Jump to content
MLCKAA

What is your net worth?

Recommended Posts

Age and net worth?  

I’m 47, wife 46 (36c) and our net worth is $610k.

She just got a SAR incentive that’s gonna pay her anywhere from $700k to $1M if she stays with her employer for 7 more years, so that’s a game changer.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52. $eleventy-billion

 

I don’t know our net worth. I know we have no debt and enough in savings to meet near term needs and our long-term retirement needs. Have money put away for college to cover my youngest who is heading to college in the fall, but we will still have him take out some loans to have skin in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of thousand.  We are the epitome of living paycheck to paycheck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

A couple of thousand.  We are the epitome of living paycheck to paycheck.

Not like much of mine is cash.  Almost all retirement savings and home equity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Around 800,000k

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 shillings

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honestly, I don't know 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Age and net worth?  

I’m 47, wife 46 (36c) and our net worth is $610k.

She just got a SAR incentive that’s gonna pay her anywhere from $700k to $1M if she stays with her employer for 7 more years, so that’s a game changer.

That is only good if she stays with you that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

A lot less after the divorce was finalized in Jan

Isn’t that the truth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is very subjective.   Half depends on how much I can get for my half of the business.  No long term debt which is nice so I'd say somewhere between 800 and 1.6.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year I made $49 million, which really pissed me off cuz it was 3 short of a million a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43.

Truck will be paid off in 5 more payments. House will be paid off in 12 more years. Have about 15k in the bank.

As of this moment, I'm looking at a pension of about 1500 a month. And have about 300k in 401 savings. So nothing that i can brag about. But assuming i can stay healthy and do as good in the next 20 years, as I did in the last 25. We should be pretty comfortable.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Age 48, married.

Just short of 2 mil
_________________________

1.42 mil in retirement account as of this a.m
335k house
45k vehicle 1 (depreciated value)
30k vehicle 2 (depreciated value)
50k in toys and 2 other vehicle (depreciated)
80k cash
40k checking 1
15k checking 2

No debt.

My "job" is a "ya just never know" sort of thing.  Hoping to be able to not touch the 1.42m (this amount obviously fluctuates with the market) for 10 more years. 
I have been wondering for the past 10 years.... "what's am I gonna do for a job when 'this' goes away?" .   Luckily it hasn't.  Knock on wood. 

Also, I have been looking for the next opportunity/business to start. 

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whatever GOD says I'm worth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fidelity account was worth A LOT more 2 weeks ago, lets just say that :mad:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys that are millionaires, what do you do for a living?  Did you start from $0 or did you get money from parents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You guys that are millionaires, what do you do for a living?  Did you start from $0 or did you get money from parents?

A million isn't what it used to be and many people are late 40's, early 50's. That is 25-30 years of work to get there.

I know that I did not have debt coming out of college, but did not get anything from my parents. My wife and I are savers and do decent from an income standpoint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You guys that are millionaires, what do you do for a living?  Did you start from $0 or did you get money from parents?

My brother and I took over the family business.  He's 9 years older than I but hasn't saved a focking dime.  I live within my means for the most part.  I have a camper at the lake instead of a lake home type of thing.    Paid off my house before I was 40.  Granted, living in northern Minnesota helps a lot with the cost of living.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You guys that are millionaires, what do you do for a living?  Did you start from $0 or did you get money from parents?

First off, a million ... if you don't have money coming in, will go away fast.    My monthly spend is a lot.  I actually am trying to get it down.

"Millionaire" ... is a funny term.  A million isn't what it used to be.  Again, lose job/career...it will vanish fast.  I feel vulnerable all the time, and money is my biggest worry. 

For me...I've gotten ZERO from anyone. No inheritance, no gimmes. None. 

Started a business when I was nearing the end of college (teaching/coaching degree), it went well from 1996 to 2002.  2002 to 2006 it declined fast when cell phones became mainstream.  I spun that off into something else....that with complete luck, went ballistic for a few years (I was making 100k per month for about 6 months in 2014. Bell curve on both sides of 2014).  Its since been good and fairly stable, but not like it was in 2014. I doubt I'll ever see that kind of $ again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

First off, a million ... if you don't have money coming in, will go away fast.    My monthly spend is a lot.  I actually am trying to get it down.

"Millionaire" ... is a funny term.  A million isn't what it used to be.  Again, lose job/career...it will vanish fast.  I feel vulnerable all the time, and money is my biggest worry. 

For me...I've gotten ZERO from anyone. No inheritance, no gimmes. None. 

Started a business when I was nearing the end of college (teaching/coaching degree), it went well from 1996 to 2002.  2002 to 2006 it declined fast when cell phones became mainstream.  I spun that off into something else....that with complete luck, went ballistic for a few years (I was making 100k per month for about 6 months in 2014. Bell curve on both sides of 2014).  Its since been good and fairly stable, but not like it was in 2014. I doubt I'll ever see that kind of $ again. 

Maybe we should define "millionaire". If it means having a net worth over $1m, then I think that is a much broader group than it was in the past. If it means someone who makes more than $1m per year, then that is completely different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Maybe we should define "millionaire". If it means having a net worth over $1m, then I think that is a much broader group than it was in the past. If it means someone who makes more than $1m per year, then that is completely different. 

If you're making a million a year...you should be a MULTI-millionaire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a nice net, and definitely comes in handy, but at this point, probably only a few bucks.  :dunno:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tubby_mcgee said:

If you're making a million a year...you should be a MULTI-millionaire. 

Depends on hookers and heroin, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Depends on hookers and heroin, though. 

That is true also.   Lots of ways to blow through money on cocaine and hookers and "living the lifestyle".

I think what happens to a lot of people...they start making gobbs of money, spend as thought making gobbs, then quit making gobbs, but keep spending as though making gobbs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tubby_mcgee said:

That is true also.   Lots of ways to blow through money on cocaine and hookers and "living the lifestyle".

I think what happens to a lot of people...they start making gobbs of money, spend as thought making gobbs, then quit making gobbs, but keep spending as though making gobbs.

 

I think that my brother is in that boat now. Had all sorts of money. Spent it like that well would never dry up and it dried up. I am not sure because he would never admit it if it did dry up. :dunno: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I think that my brother is in that boat now. Had all sorts of money. Spent it like that well would never dry up and it dried up. I am not sure because he would never admit it if it did dry up. :dunno: 

 

What did he do to make the money? Why did it stop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

You guys that are millionaires, what do you do for a living?  Did you start from $0 or did you get money from parents?

I started with the 401k- small contributions at first and increased until I was putting in 20% of my pay. Tried to diversify my mutual funds but the aggressive growth funds paid off in the long run- though it was a bumpy ride. My employer only kicked in 25 cents on the dollar up to the first 3% you put in. Then he stopped the match totally. I continued to contribute anyway.

I also started a couple aggressive growth mutual funds outside of retirement- sometimes the dividend kicks your ass at tax time, but it’s ok. I started with $100 a month and ultimately got to $200 a month. Haven’t contributed anything in 10 or 15 years and they are up over $100k each.

It just takes time and the strength to not panic sell during a downturn. IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have anywhere near what you all are worth and am too ashamed to reveal my paltry savings.

Congratulations on your wife’s incentive. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

What did he do to make the money? Why did it stop?

He sold software and had a couple of companies that he started. It dries up when you stop selling software. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×