Utilit99

DeShaun Watson cleared of all charges by grand jury -Now settles 20 cases..

29 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Your last paragraph may be true, but most people won't settle sexual assault lawsuits if they didn't do anything wrong.

My thinking is that you're correct, but I bet it happens more often than you or I think.  Sometimes it's just easier to give them the money and not deal with the outfall of a trial or whatever.  One example I can give you on this is Jameis Winston and Erica Kinsman.  At first, I thought he raped her... until all the info starting coming out.  My end opinion was that she was a gold digger who had sex with a black guy and when daddy found out, she yelled rape.  Eventually, Winston just paid her off to go away.

30 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I will say, today I learned that there's one lawyer who represents all 24 broads. Yeah, nothing shady about that...

That's basically what class action lawsuits are.  Happens all the time.  Honestly, this makes sense.  A woman goes to an attorney and says something happened.  He then looks into it and finds another one or two more people who say the same thing.  At that, he starts investigating looking for more occurrences and/or, other people hear about the investigation or lawsuit and contact the lawyer and say "this happened to me too".

I would think that it would be much more difficult for the girls to have their own lawyers than all of them to have the same one.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's basically what class action lawsuits are.  Happens all the time.  Honestly, this makes sense.  A woman goes to an attorney and says something happened.  He then looks into it and finds another one or two more people who say the same thing.  At that, he starts investigating looking for more occurrences and/or, other people hear about the investigation or lawsuit and contact the lawyer and say "this happened to me too".

I would think that it would be much more difficult for the girls to have their own lawyers than all of them to have the same one.

was this class action? I tend to not think so. But I really don't know.

10 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

What did they do? Not one of them mentioned they were being restrained from leaving. 

And If you think no one ever settles anything to get rid of having to deal with something that is way more taxing on their life, than simply giving up a pittance of what they are worth, I would think you are kidding yourself. The big deal for Watson in all of this was he wasn't convicted of a crime.

Everybody was surprised at how much the Browns are paying Watson in that contract. I would not be surprised in the least if the Browns told him they would give that massive amount of money if he use part of it to pay the nuisance fees. It's 100% in the Browns interest for that to disappear and not have Watson fighting this in court all of next year. Those civil trials were not scheduled to even start until February of next year.   

Not to mention the legal fees of successfully trying 24 cases. That would be well into 7 figures.

14 hours ago, wiffleball said:

No, it wasn't class action.  I was just saying that it's kind of like one.  When you have an attorney looking for damages against a person or group (or whatever), and you have a gripe with that same party, it just makes sense to jump on that train.  Imagine if all 24 of these girls went on their own and a judge had to listen to demands from 24 different lawyers with the same complaint?  I'm guessing that even the judge would tell them to file a joint motion.

On 6/21/2022 at 5:57 PM, wiffleball said:

Do you have to have class for that?

There must be a whole slew of places in Vegas to get a decent "massage" 

24 chicks come forward but not one has evidence. Not even a little bruise. Jeez. All of them could have simply walked away and called the cops about indecent exposure. But none of them did.

5 hours ago, craftsman said:

That Utilit guy really did a number on you libs. Serious damage.

How would I know if Watson violated the NFLs personal conduct rule? I don't know what the rule is, and I don't know what Watson did.

What did Watson do?

I think the liberals cheated in the 2020 election though.

Weird, "that Utilit guy" made a lot of similar comments...

On 3/12/2022 at 2:17 PM, Utilit99 said:

What did he do wrong? Got falsely accused of something?

On 6/1/2022 at 4:16 PM, Utilit99 said:

Why. What did he do? 

On 6/5/2022 at 12:09 AM, Utilit99 said:

What did he do? 

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Weird, "that Utilit guy" made a lot of similar comments...

He said he didn't know what Watson did? Sounds reasonable to me.

Why don't you fill in the blanks about what he did? I already admitted that I don't know. Lend a hand here and fill the group in as it doesn't seem any courts can figure it out. 

Unless you are just here to name call. If that's the case, why do you bother? Are you hurt by anonymous people on the internet? 

13 minutes ago, craftsman said:

He said he didn't know what Watson did? Sounds reasonable to me.

Why don't you fill in the blanks about what he did? I already admitted that I don't know. Lend a hand here and fill the group in as it doesn't seem any courts can figure it out. 

Unless you are just here to name call. If that's the case, why do you bother? Are you hurt by anonymous people on the internet? 

What name did I just call you other than your old username?

Just now, TimHauck said:

What name did I just call you other than your old username?

Not my user name but he sure got in your head big time.

You always avoid my questions though. I wonder why that is?  

17 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Not my user name but he sure got in your head big time.

You always avoid my questions though. I wonder why that is?  

He pressured multiple women into having sexual contact with him who thought they were there to give a massage.   It may have technically been consensual and if it wasn't it's impossible to legally get proof because no one is accusing him of being violent, but it's clearly not professional.

57 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

He pressured multiple women into having sexual contact with him who thought they were there to give a massage.   It may have technically been consensual and if it wasn't it's impossible to legally get proof because no one is accusing him of being violent, but it's clearly not professional.

I'm not sure how you can confirm he pressured women into sexual contact.

I imagine you would have given proof by now.

All signs point to liberals cheating in the 2020 elections.

33 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I'm not sure how you can confirm he pressured women into sexual contact.

I imagine you would have given proof by now.

All signs point to liberals cheating in the 2020 elections.

Unfortunately all we have (and probably all we legally can have, as the only real proof they could have gotten would be a recording that is likely inadmissible) is the word of the women.

Wtf does the 2020 election have to do with Deshaun Watson?

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Unfortunately all we have (and probably all we legally can have, as the only real proof they could have gotten would be a recording that is likely inadmissible) is the word of the women.

Wtf does the 2020 election have to do with Deshaun Watson?

Well, the 2020 election was 100% proven that it was rigged. Liberals all deny it.

7 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Well, the 2020 election was 100% proven that it was rigged.

Link?

20 minutes ago, craftsman said:

No proof means guilty just like Watson.

You’re not making any sense, per usual

Just now, TimHauck said:

You’re not making any sense, per usual

You said Watson is guilty. No proof.

2 hours ago, craftsman said:

You said Watson is guilty. No proof.

Don't ask me, ask Judge Robinson (bolding mine):

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22124209-deshaun-watson-suspension-ruling

Finally, I find that the NFL has produced sufficient circumstantial evidence to prove the last prong of the test, that Mr. Watson knew such sexualized contact was unwanted. Of course, there is no indication on the record that even experienced therapists “want” such contact, and Mr. Watson certainly did not seek out the most experienced therapists. Moreover, there is credible evidence that one of the therapists expressed her discomfort of the unwanted contact to Mr. Watson during the sessions, and another of the therapists ended the session early. Given that none of these therapists accepted Mr. Watson’s invitations to engage in further therapy sessions, I find the evidence sufficient to demonstrate that Mr. Watson knew, or should have known, that any contact between his and these therapists was unwanted.

I, therefore, find that the NFL has carried its burden to prove, by a preponderance of the evidence, that Mr. Watson engaged in sexual assault (as defined by the NFL) against the four therapists identified in the Report. Mr. Watson violated the Policy in this regard.

Based on the NFL’s broad interpretation of this prohibited conduct as reflected in the evidence it chose to present, I find that the NFL has carried its burden to prove, by a preponderance of the evidence, that Mr. Watson’s conduct posed a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person.

Regardless of my findings, it is apparent that Mr. Watson acted with a reckless disregard for the consequences of his actions by exposing himself (and the NFL) to such public scrutiny and speculation. Mr. Watson’s predatory conduct cast “a negative light on the League and its players,”39 sufficient proof that he violated this provision of the Policy.

14 minutes ago, craftsman said:

League conduct policy. Nothing criminal. And it's all subjective and put in place by a business. Not the legal system.

That chick is an arbitor for company policy.

She's still a (retired) judge. And she thinks Watson "made unwanted sexual contact."  Which were pretty much my exact words to your question of "what did he do," I just said "pressured" instead of "unwanted" (and that was before I had read her ruling). 

Edit: Honestly I think "pressured" is a better word because pressured isn't necessarily criminal.  Unwanted would be if they could prove it, unfortunately they probably can't.

55 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

She's still a (retired) judge. And she thinks Watson "made unwanted sexual contact."  Which were pretty much my exact words to your question of "what did he do," I just said "pressured" instead of "unwanted" (and that was before I had read her ruling). 

Edit: Honestly I think "pressured" is a better word because pressured isn't necessarily criminal.  Unwanted would be if they could prove it, unfortunately they probably can't.

She has no proof. And a not retired judge said the same that there is no proof. I'll go with the active judge.

The retired judge was more focused on company policy than criminal wrong doing.

And Biden cheated in the 2020 election.

not sure what the punishment should be, but I think last yr 17 games should count cuz he sat out, but had he tried to play, he would not have been allowed by the NFL  - to me that is suspended

6 minutes ago, craftsman said:

She has no proof. And a not retired judge said the same that there is no proof. I'll go with the active judge.

What do you think Watson did?

On 8/2/2022 at 1:31 AM, craftsman said:

Biden did not cheat. He was in the basement minding his own business.  

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

At least Watson is making preseason interesting. 

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

At least Watson is making preseason interesting. 

At least Let's go Brandon clever and funny.  

These guys are just being uneducated and crass. I'm sure the parents who brought their kids to the game were pleased.

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

At least Let's go Brandon clever and funny.  

These guys are just being uneducated and crass. I'm sure the parents who brought their kids to the game were pleased.

Lol what an idiot.  You do realize how “Let’s go Brandon” started, right? Right?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Lol what an idiot.  You do realize how “Let’s go Brandon” started, right? Right?

32 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah. That's the funny part TimMooney. How did that go over your head?