Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

There is no promise of tomorrow

A good friend died today after hitting a moving train in his car.  A lot more questions than answers at this point. 

What we know:

Approx 2 am: cops started investigating what appeared to be a car crash near the train tracks where they found scattered car parts but no car.  

Hours later they found the car sandwiched between 2 railroad cars 10 miles down the tracks from what is believed to be the crash site.  The car was reportedly unrecognizable as a car and my friend was inside alive, but barely hanging on.  Major head trauma and internal bleeding.   He died shortly after arriving at the hospital.  

What we don’t know: 

What was he doing out at 2 am during the work week?   Kind of out of character for him but who knows?   

Was he under the influence?  Toxicology tests will eventually answer that.  

Did he fall asleep at the wheel?

Was he rammed from behind into the train?  Seems unlikely, but maybe  

Did he ram the train intentionally?  

Father of 2 boys, ages 11 and 13.  On the board of a private Lutheran school, Eagle Scout, Master’s degree, decent job.  

Messy divorce last year.  

The ex wife is a real piece of work.  Those kids were just dealt a really shitty hand.  What a tragedy.  

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

A good friend died today after hitting a moving train in his car.  A lot more questions than answers at this point. 

What we know:

Approx 2 am: cops started investigating what appeared to be a car crash near the train tracks where they found scattered car parts but no car.  

Hours later they found the car sandwiched between 2 railroad cars 10 miles down the tracks from what is believed to be the crash site.  The car was reportedly unrecognizable as a car and my friend was inside alive, but barely hanging on.  Major head trauma and internal bleeding.   He died shortly after arriving at the hospital.  

What we don’t know: 

What was he doing out at 2 am during the work week?   Kind of out of character for him but who knows?   

Did he fall asleep at the wheel?

Was he rammed from behind into the train?  Seems unlikely, but maybe  

Did he ram the train intentionally?  

Father of 2 boys, ages 11 and 13.  On the board of a private Lutheran school, Eagle Scout, Master’s degree, decent job.  

Messy divorce last year.  

The ex wife is a real piece of work.  Those kids were just dealt a really shitty hand.  What a tragedy.  

Ambien

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Messy divorce last year.  

Hate to say it but this sounds like a classic suicide.

Sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

Damn. That does leave a lot of unanswered questions.

Tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us- or our friends- or our families. 

Tragic, vudu. My condolences.

Damn, I was all set to come in here with a Rocky reference but it seems inappropriate now. 

My initial thought was the same as HT's, ambien. People do some weird stuff when they take that chit. 

Either way, that's focking brutal. Hopefully he was in shock and didn't suffer. 

Damn Covid.

If only he'd been wearing a mask.

So sorry man. That whole story makes me heartsick.