Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

It’s good when arrogant, out of control companies get a slap. I bet they Stfu from now on. 

Gutterboy is desperate after getting his ass handed to him. He thinks Disney won here. Lol. 

17 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Thank you. So sounds like a negotiation took place. Which is how everything should be handled 

Also there still is no such thing as a don’t say gay bill

From what I read basically nothing changed. They did enough to make it look like DeSantis won. Disney gets to keep what they had before but have lost the ability to build a nuclear plant and an airport (which they've had since 1967 and never showed any interest in really doing either), and DeSantis gets 2 people on the RDIC board...so not enough to do anything but enough to say "Eh we tried."

At best- both sides look stupid here. 

I thought it wasn’t a big deal? You Fockin losers got everything wrong in this thread. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

From what I read basically nothing changed. They did enough to make it look like DeSantis won. Disney gets to keep what they had before but have lost the ability to build a nuclear plant and an airport (which they've had since 1967 and never showed any interest in really doing either), and DeSantis gets 2 people on the RDIC board...so not enough to do anything but enough to say "Eh we tried."

Uh, the CEO who p*ssed off the Governor of Florida has changed, and the new one bent the knee the other day.  It's like you don't even read the articles you link to.   🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Dang, I pretty much called this to a T earlier 

It’s not a big deal! It’s going to hurt Desantis in the election! ( my favorite. I wish I could remember which of the big three retards said that) . It’s a blip, spread out over twenty years! Wrong about everything.  3 morons jerking each other off. Lol 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not a big deal! It’s going to hurt Desantis in the election! ( my favorite. I wish I could remember which of the big three retards said that) . It’s a blip, spread out over twenty years! Wrong about everything.  3 morons jerking each other off. Lol 

Well it sounds like it’s not going to be a big deal if the report is true

On 6/19/2022 at 8:36 AM, TimHauck said:

Yeah I don’t think there has been much on it recently.   Pretty sure nothing is confirmed yet.  My bet is it doesn’t even happen.  It was a distraction and a way for Desantis to earn some political points with the anti-woke crowd.

My bet is they just modify the agreement a  little like removing Disney’s ability to build a nuclear power plant.  But the current agreement is really what’s in the best interest of both parties.

Boom

On 4/21/2022 at 10:19 PM, vomit said:

Republican Matt gaetz of Florida is sex trafficking teens, but Disney.

😂

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think I said it wouldn’t help if he wanted to be President.  But since it’s not going to happen, as I predicted, that’s a moot point.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Uh, the CEO who p*ssed off the Governor of Florida has changed, and the new one bent the knee the other day.  It's like you don't even read the articles you link to.   🤣

Uh...Iger spoke out about the bill before Chapek said anything and pressured Disney into a position on it. 

At a town hall meeting with employees on Monday, Iger said he was “sorry to see us get dragged into [the] battle” over Reedy Creek and needed time to “get up to speed” on the issue.

“What I can say [is] the state of Florida has been important to us for a long time and we have been very important to the state of Florida,” Iger said. “That is something I’m extremely mindful of and will articulate if I get the chance.”

Iger struck the right tone for reaching a compromise, said an influential figure in Florida state politics. “That was a good olive brand message to Disney employees and the state of Florida,” he said. “It was a diplomatic kind of message.”

According to Stewart, the planned compromise includes removing RCID’s ability to build a nuclear power plant or airport, two powers granted under the original 1967 statute that Disney has never pursued and seems highly unlikely to do so at any point in the foreseeable future.

Other discussions sound like an effort to help DeSantis pretend he “won” this mess he created, by allowing the governor to appoint two of the five members of the RCID board. Stewart seemed to acknowledge this was the intent, telling Grimes, “We can’t let the governor look like he lost.”

the “plan” is to take away two powers Disney wasn’t even using and maybe let DeSantis appoint a non-majority power to the RCID board so he can save face.

So again- nothing really changed and things will basically go back to the way they were. I read the articles that I saw...I didn't post a link here. 

49 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Boom

Pretty solid call. 

I forgot this was the thread where HT said he was okay paying more taxes to take on woke Disney...As if he lives in Florida paying taxes.

It's going to be funny watching people pitch this as anything other than a grandstanding ploy in the end considering nothing has really changed. 

On 4/21/2022 at 9:19 PM, vomit said:

Republican Matt gaetz of Florida is sex trafficking teens, but Disney.

Joe Biden feeling up young, minor girls and other women, but Matt Gaetz.  🙄

GTFO with your nonsense.

On 11/29/2022 at 1:57 PM, Strike said:

Carl Icahn begs to differ with your investment advice.

🤣

12 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Uh...Iger spoke out about the bill before Chapek said anything and pressured Disney into a position on it. 

So again- nothing really changed and things will basically go back to the way they were. I read the articles that I saw...I didn't post a link here. 

Yeah, and part of his bending the knee was apologizing for getting Disney involved.  No one is saying he isn't entitled to his opinion.  The problem comes in to play when a corporation gets involved. 

45 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah, and part of his bending the knee was apologizing for getting Disney involved.  No one is saying he isn't entitled to his opinion.  The problem comes in to play when a corporation gets involved. 

It's funny how you say Disney bent the knee when it was really desantis and Florida that focked themselves with the tax bill, transferring all of Disney's liabilities to the county, essentially bankrupting it.  Florida had to do something, probably went to Disney, and said let's stop fighting, we can both save face here, leave us alone and we'll drop the legislation, and Disney agreed because they don't want to be so political anymore either.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

At best the two sides compromised...but it certainly looks like Disney "won" more than they "lost" in this. 

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It's funny how you say Disney bent the knee when it was really desantis and Florida that focked themselves with the tax bill, transferring all of Disney's liabilities to the county, essentially bankrupting it.  

HT didn’t care about that since those counties voted for Biden

Disney closing the very popular Splash Mountain ride because it’s raaaaaacist! One of the few things I liked when I went. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Disney closing the very popular Splash Mountain ride because it’s raaaaaacist! One of the few things I liked when I went. 

Seriously?  Why?  Because black people can't swim?

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They’re renaming it.  This was announced in June 2020

44 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It's being re-imagined after Princess and the Frog, probably result in a better ride.  When I rode it this summer it was with the understanding that it will be the last time with Brer Rabbit

• Haha 2

Disney has now posted warnings in its parks about fighting after an outbreak of them at the parks. 

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Disney has now posted warnings in its parks about fighting after an outbreak of them at the parks. 

I was not aware of fights, that sucks.  Who was fighting? We’re there some news articles on it?

7 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

So it was pretty much a terrible year for all media stocks....except for WWE apparently. 

https://deadline.com/2022/12/2022-stocks-entertainment-media-performance-wwe-nexstar-disney-1235208788/

And all media is controlled by - wait for it - nutjob lefties.

Get woke, go broke.  How many times do we have to say it to you?

On 12/5/2022 at 3:31 PM, TimHauck said:

Yes....its now called Gin & Juice.

On 12/3/2022 at 7:48 AM, Shooter McGavin said:

It's funny how you say Disney bent the knee when it was really desantis and Florida that focked themselves with the tax bill, transferring all of Disney's liabilities to the county, essentially bankrupting it.  Florida had to do something, probably went to Disney, and said let's stop fighting, we can both save face here, leave us alone and we'll drop the legislation, and Disney agreed because they don't want to be so political anymore either.

Ooops.......So about that bending the knee thing......

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-backed-plan-take-control-disneys-land-announced

:doh:

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2023 at 3:29 PM, Strike said:

Where my Muskateers at? 

On 11/29/2022 at 1:24 PM, Shooter McGavin said:

That's not the way it works.  If you don't like it, sell your shares, very simple.

New CEO: 

When asked Monday during an employee Q&A about where the studio would now fall on the matter, Iger said “one of the core values of our storytelling is inclusion, and acceptance and tolerance. And we can’t lose that, we just can’t lose that… how we actually change the world through the good must continue. We’re not going to make everyone happy all the time, and we’re not [going to] try to. We’re certainly not going to lessen our core values in order to make everyone happy all the time.”

Activist investor Nelson Pelts involved in a proxy war to be appointed to Disney’s board. Wait, that’s not the way it works.You just sell if you don’t like it.    Lol. 

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Activist investor Nelson Pelts involved in a proxy war to be appointed to Disney’s board. Wait, that’s not the way it works.You just sell if you don’t like it.    Lol. 

OK you got me, you can always invest a billion dollars and try and get voted on the board, and then try and influence company direction.  My bad, I should have listed that as an option for all of us to get our voices heard and get the wokeness corrected.

While we're at it, you can also just buy the entire company and then do whatever you want.  Should have brought that up as well.

On 1/12/2023 at 3:15 PM, Shooter McGavin said:

While we're at it, you can also just buy the entire company and then do whatever you want.  Should have brought that up as well.

That's what the tranny who bought the Miss Universe pageant is doing.

On 1/12/2023 at 3:03 PM, The Real timschochet said:

Long after we’re all dead Disney will continue to own the planet. 

This is true.  They will get past this and get back to making gobs of money.   Gillette on the other hand, they might face a longer road. But Disney has a nice setup.

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

A tranny is buying Disney?  Saw this on TikTok I'm assuming?

To be clear, a tranny is not buying Disney, a tranny did however, buy the Miss Universe pageant.

Although this thread has stuck to the Disney theme for 46 pages, this particular post was a tangent in response to the topic of individuals buying companies and doing whatever they want with it.