Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Prime Day

Unfortunately, Amazon Prime is like crack.  I can't shake it. Anyone bought anything yet?  I bought my daughter a new Echo thing a majig.  Saved $60.

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Unfortunately, Amazon Prime is like crack.  I can't shake it. Anyone bought anything yet?  I bought my daughter a new Echo thing a majig.  Saved $60.

I am sick of retail brick and mortar stores:

Your Orders

Search Your Orders:

Search Orders
past 3 months
Order placed
October 12, 2020
Total
$20.99

The local news here last week ran like a 10 minute segment on this.  And I was thinking my God, Amazon even has the frickin news selling their stuff.  Talk about suckering everyone in.  Bezos is a genius.

I think there is a good deal on Ring and Dot. I would be careful though because Ring has so many doorbells and not all are equal. Not a fan of the Dot. I own a few Shows instead. I recently gave one to my 80 yr old Mom with a music subscription. It changed her life. She loves listening to all her old music from the 50's. I took all her old stereo equipment full of dust and chunked it. 

Prime day general is to offload the junk. I bought a 200 dollar penn spinfisher for 60 dollars a couple years ago during prime day, but that is the exception.

I will check for a similar good deal, but I am not holding my breath.

55" Insignia 4K TV for $289.99

Sold and shipped by...

Best Buy.  :doh:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

55" Insignia 4K TV for $289.99

Sold and shipped by...

Best Buy.  :doh:

Damn.  Good deal.

10 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Prime day general is to offload the junk. I bought a 200 dollar penn spinfisher for 60 dollars a couple years ago during prime day, but that is the exception.

Just looked for some baitcaster reels.  No dice.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Damn.  Good deal.

It's the only thing I've even considered so far.  

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

https://www.amazon.com/Sougayilang-Baitcasting-Lightweight-Reel-Right-Freshwater/dp/B07SW8RFLH/ref=gbps_tit___480a0095?smid=AOLREHXTO5XDA

The 5 star reviews are funny, it is like they are written by chinese bots.

This is a well built and quality product. The mechanism is smooth and strong I would recommend this set of tools to any beginner or new enthusiast fisherman. I can also recommend this to any fisherman who wants to travel more easily with a pole. If taken care of properly, I believe it will be available fo The mechanism is smooth and strong.

Fishing is a very patient test. So take the kids to fishing, entertainment and testing coexist. The hook is easy to carry and install. Value for money. This set of tools is really needed for beginners. This set is equipped with bait, fishing line, fishing rod and fishing reel. This is exactly what you need. Moreover, the package that comes with it is really great

Take a new fishing rod to go fishing today. It feels good. Easy to bring. Very light

There are also a couple reviews of grandma's who got suckered into buying it for their grandsons. Which is too bad. Of course the grandkids said they loved the crappy, overpriced fishing setup.

• Like 1

Don't have Amazon Prime...  Don't shop that much from them to begin with...

45 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

This is what I’ve found as well. Nothing is ever on there that id want to spend money on. The things I do want to buy aren’t on ever sale 

Best Buy has a nice little laptop for $300 if someone is looking for something decent and cheap. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-3-15-laptop-intel-core-i3-1005g1-8gb-memory-256gb-ssd-platinum-grey/6426707.p?ref=8575135&skuId=6426707

I have had good luck with Lenovo and i3's.  I don't game but they work perfectly fine for everything I do.

51 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

KastKing is decent.  I have one of their reels that I use for throwing a frog.

I understand black friday deals and whatever prime day is ...if you are in the market for say a TV or furniture.  But I dont really understand the people that go and buy random things because theyare on sale.  You could have bought these items all year.  You got by without them.  Now you are loading up to save a couple 20 dollar bills?  Remind me of my mother when I was young buying like 3 loafs of bread because it was buy 2 get 1 free.  All the while 1.5 loafs would go moldy in 2 weeks before anyone ate them.  Thus not saving money at all.  

Im not a ooo look a sale kind of person at all.  I try not to shop at Amazon or Walmart as much as I can anyway.

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

KastKing is decent.  I have one of their reels that I use for throwing a frog.

I read good stuff about them.  That prob what I'll go with if buy one from Amazon.

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I understand black friday deals and whatever prime day is ...if you are in the market for say a TV or furniture.  But I dont really understand the people that go and buy random things because theyare on sale.  You could have bought these items all year.  You got by without them.  Now you are loading up to save a couple 20 dollar bills?  Remind me of my mother when I was young buying like 3 loafs of bread because it was buy 2 get 1 free.  All the while 1.5 loafs would go moldy in 2 weeks before anyone ate them.  Thus not saving money at all.  

Im not a ooo look a sale kind of person at all.  I try not to shop at Amazon or Walmart as much as I can anyway.

To me, it’s perfect for people shopping for Christmas. But like you said, all those people that buy junk just cause it’s on sale is crazy to me. You didn’t “save $15” you still spent $85 (or whoever much it is) 

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I usually end up buying some things for my mom and MIL for Christmas. It's good for gift ideas for people that don't ask for much.

Some interesting information came from my buddy who is big into electronics and is building a new computer for himself. He said the bots that buy up tickets for ticket Master and the like, to jack the price up later on, have turned their attention to things like high end graphics cards and other computer components. I have not verified this, but it sounds a little concerning. Imagine bots buying up supplies online unchecked only to sell at a higher cost. I wonder if there is anything to this becoming an issue in the future.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

https://www.amazon.com/Sougayilang-Baitcasting-Lightweight-Reel-Right-Freshwater/dp/B07SW8RFLH/ref=gbps_tit___480a0095?smid=AOLREHXTO5XDA

The 5 star reviews are funny, it is like they are written by chinese bots.

Sad thing is...if you call out reviews written by chinese bots, or "fake reviews" of any kind, Amazon deletes your reviews, and keeps the fake reviews up for people to read. 

I am so looking forward to ordering the latest and greatest kitchen gadgetry.  Also, not really.

3 hours ago, fricker66 said:

I am so looking forward to ordering the latest and greatest kitchen gadgetry.  Also, not really.

Sous vide man

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Sous vide man

My wife loves to cook, and both sous vide and Instapot have changed our lives.  :cheers:

28 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

My wife loves to cook, and both sous vide and Instapot have changed our lives.  :cheers:

👍👍

Decided to look and see what they had on sale. Found a roomba we wanted that’s normally $600 but got it for only $330. Super stoked about it 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

How does it taste?   Oh,  sorry. 

Too soon?  

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Wife picked up a big air fryer at costco. Everything we used to fry is just as good, except fries. Almost as good with some olive oil but just not quite right 

12 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

How does it taste?   Oh,  sorry. 

Too soon?  

😶

😃

I ended up logging on to Amazon late in the day.  They had a very good deal on Levi's jeans, so I picked up a pair plus I ordered some Burton ski socks.

Also, to whoever suggested sous vide cooker, I already have it (and love it).  Probably should've picked up a new vacuum sealer, but I'll put that on the Christmas list.

First time in years I didn't buy anything during "Prime Day"  Time to sell your Amazon stock.  They have jumped the shark.  :o

Soda stream. Came with 3 bottles and caps. 2 Canisters and 2 flavors for 80 bucks. The canisters themselves go for 30 bucks