Mrs. Voltaire

Reperations to start in Evanston, IL

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/evanston-illinois-becomes-first-u-s-city-pay-reparations-blacks-n1261791

The North Shore suburb’s city council voted 8-1 to distribute $400,000 to eligible Black households in the city, whose population is about 75,000. Each qualifying household would receive $25,000 for home repairs or down payments on property.

Just now, Mrs. Voltaire said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/evanston-illinois-becomes-first-u-s-city-pay-reparations-blacks-n1261791

The North Shore suburb’s city council voted 8-1 to distribute $400,000 to eligible Black households in the city, whose population is about 75,000. Each qualifying household would receive $25,000 for home repairs or down payments on property.

🤮

And I'm guessing all of their children are automatically approved to enroll in Northwestern over qualified whites and asians. 

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So what next when this doesn't work?

Riots.  Count on them when 1 neighbor gets something and the next doesn't. 

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

🤮

And I'm guessing all of their children are automatically approved to enroll in Northwestern over qualified whites and asians. 

I'd bet against it.  Northwestern is a private school, not a state university.

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So what next when this doesn't work?

They'll do what every other Democrat does.  Say that the problem isn't the initiative, it's that the money isn't enough.  Then they'll just keep adding more and more money until they lose all of their residents to neighboring towns because the taxes are too high.  At that point, they'll blame it on racism/white flight.

• Thanks 1

For the record... I have no problem with this.  I am against reparations, but only on a federal level.  I'm not against it on the local level.  If you want it, then vote for the people who will put it in place.  If you don't want it, then don't vote for those people.  In the end, I do think this will do more harm than good because areas that have this will see an influx of black people and an exodus of wealthy people.  But, the local level is where things like this should happen.

$400K total, $25K each... so there are 16 black households in Evanston, makes sense, I wonder how they snuck in there back before the days of virtue signaling.  Maybe they put them on a float to show them off during the Evanston Easter parade.  :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They'll do what every other Democrat does.  Say that the problem isn't the initiative, it's that the money isn't enough.  Then they'll just keep adding more and more money until they lose all of their residents to neighboring towns because the taxes are too high.  At that point, they'll blame it on racism/white flight.

This what needs to stop.  You used to know that inner cities and the coastal states are crazy but that craziness was contained.  Now they are all moving.  No.  You should need to show how you voted over the past like 10 years at least and if it's party line Democrat then you can only move to a Blue county.  Liberalism is cancer.  Period.  If we don't contain it it will kill us all.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

For the record... I have no problem with this.  I am against reparations, but only on a federal level.  I'm not against it on the local level.  If you want it, then vote for the people who will put it in place.  If you don't want it, then don't vote for those people.  In the end, I do think this will do more harm than good because areas that have this will see an influx of black people and an exodus of wealthy people.  But, the local level is where things like this should happen.

You still think voting matters?

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

This what needs to stop.  You used to know that inner cities and the coastal states are crazy but that craziness was contained.  Now they are all moving.  No.  You should need to show how you voted over the past like 10 years at least and if it's party line Democrat then you can only move to a Blue county.  Liberalism is cancer.  Period.  If we don't contain it it will kill us all.

Local policies like this would contain it.  It will absolutely create more all white neighborhoods and even more predominantly black neighborhoods.  Things like this would be a nightmare for the black community because schools will suffer too.  There's no winner in this scenario other than the politicians.

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

$400K total, $25K each... so there are 16 black households in Evanston, makes sense, I wonder how they snuck in there back before the days of virtue signaling.  Maybe they put them on a float to show them off during the Evanston Easter parade.  :dunno: 

There are 16 "qualifying" black households.  Also, I found it interesting at where the money is coming from...

"The program is being funded through donations and revenue from a 3% tax on the sale of recreational marijuana. The city has pledged to distribute $10 million over 10 years."

The money is coming from black people and Millenials!!!!  🤣

That town knows EXACTLY how much money they're going to generate in taxes on weed.  I'm betting that of the $10M over the next 10 years, that only $500k is coming from donations and the rest from pot.

https://patch.com/illinois/evanston/20-million-spent-recreational-weed-illinois-12-days

With knowing this.... I am 100% in favor or reparations with this kind of payment structure.  BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There are 16 "qualifying" black households.  Also, I found it interesting at where the money is coming from...

"The program is being funded through donations and revenue from a 3% tax on the sale of recreational marijuana. The city has pledged to distribute $10 million over 10 years."

The money is coming from black people and Millenials!!!!  🤣

That town knows EXACTLY how much money they're going to generate in taxes on weed.  I'm betting that of the $10M over the next 10 years, that only $500k is coming from donations and the rest from pot.

https://patch.com/illinois/evanston/20-million-spent-recreational-weed-illinois-12-days

With knowing this.... I am 100% in favor or reparations with this kind of payment structure.  BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Are you implying that they are actively attracting the empowered crowd using MJ and reparations?  They better not run out of either.  

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Are you implying that they are actively attracting the empowered crowd using MJ and reparations?  They better not run out of either.  

I think they're 100% virtue signaling.  They clearly don't have a lot of poor black people in their town.  If they only need $400k for 16 households, it's evident that the mass majority of black people in that town are well off.  They're pandering to that crowd of black people, not the low income black people.  Proof of it is that they're not even using any other upper classes money to pay the reparations.  Now, I've never bought marijuana, so I have no idea what it costs, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of upper class white people who smoke pot will do most of their shopping outside of Evanston, IL.

They're focking poking the bear nowadays

stock up my friends!

55 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It absolutely does at the local level.

X Doubt

30 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

but I'm willing to bet that the majority of upper class white people who smoke pot will do most of their shopping outside of Evanston, IL.

They should really start doing all their living outside of Evanston, IL.  

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

You still think voting matters?

How black do you have to be to qualify?  Does half-black count? Quarter black?  1/8th ?  What if you're 100% black, but the family moved to the US in the 1950's?  Does that count? What if your ancestors lived free in the North and were never slaves?

Shouldn't Southerns get reparations for the war crimes committed by the North during the Civil War?

This is nuts.

3 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

How black do you have to be to qualify?  Does half-black count? Quarter black?  1/8th ?  What if you're 100% black, but the family moved to the US in the 1950's?  Does that count? What if your ancestors lived free in the North and were never slaves?

Shouldn't Southerns get reparations for the war crimes committed by the North during the Civil War?

This is nuts.

Yeah, definitely opening a can of worms.  Also, the college loan write-offs.  Do those who never went to college get 10-50 grand free money?  It seems rather unfair.

Just now, fandandy said:

Yeah, definitely opening a can of worms.  Also, the college loan write-offs.  Do those wh o never went to college get 10-50 grand free money?  It seems rather unfair.

Or people who actually paid off their student loans.  Do they get their money back, or is it just too bad for them? 

Just now, GobbleDog said:

Or people who actually paid off their student loans.  Do they get their money back, or is it just too bad for them? 

Yup.  Liberals ain't none too bright.   

29 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm looking forward to getting the $65,000 that I borrowed and paid back in full. Plus interest, plus inflation. Let's round it out to an even $100.000 and then I'll walk away peacefully. :thumbsup:  

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I'm looking forward to getting the $65,000 that I borrowed and paid back in full. Plus interest, plus inflation. Let's round it out to an even $100.000 and then I'll walk away peacefully. :thumbsup:  

If you don't get your wish might I recommend throwing a Molotov cocktail at the police and setting a courthouse on fire?

so what happens when democrats start handing reparations out to blacks and they start voting republican?  what happens then?

Just now, fandandy said:

If you don't get your wish might I recommend throwing a Molotov cocktail at the police and setting a courthouse on fire?

Those are very fine and modern techniques. Heavily tested and proven destructive. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Just make sure and do it at night as that makes it perfectly fine. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

absolute crock of shite!!!

The Left is doing all they can to destroy America

6 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

absolute crock of shite!!!

The Left is doing all they can to destroy America

Cancer does what cancer does.  Containment is the only solution.  

Sadly, the US education system is basically the Lymph Nodes of this country.  We have Liberalphoma.  

The prognosis is not good.  

• Thanks 1

"Qualifying residents must either have lived in or been a direct descendant of a Black person who lived in Evanston between 1919 to 1969 and who suffered discrimination in housing because of city ordinances, policies or practices."

I wonder how people are going to show their ancestors suffered discrimination in housing because of city ordinances, policies, or practices.  Or if they even need to.

What % of your DNA must be "African" to qualify?

Do you have to prove your ancestors were here prior to a certain date?

What if you or your family actually worked instead of whining, and became successful, do you still qualify?

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

"Qualifying residents must either have lived in or been a direct descendant of a Black person who lived in Evanston between 1919 to 1969 and who suffered discrimination in housing because of city ordinances, policies or practices."

I wonder how people are going to show their ancestors suffered discrimination in housing because of city ordinances, policies, or practices.  Or if they even need to.

Ah, thanks, interesting choice in terms of time span as a qualifying factor. 

You prove you're black, you prove your ancestor lived in the town, you must own a property, and after that you get a grant to fix up your house. No actual cash, money.  Knowing how much these people read the bold print, much less the fine print, there's trouble brewing.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

You prove you're black, you prove your ancestor lived in the town, you must own a property, and after that you get a grant to fix up your house. No actual cash, money.  Knowing how much these people read the bold print, much less the fine print, there's trouble brewing.

Lawsuits for years....

2 hours ago, nobody said:

It's going to be a shitshow. 

Blacks won’t count this as reparations cause they aren’t getting cash. Just stuff to better their lives which they don’t want. Most would rather spend the money on trips, jewelry, cars, alcohol, drugs, etc. Stuff for instant gratification instead of something that will them on the future. Most prefer instant gratification over bettering their future

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Blacks won’t count this as reparations cause they aren’t getting cash. Just stuff to better their lives which they don’t want. Most would rather spend the money on trips, jewelry, cars, alcohol, drugs, etc. Stuff for instant gratification instead of something that will them on the future. Most prefer instant gratification over bettering their future

It won't go anywhere. No city can set aside tax money for people of a specific race.  Maybe a specific neighborhood. 

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It won't go anywhere. No city can set aside tax money for people of a specific race.  Maybe a specific neighborhood. 

But at the federal level:

The COVID-19 relief bill includes $5 billion in aid for farmers of color