Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Failure of the public education system

Nothing is without imperfection.

Certainly the school system could be better.

It is not exclusively the fault of the education "system".  It is mostly the fault of the parents, if you see a low-quality adult, they likely had low quality parents. 

It honestly, is just that simple. 

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Nothing is without imperfection.

Certainly the school system could be better.

It is not exclusively the fault of the education "system".  It is mostly the fault of the parents, if you see a low-quality adult, they likely had low quality parents. 

It honestly, is just that simple. 

My wife teaches at a public school and it's almost 100% on the parents.  Pretty much every terrible student comes from a terrible household.  The parents are either trash or nonexistent.  Every time my wife comes home talking about a student that they have issues with I will ask about the parents, it never fails that the parents suck.

Are the parents that go to board of Ed meetings and speak out the good parents or the bad parents ? 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Are the parents that go to board of Ed meetings and speak out the good parents or the bad parents ? 

The crappy parents are usually not that involved in the school or their children's lives.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The crappy parents are usually not that involved in the school or their children's lives.

Oh. Then why is there such an effort to silence and dismiss the good parents ? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh. Then why is there such an effort to silence and dismiss the good parents ? 

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.

I bet you aren’t. 

Plenty of good parents show up at school board meetings. The crazy ones that have been showing up in the past 12-15 months are not "good" parents. They are good soldiers to the war the right wants to wage. There is a difference. 

50 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My wife teaches at a public school and it's almost 100% on the parents.  

I would have agreed with this a few years ago, not sure how anyone could still have this opinion. Way too many of these freaks are exposing themselves on social media. 

Bad parents are tough to overcome but, no way you can give teachers a free pass right now. You just can't.

That's not even discussing how poorly the teachers handled Covid and the absurdity of that.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So elaborate then.

Nah. It was all in the news. I guess you missed it. N/p. It s the bad parents that are a huge issue, I agree. But who gets to decide who’s good and bad? If you don’t want your kid to wear a mask all day we know those parents are bad. And if you want to know if your kid is changing their pronouns at school we know those parents are bad. If you don’t want your kid being taught beginners  CRT then we know those parents are really bad. And if you don’t want your kids being taught sex and gender issues in elementary school those parents should have their kids put in a foster home. Yup, the bad parents are the problem.  

• Thanks 2

Any pushback on the leftist curriculum can be dismissed as right wing sheep doing their masters bidding. Got it. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nah. It was all in the news. I guess you missed it. N/p. It s the bad parents that are a huge issue, I agree. But who gets to decide who’s good and bad? If you don’t want your kid to wear a mask all day we know those parents are bad. And if you want to know if your kid is changing their pronouns at school we know those parents are bad. If you don’t want your kid being taught beginners  CRT then we know those parents are really bad. And if you don’t want your kids being taught sex and gender issues in elementary school those parents should have their kids put in a foster home. Yup, the bad parents are the problem.  

I don't think you understood the bad parents I was talking about.  I was referring to the parents that are alcoholics, drug users, in jail, abusive, separated/divorced or are no longer present.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Any pushback on the leftist curriculum can be dismissed as right wing sheep doing their masters bidding. Got it. 

You have this dumb habit of taking an opposing position and trying to make it an absolute. Must make you feel better. 

15 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I think they just sort of changed it after the Wayans Brothers left. I either read it in one of those oral history things or heard it in one of the comedy podcasts I listen to. To me it is one of those things that I don't understand because the only people who read the scripts are the writers, actors, and executives. I don't remember the name ever being displayed anywhere. They just felt it was funnier to be spelled that way. :dunno:

The band Living Colour (Cult of Personality) spelled it with the "u"

Knew it was something!  :cheers:

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think you understood the bad parents I was talking about.  I was referring to the parents that are alcoholics, drug users, in jail, abusive, separated/divorced or are no longer present.

Oh you meant the run of the mill bad parents, not the really bad parents that the Biden admin had the DOJ threaten. 

Just now, Fireballer said:

Oh you meant the run of the mill bad parents, not the really bad parents that the Biden admin had the DOJ threaten. 

Hawkeye missed that. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hawkeye missed that. 

I think you missed what I was talking about.

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not a new thing. But they aren’t the ones showing up to speak up in disagreement with what’s going on. The concerned parents are, but they are just right wing culture warriors. So the curriculum shouldn’t be argued by such people. They have an agenda. The school board doesn’t. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not a new thing. But they aren’t the ones showing up to speak up in disagreement with what’s going on. The concerned parents are, but they are just right wing culture warriors. 

I was responding to RLLD about how bad parents raise bad kids.  Not sure why you went off in this direction.

40 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Plenty of good parents show up at school board meetings. The crazy ones that have been showing up in the past 12-15 months are not "good" parents. They are good soldiers to the war the right wants to wage. There is a difference. 

I don’t know why a parents political affiliation would be a reason to be dismissive of their concerns. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You will find that they are the good parents, they know damn right well that topics such as CRT or the vilification of people based on color is wrong, and they are right to point that out. 

The parents who "show up" to decry when their kids are held accountable for their actions, as if their kid is being unfairly punished....are bad. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

You will find that they are the good parents, they know damn right well that topics such as CRT or the vilification of people based on color is wrong, and they are right to point that out. 

The parents who "show up" to decry when their kids are held accountable for their actions, as if their kid is being unfairly punished....are bad. 

The latter is nothing new. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know why a parents political affiliation would be a reason to be dismissive of their concerns. 

When they wear it on their sleeve it is fair to be dismissive of it.

TBF- there are parents I'd object to that show up for other reasons that I would venture a guess are liberal. 

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

When they wear it on their sleeve it is fair to be dismissive of it.

TBF- there are parents I'd object to that show up for other reasons that I would venture a guess are liberal. 

No, it’s not. 

51 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No, it’s not. 

You're posting here would indicate you think it is just fine. 

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

You're posting here would indicate you think it is just fine. 

No. You keep your personal views out of it. It’s called being a professional 

Thankfully there is someone like Chris Rufo bringing attention to the widespread sickness that has infected our schools. Otherwise parents might be in the dark and not on the lookout for this garbage and the grooming. Especially the grooming 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

published August 10, 2022 7:00am EDT

AFT union promotes method for teachers to help kids change their pronouns without parents knowing

https://www.foxnews.com/media/aft-promotes-method-teachers-help-kids-change-pronouns-without-parents-knowing

Is it widespread yet? This also seems like it would be an effective pre-text for a groomer. 

15 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

published August 10, 2022 7:00am EDT

AFT union promotes method for teachers to help kids change their pronouns without parents knowing

https://www.foxnews.com/media/aft-promotes-method-teachers-help-kids-change-pronouns-without-parents-knowing

Every liberal in the US with Miracle Max's voice in their head repeating: "I'm not listening. I can't hear you. I can't read that. It's not happening."

2 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Is there anywhere else this would be accepted? Teachers union dues are worth it. For the teachers. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is there anywhere else this would be accepted? Teachers union dues are worth it. For the teachers. 

Dunno.  How do you solve it?  Mandatory public education has to be provided.  Combine schools...then bussing and transport issues..

19 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This is progress. 

Literal racism, cool.

22 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Is this a shock to anyone?

That thing that’s not happening happened again. 

• Haha 1