Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Get your shopping done early in San Fran

16 hours ago, dogcows said:

Bail reform is a good idea. Whether somebody gets released should NOT be related to how much money they have.

Deciding whether to detain a person between arrest and trial should be totally based on their risk to the community and their flight risk.

Bail is put in place to ensure the charged doesn’t flee and to protect the public. Do you have a better way than cash bail to obtain those goals? It would be great if you people did instead of, as usual, your solution accomplishing neither. Money is the leverage used to keep people with it in line. What leverage would we have to keep those without it in line? Very few people flee who have to put up bail. As usual, people like you have no idea how lower income people manage to make bail. Many of them do. Some of them don’t, because no one will vouch for them and help out with bail, because they aren’t worth the risk to people that know them best. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, dogcows said:

Bail reform is a good idea. Whether somebody gets released should NOT be related to how much money they have.

Deciding whether to detain a person between arrest and trial should be totally based on their risk to the community and their flight risk.

Then totally tighten up bail.  You do anything violent you get no bail.  Simple.  But Dems won't go with that either.  So in the end innocent people of the community get the raw end of the deal all in the name of Liberal utopia fantasies. This is textbook liberal sabotage of communities.  People like you are willing to sacrifice good civil people and the community in exchange for feeling good about yourself.  Textbook.  Violent criminals over contributing good people in the community.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Then totally tighten up bail.  You do anything violent you get no bail.  Simple.  But Dems won't go with that either.  So in the end innocent people of the community get the raw end of the deal all in the name of Liberal utopia fantasies. This is textbook liberal sabotage of communities.  People like you are willing to sacrifice good civil people and the community in exchange for feeling good about yourself.  Textbook.  Violent criminals over contributing good people in the community.  

Has anyone played the good old "disproportionately impacts people of color" bullsh1t card yet? 

19 hours ago, dogcows said:

Wooooow. You really ARE a complete focking moron. You have ZERO clue about laws, bail, or how to be a competent human being 

19 hours ago, dogcows said:

Weird how that risk of flight goes down when there are 10's of thousands of dollars on the line, isn't it? 

Here's an idea, don't commit the crime if you can't afford to bail yourself out if you get caught. 

9 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Weird how that risk of flight goes down when there are 10's of thousands of dollars on the line, isn't it? 

Here's an idea, don't commit the crime if you can't afford to bail yourself out if you get caught. 

Not committing crime is raciss thinking!!!!! :nono:

14 minutes ago, DonS said:

Must be my White Privelege. :dunno:

35 minutes ago, DonS said:

And white privilege. of course    :lol:

On 11/26/2021 at 11:10 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bail is put in place to ensure the charged doesn’t flee and to protect the public. Do you have a better way than cash bail to obtain those goals? It would be great if you people did instead of, as usual, your solution accomplishing neither. Money is the leverage used to keep people with it in line. What leverage would we have to keep those without it in line? Very few people flee who have to put up bail. As usual, people like you have no idea how lower income people manage to make bail. Many of them do. Some of them don’t, because no one will vouch for them and help out with bail, because they aren’t worth the risk to people that know them best. 

If somebody is a threat, remand them to custody. Period. Money shouldn’t factor into it at all. For those released awaiting trial, you can use technology like ankle bracelets to monitor them if they are a minor flight risk for example. The District of Columbia doesn’t have cash bail. They have better results than most areas WITH cash bail.

Philadelphia recently ended cash bail and actually saw an INCREASE in people coming to their court dates.

Cash bail doesn’t really work. What if this Waukesha killer gets his bail paid by terrorists and goes and kills more people? He should be held until trial without bail of any kind.

Just now, dogcows said:

If somebody is a threat, remand them to custody. Period. Money shouldn’t factor into it at all. For those released awaiting trial, you can use technology like ankle bracelets to monitor them if they are a minor flight risk for example. The District of Columbia doesn’t have cash bail. They have better results than most areas WITH cash bail.

Philadelphia recently ended cash bail and actually saw an INCREASE in people coming to their court dates.

Cash bail doesn’t really work. What if this Waukesha killer gets his bail paid by terrorists and goes and kills more people? He should be held until trial without bail of any kind.

Using Philadelphia and DC as an example of what works is funny. Philly just hit 500 murders. DC is over 200. That’s all after criminal justice “reform” was instituted in those places.  And there is no bail if the DA doesn’t bring charges. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Using Philadelphia and DC as an example of what works is funny. Philly just hit 500 murders. DC is over 200. That’s all after criminal justice “reform” was instituted in those places.  And there is no bail if the DA doesn’t bring charges. 

Do you ever get tired of moving the goalposts?

The question in this thread is whether cash bail works, not overall crime rates or anything else. You’re just distracting and changing the topic. Look at the data or don’t. Since the data disagree with your preconceived notions, I’m guessing you won’t look.

4 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Do you ever get tired of moving the goalposts?

The question in this thread is whether cash bail works, not overall crime rates or anything else. You’re just distracting and changing the topic. Look at the data or don’t. Since the data disagree with your preconceived notions, I’m guessing you won’t look.

I ask you again, is no bail having a positive or negative impact on crime? Because it’s going up everywhere that did away with it and instituted other CJS reforms. If you deny that then we have reached the end. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I ask you again, is no bail having a positive or negative impact on crime? Because it’s going up everywhere that did away with it and instituted other CJS reforms. If you deny that then we have reached the end. 

Bail doesn’t affect overall crime rates. Bail only affects those already arrested and charged. The data show that performing a risk assessment of people arrested and charged and deciding to either release or remand is equally (or more in some cases) effective at preventing crimes from those awaiting trial than making people pay bail.

32 minutes ago, dogcows said:

If somebody is a threat, remand them to custody. Period.

Fuk.  That's some alt-right Trumpian logic there.  I agree 100%, but that will never fly.  

2 hours ago, Strike said:

They're getting quite brazen. Apparently when you're looting for more than $950, you don't want video footage.

Even leftist DAs who routinely mouth empty words about an alleged willingness to prosecute violent crimes, may put down the coffee mug and get around to doing so if you pester them relentlessly. For their part, the media is good at taking offense and pestering relentlessly when it's one of their own that gets killed.

We’ve moved to locking the front doors and buzzing people in.  
Had to kick another thug (white guy) out on Wed

He came in with his pants below his ass and a big buck knife on his belt   

I should have noticed the knife before I let him in, but didn’t.  

At 57, my fighting days are waaayyy behind me.   Feeling like I need to get that German shepherd sooner rather than later.  

He’ll be back.  I’m sure of it.  And he won’t be the only one.  

My cop friend says I should buy a former bank building.  Built in security features, plus a huge vault to roll the high $ stuff into at night.    He might be right. 

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You knew it was coming.  No honor amongst thieves. 

But you’re racist if you pay more attention to these types of people when they enter your store. “Racially profiling”

San Francisco voters came to their senses and impeached their leftoid prosecutor. This likely means no more free stuff. :(

Imagine all those jobs in the fields of procurment and fencing now being at risk. :( How will they get by?

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

San Francisco voters came to their senses and impeached their leftoid prosecutor. This likely means no more free stuff. :(

Imagine all those jobs in the fields of procurment and fencing now being at risk. :( How will they get by?

Don’t tell Tim Hack and MDC. Crime isn’t really a thing in areas that defund and elect Soros funded leftist prosecutors. Tulsa has the same issues. But no recall. Hmmm. 

I was in San Francisco for a conference a couple weeks ago.  I needed toothpaste because the TSA was nice enough to confiscate mine.  I haven't traveled since Covid hit and had forgotten about the size rule for "liquids" in your carry on.  Fortunately there was a Walgreens right down the street from my hotel.  Holy crap what a sh*thole.  At least half the stuff in the store was locked up so you had to ask for it.  So the PA system was constantly asking for help on this aisle or help on that aisle. At least two employees just ran from section to section to help people get stuff that was locked up.  Then, the next day I'm walking back to my hotel from the conference and there's a guy hanging a wood plank over one of the glass doors to enter the place because someone had busted it the night before.  I needed a belt and tried stopping at a Ross to see if they had one but they had a line outside.  Apparently, they were limiting how many people could be in the store at the same time.  There were three loss prevention people at the front of the line monitoring admittance. 

• Haha 1

Eventually they will ruin it sufficiently for the Fed to have to intervene.

Liberal policies are profoundly moronic and ruinous.  SF is a gleaming example of how liberals just ruin everything. 

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

Eventually they will ruin it sufficiently for the Fed to have to intervene.

Liberal policies are profoundly moronic and ruinous.  SF is a gleaming example of how liberals just ruin everything. 

if you wanted to turn a free state into a dictatorship, you first tie the hands of the police, let lawlessness run wild, drive all the businesses away, install government stations to feed and clothe the people, then send in the army to provide peace and justice.  never remove the army.  you've now created a slave class ruled by a military dictatorship.

Another one bites the dust:

It’s sad, but San Francisco appears to have descended into a city of chaos. Many streets and parks are overrun with drugs, criminals, and homelessness, and local leadership and law enforcement enable it through inaction. One of the most beautiful and amazing cities in the world is now a place where many no longer feel safe visiting or living.

We opened a retail store a year ago on Hayes Street, the charming shopping district just blocks away from the famous Full House home. Our first week there, our windows were smashed and thousands of dollars of product was stolen. We replaced the window, and it immediately happened again (four times). We replaced with window with plywood as we waited for a month+ to get a metal security gate installed (demand for those gates is creating huge delays). As of today, we are closing the store due to rampant organized theft and lack of safety for our team. Our store is hit by organized theft rings several times per week. They brazenly enter the store and grab thousands of dollars of product and walk out. We started keeping the door locked and opening it only for customers, but even then, they’ll have a woman go to the door, and then hiding individuals rush into the store as soon as the door opens. Our team is terrified. They feel unsafe. Security guards don’t help because these theft rings know that security guards won’t/can’t stop them. It’s impossible for a retail store to operate in these circumstances, especially when cities refuse to take any action (despite us paying taxes well above any other state we operate in). The city recently announced a reduction of police presence in this neighborhood, despite mass-scale crime. 

It makes me sad that I’m now avoiding San Francisco, a city I used to love. Last time my wife and I went in 2020, a drugged up person ran up to my wife’s face and started screaming some of the most obscene things I’ve ever heard. She was terrified. During a previous trip, my rental car was broken into and everything was stolen out of our trunk. When calling the police to report the theft, they let us know this happens hundreds of times per day in the city and said it was our own fault for parking in the street. I grew up in Latin America and spent much of my adult life there, and I never felt this unsafe there. Something has to change in San Francisco.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/davismsmith_its-sad-but-san-francisco-appears-to-have-activity-6988177773722841088-Yd3Q

What do you expect? Look at our own libtards here, like Gutterpedo and Pimpadoosh.  They think nothing of people shitting in the street. Once you accept that lawlessness isn’t far behind.  They truly are the dumbest we have. 

14 hours ago, Strike said:

This is one of the worst stories yet. What a sh*thole.

I’m curious, what happens when you reach the city limits of San Francisco? Does the sh!t carry over into the surrounding areas or is it a hard stop?

For instance, you can tell immediately when you cross over the city lines going out of Baltimore. The roads are paved better, significantly less pot holes, no panhandling at stop lights, stores and restaurants you’d actually stop at. It’s amazing. 

38 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

It’s not widespread. Gutterboy’s and Hacks towns are still good. 

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

I’m curious, what happens when you reach the city limits of San Francisco? Does the sh!t carry over into the surrounding areas or is it a hard stop?

For instance, you can tell immediately when you cross over the city lines going out of Baltimore. The roads are paved better, significantly less pot holes, no panhandling at stop lights, stores and restaurants you’d actually stop at. It’s amazing. 

in los angeles, the streets are a dump up until you reach the end of the bus lines.  then it suddenly looks gorgeous.  the homeless and vagrants rely on the buses so any place with no bus service is good.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

ive said before, back in the 1930s there was a crime wave of kidnappings for ransom.  the cops did little to nothing.  so eventually the public got fed up and started hiring the mafia to hunt down and kill kidnappers.  that forced the cops to do their job.  im surprised people havent been hiring mafia to kill blm types or looters.  

17 hours ago, Strike said:

:lol: Check out this lefty response to his post, saying that maybe the business owners in the area should reach out to the bums, give them food and free stuff, and have social workers in their stores.

I don't know why I am commenting on a post with this much attention because I find it pointless, but I do have to ask something. Has Cotopaxi or the businesses around tried to create some community for the homeless and unfortunate in that area? Something to the affect of let's watch out for each other? Cotopaxi and the other businesses serving breakfasts, or dinners and being welcoming? Funding some public bathrooms right near by and offering old/unsellable product for free. Offering day jobs doing some cleaning of the street? Could you create a coalition of those who will protect your street or watch out for it because they know they are welcomed and loved there? It may draw a lot of attention, more than you can handle, but if you could start a dialogue with people, should you try? Even if they may be addicts or mentally ill? Could those people help send a message that your street is safe and criminals beware, everyone here watches out for each other? I would want to at least try that. Maybe you hire social workers to work at your store?

When you accept people shitting in public and leaving it there but make dog owners poop and scoop you’re a complete waste of life and deserve everything that comes your way.  

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I'll never go back to that shlthole again. And there's nothing to miss. So it's a win/win. 

19 hours ago, Strike said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-da-promised-restore-order-walks-out-debate-protesters-disrupt-event

San Francisco DA who promised to 'restore' order walks out of debate after protesters disrupt event

San Francisco DA Brooke Jenkins' campaign says hecklers at debate protested for over 10 minutes.