Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Failure of the public education system

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

If you  entrust your child’s education solely to teachers then you get what you deserve

my child’s education is augmented by the public school system

The success of my child is my responsibility not the governments or the schools and I do not trust teachers to execute that on their own

I don’t trust the school system to educate.   I don’t need for my grandson to think he might be a girl.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Wow:

Only 6.2% of their enrollment is African American?  That seems low.

31 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Wow:

More funding is needed.  

But they changed the names of the schools!?!?   How can this be happening?  

The failure of the public education system is evident by the fact that corporations have to import people from other countries to work for them. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The failure of the public education system is evident by the fact that corporations have to import people from other countries to work for them. 

Not cops though.  Our failed education system can really pump out cops.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Masshole said:

Wow:

When an Asian teenager looks like in his pants, he realizes education is his only chance at life. 

Does chronically absent mean they are high and skip school? Like that's not even a fair statistic. 

7 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

At least 181 K-12 educators charged with child sex crimes in first half of 2022

140 of the arrests, or 77%, involved alleged sex crimes against students

https://www.foxnews.com/us/181-k-12-educators-charged-child-sex-crimes-2022

It’s not widespread. Don’t worry about it. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

While it's a terrible thing and I think 181 is far too many, I don't know if I would consider it widespread.  There are over 3 million teachers in the US.

41 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Orrrrr....TRUMP!!!!

I mean, what ever backpedaling excuse comes to mind....

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Word, they'll let us know when to start worrying.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

While it's a terrible thing and I think 181 is far too many, I don't know if I would consider it widespread.  There are over 3 million teachers in the US.

yah, THATS what every well-adjusted person is going to think about first - how does it compare to other years, not getting pedos out of the classroom.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

yah, THATS what every well-adjusted person is going to think about first - how does it compare to other years, not getting pedos out of the classroom.

That's why I said it's far too many.  

A handful of blacks get killed every year under questionable circumstance and we have riots. Half a year and we have this many that are caught, never mind the hundreds that get away with it, and nothing. Which one is more widespread? 

181 in the first half. That’s a lot of grooming that went on. But don’t say it. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

181 in the first half. That’s a lot of grooming that went on. But don’t say it. 

You're right, it is a lot.  I'm curious how it compares to other years as well.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're right, it is a lot.  I'm curious how it compares to other years as well.

Why? If it's more or less is there some kind of win to be had here? Who gives a shlt, one is too many.

Just now, Reality said:

Why? If it's more or less is there some kind of win to be had here? Who gives a shlt, one is too many.

As long as it’s happening to someone else’s kid Hawkeye is ok with it. It would be a serious issue if it were to happen in his school. Or to his kid. Otherwise, what’s the stats? 

1 minute ago, Reality said:

If it's trending down then that's obviously good and if it's trending up that's bad.  I was just curious.  Regardless, it's too high now.  Is there an issue with what I said?

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

As long as it’s happening to someone else’s kid Hawkeye is ok with it. It would be a serious issue if it were to happen in his school. Or to his kid. Otherwise, what’s the stats? 

Jesus.  What is wrong with you?  Do you even think before you type?

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Jesus.  What is wrong with you?  Do you even think before you type?

You’re the one that was interested in the stats. As if the stats could ever tell the story with this type of situation.  But that’s a different discussion. Your concern is if it’s widespread or not, obviously.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re the one that was interested in the stats. As if the stats could ever tell the story with this type of situation.  But that’s a different discussion. Your concern is if it’s widespread or not, obviously.  

Why do you try to twist things around so much to make them sound so bad?  You are one of, if not the most, negative people I've seen post here.

On 7/19/2022 at 8:59 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

Only 6.2% of their enrollment is African American?  That seems low.

Yeah, based on those numbers, there's almost 17% unaccounted for.  Hard to believe there are more "Other" than White.

On 7/19/2022 at 8:36 AM, Masshole said:

Wow:

On 7/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

More funding is needed.  

Hispanics, who are less ready for kindergarten than blacks... tells me that it's because of the English/Spanish language issue.  Oddly, that seems to correct itself where there are more Hispanics ready for HS and College, than black kids.  It's weird that this happens without the extra funding.  It's almost as if the parents and kids are taking the initiative to make sure they're more successful in life.  I guess that's what systemic racism is... it's when every other race takes responsibility for themselves, there's no one left to do things for black people.

23 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Well, there are over 800k cops in the country, but apparently when 10 of them do something wrong, there's a national outcry of racism and a call for national change.  Based on that ratio, you'd think that for 181 out of 3M, we'd be in crisis mode.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, there are over 800k cops in the country, but apparently when 10 of them do something wrong, there's a national outcry of racism and a call for national change.  Based on that ratio, you'd think that for 181 out of 3M, we'd be in crisis mode.

So you agree with me?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

So you agree with me?

I think everyone here is.  Well, except liberals.  This isn't wide spread to them.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If it's trending down then that's obviously good and if it's trending up that's bad.  I was just curious.  Regardless, it's too high now.  Is there an issue with what I said?

According to this, I think the issue is more wide spread than we know.  The article says: "The Department of Education last released a report on the topic in 2004, which claimed that nearly 9.6% of students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career."  The report from that quote is the link I provided.  I think it's rather telling that almost 10% of all students had some sort of sexual conduct aimed at them from teachers, and this is the last report ever, on it.  Also, the article notes that the number they came up with is solely from a manual search online of reports/arrests that were filed.  Obviously, not all of them are going to be filed or even released.  Let's think about that for a second... 10% of all students, during their 13 years in school, had an educator make sexual contact with them.  According to this, in the 2004-2005 school year, there were 48.8M public school students in the US... 9.6% of that is 4.68M.  That's just public school.  That's not counting private or any other types.  If we take that 4.68M and divide it by 13, we're looking at an average of 360k PER year!   Let's even go as far to say that 95% of them are lying!  You're still talking about 18k kids every year.  Even if we assume that 99% are lying, we're still looking at 3600 public school kids... again, not counting any other school, meaning, the number would be over 4k.  If there are over 4k kids being sexually contacted every year by an educator... would you call that a "wide spread problem"?

I'll even give them more of a benefit of the doubt and say that 99.9% are lying... meaning that only 0.0096% are telling the truth, you're looking at 360 per year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

According to this, I think the issue is more wide spread than we know.  The article says: "The Department of Education last released a report on the topic in 2004, which claimed that nearly 9.6% of students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career."  The report from that quote is the link I provided.  I think it's rather telling that almost 10% of all students had some sort of sexual conduct aimed at them from teachers, and this is the last report ever, on it.  Also, the article notes that the number they came up with is solely from a manual search online of reports/arrests that were filed.  Obviously, not all of them are going to be filed or even released.  Let's think about that for a second... 10% of all students, during their 13 years in school, had an educator make sexual contact with them.  According to this, in the 2004-2005 school year, there were 48.8M public school students in the US... 9.6% of that is 4.68M.  That's just public school.  That's not counting private or any other types.  If we take that 4.68M and divide it by 13, we're looking at an average of 360k PER year!   Let's even go as far to say that 95% of them are lying!  You're still talking about 18k kids every year.  Even if we assume that 99% are lying, we're still looking at 3600 public school kids... again, not counting any other school, meaning, the number would be over 4k.  If there are over 4k kids being sexually contacted every year by an educator... would you call that a "wide spread problem"?

I'll even give them more of a benefit of the doubt and say that 99.9% are lying... meaning that only 0.0096% are telling the truth, you're looking at 360 per year.

I always thought it would be really tough for student teachers and new teachers right out of college.  The age gap is not that big but it's at a time when the young teachers are suppose to be responsible adults.  I remember all of the male students flirting with the younger, attractive teachers.  There were a few that we still talk about.  It doesn't make it right but I find it easier to understand when a teacher in their mid 20's sexually engages with a student who is 17 or 18.

It's the sexual conduct that involves the younger students that is truly disgusting.  With there being such a demand for teachers it wouldn't surprise me to see more instances of misconduct than ever before.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I always thought it would be really tough for student teachers and new teachers right out of college.  The age gap is not that big but it's at a time when the young teachers are suppose to be responsible adults.  I remember all of the male students flirting with the younger, attractive teachers.  There were a few that we still talk about.  It doesn't make it right but I find it easier to understand when a teacher in their mid 20's sexually engages with a student who is 17 or 18.

It's the sexual conduct that involves the younger students that is truly disgusting.  With there being such a demand for teachers it wouldn't surprise me to see more instances of misconduct than ever before.

I didn’t think it was possible but you pulled it off. Fockin creep. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I didn’t think it was possible but you pulled it off. Fockin creep. 

What?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What?

“Easier to understand”? You’re a creep. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

“Easier to understand”? You’re a creep. 

What's hard to understand about there being an attraction between a 24 year old and an 18 year old?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What's hard to understand about there being an attraction between a 24 year old and an 18 year old?

You said easier. And why are you looking to “understand” it? How about no? Would you be looking to understand it if it were a priest? Creep.