Pimpadeaux

Ukraine - Doomsday

Great. Now we can spend another gazillion dollars for more support to ukraine while our border is being attacked.

Ukraine military unit destroyed

Russia said its military has destroyed a large unit in Ukraine. 

Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said Thursday that the nation's warplanes hit the eastern region's railway station in Pokrovsk when an assault brigade that would reinforce Ukraine's troops in the region was unloading there. 

He also claimed that Russian forces destroyed Ukraine’s electronic intelligence center in Dniprovske, although that could not be independently confirmed.

Konashenkov said the Russian air force has hit 28 soldiers and weapons concentrations and two ammunition depots over the past 24 hours.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said Thursday that the nation's warplanes hit the eastern region's railway station in Pokrovsk when an assault brigade that would reinforce Ukraine's troops in the region was unloading there. 

He also claimed that Russian forces destroyed Ukraine’s electronic intelligence center in Dniprovske, although that could not be independently confirmed.

Konashenkov said the Russian air force has hit 28 soldiers and weapons concentrations and two ammunition depots over the past 24 hours.

Both sides tinker with the truth, but Russia's credibility is worthless.

Seems Russia has secured much of the Donbass and is now hoping Ukraine agrees with the world's appeasers to give it up at the negotiating table.  I doubt they'll do that anytime soon.

If Ukraine didn't have free money and weapons rolling in, they'd have no choice but to negotiate. But all the support makes them think they might outlast Russia and that could be somewhat true, depending on how many more deaths and destroyed cities they can stomach.  Russia wants the war to end... it's costing them a fortune, Russian soldiers are dropping like flies, and they're being humiliated internationally.

On 5/24/2022 at 3:34 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

Russians deploy $5 million missile to take out beach toilet.

If they are so incompetent, it kind of makes you wonder why we sent the other side $40B. :dunno:

Why incentive is there for a corrupt government to work to end this while the money is still flowing into it hand over fist, unchecked? Zelensky doesn’t look too worse for wear. U2 did a concert there. It’s the hip place to be. 

As they say in the newspaper biz, this “war” in Ukraine is below the fold. 

6 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

If they are so incompetent, it kind of makes you wonder why we sent the other side $40B. :dunno:

Why don't you ask those who were part of the overwhelming Republitard support for the $40 billion aid package?

4 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Why don't you ask those who were part of the overwhelming Republitard support for the $40 billion aid package?

i think its an error for any republican voting for the $40 billion aid package.  tide is already turning against getting involved in the war. hell, im starting to think rand paul could make a viable run for president off opposing that thing.  if the human race survives that long.

42 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

i think its an error for any republican voting for the $40 billion aid package.  tide is already turning against getting involved in the war. hell, im starting to think rand paul could make a viable run for president off opposing that thing.  if the human race survives that long.

I dunno. We're keeping Ukraine free and independent, recovering credibility from the optics of the Afghanistan fiasco, depleting Russia's military, preventing Russia from threatening everyone else, and giving China something to think about when contemplating invading Taiwan.

I think Biden* is a joke, but that doesn't make him wrong about everything he does. The leadup to the war was problematic, but since then, I think his team has done a respectable job of managing the US effort. Let's Go Brandon.

That said, were it possible, I'd trade Biden* for Rand Paul in the Oval Office in a heartbeat and do cartwheels of joy.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I dunno. We're keeping Ukraine free and independent, recovering credibility from the optics of the Afghanistan fiasco, depleting Russia's military, preventing Russia from threatening everyone else, and giving China something to think about when contemplating invading Taiwan.

I think Biden* is a joke, but that doesn't make him wrong about everything he does. The leadup to the war was problematic, but since then, I think his team has done a respectable job of managing the US effort. Let's Go Brandon.

That said, were it possible, I'd trade Biden* for Rand Paul in the Oval Office in a heartbeat and do cartwheels of joy.

polling is clearly turning against our involvement in ukraine.  voters now only want to help ukraine if it doesnt hurt our own economy.  but of course the sanctions will boomerang back and hurt our economy.  so as we go on, ukraine support will grow ever more unpopular.

56 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

polling is clearly turning against our involvement in ukraine.  voters now only want to help ukraine if it doesnt hurt our own economy.  but of course the sanctions will boomerang back and hurt our economy.  so as we go on, ukraine support will grow ever more unpopular.

Kinda like trump with the people/LOSERS he's endorsed.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a JOKE-I LOVE it!

Russia now controls land in Ukraine the size of England.  They have made the ruble the currency there. They aren’t leaving. 

5 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Kinda like trump with the people/LOSERS he's endorsed.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a JOKE-I LOVE it!

TRUMP!!! :cry:

15 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Russia now controls more than 90% of Luhansk and has made significant advances in Donetsk since Russia's invasion on 24 February.

Keep cheerleading on the war. You are on the losing end. Ukrainians are dying. And you want to keep sending them US money for them to die slower. 

Former NATO general says Putin has 9-month window to win war

Ukraine has fought valiantly, but its counteroffensive has not been sustained because Ukrainian forces need time to assimilate Western military equipment, retired NATO commander Lt-Gen Konstantinos Loukopoulos said.

“Tanks and armored vehicles need an initial stage of personal training and team training. They need tactical training, including test firing and exercises, which cannot be done in a few weeks. The training cycle is at least six months, and that doesn’t change in wartime,” he said.

“After Putin’s illusions about winning the war in 96 hours, the illusions began on the Western side. For Ukraine to absorb the weapons from the West and make them operational, form the right units, and train them, it needs eight, nine months. It can’t pull active units from the front to train them,” Loukopoulos said. That is the time-frame, he believes, which Putin must win the war on the ground and reach a negotiated settlement.

“Under the present balance of forces, the general trend is in favor of the Russians. Right now nothing can change that,” he said. “After a few months, with training of reserve units, there could be a strategic counteroffensive that could throw the Russians out.”

Loukopoulos believes this could likely be done by Ukraine seizing Russian territory that it could exchange for its own territory in negotiations. “Can the Ukrainians create a fact on the ground to counter Russian gains? Right now they cannot.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/26/nato-general-putin-has-8-9-months-to-win-the-war

Interesting article.

In some areas that Russia is controlling they are giving the people there Russian passports. They aren’t leaving. 

23 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Americans will only want to support Ukraine if they are winning.  Now that it's a stalemate, we are losing interest.

4 hours ago, nobody said:

Americans will only want to support Ukraine if they are winning.  Now that it's a stalemate, we are losing interest.

it was never a stalemate.  russia was always winning from day 1.  the MSM as usual commits lies of omission and only reports news that favors ukraine to create the illusion that russia was losing.  unplug from the MSM.

I know everyone loves Russia, but Russia's plan wasn't to sacrifice a ton of time and resources toward Kiev for no reason just so they could get Donbas.  So yes this is a stalemate.

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

I know everyone loves Russia, but Russia's plan wasn't to sacrifice a ton of time and resources toward Kiev for no reason just so they could get Donbas.  So yes this is a stalemate.

It is funny how the love/hate girly libs get so emotional.  Then get played by the press. Those of us who took no side but peace, knew Putin would take more than he wanted, so he could give back something. The stalemate could have happened at the negotiation table long ago, but then the US couldn't have filtered 40B to the globalists. 

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It is funny how the love/hate girly libs get so emotional.  Then get played by the press. Those of us who took no side but peace, knew Putin would take more than he wanted, so he could give back something. The stalemate could have happened at the negotiation table long ago, but then the US couldn't have filtered 40B to the globalists. 

Your delusion.  Russia tried to take Kiev and failed.

On 5/26/2022 at 3:47 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

its gonna be a big mistake that republicans supported it.

On 5/27/2022 at 3:14 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Russia now controls land in Ukraine the size of England.  They have made the ruble the currency there. They aren’t leaving. 

the big equipment and weapons havent yet reached the Ukraine front lines in large numbers.  The tide might turn with that and more.  If Russia actually starts losing this thing, obviously they nuke, so it would be preferable to not give aid here.

But Putin has been consistent about this from day 1.  If we get involved, he is nuking.  We heard that and got involved.  We can turn the war against Russia.  We really can.  But that means he nukes.  Probably around november or december.

4 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Your delusion.  Russia tried to take Kiev and failed.

its unclear what Keiv was about.  They blitzed it, then completely pulled back. It could be they never truly intended to take Kiev and just wanted to distract the Ukraine army to make it easier to take the eastern side of the nation.

17 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

the big equipment and weapons havent yet reached the Ukraine front lines in large numbers.  The tide might turn with that and more.  If Russia actually starts losing this thing, obviously they nuke, so it would be preferable to not give aid here.

But Putin has been consistent about this from day 1.  If we get involved, he is nuking.  We heard that and got involved.  We can turn the war against Russia.  We really can.  But that means he nukes.  Probably around november or december.

Oh what a fluke

we're gonna get nuked

on this jolly holiday.

~ Weird Al "Christmas at Ground Zero"

16 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Oh what a fluke

we're gonna get nuked

on this jolly holiday.

~ Weird Al "Christmas at Ground Zero"

What do you think would happen if the US sent in troops to Ukraine? Do any of us know how Russia would respond?

I just wish biden and the rest weren't ruining our economy by sending billions over there along with all the shlt spending they are doing.. 

And another problem is that creepy joe is an utter failure at foreign affairs. This war would not have happened if Trump were in office. At least Carter was better than biden. Carter is slowly ascending in the ranks of presidents. He is only the 3rd worst now behind hussein and creepy joe. 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

What do you think would happen if the US sent in troops to Ukraine? Do any of us know how Russia would respond?

I just wish biden and the rest weren't ruining our economy by sending billions over there along with all the shlt spending they are doing.. 

And another problem is that creepy joe is an utter failure at foreign affairs. This war would not have happened if Trump were in office. At least Carter was better than biden. Carter is slowly ascending in the ranks of presidents. He is only the 3rd worst now behind hussein and creepy joe. 

First, Biden* isn't going to send in troops. He doesn't need to, the Ukrainians provide all the manpower they need.

If they did, there are some things I don't know much about.  For example counter-terrorist, occupation bullsh*t is not my war. 

But some things I do know about. Armies on a battlefield, the kind of war we'd fight against Russia, it just so happens that I do know a lot more about it than most people having personally participated in one.

I did go to war once, just after my 19th birthday, running around in a tanker unit way up on the front lines, then back a mile or so, as I was in 3rd shop maintenance support for the tankers. In 1991, we'd spent a good month way up on the front lines, waiting and shifting position every 3-4 days, as air units pounding Saddam. They were already beat up pretty good before out tanks rolled through and cleaned up everything that was left.

For maintenance support, it was like sitting in the very last compartment on a train ride at the zoo. My battalion was combat support for the tankers- we were in long convoy snaking through the desert. They stuck maintenance section on the very tail end of the snaking convoy such that if any other vehicle broke down along the way, they would eventually have us come across them. Sitting in the truck, you have no idea where you're going, you just follow the vehicle in front of you whose following the vehicle in front of him, whose following another hundred plus trucks or so, none but the first and last one knowing where to go. As you go, like I said, it's like a tour train at the zoo. You look left and you look right out the window and and you see all the damage and blown up fortifications and wrecked vehicles that still smoking. You see a few bodies. What you don't do is get out to go look at or interact with all the cool wreckage. You just drive trough and admire it. "Better them than us," you marvel at the wreckage, chatting with the guy sitting next tp you while you follow the vehicle in front of you.

Anyway, the Russian Army has been exposed as pathetic and easily scrapped. With proper equipment, it'd be just as easily destroyed as Iraq's was. The basic outline would be the same: Pound their ass through the air for a month then wreck everything that's left on the ground in a couple of days. No problem.

It’s amazing how many people still fall for the propaganda. Ukraine is not kicking ass. They are just doing better than expected, but the cracks are beginning to show. Desertions, casualties mounting up, supplies (food) in short  supply. Russia is digging in. That’s a whole different situation than repelling an invading force. Now you have to go to them.   Get to the table and accept your losses Ukraine. You can fight this war for everyone else or look after your own people. And that reality will soon be heard from the Ukrainian people.  

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Anyway, the Russian Army has been exposed as pathetic and easily scrapped. With proper equipment, it'd be just as easily destroyed as Iraq's was. The basic outline would be the same: Pound their ass through the air for a month then wreck everything that's left on the ground in a couple of days. No problem.

uh no, russia nukes the US.  Saddam couldnt do that.  Or as I put it, Russia is either going to win or they are going to win.  There is no losing scenario for them.

I mean, in a way, the Iraq Invasion helped established the current "win or nuke" policy of Russia.  Putin KNOWS he cannot win a conventional war vs the US.  So its pointless to pour money into a modern military.  If the US intervenes, you start nuking New York, Los Angeles, etc. "win or nuke" is modern 21st century warfare.

8 hours ago, Voltaire said:

First, Biden* isn't going to send in troops. He doesn't need to, the Ukrainians provide all the manpower they need.

If they did, there are some things I don't know much about.  For example counter-terrorist, occupation bullsh*t is not my war. 

But some things I do know about. Armies on a battlefield, the kind of war we'd fight against Russia, it just so happens that I do know a lot more about it than most people having personally participated in one.

I did go to war once, just after my 19th birthday, running around in a tanker unit way up on the front lines, then back a mile or so, as I was in 3rd shop maintenance support for the tankers. In 1991, we'd spent a good month way up on the front lines, waiting and shifting position every 3-4 days, as air units pounding Saddam. They were already beat up pretty good before out tanks rolled through and cleaned up everything that was left.

For maintenance support, it was like sitting in the very last compartment on a train ride at the zoo. My battalion was combat support for the tankers- we were in long convoy snaking through the desert. They stuck maintenance section on the very tail end of the snaking convoy such that if any other vehicle broke down along the way, they would eventually have us come across them. Sitting in the truck, you have no idea where you're going, you just follow the vehicle in front of you whose following the vehicle in front of him, whose following another hundred plus trucks or so, none but the first and last one knowing where to go. As you go, like I said, it's like a tour train at the zoo. You look left and you look right out the window and and you see all the damage and blown up fortifications and wrecked vehicles that still smoking. You see a few bodies. What you don't do is get out to go look at or interact with all the cool wreckage. You just drive trough and admire it. "Better them than us," you marvel at the wreckage, chatting with the guy sitting next tp you while you follow the vehicle in front of you.

Great post! 

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s amazing how many people still fall for the propaganda. Ukraine is not kicking ass. They are just doing better than expected, but the cracks are beginning to show. Desertions, casualties mounting up, supplies (food) in short  supply. Russia is digging in. That’s a whole different situation than repelling an invading force. Now you have to go to them.   Get to the table and accept your losses Ukraine. You can fight this war for everyone else or look after your own people. And that reality will soon be heard from the Ukrainian people.  

We are in month 3 of a war that was supposed to last 3 days. Russia has changed the objective from the entire country to the Donbaas. That's a win for Ukraine. It remains to be seen if Russia will again look to Kiev and the rest of Ukraine once they capture the Donbaas, but it has already proven to be much more difficult than everyone thought. 

So is Ukraine kicking ass? They've lost territory and are slowly losing more. But they have far outperformed expectations and have forced Russia to scale back their initial goals of the war. In the end, the result of the invasion looks to be a lose-lose 

2 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

We are in month 3 of a war that was supposed to last 3 days. Russia has changed the objective from the entire country to the Donbaas. That's a win for Ukraine. It remains to be seen if Russia will again look to Kiev and the rest of Ukraine once they capture the Donbaas, but it has already proven to be much more difficult than everyone thought. 

So is Ukraine kicking ass? They've lost territory and are slowly losing more. But they have far outperformed expectations and have forced Russia to scale back their initial goals of the war. In the end, the result of the invasion looks to be a lose-lose 

I said they are doing better than expected. And yes, it’s lose-lose.  But Ukraine will lose more. Unless Putin gets whacked, they aren’t leaving. Let’s hope he does. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I said they are doing better than expected. And yes, it’s lose-lose.  But Ukraine will lose more. Unless Putin gets whacked, they aren’t leaving. Let’s hope he does. 

I agree. Putin will not leave until he has some kind of victory to claim and he will reduce the entire country to rubble if he has to because he's a lunatic.

I also understand people that say you need to eventually make a stand against a tyrant. Hitler comparisons are always tiresome, but the allies regretted appeasing his early advances because he never stopped. Putin has already shown that he will keep going for more.

So OK. Give him the Donbaas. Does he stop there or are we in the same spot a few years down the road just with a different territory? I have no idea, maybe this Ukraine experience will give him pause. Or maybe it will trigger a true house cleaning of corruption in Russia and modernization of their military prior to their next "denazification".

36 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

We are in month 3 of a war that was supposed to last 3 days. Russia has changed the objective from the entire country to the Donbaas.

that is not known. unless you were sitting in on meetings with putin, you cant know the objectives.

the analysis ive heard is that russia believes the outcome of this war will be taking close to half of ukraine including odessa and that southern region, while ukraine thinks they will be able to push russia back from even its current position.  both sides are way too far apart in terms of new borders to reach a peace treaty to end the war at this time, so fighting continues.  i cant say that analysis is correct, just tossing it out there.

on one hand, ukraine may be waiting for a steady supply stream of advanced US weaponry to be set up later this year to push russia back.  on the other hand, ive heard ukraine morale is crumbling and might totally fall apart before that happens.

ive heard russia is sticking to primarily artillery shellings instead of using heavy bombers because the artillery is proving to be very effective so theres no need to risk their bombers at all which could get shot down, but this also makes progress slower.

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

that is not known. unless you were sitting in on meetings with putin, you cant know the objectives.

They have absolutely shifted their objective by abandoning Kyiv for Donbaas. You dont need to be in meetings with Putin to see that. It's well known. 

As I said, once they take the Donbaas, it remains to be seen if they refocus their objectives on the rest of the country or take the "W" and go home. Either way, no this is absolutely not going according to plan.

2 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

They have absolutely shifted their objective by abandoning Kyiv for Donbaas. You dont need to be in meetings with Putin to see that. It's well known. 

no it is not.  some say putin wanted to capture kiev.  others say that was a decoy to help russia take its true objective, the eastern ukraine region.  no-one really knows what the objective is.  remember, there is always disinformation flying about during wartime.  people will confidently assert this or that but you just never know for sure.

also keep in mind commanders make a lot of strategic blunders in war.  so arguing that the goal was x because that would be the most efficient or effective thing is nonsense.