dies. Get over it. Crying about it is fine but dwelling on it and always whining about it, discussing it is going to actually make one depressed even more. There is no getting over it. Have to live with it the rest of one's life. That's how it works. 

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Everyone deals with that level of loss at some point because everyone dies. Get over it. Crying about it is fine but dwelling on it and always whining about it, discussing it is going to actually make one depressed even more. There is no getting over it. Have to live with it the rest of one's life. That's how it works. 

In short. Man the fock up, life isn't like the focking movies. 

24 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Sure is. I despise it.

Do you feel the same way about veterans talking about their ptsd?

15 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I would disagree that everyone deals with the level of loss of losing a brother in your 20s. Most people lose grandparents and parents as they get older. Dak lost his mom 7 years ago and now his brother.  Those are tragic events that most people dont experience until they are much older. The guy just spoke about how it affected him. I just dont understand how thats a problem. 

• Thanks 1

Bayless's point was Prescott is the QB of a prestigious NFL team, carrying an organization of players/coaches/owner/fans on his back.  Act like it.  Favre played the night his father died. Dak misses numerous practices dealing with depression over his brother's suicide.

You don't work for the post office.

I’ve learned through experience, unfortunately, that many people can’t grasp how devastating someone you care about killing themselves is on a person. I stopped getting mad when I hear ignorant statements about it. Maybe I would have said  the same dumb things without personal experience. I forgive those that don’t know. 

I would disagree that everyone deals with the level of loss of losing a brother in your 20s. Most people lose grandparents and parents as they get older. Dak lost his mom 7 years ago and now his brother.  Those are tragic events that most people dont experience until they are much older. The guy just spoke about how it affected him. I just dont understand how thats a problem. 

I agree that everyone deals with it differently. Some face reality and accept it. Others dwell on it, roll on the ground and cry daily. Best thing to do is mock and ridicule people who won't stop crying. At that point they get angry. If one is angry guess what. They are no longer depressed. Cured. 

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I agree that everyone deals with it differently. Some face reality and accept it. Others dwell on it, roll on the ground and cry daily. Best thing to do is mock and ridicule people who won't stop crying. At that point they get angry. If one is angry guess what. They are no longer depressed. Cured. 

It’s not like it happened 5 years ago. It’s still fresh for him. 

Everyone handles loss differently and everyone has different levels of mental health. Certain events can affect each of us differently. It’s easier for some people to deal with certain events than it is others. You can’t expect everyone to act the same. 

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Bayless's point was Prescott is the QB of a prestigious NFL team, carrying an organization of players/coaches/owner/fans on his back.  Act like it.  Favre played the night his father died. Dak misses numerous practices dealing with depression over his brother's suicide.

You don't work for the post office.

Dak missed a few practices after his brother killed himself. Seriously? Thats a problem?

3 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Dak missed a few practices after his brother killed himself. Seriously? Thats a problem?

I assume that's what Skip was referring to?  :dunno:

Regardless, grow some balls, Nancy!   

Today I learned some of you people are heartless ass holes. I couldn’t comprehend losing a brother so young let alone suicide. 
Obviously I am not a Cowgirls fan but if Dak decides to Opt out this season I would not fault him. 

I hope POS Skip get suspended 

5 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I assume that's what Skip was referring to?  :dunno:

Regardless, grow some balls, Nancy!   

Grow some balls and instantly move on with your life after your brother kills himself? Much easier said than done.

2 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Translation: "I disagree with that person and demand justice!"

13 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Translation: "I disagree with that person and demand justice!"

A lot of other media and broadcasters said worse and were fired on the spot. 

His whole career was “Hot Takes”. I believe he takes a hit for this one. 

28 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Today I learned some of you people are heartless ass holes. I couldn’t comprehend losing a brother so young let alone suicide. 
Obviously I am not a Cowgirls fan but if Dak decides to Opt out this season I would not fault him. 

I'm not that heartless. I'm thanking you for the compliment.

46 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I think everyone has said things that seem heartless to others in their life. But to get suspended for someone's opinion based on your opinion? That's a bit off I think. Sounds a little like what the SJW's want to happen to people they don't agree with.

My brother passed away 16 years ago and it still affects me

Jason Whitlock got fired from FS1 for speaking the truth. This was his last show

10 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I wonder if suicide is up or down comparatively to yesteryear