Rusty Syringes

[** Official President Joe Biden Thread **]

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Everything is worse than it was. Even Covid. He was supposed to end the pandemic. 

Not to mention cure cancer. :mad:

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Hard to say, right now only Fox is holding the line for Conservative views.   But thank you for implicitly acknowledging the failures of CNN/MSNBC/ others who pretend to be credible, independent and truthful.

If we can find common ground there, perhaps others can, and demand those entities return to what they once were, which was credible journalistic entities who stood up to power rather than serving it.

I've said myriad times that I don't care for CNN or MSNBC, and alt-righties who devour OAN and Newsmax think outlets such as Reuters and Associated Press are liberal media. 

When I was in the media, we didn't even talk about our personal opinions outside of the editorial board. It's tragic what the media has become in this country, with the Associated Press a shell of itself. The media has played a key role in whipping up the divisiveness we see today. 

I will say that CNN and MSNBC have been far harder on Biden and Harris than OAN, FOX and Newsmax were on Trump. And they don't engage in the same kind of vicious vitriol in attacking the right as the far-right sources do on Democrats and Liberals.

I thought it was great today to see the Senate vote down Biden's ridiculous vaccine mandate for large businesses. Several Democrats crossed the aisle to vote on this Republican bill.

A school district in the area is considering going to virtual learning for three weeks due to the Covid uptick and lack of bus drivers. Lots of illegals in that district. Nothing got better or even stayed the same since they took over. It’s worse. 

20 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I've said myriad times that I don't care for CNN or MSNBC, and alt-righties who devour OAN and Newsmax think outlets such as Reuters and Associated Press are liberal media. 

When I was in the media, we didn't even talk about our personal opinions outside of the editorial board. It's tragic what the media has become in this country, with the Associated Press a shell of itself. The media has played a key role in whipping up the divisiveness we see today. 

I will say that CNN and MSNBC have been far harder on Biden and Harris than OAN, FOX and Newsmax were on Trump. And they don't engage in the same kind of vicious vitriol in attacking the right as the far-right sources do on Democrats and Liberals.

I thought it was great today to see the Senate vote down Biden's ridiculous vaccine mandate for large businesses. Several Democrats crossed the aisle to vote on this Republican bill.

youre kidding if you are lumping OAN and NEWSMAX with CNN and MSNDC

Fox had plenty of people criticizing Trump daily

CNN is a reality tv show, begging for viewers, and MSNDC is a pure propaganda piece for the leftists

45 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

This is not true.  Fox has been way overboard in how they handle Biden and Harris, its really just over the top.  For the most part CNN/MSNBC/CBS/ABC et al were rather gentle and still coddle the admin largely.  They finally stepped up and bristled in August with the Afghanistan debacle and have been more or less forced into honestly reporting things like inflation and the economy.

No, CNN and MSNBC are not as heard on Biden as they reasonably should be.  Fox just does it because they can....

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This is not true.  Fox has been way overboard in how they handle Biden and Harris, its really just over the top.  For the most part CNN/MSNBC/CBS/ABC et al were rather gentle and still coddle the admin largely.  They finally stepped up and bristled in August with the Afghanistan debacle and have been more or less forced into honestly reporting things like inflation and the economy.

No, CNN and MSNBC are not as heard on Biden as they reasonably should be.  Fox just does it because they can....

I'm going to go ahead and guess that whatever someone believes politically will influence how they view coverage of Biden by networks. 

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

If we can find common ground there, perhaps others can, and demand those entities return to what they once were, which was credible journalistic entities who stood up to power rather than serving it.

thats never been the case.  media has always been biased.  the only difference between journalism and yellow journalism is that yellow journalism does not have the backing of the establishment elite.  but they are all lying their butts off.  in fact, one of the jobs of journalism backed by the elite is to help discredit all other sources of journalism.  

so in our modern society, the establishment elite is liberal.  their yellow journalism is the new york times, washington post, CNN, etc.  but since they are backed by the elite they get fronted as simply journalism.  then their job is to promote liberalism and also destroy all other sources of journalism like Fox, the internet, social media, etc.  Try to establish that all other sources of media is wrong and dangerous to create social pressure to eliminate them.  

the world is not good vs evil with good journalism trying to prevail over evil journalism.  its always been faction warfare, with different factions of power attacking each other's credibility and using their media operatives to help in that.

41 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm going to go ahead and guess that whatever someone believes politically will influence how they view coverage of Biden by networks. 

Speak for yourself simpleton.  If any news outlet ever tried to sell me “mostly peaceful” I would reject it regardless. 

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

But bringing this up- like a$$hole did- after a post where I specifically mentioned a lot of this was predicted summer of 2020 and shortly into the pandemic (and all prior to 3 days ago) is just trying to make what you believe fit. 

Yah, I'm the one with blinders on.    At this point shredding your weak, poorly thought out points is like clubbing a baby seal.   There's no sport in it.    But I'll have another go at it for your benefit.  

Everyone on the planet knew that there would be a huge economic recovery when the CV19 lockdowns subsided.  You didn't need to be Milton Friedman to figure that out.   And that would happen no matter who was president.   It could have been Trump, Biden, Obama, Nixon, or the "rent is too damn high" guy who was president and that recovery would happen.     You just made that point yourself.

But (and here's the important point) - that recovery would happen as long as whomever was in charge didn't do anything to get in its way and fuk it up.    Your boy Biden did exactly that.    He pushed a massive extension and enhancement to the CV19 payroll benefits that allowed people to stay out of work, he's got the printing presses humming at light speed printing money,  he's completely screwed up the commodities markets (like oil), and has done dozens of other things to screw up the recovery.     

If he had just stayed in campaign mode (i.e. stayed in his basement and said very little) he would have been OK.   But he let the fanatics that he's surrounded with talk him in to all of the "FDR-like" programs he's pushing and he screwed up a sure thing.    You have to be a special kind of idiot to screw up a sure thing.   And you have to be an even more special kind of idiot not to see that.  

So you go ahead and take your victory lap over the economic recovery that should have happened at least a year ago but now supposedly is gonna happen "soon".   

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Except for you, of course right?  You're very independent.

12 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Yah, I'm the one with blinders on.    At this point shredding your weak, poorly thought out points is like clubbing a baby seal.   There's no sport in it.    But I'll have another go at it for your benefit.  

Everyone on the planet knew that there would be a huge economic recovery when the CV19 lockdowns subsided.  You didn't need to be Milton Friedman to figure that out.   And that would happen no matter who was president.   It could have been Trump, Biden, Obama, Nixon, or the "rent is too damn high" guy who was president and that recovery would happen.     You just made that point yourself.

But (and here's the important point) - that recovery would happen as long as whomever was in charge didn't do anything to get in its way and fuk it up.    Your boy Biden did exactly that.    He pushed a massive extension and enhancement to the CV19 payroll benefits that allowed people to stay out of work, he's got the printing presses humming at light speed printing money,  he's completely screwed up the commodities markets (like oil), and has done dozens of other things to screw up the recovery.     

If he had just stayed in campaign mode (i.e. stayed in his basement and said very little) he would have been OK.   But he let the fanatics that he's surrounded with talk him in to all of the "FDR-like" programs he's pushing and he screwed up a sure thing.    You have to be a special kind of idiot to screw up a sure thing.   And you have to be an even more special kind of idiot not to see that.  

So you go ahead and take your victory lap over the economic recovery that should have happened at least a year ago but now supposedly is gonna happen "soon".   

Excellent post. One point though, Mooney has no idea who Milton Friedman was and what he espoused. Assume he only started paying attention recently, like when Trump won. 

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Also, it should be noted. CNN and MSNBC may be some varying degrees of left but FOX News is to the right and by far the most watched news network. I mean FOX News in 2020 did 3.6 million viewers a day. MSNBC did 2.1 and CNN did 1.7....It's a little hard to take the idea then that the left is controlling all media when the most watched network is FOX by an almost 2:1 margin.

Goddam man, are you trolling or just stupid?   I hope you are trolling.  

Fox and those others are combined maybe 4M viewers.    MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS are in the tens of millions of viewers.  All of those are left-leaning if not hard left.    The left also has most print media (with WSJ & NYP being the outliers).   All of the late night talk shows are hard left.    Hollywood is all hard left    The billionaire class is mostly lefties too.    Academia (as you so amply prove) is hard-left.    Social media is hard-left, or did you miss the $460M that Zuck pumped to the dems in the last election.   Not to mention Soros, Omidyer, Gates, etc.    Bezos ex-wife pumped about $200M of his $ to dems.    

But you do your strawmen, it's one thing you are good at.    No one has said "all media" is controlled by the left.    It's the majority of the media and it outweighs right leaning outlets by about 10-1.   

2 minutes ago, Masshole said:

of course hes trolling.  he knows exactly what's he's doing.  he's a loon.

20 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

of course hes trolling.  he knows exactly what's he's doing.  he's a loon.

Mooney may not be trolling. It appears he’s one of the dumbest generation, the ones that actually paid to be indoctrinated. That doesn’t usually cost a fortune, you tend to join the military and other organizations for that. Imagine spending all that money and coming out thinking the same as e Rhine else who also paid for their “education”.  Probably an English lit major or something else equally as useless. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mooney may not be trolling. It appears he’s one of the dumbest generation, the ones that actually paid to be indoctrinated. That doesn’t usually cost a fortune, you tend to join the military and other organizations for that. Imagine spending all that money and coming out thinking the same as everyone else who also paid for their “education”.  Probably an English lit major or something else equally as useless. 

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

youre kidding if you are lumping OAN and NEWSMAX with CNN and MSNDC

Fox had plenty of people criticizing Trump daily

CNN is a reality tv show, begging for viewers, and MSNDC is a pure propaganda piece for the leftists

You're obtuse if you don't see OAN and Newsmax as right-wing propaganda machines, and Fox has plenty of catastrophizing misinformation turds such as Tucker Carlson. 

Just look at all the falsities this clown has tried to spread:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/list/?speaker=tucker-carlson

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You're obtuse if you don't see OAN and Newsmax as right-wing propaganda machines, and Fox has plenty of catastrophizing misinformation turds such as Tucker Carlson. 

Wow. Holy lack of reading comprehension Batman.  Woooooosh! 

48 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Fox and those others are combined maybe 4M viewers.    MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS are in the tens of millions of viewers.  All of those are left-leaning if not hard left.    The left also has most print media (with WSJ & NYP being the outliers).   All of the late night talk shows are hard left.    Hollywood is all hard left    The billionaire class is mostly lefties too.    Academia (as you so amply prove) is hard-left.    Social media is hard-left, or did you miss the $460M that Zuck pumped to the dems in the last election.   Not to mention Soros, Omidyer, Gates, etc.    Bezos ex-wife pumped about $200M of his $ to dems.    

But you do your strawmen, it's one thing you are good at.    No one has said "all media" is controlled by the left.    It's the majority of the media and it outweighs right leaning outlets by about 10-1.   

If you're going to mistakenly lump in ABC, NBC and CBS - which are far closer to the middle than CNN, MSNBC and Fox, then you have to lump in OAN, Newsmax, etc., but it's dumb to lump ABC, NBC and CBS.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. Holy lack of reading comprehension Batman.  Woooooosh! 

I see Tucker Carlson statements with the word "false" next to them. How does that constitute a lack of reading comprehension?

FALSE

false
/fôls/
Filter definitions by topic

See definitions in:
  1. 1.
    not according with truth or fact; incorrect.
    untruthful

2. 2.
    appearing to be the thing denoted; deliberately made or meant to deceive.
    "a false passport"

You're not going to change that word any more than you're going to move Juneteenth to December. 🤣

• Confused 1

I like personal responsibility, working hard, and safe communities. 

Thats why I vote Republican. 

5 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

What is he waiting for?

For Tucker Carlson to declare that cancer emasculates and feminizes people.

2 hours ago, Masshole said:

So the recovery should have happened at least a year ago? Hmmm.....who was President "at least a year ago"? Again- the bigger issue- the point you missed was that there has been tons of dumb consternation from the right about how this is never going to recover, Biden is ruining everything, etc...which ignores that things take a while to trickle down the chain and variants and all that kept happening because of stupid idiots. There were a lot of factors but the economy is looking at a 2022 recovery. I know the fan fiction is Trump would've done it sooner- but he wouldn't have. I know you want to ignore the context of what I said to post pithy comments about "Biden is colluding with networks to get positive coverage" which is whatever. 

The rest of your stuff is just talking point BS. Like explain how Biden screwed up oil? I'm gonna guess you say Keystone Pipeline XL which is just further proof you know nothing. 

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Except for you, of course right?  You're very independent.

I've said numerous times- everyone has biases. I don't watch news but I would assume there are still stories where I am biased one way or the other. 

52 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

If you're going to mistakenly lump in ABC, NBC and CBS - which are far closer to the middle than CNN, MSNBC and Fox, then you have to lump in OAN, Newsmax, etc., but it's dumb to lump ABC, NBC and CBS.

He's a dummy. It must've been pay day so he had some extra quarters to pay for more Internet time so he vomited out some word salad and then logged off. What a waste. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

where did I say they werent?

last I checked OAN and Newsmax were fringe news sources like Huffpo and Slate

btw when is the last time politifact did a fact check on Rick Maddow?

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so a thread about Joe Biden, Pimpamoron has turned from Trump!!!@#$!#$!$! to Tucker!$#@#!$!54

He needs to start taking Viagra. Stat. 

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so a thread about Joe Biden, Pimpamoron has turned from Trump!!!@#$!#$!$! to Tucker!$#@#!$!54

also muh russia

16 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

It's about all the stuff that's going on during his administration, from his behavior and actions to Clownzo's ongoing presence to what's going on in the media, etc.

I made a joke in another thread about how quickly the topic went of the rails, and someone said, "What did you expect at the Geek Club?" Or something like that.

So instead of spamming up the board with separate threads, I keep my sh!t in this one.

Would you prefer I start a "Tucker Carlson is a Buttknuckle" thread?

24 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It's about all the stuff that's going on during his administration, from his behavior and actions to Clownzo's ongoing presence to what's going on in the media, etc.

I made a joke in another thread about how quickly the topic went of the rails, and someone said, "What did you expect at the Geek Club?" Or something like that.

So instead of spamming up the board with separate threads, I keep my sh!t in this one.

Yes.  Preferably at Football Guys.  

37 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

TRUMP!!!! :cry:

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

there is a tucker thread go in there, there is also 1000 trump threads

this one is about bidens achievements I mean failures

22 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

There were a lot of factors but the economy is looking at a 2022 recovery. I know the fan fiction is Trump would've done it sooner- but he wouldn't have. I know you want to ignore the context of what I said to post pithy comments about "Biden is colluding with networks to get positive coverage" which is whatever. 

The rest of your stuff is just talking point BS. Like explain how Biden screwed up oil? I'm gonna guess you say Keystone Pipeline XL which is just further proof you know nothing. 

1st bolded point presented without any supporting evidence.   Just stated as fact, when it's just opinion (and very wrong).   Trump wouldn't have done most of the things that have delayed the recovery.  

2nd bolded point:   Keystone is a factor but just one of many.   Inflationary spending is one, or do you not realize that if your dollar is worth less, you are going to get less gas per dollar?   Biden's biggest impact on gas prices is his admin's overall turn to the left on oil exploration and production policy.    By embracing the "Green new deal", that we are going to have to "urgently" address climate change, not allowing drilling operations on federal lands, yes- shutting down Keystone and fracking, and overall signaling that his admin was going to be very anti-fossil fuels*.   The complete fiasco of the Russian trolls cyber-hacking the gas pipeline companies in the southeast and this admin pathetic reaction to that didn't help either.    Oil is traded in commodity futures and with all of these actions of this admin it sent a clear signal to the oil producers and traders and that drives up the futures prices.   That then drives up the price of fuel.     

Would you like me to link some info on oil commodities futures trading, or do you want to just go back to the teacher's lounge and hide?   God I hope you aren't an economics professor.    

* = You can have a separate debate about whether the reduction in fossil fuel usage is an urgent societal & climate need.   This is a question about how this admin impacted fuel prices, so I am leaving that one to the side for now.   

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I think Mooney's stupid is infecting you.    I DID lump OAN and Newsmax in with Fox, or is reading something you struggle with? 

You contradicted yourself in a single sentence post, which is hard to do - kudos.    ABC, NBC, & CBS aren't as far left as CNN & MSNBC but they are NOT "middle", you even said that yourself.    They lean pretty hard to the left, particularly their news and opinion operations, and have huge audiences.   What is the equivalent on the right?    Don't say Fox, because we already did.    The COMBINED audiences of MSNBC & CNN are close to or more than Fox and OAN/NM.    What's the "right leaning" networks beyond those?   Don't bother - there are none.  

Rusty democrats are entering uncharted waters of disapproval.

CNBC's generic ballot poll shows a 10% GOP advantage.  In the recorded history of generic ballot polling done by NBC and CNBC, the GOP has never had a 10-point lead.  Until now.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/cnbc-gop-democrats-congress/2021/12/10/id/1048209/