Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Because he's scared to talk to his kids? :lol:

I talk to my kid all the time.  Homosexuality isn't an age appropriate topic.  You can't seem to understand that.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Because he's scared to talk to his kids? :lol:

He obviously does talk to his Kids because they know it's wrong!!! Worry about your own Kids. 

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I've never thrown a box of condoms at any of my kids, and we've always told them abstinence is best, but if not safe sex is the way to go.

Who said anything about throwing? You are without a doubt the biggest liar on this board. Can’t go three posts without telling one.  Principles my ass. 

14 minutes ago, nobody said:

I talk to my kid all the time.  Homosexuality isn't an age appropriate topic.  You can't seem to understand that.

There is nothing inappropriate about saying a man and a woman can be married along with a woman and a woman.

Keep it age appropriate.

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who said anything about throwing? You are without a doubt the biggest liar on this board. Can’t go three posts without telling one.  Principles my ass. 

Oh I forgot everything I say is taken literal, but not others.  I didn't mean actually throw.  I correct myself to say "gently give".

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

gently give

Did you pay to have a Tranny read your Kids bedtime stories while at Disney? 

That would of been adorable 😍

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

There is nothing inappropriate about saying a man and a woman can be married along with a woman and a woman.

Keep it age appropriate.

It's not appropriate.  

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Did you pay to have a Tranny read your Kids bedtime stories while at Disney? 

That would of been adorable 😍

The Princess dinner was the highlight for the Gutters. 

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

That's funny because you and Gutter have been covering your eyes and ears about the impact of these woke policies on their bottom line.

Or do you disagree with the numbers in my earlier post about the performance of their 2022 releases?

That's fine if you want to shack up with the dummies here jerry, but go find someone else to argue with.

Gay people have existed for hundreds of years, they will continue to exist no matter how much you and the anti- LGTBQ  brigade try to rally against them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Keep it age appropriate.

Sounds like a solid 3 some!!

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

That's fine if you want to shack up with the dummies here jerry, but go find someone else to argue with.

Gay people have existed for hundreds of years, they will continue to exist no matter how much you and the anti- LGTBQ  brigade try to rally against them. 

And gay people werent whiney beitches like they are now.

You have the right to be whatever you want.  I have the right to  give 2 foks and not agree with your delusion.

You can tell the local liberal dipshlts don't even have the heart to carry on in this one anymore. What a thorough beat down this entire thread was.

Of course, that's what happens when you ignore the obvious purely for political reasons while also virtue signaling. Sad.

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I merely pointed out actual poor financial performance directly attributable to woke movies.  Then I pointed out that you, not I, are the one with his head in the sand because you ignore data that doesn't fit your centrist worldview.

I said nothing about it being wrong to push that message to very young children.  I happen to think it is though.  I've said multiple times on this site, with nary a response from you centrists, that young children are empty memory banks begging to be filled with how they are supposed to behave.  The younger, the simpler the message.  They aren't asking for "you can be whatever you want," and they certainly aren't expecting adults to just believe and act on whatever they say in the moment.  I would expect an educator to know this, but here we are.

I suppose that makes me a dummy in your world.  You centrists have decided to redefine any word to mean whatever you want today, so go for it.  :dunno: 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I merely pointed out actual poor financial performance directly attributable to woke movies.  Then I pointed out that you, not I, are the one with his head in the sand because you ignore data that doesn't fit your centrist worldview.

I said nothing about it being wrong to push that message to very young children.  I happen to think it is though.  I've said multiple times on this site, with nary a response from you centrists, that young children are empty memory banks begging to be filled with how they are supposed to behave.  The younger, the simpler the message.  They aren't asking for "you can be whatever you want," and they certainly aren't expecting adults to just believe and act on whatever they say in the moment.  I would expect an educator to know this, but here we are.

I suppose that makes me a dummy in your world.  You centrists have decided to redefine any word to mean whatever you want today, so go for it.  :dunno: 

You can't teach kids to be gay

51 minutes ago, Reality said:

You can tell the local liberal dipshlts don't even have the heart to carry on in this one anymore. What a thorough beat down this entire thread was.

Of course, that's what happens when you ignore the obvious purely for political reasons while also virtue signaling. Sad.

Another worthless post from Reality.

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

No- being a dummy makes you a dummy in my world. 

I talked about the financial stuff in this thread multiple times. Go find it. I guess you think like the other knucklehead you think stocks eternally go up. Whatever. Enjoy your delusion. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It appears from googling that the current theory is that both genetics and environment play a role.  Not just one gene, but a bunch of genes, which combine with environmental impacts to steer people in a direction.  I couldn't find a good example of what those environmental impacts are.  We know however that childhood experiences, particularly negative ones, can significantly impact the way a person behaves.  To think that experience does not impact behavior is to say that therapy that explores past experiences is worthless.

To my knowledge there is no conclusive study showing 100% genetic factors.  If you know of one, please post it.  In its absence we must presume that environment could be a factor.  Goodness knows the scientific community would love to find such proof, to shut up dummies like me.  :thumbsup: 

26 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Another worthless post from Reality.

No- being a dummy makes you a dummy in my world. 

I talked about the financial stuff in this thread multiple times. Go find it. I guess you think like the other knucklehead you think stocks eternally go up. Whatever. Enjoy your delusion. 

Yeah, that's what I think. Your inability to draw logical conclusions is quite impressive.

So what about the data I posted about the 2022 releases?  I must have missed your response in all of this wisdom you are posting.  TIA$#@!

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, that's what I think. Your inability to draw logical conclusions is quite impressive.

So what about the data I posted about the 2022 releases?  I must have missed your response in all of this wisdom you are posting.  TIA$#@!

I posted many pages ago about these movies.

I'm glad you finally opened your invite to the thread but the party has been going on in here for a year dude. 

41 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Of course you can. People like you are confusing the F out of these Kids at very young ages. A Tomboy now thinks she's a boy, wants her knocks cut off, OK dear. Grows up to find out she was just confused, no Knocks! Am I gay, am I boy, am I a girl.

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM!!!   YOU'RE RUINING LIVES 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I posted many pages ago about these movies.

I'm glad you finally opened your invite to the thread but the party has been going on in here for a year dude. 

Well, I'm not going to go back 62 pages to find it no matter how inciteful it may be, so can you give me a quick summary?

Also, you never responded to this.  I know you still won't, but I'll post it again anyway:

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well, I'm not going to go back 62 pages to find it no matter how inciteful it may be, so can you give me a quick summary?

Also, you never responded to this.  I know you still won't, but I'll post it again anyway:

Jerry- I told you already. I'm not going around and around with you on this. It invariably leads to you-or I- (mostly you) turning condescending to the other and getting nowhere. Not interested. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Jerry- I told you already. I'm not going around and around with you on this. It invariably leads to you-or I- (mostly you) turning condescending to the other and getting nowhere. Not interested. 

🏳

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

🏳

I've literally had this argument with Jerry before. It isn't white flag waving. It's just not going through this again when I know his position and don't need him to try and retcon it. 

Meanwhile you continue to bump this thread putting your stupidity on display over and over. Wise move. 

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I've literally had this argument with Jerry before. It isn't white flag waving. It's just not going through this again when I know his position and don't need him to try and retcon it. 

Meanwhile you continue to bump this thread putting your stupidity on display over and over. Wise move. 

He asked for an overview of what you said prior. What’s the BFD? 

I'm going to make a series of posts how dumb you all are but I'm not interested in discussing anything because it always turns condescending!  

🤣🤣🤣

What an idiot.

45 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Of course you can. People like you are confusing the F out of these Kids at very young ages. A Tomboy now thinks she's a boy, wants her knocks cut off, OK dear. Grows up to find out she was just confused, no Knocks! Am I gay, am I boy, am I a girl.

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM!!!   YOU'RE RUINING LIVES 

You don't know what market cap is.

51 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

🏳

Here is my summary to date:

Me:  Looks to me like the wokeness had a financial impact to Disney

Mooney:  The gays are here to stay!  Also you are dumb like your dummy friends!

Me:  Nice logic.  But since you went there, here is why I think it is a bad idea to push this stuff on young children

Mooney:  Nanananananana I'm not listening nananananananana

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Me:  Nice logic.  But since you went there, here is why I think it is a bad idea to push this stuff on young children

You don't get it, he's super duper smart, just ask him. :dunno:

8 hours ago, jerryskids said:

That's funny because you and Gutter have been covering your eyes and ears about the impact of these woke policies on their bottom line.

Or do you disagree with the numbers in my earlier post about the performance of their 2022 releases?

I'm open to it, but someone needs to provide some data, other then 2 movies did bad.  That's really really stupid and lazy

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

More like:

Jerry: Here is a post that speciously tries to put together wokeness and business. Explain that.

Me: I've already done this before in this thread.

Jerry: I'm a lazy jerkoff. Please review your post.

Me: It's in this thread a few times you can find it.

Jerry: What? You mean I have to actually click a few buttons to find your post. That's like too hard.

Me: Dude I'm not interested in this conversation as I've already gone over this many times.

Jerry: I'll try another argument then because I've got time to kill.

Me: We've already discussed this many times. It ain't worth it.

Jerry: Here's some condescending BS like Mooney said would happen.

Me: Here's some condescension back like I predicted would happen. 

HT: Here's my opinion no one asked for.

Reality: How can I add nothing to a discussion yet again? Oh....I know...I'll make a stupid post. 

• Like 1

It’s been a bad year for Disney. One of its worst. 

13 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm open to it, but someone needs to provide some data, other then 2 movies did bad.  That's really really stupid and lazy

There certainly is a lot of stupid in this thread.  Here's what we have so far:  recent movies were woke and bombed.  Rumor is that they are risking another major franchise to keep up the woke.  This appears to be a trend.  Disney's response is layoffs.  A stock's price is based on the expected future performance of the company relative to prior expectations (financial theory says it is the present value of all expected future dividends, but my answer is a more practical proxy).  

What additional data regarding expected future performance would move it from really really stupid to just really stupid?

This may have been discussed before in this thread, a few pages back before the slapfight intensified. I don't have time to follow things anymore.

Disney is letting go of 7000 people, 15% of it's work force, and the stock price is down 17% in the last year.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/disney-will-dismiss-large-chunk-of-entertainment-staffers-next-week-report

So, anyway, my take is this is good news and I hope for more losses for the near future. This is a historically important US entertainment brand and I'd be delighted to change my opinion if they ever revert back to how they were previously: a family-oriented company making wholesome child-friendly content. Its painful comparing what they use to be in Walt's Day to what hijacked Disney is now. On the other hand, if they continue to stick to their woke guns, I hope this sidle is ongoing into bankruptcy.

7 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This may have been discussed before in this thread, a few pages back before the slapfight intensified. I don't have time to follow things anymore.

Disney is letting go of 7000 people, 15% of it's work force, and the stock price is down 17% in the last year.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/disney-will-dismiss-large-chunk-of-entertainment-staffers-next-week-report

So, anyway, my take is this is good news and I hope for more losses for the near future. This is a historically important US entertainment brand and I'd be delighted to change my opinion if they ever revert back to how they were previously: a family-oriented company making wholesome child-friendly content. Its painful knowing what they use to be and what they are now. On the other hand, if they continue to stick to their woke guns, I hope this sidle is ongoing into bankruptcy.

Here is a good article that talks more to the reality of what is happening at Disney and why their stock is essentially flat over the last 5 years even with the rises and falls of the past few years. The TL;DR version is they took on a lot of debt in buying FOX and kept raising capitol which has led them to now 1.4 billion in annual interest expenses

https://www.fool.com/investing/2023/04/21/walt-disney-stock-is-back-where-it-was-5-years-ago/

21 hours ago, jerryskids said:

There certainly is a lot of stupid in this thread.  Here's what we have so far:  recent movies were woke and bombed.  Rumor is that they are risking another major franchise to keep up the woke.  This appears to be a trend.  Disney's response is layoffs.  A stock's price is based on the expected future performance of the company relative to prior expectations (financial theory says it is the present value of all expected future dividends, but my answer is a more practical proxy).  

What additional data regarding expected future performance would move it from really really stupid to just really stupid?

Here's your problem.  You mention 2 woke movies bombing and then say the response to this is layoffs.  Thats completely false.  Only a child would draw this conclusion, come on man, be better.

Disney movies are rebounding in 2023 after a few down years.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/disney-box-office-billion-dollar-mark-avatar-2-1235528694/

And the prospects look good.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/18/disney-shares-set-to-rise-30percent-on-strong-film-slate-deutsche-bank-says.html

The layoffs are a response to operating costs, not lack of revenue from 2 movies.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/29/1166719634/disney-plans-to-cut-3-of-the-entertainment-giant-s-total-global-workforce

Disney is restructuring to reduce costs in an effort to boost shareholder value.  Everyone does this as needed.

I don't know why you decided to start posting in this thread, but you should go back to sitting this one out.  You're out of your league.  Please educate yourself.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Strange World was woke and sure that was probably part of the reason it sucked.  But Lightyear wasn’t really woke, it just sucked because it was a weird spinoff that had almost nothing to do with what it was spinning off from 

16 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Here is a good article that talks more to the reality of what is happening at Disney and why their stock is essentially flat over the last 5 years even with the rises and falls of the past few years. The TL;DR version is they took on a lot of debt in buying FOX and kept raising capitol which has led them to now 1.4 billion in annual interest expenses

https://www.fool.com/investing/2023/04/21/walt-disney-stock-is-back-where-it-was-5-years-ago/

well, whatever reason they're losing money; be it bad business decisions, incompetence, or going woke.... so long as they remain woke, whatever road leads them down the Buzzfeed path, I hope they keep following it.

26 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

well, whatever reason they're losing money; be it bad business decisions, incompetence, or going woke.... so long as they remain woke, whatever road leads them down the Buzzfeed path, I hope they keep following it.

Do you root for everyone to lose their jobs whose ideology you disagree with?  Or just Disney employees?

47 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

It’s not 15% of its workforce, its 15% of its “entertainment” workforce, looks like about 3% of the total.