Utilit99

Bills at KC

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Ok. So, if the Bills won the toss and scored a TD, that would be fair without KC proving that they can score a TD. 

It's really dumb that they allow a coin toss to decide a game. 

How about a jump ball?

~~160~~

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I guess you didn't watch the game? the chefs couldn't stop a nose bleed in the 4th, that wasn't going to stop in overtime

Exactly. Buffalo only scored 2 more points in the 4th so I guess the Bills weren't that great either huh? So play the focking game out fair and square in OT.  

A coin flip shouldn't decide a game. 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Exactly. Buffalo only scored 2 more points in the 4th so I guess the Bills weren't that great either huh? So play the focking game out fair and square in OT.  

Why didn't they stop them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Ok. So, if the Bills won the toss and scored a TD, that would be fair without KC proving that they can score a TD. 

It's really dumb that they allow a coin toss to decide a game. 

A coin toss didn't decide the game.  The defense failed. Period end of story.

Did KC score every time they had the ball? No.  So the defense was capable of stopping them but they chocked and couldn't keep them out of the end zone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, posty said:

How about a jump ball?

~~160~~

You don't need coin tosses. You just fairly give each team possessions at the start of each half and OT. Then play the quarters out. 

Just now, Bert said:

Yep. Sad but true. 

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

You don't need coin tosses. You just fairly give each team possessions at the start of each half and OT. Then play the quarters out. 

Just now, Bert said:

Did KC score every time they had the ball? No.  So the defense was capable of stopping them but they chocked and couldn't keep them out of the end zone.

And if Buffalo won the coin toss, and they scored a TD, which was the trend in that game, that's the same thing? 

A football game is determined by all areas of the game. Not just one drive against a defensive unit. You know damn well that if the Bills won that toss, they would probably have won. 

Hence, coin toss won it for the Chiefs 

They should treat OT like another quarter. The game is continued with the ball and possession at the yard line the 4th quarter ended after trading sides.

I prefer ties and no OT during the regular season.

I'd be ok giving each team a possession, like the Chiefs proposed after their loss to the Pats in '19.  Would make for a lot more ties though with 10 minute OTs now.

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Maybe we should give both of them participation trophies then...

11 minutes ago, posty said:

Maybe we should give both of them participation trophies then...

Or better yet, maybe we can just have one team be able to play offense the whole game. That would be awesome.  

I am in favor of a rule change for overtime in the playoffs only. In the regular season, it would skew stats too much. 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Or better yet, maybe we can just have one team be able to play offense the whole game. That would be awesome.  

When I was a kid, the Hula Bowl was like this. The team losing would get the ball while losing even if they had just scored. It was weird. 

55 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

With a Championship birth on the line, on the road, time running out - you score when you can score. Blaming Allen and the offense for leaving 13 seconds is ludicrous. 

Where you do lay blame is with the coaching staff and defense... How do you not squib kick there?? And if that weren't enuff hey let's let T. Hill and Kelce go unchecked, uncovered down the field for 50 yards in 2 plays to tie it up....

The OT rules are another discussion... 13 seconds of stupidity is the topic at hand - the Bills did it to themselves, they have to own it.

I have less issue with people saying Hill should have gone down at the 1 to run time. I dont really even like that because you score when you can score but 4 chances from the 1 I think Kansas City gets it done. 

there should be no issue with Allen leaving 13 seconds. Has anyone complained about that? It was 4th down, needing at least a first and then a touchdown. That wouldn’t be on anyones mind. 

I actually thought fournette scoring on 4th and inches was tough yesterday. Rams had two timeouts and only needed a field goal. I’d have gone down at the 1 and at least make them burn one of those. Plenty of time for Brady to clock it if the Rams elected not to call timeout. 

I don’t care about what’s fair and what isn’t. I like exciting football, and when you have a great game like that I want more of it.  The ending last night was anti-climatic. Call me nuts. 

47 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Great game. But points out the flaws of the OT rules. 

That the Bills couldn't play defense?

4 minutes ago, posty said:

That the Bills couldn't play defense?

that only one team had to

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

it doesn't. Your defense decides the game by being able to keep the other team out of the end zone and getting the ball back.  

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

its not true that "only one team had to play defense", just that in this case only one team GOT to because they failed. 

27 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

its not true that "only one team had to play defense", just that in this case only one team GOT to because they failed. 

the potential is there for every overtime under the current system.

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

the potential is there for every overtime under the current system.

correct but again, under the current format, the coin toss winner only wins at a roughly 50% clip, which should be expected and should be what the NFL and fans want.. The issue is how often does the coin toss winner get the W on their opening possession. It's closer to 20% :dunno:

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

correct but again, under the current format, the coin toss winner only wins at a roughly 50% clip, which should be expected and should be what the NFL and fans want.. The issue is how often does the coin toss winner get the W on their opening possession. It's closer to 20% :dunno:

imo each offense should have an opportunity to touch the ball.

53 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

it doesn't. Your defense decides the game by being able to keep the other team out of the end zone and getting the ball back.  

Oh you're the one person alive that didn't know whoever won the coin toss was going to go right down and score?

Just now, edjr said:

Oh you're the one person alive that didn't know whoever won the coin toss was going to go right down and score?

I believed they would but I also felt there was a chance either of those defenses COULD hold to a field goal and get their own shot.

21 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

imo each offense should have an opportunity to touch the ball.

Yes. Because its more fun. What is with people making this some sort of  big deal about fair and unfair? The whole point is to be entertained. Why would you want less of that? It’s a football game, not a court case. 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

I believed they would but I also felt there was a chance either of those defenses COULD hold to a field goal and get their own shot.

Remember 2018 AFC Championship? Chefs vs Patriots? All the chefs fans bitching they didn't get the ball in OT 

it does need a change

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes. Because its more fun. What is with people making this some sort of  big deal about fair and unfair? The whole point is to be entertained. Why would you want less of that? 

For me:

1. More fair

2. more fun

Like innings in baseball, or basketball in ot

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Remember 2018 AFC Championship? Chefs vs Patriots? All the chefs fans bitching they didn't get the ball in OT 

it does need a change

and i didn't agree then. I have $ on Kansas City so i was pleased :lol: but shoe on the other foot, im not changing my mind. Im not interested in college playoffs. Only thing i'd rather see is an extra period of football. 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

and i didn't agree then. I have $ on Kansas City so i was pleased :lol: but shoe on the other foot, im not changing my mind. Im not interested in college playoffs. Only thing i'd rather see is an extra period of football. 

extra 10 minute quarter is the way to go. no sudden def

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Yes it does. If both team's strengths are the offense, then a coin flip handicaps one team. It's stupid.

Agree that the current rules place waaaaaay too much weight on a coin toss.  86-67-10 in favor of the winner of the coin toss.  That's only 53% favor to win which doesn't sound like much, but, has anyone ever deferred?  No, it's too much of an advantage.

ETA: That being said, if the Bills knew how to tackle, they win handedly in regulation.

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

ETA: That being said, if the Bills knew how to tackle, they win handedly in regulation.

This x1000.  During early part of season they couldn't tackle for sh1t, but then thankfully corrected that issue as season progressed.  Unfortunately it definitely reappeared in a major way last night. 

T White being out for Buffalo caught up to them. Also, if you didn’t want to see Allen go back out there, why do you watch sports? To see less of a great game? Let ‘em play it out. Why do the rules change because of OT? It’s a game with a clock, then all of a sudden it’s a game about possessions. It’s stupid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Yep. Coin flip goes to the Bills and the Bills win that game 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bert said:

I like the rule just fine.  If you can't keep another team out of the end zone your don't deserve to win.  Its a lot better than the silly college rule and games that can last 5 hours.

But what if both teams can't keep the other out of the end zone...but only one team has to do it in overtime?

35 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

But what if both teams can't keep the other out of the end zone...but only one team has to do it in overtime?

Some don't seem to understand this. They are blind to the truth.