Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

SO, say America is serious about going to electric vehicles...

Which country without googling it do you think produces the most batteries for electric vehicles?  By far.  

And what resources do you think it takes to produce a battery for an electric vehicle?

And, globally, where do you think those resources are located?

1) Chiner

2) Minerals

3) Africa

Sometimes California passes a crazy law banning something or other.  They do it to big fanfare to win voter support.  But sometimes the law sucks and the liberals running this state will very quietly rollback the law or greatly modify it.  I think a rollback of the law is what's likely to happen (in some form).

13 hours ago, 5-Points said:

1) Chiner

2) Minerals

3) Africa

1) China

2) "rare Earth" minerals

3) China

:dunno:

1 minute ago, frank said:

America is serious about going to electric vehicles...

It's a completely different kind of flying altogether...  :huh:

Wont work as a mass production until they can charge them as fast as it takes to fill up a tank of gas. There is a place for them in limited use. That's it.

There are so many reason. Apartment complexes. What are they gonna do? Well lets look at the yahoo top 5 answers. Get ready to 😆

1. Install an EV Charging Point.
2. Find a Charging Station Near You.
3. Look for an Apartment with EV Charging.
4. Charge While You're at Work.
5. Use a Heavy-Duty Extension Cord from Your Unit to the Car.
- my favorite, imagine everyone stretching an electric cable across the lawn to their cars.

What will happen if there are not charging stations for each apartment? 1st fights, then shootings. GUARANTEED.

Look at a gas station and watch how many vehicles go thru in 1 hour. Then imagine all those being electric. Sorry it doesn't add up. You don't have enough room to handle electric vehicles in any station.

We have 4 charging station out in the parking lot. Comical watching these bozos sit in their car with the AC running while they wait for it to charge and that is with a few electric cars. What happens when there are more cars than charging spots? They wait even longer.

7 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Wont work as a mass production until they can charge them as fast as it takes to fill up a tank of gas. There is a place for them in limited use. That's it.

There are so many reason. Apartment complexes. What are they gonna do? Well lets look at the yahoo top 5 answers. Get ready to 😆

- my favorite, imagine everyone stretching an electric cable across the lawn to their cars.

What will happen if there are not charging stations for each apartment? 1st fights, then shootings. GUARANTEED.

Look at a gas station and watch how many vehicles go thru in 1 hour. Then imagine all those being electric. Sorry it doesn't add up. You don't have enough room to handle electric vehicles in any station.

We have 4 charging station out in the parking lot. Comical watching these bozos sit in their car with the AC running while they wait for it to charge and that is with a few electric cars. What happens when there are more cars than charging spots? They wait even longer.

Sounds racist to me. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sounds racist to me. 

Wrong. Sounds like someone doesn't want their 4 year old to learn about their sexual preference. Bigots

China

laughably, Biden was all about EVs and most EV stocks are in the tank over the last year. 

5 hours ago, lod001 said:

The fact that anyone actually thinks we could go full on electric with our vehicles is laughable. I won't take anyone serious who thinks this is an actual solution at this time in history. If someone wants to buy one of those cars, go for it. 

Charging time is 30 minutes to 12 hours depending on a lot of factors. Including the type of charging stations and the size of batteries and the weather and the charge rate of the vehicle etc.... Ridiculous that the liberals even bring this up as a possible solution to anything.  

And how would all that electricity be generated? Gee, I wonder how most of our electricity is being generated for those charging stations? They wouldn't happen to still be using coal and natural gas now would they for the electricity on the grid that the stations are connected to? 🤔  

It’s funny how limited people’s thinking can be.

I mean, it’s like saying we could never move away from the horse and buggy because there’s only one gas station per county and none of the roads are paved. Sh1t changes :dunno:

9 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I mean, it’s like saying we could never move away from the horse and buggy because there’s only one gas station per county and none of the roads are paved. Sh1t changes :dunno:

You think it's all going to happen in the next 6-7 years? Because aoc said a few years ago that the world is going to be destroyed by global warming in 10 years?

I'm sure most people don't have a problem with electric vehicles, but there has to be a buyers market set in place before you can pull the plug on the horse and buggy.

creepy joe is trying to pull the plug on oil.

Again you have no perspective of things in reality.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

The government never stepped in and told people they had to get rid of their horses and buggies and buy a "horseless carriage."

Most people kept their horses and buggies until the model T  became affordable and feasible. 

• Like 2

I have a big truck. It just drinks gasoline. I have a sticker of Greta saying how dare you on the inside of my gas cap.

You honestly couldn’t give me a free electric truck.

49 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I have a big truck. It just drinks gasoline. I have a sticker of Greta saying how dare you on the inside of my gas cap.

You honestly couldn’t give me a free electric truck.

Do you make sure and tap the nozzle when done to give her a fossil fuel facial?  :pointstosky:

23 minutes ago, DonS said:

Do you make sure and tap the nozzle when done to give her a fossil fuel facial?  :pointstosky:

Dont be ridiculous…..

I give it an actual facial. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 10:47 PM, fandandy said:

Which country without googling it do you think produces the most batteries for electric vehicles?  By far.  

And what resources do you think it takes to produce a battery for an electric vehicle?

And, globally, where do you think those resources are located?

liberals dont care about the logistics of everyone having an electric car.  this isnt about that.  this is about running guilt trips and personal attacks on voters to win elections.

Liberals aren’t just ruining America, they are ruining the planet. Look at every decent, inhabitable country on earth. Liberals are in the process of fundamentally changing all of them.  So instead of having some good countries, like the US and Canada, Western Europe, Australia and Japan (I think I got them all). So instead of some good countries and the shitholes, it’s going to be just shitholes. I don’t know how importing millions of poorly educated migrants from backwards countries makes another country any better. It can’t. It should be the other way around if you want to make things better . 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Liberals aren’t just ruining America, they are ruining the planet. Look at every decent, inhabitable country on earth. Liberals are in the process of fundamentally changing all of them.  So instead of having some good countries, like the US and Canada, Western Europe, Australia and Japan (I think I got them all). So instead of some good countries and the shitholes, it’s going to be just shitholes. I don’t know how importing millions of poorly educated migrants from backwards countries makes another country any better. It can’t. It should be the other way around if you want to make things better . 

It isn't about making anyplace better it's about equity. Since it's impossible to improve shitholes filled with poor, uneducated people who are content to live that way, you have to bring down the standard of living everywhere else by importing those poor, uneducated, people to places like America. Where they will continue to live as they always have and treat America like the shithole from which they came. Thereby creating equity by bringing America down closer to the shitholes of the world. 

You shouldn't benefit from being born in a country like America while somebody else suffers from being born in a place like Haiti. It's not fair. 

It's really some backward ass focked up thinking but that's their mentality. 

• Thanks 1

I mean, it’s like people in the 1700s saying we should should move away from the horse and buggy today because someday there will be a better option even though people are spending 1000s and have nothing viable yet for the whole of the nation. Man trying force societal evolution. :dunno:

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

I mean, it’s like people in the 1700s saying we should should move away from the horse and buggy today because someday there will be a better option even though people are spending 1000s and have nothing viable yet for the whole of the nation. Man trying force societal evolution. :dunno:

Now imagine people who control the government were heavily invested in the new technology.  We were better off with the robber barons. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now imagine people who control the government were heavily invested in the new technology.  We were better off with the robber barons. 

But there is no new technology, it's another money grab under the guise that there will be one or should be.  Where are all these charging stations in the middle of nowhere going to get their power? Same place as everything else, coal powered plants. The internal combustion engine and the diesel engine are still, far and away the most efficient technology with the most fuel available. 

And what to do with all the millions of poisonous batteries after the fact?  If it is true that only 5% of the materials are recycled...

It's shocking to me that liberals could be so short-sighted.  Shocking, I tell you!!!

I have nothing against electric vehicles I would like to own a tesla. That being said there are some HUGE issues.

1. I've spent the last few months hearing people beotch about bitcoin mining uses so much energy, but those same people sure are quiet when it comes to electric vehicles.

2. I don't like how much control the electric vehicle companies have over the vehicles. Elon can shut your car off or have it auto-drive where he wanted. But Cdub that will never happen. Won't it? People seriously wanted Elon to shut down all the teslas in Russia.

3. Like many folks I took the family on a spring break trip. How the fock am I supposed to drive for a few hours and then sit at a charging station for an hour before we continue the journey?

3a. Towing an RV is even worse. Note: I'm not talking about the actual towing because with electric vehicles it's better. It's the battery usage while towing and the waiting for it to charge is terrible

3b. will hotels be required to offer charging spots? what happens when there are 100 cars and only 20 charging spots?

4. Cold weather driving still sucks

5. Maintenance, Jesus if you thought buying the car was expensive. Go read stories about fixing a window. Anyone who works on cars will tell you electrical problems are the worst. 

6. Forget to charge your car last night? Enjoy being late to whatever you planned on doing.

In general, I think electric cars are fine and will service 95% of the customer's needs. There are some major issues though. Some of which the eco-terrorist refuse to admit. We are 10-20 years away from being majority electric.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

6. Forget to charge your car last night? Enjoy being late to whatever you planned on doing.

Boss, I am not lying.  The dog really did eat my charging cord...

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I have nothing against electric vehicles I would like to own a tesla. That being said there are some HUGE issues.

1. I've spent the last few months hearing people beotch about bitcoin mining uses so much energy, but those same people sure are quiet when it comes to electric vehicles.

2. I don't like how much control the electric vehicle companies have over the vehicles. Elon can shut your car off or have it auto-drive where he wanted. But Cdub that will never happen. Won't it? People seriously wanted Elon to shut down all the teslas in Russia.

3. Like many folks I took the family on a spring break trip. How the fock am I supposed to drive for a few hours and then sit at a charging station for an hour before we continue the journey?

3a. Towing an RV is even worse. Note: I'm not talking about the actual towing because with electric vehicles it's better. It's the battery usage while towing and the waiting for it to charge is terrible

3b. will hotels be required to offer charging spots? what happens when there are 100 cars and only 20 charging spots?

4. Cold weather driving still sucks

5. Maintenance, Jesus if you thought buying the car was expensive. Go read stories about fixing a window. Anyone who works on cars will tell you electrical problems are the worst. 

In general, I think electric cars are fine and will service 95% of the customer's needs. There are some major issues though. Some of which the eco-terrorist refuse to admit. We are 10-20 years away from being majority electric.

Probably pretty much all accurate. I think many of those issues can be worked through but they certainly exist. For me, the road trip Problem is the most significant.

Re: bitcoin, the issue there is folks don’t think it’s necessary to waste electricity for some silly alternative currency. Maybe you feel differently about bitcoin so that it’s not so wasteful, but that’s the concept. With electric vehicles, we need transportation so it’s not as wasteful. The concept is the electrical grid can be moved to fully renewable sources whereas gas-powered vehicles obviously never will.

You could go further and urge greater reliance on mass transportation. That would be the best thing but it doesn’t fit the way we live in most of the US and many other places. Hard to an effective rail line through all the suburbs and such.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Re: bitcoin, the issue there is folks don’t think it’s necessary to waste electricity for some silly alternative currency. Maybe you feel differently about bitcoin so that it’s not so wasteful, but that’s the concept. With electric vehicles, we need transportation so it’s not as wasteful. The concept is the electrical grid can be moved to fully renewable sources whereas gas-powered vehicles obviously never will.

Yes I understand that and there are plenty of arguments that it's not a waste (which I obviously subscribe to). My point is part of the argument against is the grid can't handle it and it's wasteful which not only can the grid handle it but it helps stabilize the grid.

I also think fully renewable sources isn't as clean as the eco-terrorist claim them to be.

It is going to be an absolute goat-fock because liberals are pushing for it and the environmental impact will be much worse than they are letting on because they are morons.

This is a given and if you disagree then in twenty years bump this thread.

• Thanks 1

There is definitely room for green energy and it should be implemented where it makes sense. But mostly it’s a grift. 

So now we can't have wind farms?  If solar is proven to kill ladybugs are we fining those companies too?

What do you clowns want?

56 minutes ago, fandandy said:

It is going to be an absolute goat-fock because liberals are pushing for it and the environmental impact will be much worse than they are letting on because they are morons.

This is a given and if you disagree then in twenty years bump this thread.

No one would stay on this board for 20 years. 

:unsure:

1 minute ago, frank said:

No one would stay on this board for 20 years. 

:unsure:

I'll see you in twenty.

:wave: