Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled πŸ€£πŸ˜…

So many pages and weeks ago I predicted Little Mermaid's final box office would fall between 550-600 million.

Right now it is at ~567 million.

Score one for me

12 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So many pages and weeks ago I predicted Little Mermaid's final box office would fall between 550-600 million.

Score one for me

Should it arise that Disney appears to be more interested in making money over placating social issues, I might consider reinvesting.Β  I will resist investing in a company that places a higher priority over recency in society instead of profit.

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Score one for me

TLM will make a small profit.

Disney had a bad earnings report with one-time write downs of some of their stupid streaming assets bringing their income negative for the quarter.

Surprisingly park revenue was up.

They need to start generating cash cow movies again though.Β 

22 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Score one for me

You were correct.Β  I didn't think it would make past 525-530, so you were right - credit deserved.

But Disney didn't make a 250 million dollar movie to profit 7 million dollars.Β  560 was the break-even point according to some and it BARELY broke even.Β  So, it was still so-so from a critical perspective but most certainly financial failure.

25 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You were correct.Β  I didn't think it would make past 525-530, so you were right - credit deserved.

But Disney didn't make a 250 million dollar movie to profit 7 million dollars.Β  560 was the break-even point according to some and it BARELY broke even.Β  So, it was still so-so from a critical perspective but most certainly financial failure.

Of course every studio wants to make a bunch of money on a film. I said a few pages ago that in the end this film was going to just be a nothing in the end- not a failure and not a major success. Just something that existed.Β 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Of course every studio wants to make a bunch of money on a film. I said a few pages ago that in the end this film was going to just be a nothing in the end- not a failure and not a major success. Just something that existed.Β 

They're gonna make money on streaming and merch, but yeah, in general not a huge success but not a bomb either.

Desantis bending the knee.Β  Basically admitting it was all a political stunt and he doesn't want to fight anymore.

He focked around and found out.

β€œ[W]here we are today, you know, we’ve basically moved on,” DeSantis said during an interview on CNBC’s β€œLast Call.” β€œThey’re suing the state of Florida, they’re going to lose that lawsuit. So what I would say is, drop the lawsuit.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/14/desantis-disney-lawsuit-end-00111199

Disney plus subscriptions down 300k in the US and Canada. Β Cricket!Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You did it! Gongrats!!Β 

:doublethumbsup:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Holy crap!

Down 3%!!!!

How will Disney recover?

LMFAO

21 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Holy crap!

Down 3%!!!!

How will Disney recover?

LMFAO

Yur another guy who doesn't know how box office, math, finances and logic work.Β  Good job, Glory Hole Garrett!Β  :lol:

Good thing you aren't in charge of any businesses.

Disney's goal was 100 million subscribers by 2024.Β  They went over 100 million in just a year in a half, which is incredible.Β  Subscriber numbers are down but they are still exceeding their goal with 146 million subscribers.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Disney's goal was 100 million subscribers by 2024.Β  They went over 100 million in just a year in a half, which is incredible.Β  Subscriber numbers are down but they are still exceeding their goal with 146 million subscribers.

Yeah, despite the 88 page thread about how they're destined to fail, I would consider them a good bet to succeed.

Β 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

But they lost 300k subscribers!!!!

THE HORROR!!!

Disney is done!

LMFAO...stupid ass cultist...SMH

18 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They lost 300k whiny righty snowflakes- they will be ok.Β  ;)

Β 

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

I wonder what makes him so confident they'd win given they did what the suit alleges.

He probably just felt bad for Disney.

:dunno:

10 minutes ago, nobody said:

I wonder what makes him so confident they'd win given they did what the suit alleges.

Well he's not gonna come out and say that he knows he's gonna lose.Β  His first try is to ask them to drop the suit.Β  But we all know he's gonna lose bad.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I saw they are planning to crack down on password sharing like NetflixΒ 

I think more and more go this route.Β  Subs will be $25-30/month soon too I'd guess for some of these popular services.Β 

21 minutes ago, Reality said:

Good for Sage, it's awesome to see conservatives push back. :thumbsup:

Β 

Hollow "victory" without settlement details.Β 

Hey guys, nothing to see here!Β  It's all going perfect for Disney!Β  I have it on good word from several posters in here that losing money is the new "making money"!Β Β 

Turns out Disney's "making money" means cooking the books:

https://deadline.com/2023/08/disney-lawsuit-film-finance-partner-tsg-hollywood-accounting-fox-streaming-1235520089/

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Hey guys, nothing to see here!Β  It's all going perfect for Disney!Β  I have it on good word from several posters in here that losing money is the new "making money"!Β Β 

Turns out Disney's "making money" means cooking the books:

https://deadline.com/2023/08/disney-lawsuit-film-finance-partner-tsg-hollywood-accounting-fox-streaming-1235520089/

πŸ’₯

Another lawsuit filed by investors against Disney. They claim Disney lied about their steaming numbers and how much streaming was losing. Β It’s the third such lawsuit filed against Disney. Ooof.Β 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Another lawsuit filed by investors against Disney. They claim Disney lied about their steaming numbers and how much streaming was losing. Β It’s the third such lawsuit filed against Disney. Ooof.Β 

Steaming numbers. .......Yep. Oopssiess.

Nazis back at Disney World.

Good thing they're wearing masks with covid coming back.

Notice the desantis flag too.