Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

How far away do you live from where you "grew up" and how did you get to where you are living now?

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Lots of sailors and hookers?

We call them Seaman

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't mind if they feel the need to spread their wings and try somewhere else.  :cheers:

These thoughts about my kids is what prompted me to start this thread.  One of my daughters is a complete free spirit, and wants to see and do anything possible.  She's applying to some colleges that are halfway across the country and it's just really weird to think that the most important thing to me for the last 17 years will be up and gone.  

Also, is the daughter going to NY your T1 daughter?  That's gotta be nerve wracking.  

Born south of Boston. Live north of Boston in Salem, MA. A little over an hr drive. Lived in So Cal for a few years in the 90s. College in upstate NY.

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

These thoughts about my kids is what prompted me to start this thread.  One of my daughters is a complete free spirit, and wants to see and do anything possible.  She's applying to some colleges that are halfway across the country and it's just really weird to think that the most important thing to me for the last 17 years will be up and gone.  

Also, is the daughter going to NY your T1 daughter?  That's gotta be nerve wracking.  

Yep, that's her.  Her moving anywhere would be nerve wracking.  The best I can do is encourage her to have local friends who know her condition and can go over to her place if something is wrong.  :cheers:

23 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yep, that's her.  Her moving anywhere would be nerve wracking.  The best I can do is encourage her to have local friends who know her condition and can go over to her place if something is wrong.  :cheers:

T1?

26 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

T1?

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'm guessing Diabetes

Yes, T1 = Type 1 Diabetes, where your body stops making insulin.

2 hours ago, edjr said:

about 1/2 a mile 

The place I lived the 1st couple years of my life was tore down and they put up condoms

Your dad should of used a condom. 

2 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Your dad should of used a condom. 

He did, in your moms ass and she still had you

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

10 blocks

Married in same church and reception same place as my parents 27 years before. 

My kids played on the same little league field as I did. Went to the same high as I did. 

Similar for me...I live in the same town I grew up in. I've never lived more than a half hour away, and even then, it was just briefly. My kids were all born in the same hospital as me, went to the same high school, and even had some of the same teachers.

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

According to the BBC your life on earth, I've travelled THROUGH THE MILKY WAY, 250,866,753,365 mi.  So I've gone pretty far.

dumbass.

15 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Similar for me...I live in the same town I grew up in. I've never lived more than a half hour away, and even then, it was just briefly. My kids were all born in the same hospital as me, went to the same high school, and even had some of the same teachers.

Seriously? Dang. That's pretty cool. I remember my first steady girlfriend in high school. After high school it was a really tough break up with her. I wasn't mean, I was simply more cold I guess. I kind of used girls more for pleasure in those days. I wonder if I stayed there with her and spent my life there. 🤔 I still like visiting. 

There was one girl along the way in Newark, Delaware. Fock. That was the one that got away. It hurts to this day that I didn't give it a spin with her. Fock. I deserve it I guess.  

Of course, Delaware wasn't near my home town. But I could have learned to love it. Maybe creepy joe would have stopped by and I could have kicked his ass a few times. 

3 miles from the house I grew up in.  My sister lives there now that both parents are gone.  I've lived around the metro Detroit area, but settled back in home town after all the kids were born. I've been with the same company for 30+ years, so no need/desire to move until I retire.

Kids are starting to spread their wings, one just moved to Chicago as his office just opened up to in-person.  Another is at school in the UP, this will probably be his last summer around here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Twinsdad said:

3 miles from the house I grew up in.  My sister lives there now that both parents are gone.  I've lived around the metro Detroit area, but settled back in home town after all the kids were born. I've been with the same company for 30+ years, so no need/desire to move until I retire.

Kids are starting to spread their wings, one just moved to Chicago as his office just opened up to in-person.  Another is at school in the UP, this will probably be his last summer around here.

Where in the Yoop?  My nephew goes to Tech.  :cheers: 

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

Interesting as you are an engineer and chose a different path than I did.  Whereabouts are you?  I'm thinking Ohio somewhere but can't quite recall where.  :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Where in the Yoop?  My nephew goes to Tech.  :cheers: 

He's there as well.  Sophmore - Environmental Engineering.  :cheers:

7 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Grew up in a Chicago suburb.  Went to Michigan State. Moved back to the Chicago area after graduation and stayed there for about 2 years. Then to Lansing Michigan, finally to the Detroit area where I have been since about 1993.

What Chicago suburb? 

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Interesting as you are an engineer and chose a different path than I did.  Whereabouts are you?  I'm thinking Ohio somewhere but can't quite recall where.  :thumbsup:

Ohio??? Hell, no, where'd you get that idea? :D

Northeastern Massachusetts...Thirty minutes from the seacoast, and I wouldn't want to be a minute further.

22 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Ohio??? Hell, no, where'd you get that idea? :D

Northeastern Massachusetts...Thirty minutes from the seacoast, and I wouldn't want to be a minute further.

Oof, my bad, I knew that.  Trying to do multiple things at once, all poorly, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :D 

NJ to CA to NJ to GA

I see my mother once every 5 years or so. 

19 minutes ago, peenie said:

NJ to CA to NJ to GA

What part of cali?

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Oof, my bad, I knew that.  Trying to do multiple things at once, all poorly, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :D 

:thumbsup: I'll cut you some slack. You got enough to worry about.

I grew up in a small town with a population of about 5000. 15ish years ago they put in some bus stops and section 8 housing which led to some undesirables moving in. I sold my home and moved about 5 miles to the next town over. No more bus stops or affordable housing. 

On 4/11/2022 at 8:14 PM, MDC said:

Plus no wife, friends or family to tie you down.

You can be alone anywhere. :( 

Nice. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Nice. 

Had to think about your reply for 2 days? 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, peenie said:

NJ to CA to NJ to GA

Where's your mother? NJ?

20 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Evanston

Nice. I had a friend that went to Northwestern.  I dated a girl from Lake Bluff north of you. The family got along but was a bit poor. No father to support. Mother was a nurse. 

I wish I had been more mature at that time in the relationship, such good people. But I other things I guess.

On 4/12/2022 at 10:50 AM, edjr said:

about 1/2 a mile 

The place I lived the 1st couple years of my life was tore down and they put up condoms

if only they had the condoms back then :mellow:

21 hours ago, peenie said:

NJ to CA to NJ to GA

yeahhh Jersey! :cheers:

I had an uncle that lived in Boston his whole life. I really only knew him when he was older. I went to live in Boston for some work for a year and visited the old couple. Focking awesome people. Every day the old man had a 16 ounce can of beer in his hand at a few minutes before noon. He would never open a beer before 12pm. :lol:

The wife had a bunch of friends that would visit and they would all talk at the same time and somehow understand each other. 

The daughter, my cousin, was a little hottie. She married a dude who was an over the top Christian. The guy was a plumber who told me a story about how he almost lost his life. A water tank he was carrying down some stairs slipped and would have crushed his head if the stairs walls didn't narrow down. blocked the tank right before it got to his skull. 

Focking loved those people. My cousin and her husband lived in Cambridge kinda close to the end of the red line. Alewife station.