MLCKAA

What is your net worth?

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

It's a pretty common mistake to think something is unattainable so you convince yourself that isn't what you really want.

I get that people like their job and they live for that. They live to work instead of working to live.  I mean you really want to be a "corporate executive" into your late 60s.  Blah.  

That's ok though, we just change the term from "retirement" to "independently wealthy".  And you can keep on being an executive if that's your hobby. 

Studies show that the more mentally your engaged and challenged as you age the sharper you stay.

But hey, retire at 50 and golf and take naps to your hearts content.  That's sure to keep the ol' brain in tip top shape.

To some of us working isn't really work.  It's fulfilling and enjoyable. 

6 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

It's what you do when you want your kids to have the best start in life.

But you cultist really wouldn't know anything about the importance of college now would you.

I fund my kids 529 ahead of time and can cover my expenses with cash. Pay attention in here, maybe we can get you out of your financial mess and retire before you are 70. No wonder you are such a crotchety old d bag, what a mess. 😂

1 minute ago, BirdGang said:

Hate to burst your bubble but everyone here sees you’re an idiot. Even the resident Libs see it. 

Hate to burst your bubble.  You're a CONFIRMED RAT and a CONFIRMED BOTTON.

The libs on the board are almost as bad as the cultist.  Just turn over and expose their bellies.  No fire in them like the libs at FBGs.  You know the place where you mashed the report button so much that Maurile PM'd me to tell me what a RAT you are?

1 minute ago, BirdGang said:

I fund my kids 529 ahead of time and can cover my expenses with cash. Pay attention in here, maybe we can get you out of your financial mess and retire before you are 70. No wonder you are such a crotchety old d bag, what a mess. 😂

Oof...have you looked at your 529 balance lately boyo?  I'm guessing it ain't paying for nearly as much as you think.

And just LMFAO that you have kids who will go to college...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Studies show that the more mentally your engaged and challenged as you age the sharper you stay.

But hey, retire at 50 and golf and take naps to your hearts content.  That's sure to keep the ol' brain in tip top shape.

It's "you're", not "your."  If you want to be mentally engaged try reading a 10th grade English text.  And stopping working doesn't mean one has to disengage mentally.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strike said:

It's "you're", not "your."  If you want to be mentally engaged try reading a 10th grade English text.  And stopping working doesn't mean one has to disengage mentally.

LOL, we got a grammar nazi in here boyos!  Better button up the spelling!  Make sure too use the proper form of to!!!

And stopping working doesn't mean one has to disengage mentally.  BUT staying working ensures you stay engaged mentally. 

2 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

The libs on the board are almost as bad as the cultist.  Just turn over and expose their bellies.  No fire in them like the libs at FBGs.  You know the place where you mashed the report button so much that Maurile PM'd me to tell me what a RAT you are?

You don’t do to well without the FBG safe space, the level which you have been owned here is tough to watch. Your ignorance brings it on yourself though, keep your helmet on. 

1 minute ago, Raven Fan said:

LOL, we got a grammar nazi in here boyos!  Better button up the spelling!  Make sure too use the proper form of to!!!

And stopping working doesn't mean one has to disengage mentally.  BUT staying working ensures you stay engaged mentally. 

Oh please.  Nothing mentally engaging about emptying that box of frozen fries into the frier McDonald's boy.  Now get back to work. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Oof...have you looked at your 529 balance lately boyo?  I'm guessing it ain't paying for nearly as much as you think.

And just LMFAO that you have kids who will go to college...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Luckily I’m not an old unsuccessful Lib like you and my kids are a decade from college. Keep taking notes gramps, @Horseman and I will get your finances on track after you beg for forgiveness. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

Oh please.  Nothing mentally engaging about emptying that box of frozen fries into the frier McDonald's boy.  Now get back to work. 

"Executive" frier McDonald's boy.

8 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Slow down and take a breath there bud.  Some of us don't need a job to be challenged.  I'm the best at what I do in my profession, but, the hundreds of "hobbies" I have planned are going to be just as challenging and a lot more rewarding.     

For fok sake, do people really not have plans of things they want to accomplish in life that are different than their job?

And it doesn't matter anyway, just change it from "retirement" to "independently wealthy".  Like I said.

17 minutes ago, Strike said:

Spelling "your" incorrectly is a thing amongst top level executives.

21 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

No fire in them like the libs at FBGs.  

🤣

Bunch of quitters.  Henry, Saints, Ditkaless.  Who was left Tim?  GM and Fish, the most effeminate men on the planet?

6 minutes ago, Horseman said:

🤣

Bunch of quitters.  Henry, Saints, Ditkaless.  Who was left Tim?  GM and Fish, the most effeminate men on the planet?

Raven doesn’t stand a chance without the FBGheyz Libs pushing their communist agenda with him. 😂

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

I'm targeting 2 more years too.  I'll meet you on the golf course in Vegas to celebrate.  

Hell ya!

Lets see I have $41 in my bank account at the moment, Between my Monte Carlo, Toyota Corolla and Ps4. I probably have a net worth a little over 5 grand.

3 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Lets see I have $41 in my bank account at the moment, Between my Monte Carlo, Toyota Corolla and Ps4. I probably have a net worth a little over 5 grand.

Now imagine that the door handles on the Toyota didn't work, and you'll see how that's an investment that quite literally paid for itself.  🤑

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Now imagine that the door handles on the Toyota didn't work, and you'll see how that's an investment that quite literally paid for itself.  🤑

Got new tread to boot. Wal Mart tires though and they suck! They pick up every piece of gravel and salt and throw it around.

5 hours ago, Raven Fan said:

I'm 41 and obsessed with retirement. There is so much I want to do in retirement that I can't wait for. I will be more busy in retirement than I am now, but with things I love. Nothing wrong with retiring early unless you have nothing to do. Get some hobbies and activities that challenge you and you don't need work.

10 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I'm 41 and obsessed with retirement. There is so much I want to do in retirement that I can't wait for. I will be more busy in retirement than I am now, but with things I love. Nothing wrong with retiring early unless you have nothing to do. Get some hobbies and activities that challenge you and you don't need work.

100%.  Same here.  

17 hours ago, Raven Fan said:

Yep, got a little bit of my youngest's loan to pay off.

If you don't mind my asking, why are you paying off the loan?  Nothing wrong with helping your kids, but this sounds like a permanent situation, not a few payments until they get settled.  :dunno: 

11 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

23 minutes ago, Horseman said:

100%.  Same here.  

My younger brother, in one of his few pearls of wisdom, once said to me:  there are two types of people, those who love their work, and those who work to support doing the things they love.  I spent most of my career doing the latter but searching for the former, and in God's great irony, I might have finally found it in my last company when my cancer hit.  I basically spent most of my career looking forward to retirement, then being disappointed when I had to retire.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 6:31 AM, Raven Fan said:

Have you tried conversion therapy to cure you of your gayness?  And why do you live in a blue area?  Note you haven't disputed it.  Why not go join your uneducated and poor and bible thumping brethren in West Virginia or some other bastion of conservative values?  Is it because they won't accept your gayness?

SAD

And feel bad for my family?  You mean my two educated and successful kids with no student loans?  Or my wife who's been able to stay at home because I make such a good living?  LMFAO

Above is from another thread.

18 hours ago, Raven Fan said:

And holy chit I thought I was in decent shape but now with you saying I may have to eat rice and beans I may as well rope.

Good luck to everyone retiring so early.  I wouldn't want to do it but if that's what you want have at it boyos. 

:dunno: 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Above is from another thread.

:dunno: 

He is like his hero Jimmy Brandon Biden, he makes up stories.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Raven Fan said:

You got completely exposed for all your lies and I feel kind of bad now that we found out you're unsuccessful and in debt. 

How much do you owe, what is the APR and how long is it going to take you to pay it off?

I figure since I have a bunch of cash sitting around that needs to be making me more money I might be able to offer you a lower interest rate.  Win - Win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

My younger brother, in one of his few pearls of wisdom, once said to me:  there are two types of people, those who love their work, and those who work to support doing the things they love.  I spent most of my career doing the latter but searching for the former, and in God's great irony, I might have finally found it in my last company when my cancer hit.  I basically spent most of my career looking forward to retirement, then being disappointed when I had to retire.

Damn dude that sux.

I have always wanted to retire early.  I like what I do but the corporate ESG and HR bullsh!t now out weigh my love for what I do.

Retirement talk fascinates me. I'm greatly looking forward to it, but likely have at least 15 years before it becomes feasible. I'm curious about those of you that watch your retirement funds so closely. I put a healthy amount into my 403b, but not the max. I will have a pension, but not a huge one. Our financial adviser is very good at her job and has made us some healthy profits. She has told my wife and I that the track we're on is great, and literally advised us to not pay ahead on our mortgage, which is our only debt, but to travel and enjoy our kids while they're still pretty young. 

So what gives? We're comfortable, not wealthy, and you guys make it sound like you have to squeeze every red cent out of your future retirement funds despite supposedly making a bunch of money already? What's the upside? You all got really expensive hobbies and tastes, or what? Or am I just too lackadaisical about my finances?

7 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Retirement talk fascinates me. I'm greatly looking forward to it, but likely have at least 15 years before it becomes feasible. I'm curious about those of you that watch your retirement funds so closely. I put a healthy amount into my 403b, but not the max. I will have a pension, but not a huge one. Our financial adviser is very good at her job and has made us some healthy profits. She has told my wife and I that the track we're on is great, and literally advised us to not pay ahead on our mortgage, which is our only debt, but to travel and enjoy our kids while they're still pretty young. 

So what gives? We're comfortable, not wealthy, and you guys make it sound like you have to squeeze every red cent out of your future retirement funds despite supposedly making a bunch of money already? What's the upside? You all got really expensive hobbies and tastes, or what? Or am I just too lackadaisical about my finances?

We're similar.  My family and I enjoy life, we spend money on things we enjoy.  I never thought the goal was to save as much as you can to get to retirement, it was enjoy the ride to retirement.  I save money but we also live in a nice house, eat out, go on vacations, etc.  My next 10 years are saving years as the kids leave the nest and my wife and I figure out our next chapter.

17 minutes ago, Fnord said:

For me, I would not categorize it as "squeezing every red cent out of future retirement".  I would call it maximizing your retirement savings.  It is similar to doing your income taxes.  Most people are perfectly happy using turbo tax and paying whatever it says to pay.  Other people dig into the 77,000 pages of the tax code to take advantage of every rule they possibly can to pay as little as possible.  I would rather spend the time and energy to let my money work for me so I don't have to work as long.   Also, some people are more than happy working to 65 or 70 some are not.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

You got completely exposed for all your lies and I feel kind of bad now that we found out you're unsuccessful and in debt. 

How much do you owe, what is the APR and how long is it going to take you to pay it off?

I figure since I have a bunch of cash sitting around that needs to be making me more money I'd might be able to offer you a lower interest rate.  Win - Win

@Raven Fan curious to get your honest opinion on how things are going here for you, on a scale of 1-10? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BirdGang said:

@Raven Fan curious to get your honest opinion on how things are going here for you, on a scale of 1-10? 

Him and Gutterboy had a real bad night last night.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

I draw the line for penny pinching at being in debt and in most cases a mortgage not counting as debt.  Car payment, credit cards, student loans you shouldn't go on vacations and have nice things before you pay off your debt.  I know very few people who are debt free that don't go on vacations and have nice things.

It's hard to give specific advise without specific numbers, but, I'm betting there are some pretty simple things you could be doing to change those 15 years into 10 and that's the idea.  5 years is a large percentage of time between when you retire and die.  First thing you need to do is to figure out how to maximize your retirement plan contributions.  The one regret I have right now sitting a couple years away from retirement is that I didn't do that sooner.  If I had I would already be retired.   

And yes, I have a lot of things planned for retirement so my number is probably higher than most people.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

We're similar.  My family and I enjoy life, we spend money on things we enjoy.  I never thought the goal was to save as much as you can to get to retirement, it was enjoy the ride to retirement.  I save money but we also live in a nice house, eat out, go on vacations, etc.  My next 10 years are saving years as the kids leave the nest and my wife and I figure out our next chapter.

Pics of your wife?

22 hours ago, Raven Fan said:

And Maurile also exposed what safe-space sissy boys the leftist FBG posters were, out reporting conservatives by more than 8 to 1.  What a bunch of low-IQ wimps you and your buddies were.  

• Like 1

I am completely convinced that the poster above reported me at FBG. Wimp, indeed. Snowflake puzzy who has me on ignore because of his sensitivity to being questioned. Radicalized coward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fnord said:

5 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

We were similar as well.  We have a nice house (had a more expensive one but downsized), eat out some (but not a ton, as my wife loves to cook), go on vacations.  Also sent 3 kids to private school for years.  In parallel, I made good money, we maxed out 401Ks (and hit the limit most years), still made more than we spent.  Early in our marriage we got great financial advice:  rent your toys.  So we've never owned boats or other large toys.  I never really had a set plan other than, like Shooter says, let's get the kids through college and see where we are.

Then that pesky cancer hit two years ago, and walla! I'm retired. My wife makes good money but not Geek Club money, but she loves her job and has no desire to retire in the near future.  We'll be fine financially, although we went a little bonkers on the remodel and are targeting a more austere 2023.

We made a few poor investment choices along the way which, had they not happened, we'd be in better shape.  But those were all with intentions of diversifying, not trying to hit it big (they just didn't work out).

My FIL worked his entire career for one of the big auto companies in middle management; he retired at 55 with a full pension and his computer told him every morning the number of days until he retired.  That there is a person who knew what he wanted to be:  retired!  I didn't share that disdain for my work, so I was just going with the flow.

49 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I am completely convinced that the poster above reported me at FBG. Wimp, indeed. Snowflake puzzy who has me on ignore because of his sensitivity to being questioned. Radicalized coward.

You sound like another whiny hypocrite Libby. 

2 hours ago, jonmx said:

And Maurile also exposed what safe-space sissy boys the leftist FBG posters were, out reporting conservatives by more than 8 to 1.  What a bunch of low-IQ wimps you and your buddies were.  

It was a pathetic bunch wasn’t it? 

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Early in our marriage we got great financial advice:  rent your toys.  So we've never owned boats or other large toys. 

That's a good one, unless you live on the water or something where it would get a lot of use.

Similar with vehicles.  Never get a car loan.  It's better to drive a used economical vehicle you can afford to pay for outright.  Work you way up until you are wealthy enough to buy the overpriced brand new depreciating investment with cash if that's what you really want.